What is your most coveted possession in your gaming collection?

thecoryjihad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (84%)
What do you hold the most dear in your collection? Is it a particular Collector's Edition? A Japanese import? An old classic that you found at a flea market or yard sale? Or just a game that no matter how long you've had it, you keep on coming back to play it.

Let's hear your thoughts!

For me, it used to be the PlayStation 2 copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2, which I ended up selling on eBay when my last PS2 took a crap on me.

Now though, it's probably my Limited Edition of Forza Motorsport 3, complete with the little keychain and USB drive.

I dont really have anything considered super rare or anything so I would go with my mint complete copy of "Bubble Bobble" on the original Playstation.

Launch model PS3 (60 gig). Call me a Sony fan boy if you want but it's the first gaming console I bought since the Super NES was released. Don't have enough time for multiple consoles or trying to keep up with pc tech.

Needless to say, I took a long break from gaming and just glad to be back into it.

It's probably my Valkyrie Profile PS1. I have things that are worth more, but I coveted after that game for so long, that when I finally got it, it was like a golden goose egg lol

Value doesn't mean so much to me. The reason I covet Forza so much is because I found it brand new(still sealed!) at a flea market for $15. I couldn't find it in any stores and online it was selling for above asking price. So it was an important find for me.

picture.php

I love each and every slime equally.

Mine is my black label complete Final Fantasy VII. I loved that game so much when I played it back in '97. I don't think I could ever part with it.

Oh, square, you slay us all!

I'd actually go with my mint copies of Mega Man Legends 1 & 2. I sold off all my other PS1 games a while ago, but those were the only two I kept.

[quote name='Squarehard']
I love each and every slime equally.[/QUOTE]

The one in the middle isn't making eye contact, he's definitely plotting something.

For me it's Chrono Trigger because it's still one of my favorites 12+ years since I picked it up. I don't know about other games, but at that time I hadn't seen things like multiple endings or some of the changes resonating through time. It was a really cool game to play and replay for the endings. Also really appreciated new game+.

Ya know thats a really good question, and it took me a minute to think about it. I can't say that I have anything super rare, and I really don't get into any of the import stuff, I'm just a gamer and have been all my life so ive amassed a decently extensive of consoles, from my original oddessy system all the way to current gen and games of all types, but the one that stands out as most significant is still my original release full arcade cabinet neo geo system that I bought when the local arcade that I worked at closed down. I remember signing the invoice when taking delivery of it when it first came out, and i kept all the game cartridges that we had left after we cycled them out when the new ones were released. But the best thing about it was having all three of the first samurai showdowns for it. I remember owning everyone back in the day on that thing, I used to just smile when that new challenger reached to the glass for his token to put in and bring it on in SS 1. That WAS multiplayer! Lol. I made some good friends on that game, I even met one of my best friends who went on to be the best man at my wedding. So now years later, every now and again when friends are over, I'll fire it up and we get a little token line going on across the bottom of the screen. It's not the most valuable or whatever in my collection but it's definitely my favorite.

I'd probably need to go with Panzer Dragoon Saga as well, or my collection of complete N64 games (sure it's more than one game, but hey not many people have a bunch complete nowadays).

IMG_0135.jpg

Gotta go with my Uncharted 2 promotion book and also Phantasy Star Online Eps 1 + 2 Plus. Zelda DS is up there too but it's got a bad hinge due to playing with it.

I have other rare things, but these two stick out.

The best I have is the original pokemon red box and game. I was 4 when I got it and for whatever reason I still have the box it came in with manuals and everything. Love that game.

The best items in my collection are the pieces of Gears of War swag I got while I was working at Epic. I've got the original "Every Tag tells a Tale" metal COG tag (seen here) and I've got a Gears of War baloon and menu from the Gold party (which was held at the Solas lounge in Raleigh at the end of October 2008 before Gears 2 launched).

[quote name='nnthomas']Virtual Boy - bought one at launch and it's been with me since. Wario Land baby[/QUOTE]

Make sure you play it regularly, I left my Virtual Boy sitting unused for a few years and when I went back to test it out one of the lenses wasn't functioning correctly. Apparently it's a pretty regular issue with some of the wires and how they were soldered to the motherboard. I bought my VB for $20 at Kay Bee when it was being clearanced, it's a damn shame it is broken because I loved Galactic Pinball.

I would have to say right now it would be my Xbox 360. I use it more then my other systems and its just bomb. It is a SE CoD MW2 one, but thats not why. It's just cuz I love the system. I would say the question changes every gen for me.

8bit - NES
16 bit - Joe Montana 95
32/64 bit - Super Mario 64
PS2 era - Xbox Live
Current - 360

:ps2:Resident Evil 4 Premium Edition with the special laser cell in it and not-opened, and I have a signed copy of :ps3: Final Fantasy XIII by the developers and voice-actors (won in a IGN contest)

Sort of an off the topic question but is a still sealed black label copy of the original Uncharted worth keeping sealed? I have a copy but looking through my backlog this is the next game I kind of want to play.

[quote name='thecoryjihad']I'm not a Sony guy, but that FFXIII PS3 is beautiful.[/QUOTE]
This. Very jealous.

Mine is probably my sealed Final Fantasy XII CE.

I have a bunch of NES stuff I took from my grandfather when we had to put them in a nursing home. I'd always play the NES when we went over there and he had a Commodore 64, too, but by the time I learned to appreciate it it was long gone. He never kept any of the boxes but all the games have passwords scribbled all over the manuals. The Startropics cart still has his character saved on it. After his Alzheimer's hit him really hard I guess he tried to take apart the NES and lost the parts, but all his games are filed neatly in my cabinet. It's the one part of my collection that's off-limits to anyone else.

[quote name='Survivalism']I have a bunch of NES stuff I took from my grandfather when we had to put them in a nursing home. I'd always play the NES when we went over there and he had a Commodore 64, too, but by the time I learned to appreciate it it was long gone. He never kept any of the boxes but all the games have passwords scribbled all over the manuals. The Startropics cart still has his character saved on it. After his Alzheimer's hit him really hard I guess he tried to take apart the NES and lost the parts, but all his games are filed neatly in my cabinet. It's the one part of my collection that's off-limits to anyone else.[/QUOTE]

It's always cool when the older generation leads you to gaming finds; my pop hooked me up with Wild Arms complete for a quarter and my Run Saber CIB couldn't have ran much more then that. I know the feeling of keeping that stuff "off-limits," aye.

I have all of the Wild arms games (all systems), Lunar 1 with ALL the goodies, 2 copys of Final Fantasy 7 black label (one with the messed up letter) as well as a mint copy of Tales of Destiny.... I like my PS1 collection.. Many other things i like as well but those are the ones i treasure most even though i never play them anymore.

Purely from a gaming standpoint, I'd say my complete Chrono Trigger, easily my favorite game. It's not in the best shape but it's in much better shape overall now (thanks to the copy I got from danh920) and it is fully complete. I had to piecemeal this from 3 copies total and it cost me dearly.

Other notable things are probably my PS1 collection (I've got pretty much every notable/rare RPG and most rare/notable non-RPGs), all 3 Tales of Symphonia contest card sets (still sealed), and my Xenogears Perfect Works.

I jealous of those of you with those rare Saturn games. I wish I would have picked up some those RPGs like Shining Force III and PD Saga.

[quote name='Squarehard']
picture.php

I love each and every slime equally.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: You're the man Square.

[quote name='doodmandood']Gotta go with my Uncharted 2 promotion book and also Phantasy Star Online Eps 1 + 2 Plus. Zelda DS is up there too but it's got a bad hinge due to playing with it.

I have other rare things, but these two stick out.[/QUOTE]

What's the Uncharted 2 Promotion book? Never heard of it...

Mine are my original games before I joined bytesizedeals / vgtalk / and then CAG. My collection has exploded since then and if I ever unload my gaming collection then I intend to keep those games. If I had to name a single game, it would be my mint Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Probably my framed Bioshock 1 montage I have at home. I'll have to get a picture of it...

Basically a framed Faceplate, copy of the game with the original "ONLY ON XBOX 360" stamp on the slip cover, and a little sister figurine.

Otherwise I have a 60gb PS3 system. A pile of collectors editions, Resident Evil 5 360... I dunno.

Most prized? Probably the game I've played the most to this day. Pokemon Red edition.

Probably my japanese xbox 360 arcade system. Get to play some of the 360 games out in japan others may miss unless they import as well. Easily worth the purchase. Right now not finding much to play here in terms of what I like, and what has released. Over there in japan.....A whole slew of japan only games to fill that void.

I love my Fallout 3 CE because of how much I loved the game and how I came to own it. I snagged it while raiding a nearly empty Circuit City in 2009.

I also have a Bioshock poster from Justin D. Russo that is framed. Wouldn't give it up for anything. Have a Bioshock 2 CE but I'm not as attached to it.

Actually after going through my pictures I change my answer. The most awesome thing I had gaming wise was the xbox posted below. I won it in a contest and it was very bad ass. However, I already had a xbox and didn't need another one. Sold it for $700. It definitely was awesome and if I didn't have a xbox I would have kept it, but I needed the money more.

BKQM4l.jpg

Side
Other Side

Mass Effect 1 and 2 C.E.'s, Tales of Vesperia C.E. with guide and even though its not really gaming related my Takara Masterpiece Optimus Prime Black repaint

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']It's always cool when the older generation leads you to gaming finds; my pop hooked me up with Wild Arms complete for a quarter and my Run Saber CIB couldn't have ran much more then that. I know the feeling of keeping that stuff "off-limits," aye.[/QUOTE]

It's funny, there's a copy of Fire N Ice which is about an A on the rarity guide, and I remember the Christmas he got it because both of my aunts bought him a copy and one called the other in Florida on Christmas to yell at her for buying him the "same damn game." He should have kept one of them because they're worth a pretty penny. I won't sell it, though. Heck, I haven't even beaten it yet.

Plus there's a copy of Landstalker for Genesis, but it's got a manual for Sub-Terrania in it, and he never had a Genesis so I don't know why he had this game. I really wish I could ask him about it.

For me, it's a toss up between my two favorite games of all time. Neither of which are valuble in a monetary sense: Mario Golf Advanced Tour for the GBA and Eternal Darkness for the Gamecube. I must have put 60 hours into golf and I finished Eternal Darkness three times. It had such an incredible story. My copy of Planescape Torment is also high on the list.

bread's done
Back