what is the rarest sega dreamcast game?

i dont remember clearly but i heard it was aero wing 1 or 2, seen it 4 like 12$ in my local store but just dont want it

Probably the Limited Edition of Sonic Adventure only at Hollywood Video.

That is the most rare US game. That said, no US game is truly rare. In terms of hard to find, Sonic LE, Aerowings 2, Kao the Kangeroo, Sega Bass Fishing 2, and ECW Anarchy Rulz are pretty difficult. The game with the lowest total of games shipped is I-Spy, and that isn't *rare* by any defenition. And it certainly isn't worth money.

[quote name='greydemise']there was an LE sonic adventure?[/quote]

I didn't know they made one either. What was so limited about it? Was there all kinds of extra stuff or just a snazzy box?

Aren't games like Bangai-O, Grandia 1/2, Mars Matrix, Marvel versus Capcom 2, and Skies of Arcadia supposed to be pretty hard to find to rare? Maybe not Skies of Arcadia anymore since it was released on the GCn and then re-released so demand for it has waned a little meaning lower prices.

I have no idea what the rarest DC game is, but a few I hardly ever see out in the wild are: Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves, Cannon Spike, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike, and Mars Matrix.

I didn't know they made one either. What was so limited about it? Was there all kinds of extra stuff or just a snazzy box?

Extras? Snazy box? No and no... Sonic LE is a glorified demo disc. From Digital Press...

"This is an incomplete, rental version of Sonic Adventure adapted from the Japanese version of the game. Internet features and memory card saving is disabled. It debuted at the Hollywood Video chain nearly two months before the Dreamcast launched, and later appeared in store kiosk kits."

If you're a collector, it will likely be the only US Dreamcast game that has a value of $100, but it's just not worth it for a demo IMO. If you want to collect the hard to find games, go with the ones I listed above. Oh, and Bangai O. Don't forget that.

I've been looking for a copy of Justice League in good shape, but that seems somewhat hard to find. Of course, I'm sure I could snag a copy off of Ebay, I've just been looking locally.

[quote name='argyle']I've been looking for a copy of Justice League in good shape, but that seems somewhat hard to find. Of course, I'm sure I could snag a copy off of Ebay, I've just been looking locally.[/quote]

A Justice League game? Are you sure you don't mean Project Justice?

yea i have anarchy rulz as well.. i remember i had to order it online when it came out because i couldnt find it at stores....i think mine came a lil buggy though

[quote name='guyver2077']yea i have anarchy rulz as well.. i remember i had to order it online when it came out because i couldnt find it at stores....i think mine came a lil buggy though[/quote]

Nah, that's just the game. I picked it up for like 8 bucks used and complete at EB a looooooooooong time ago because I wanted an ECW game.. Actually, I may have bought it new for that cheap from somewhere.. anyways. Yeah, the game's pretty much a trainwreck, nearly a clone of WWF Attitude.. I got my WWF Attitude instruction book autographed by both Hardy's.. sort of a nod to them for doing motion capture work for it..

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='guyver2077']yea i have anarchy rulz as well.. i remember i had to order it online when it came out because i couldnt find it at stores....i think mine came a lil buggy though[/quote]

Nah, that's just the game. I picked it up for like 8 bucks used and complete at EB a looooooooooong time ago because I wanted an ECW game.. Actually, I may have bought it new for that cheap from somewhere.. anyways. Yeah, the game's pretty much a trainwreck, nearly a clone of WWF Attitude.. I got my WWF Attitude instruction book autographed by both Hardy's.. sort of a nod to them for doing motion capture work for it..[/quote]

well the thing is i actually had rented it for ps since it came out on there before it did on dc. i kinda liked it on ps only graphics and loading were the problems.

i was hoping the dc version would fix it and i think it did look a lot sharper and nicer it just my version glitches out alot with the audience etc. and the crowd isnt as alive as it is on ps. i think its my copy

wtf.. you realize that a "glitch" is in the game itself and not the cd, right? If the CD skips, that's a problem.. but if the audience is glitchy.. lol it's not your cd, it's the programming in the game..

BIN for $5.. doesn't seem rare.

Again, you make the mistake of lumping "worth money" and "rare" together. A rare game is not neccesarly worth money, and a game worth a lot of money is not neccesarly rare. I would also like to point out that with the exception of Sonic LE (which I don't consider to be a real game, rather a label variation/demo), NO Dreamcast game is rare. If a person sat out to achieve a complete collection of Sega Dreamcast games, they would be limited only by their desire to put it together. Finding all 251 US Dreamcast games would not be a problem. Nothing on it is rare by any definition.

[quote name='GuilewasNK'][quote name='argyle']I've been looking for a copy of Justice League in good shape, but that seems somewhat hard to find. Of course, I'm sure I could snag a copy off of Ebay, I've just been looking locally.[/quote]

A Justice League game? Are you sure you don't mean Project Justice?[/quote]

Doh, yea, that's what I meant. Actually, I know the series best by its Japanese name, Rival Schools (which makes a lot more sense imo). I just can't get used to the Americanized title.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']If a person sat out to achieve a complete collection of Sega Dreamcast games, they would be limited only by their desire to put it together. Finding all 251 US Dreamcast games would not be a problem.[/quote]

Hrmmm...now that sounds like an interesting task to take on. :)

Well I agree, but the dreamcast is by no means a hated system. Therefore any game that has a limited amount of copies will become valuable soon. A complete copy of Record of Loddoss War goes for 30-60. That makes it vuluable, and rare. At least in my opinion. Scary rare is that Gold nintendo cartridge from that contest that goes for an obsene amount of cash.

How about the Dreamcast game (supposedly) based on the Japanese film version of The Ring? That one's tough to find, though I hear it's crap. http://www.allgame.com/cg/agg.dll?p=agg&SQL=GIH||||25010

Illbleed is also pretty rare. It's a really weird survival horror game: http://www.allgame.com/cg/agg.dll?p=agg&SQL=GIH||||24919

I agree with Record of Lodoss War being rare.

[quote name='ViolentLee']How about the Dreamcast game (supposedly) based on the Japanese film version of The Ring? That one's tough to find, though I hear it's crap. http://www.allgame.com/cg/agg.dll?p=agg&SQL=GIH||||25010

Illbleed is also pretty rare. It's a really weird survival horror game: http://www.allgame.com/cg/agg.dll?p=agg&SQL=GIH||||24919

I agree with Record of Lodoss War being rare.[/quote]

Got all 3 of those for under $15 a few years back.

The Ring game is pretty "eh", still haven't actually played Illbleed, but I hear good things, and Record of Lodoss War was pretty fun for a few hours.

[quote name='Gameboy415'][quote name='ViolentLee']How about the Dreamcast game (supposedly) based on the Japanese film version of The Ring? That one's tough to find, though I hear it's crap. http://www.allgame.com/cg/agg.dll?p=agg&SQL=GIH||||25010

I agree with Record of Lodoss War being rare.[/quote]

Got all 3 of those for under $15 a few years back.

The Ring game is pretty "eh", still haven't actually played Illbleed, but I hear good things, and Record of Lodoss War was pretty fun for a few hours.[/quote]

I've never seen Lodoss War, but I see The Ring and Illbleed almost whenever I see a place with DC games.

I heard some guy spent over 1000 on one of the few master gd-rom Propellar Arenas. Thats how it got into circulation, not that I know anything about that of course.

[quote name='CantB76']I heard some guy spent over 1000 on one of the few master gd-rom Propellar Arenas. Thats how it got into circulation, not that I know anything about that of course.[/quote]

That's exactly what happened, then was distributed around the Torrent network until the recent lawsuits. I've played it and it is awesome, but I can see why it was cancelled.

Rare: MvC2, Record of Lodoss War, Illbleed, D2.

Lodoss is a really fun game actually, I bought it at Wal-Mart for $30 shortly after it came out... Put about 30+ hours into it but didnt finish... it gets damn hard towards the end...

"The Ring" is not rare or hard to find, I bought it for $4 about 2 months ago... Also bought "Typing of the Dead" for $5 a couple months ago... Seaman is not rare either...

But like Survivor Charlie has said several times, there are no rare US Dreamcast Games...

[quote name='Milkyman']what about seaman and typing of the dead? they seem pretty obscure[/quote]

I picked up Typing of the Dead for $3 from TRU just the other day. I used to see Seaman a lot, but haven't paid attention lately. I will say that that's one game I wouldn't buy used, because someone else has probably slobbered all over the mic before they traded it in. :puke:

And yea, the broadband adapter is fairly rare, since the only way to get it was to order it directly from Sega. I picked one up from a friend's roommate who wasn't using it anymore. About the only thing it's good for now is web browsing & collecting tho. ;)

I really want to pick up a copy of Seaman with the microphone. They're tough to find. I may just buy it off eBay with no mic, then gank the mic from a copy of Alien Front (which is much cheaper).

How about Ooga Booga? Haven't heard that mentioned yet. Floigan Bros.? Always wanted to check that out.

Soul Calibur isn't exactly rare, but ebay and half 15 complete is lowest, and used at any store it's still $20-30. And Seamen maily I think because of Mr. Nemoy aka Spock is the reason so many people want or love the game.

IMO rare in this circumstance means if you can find it NEW & SEALED or not ... otherwise no game is rare for the most part and can be bought used readily.

Not all... I can think of a dozen old games I've looked for and not been able to turn up a single copy. Some old s-nintendo RPG's are rare for just the cartridge for example.

not sure if it's rare or not but i had a hard time trying to get a hold of a street fighter 3 third strike without paying at the very least 30-35 dollars...

I have Bangai-O, bought it used at Eb a while ago for 14.99. The disc is in great shape. Damn, I didn't realize this was "rare".

Wait 10 years and then you'll know which games are truly 'rare' for the dreamcast. Right now I would say any game that's hard to find falls into the catagory of 'scarce.' If you're making an investment, then I would bet on Bangai O, ECW Anarchy Rulz, Kao the Kangeroo, I-Spy, Street Fighter 3, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, the Bleemcast discs, and of course, Sonic LE.

Why are most of the PSOne games complete used and the Dreamcast games arent, even at rental stores like Hollywood Video?

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']Wait 10 years and then you'll know which games are truly 'rare' for the dreamcast. Right now I would say any game that's hard to find falls into the catagory of 'scarce.' If you're making an investment, then I would bet on Bangai O, ECW Anarchy Rulz, Kao the Kangeroo, I-Spy, Street Fighter 3, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, the Bleemcast discs, and of course, Sonic LE.[/quote]

Been looking for I-Spy for a while. Its weird full name makes it tough to search for, and I don't believe many were made. I previewed it at gameinformer.com years ago, but that's the last I heard of it.

I personally don't believe anyone will ever care about the ECW game. Does anyone care about WCW for NES?

the most valuable games, and for that reason the rarest, are pretty much Gigawing 2, Last Blade 2, Power Stone 2, Fatal Fury Mark of the Wolves, Project Justice.

If it sells for 5 bucks, and no one wants it, its easy to find, and isnt going to be rare in the "cant friggin get it" sense that power stone 2 is.

Last Blade 2 is getting pretty hard to find now.

I haven't seen Mr. Driller in a while either.

I remember reading somewhere that Urban Chaos was limited to 5000 copies released but I could be wrong about that.

Maybe I'm wrong but games usually need to be fun or popular, continued later and becomes a hit, based on a popular series, Record of lodoss war, Mario, Sonic, etc... to become rare. Also extreme rarity helps. Only given out in a contest for example to be considered rare. That's my opinion, and experience anyway.

bread's done
Back