Echolyn - Mei

front.jpg

Tears For Fears - Everybody Loves A Happy Ending

DavidGilmourOnAnIslandCover.jpg

David Gilmour - On An Island

YesMagnification.jpg

Yes - Magnification

Since there seems to be a lot of Daft Punk fans here I thought I'd share this:

Amazon MP3 has their greatest hits collection, Musique, on sale today for $2.99.

I think most the material has been available on their other CD's but it's a nice starter set for the uninitiated.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Madvillain's Madvillainy and Common's Like Water For Chocolate[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure you meant to say The Foreign Exchange's Leave it all Behind.

The decade thing is difficult, I'm listening to far different music now, than I was ten years ago.
First three that come to mind...I'll think of more later probably.
Between the Buried and Me - Colors (The Great Misdirect was also FANTASTIC)
In Flames - Clayman
The Black Dahlia Murder - Nocturnal

[quote name='c0rnpwn']
KMFDM - Hau Ruck (I'm gonna get dogged on for this, but I genuinely like every song on the album. It also introduced me to KMFDM)
[/QUOTE]
Amongst the Lucia era K.M.F.D.M. I gotta agree it's their best album. Though it also moves more closer to pure rock sound compared to other albums (not a bad thing). Though man I didn't really like Blitz that much.

And still trying to make my list for this decade...

There are tons, so much of my favorite music has come out in the past 10 years. Hell, some of my favorite bands have had all of their releases in that time. 1st album that came to mind for best of the decade, though, was Brand New - The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me.

Actually, I have another one

For those of you who like Billy Joel, his 12 Gardens Live is nothing short of amazing. It was recorded in 2006 and it contains some of his hits as well as some of his more obscure tracks.

Wow, my taste in music is so completely different from everyone who has posted in this thread so far. Kind of one of the reasons I'm posting. To add something different.

1. Lady Gaga - The Fame/Fame Monster
Lady-Gaga----Fame-Monster-DE-Front-Cover-20613.jpg

Easily my favorite album this decade. You all know who Lady Gaga is. No more needs to be said.

2. Hikaru Utada - Deep River
utadahikarudeep-river.jpg

Hikki has been my favorite singer since the first time I heard Automatic. Deep River is, IMO, her best album with tracks like Tokyo Nights, Play Ball, and Sakura Drops. I'm actually going to see her live next month. I can't wait!

3. Alan - Heart of the East
alan-xindedongfang.jpg

The Mandarin debut of Tibetan singer Alan. I imagine her voice is what angels must sound like. Seriously, she has probably the most beautiful voice I've ever heard.

4. BoA - BoA
boastrose.jpg

The American debut of Korean singer BoA. Some surprisingly great dance music on this album since I had always known BoA more for her R&B style.

Honorable mention:

Ayuse Kozue - AK
Only because Sundae Love is quite possibly the catchiest song I've heard all decade XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e21U_YphKQ

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Wow, my taste in music is so completely different from everyone who has posted in this thread so far. Kind of one of the reasons I'm posting. To add something different.

1. Lady Gaga - The Fame/Fame Monster
Lady-Gaga----Fame-Monster-DE-Front-Cover-20613.jpg

Easily my favorite album this decade. You all know who Lady Gaga is. No more needs to be said.
[/QUOTE]

wvb8mdhkx_holymo.jpg

Mine are:

Songs for the Deaf, Rated R - Queens of the Stone Age
CKY Vol. 1 - CKY
Reinventing the Steel - Pantera
Wonder What's Next - Chevelle
Degradation Trip Vol. 1&2 - Jerry Cantrell
Ten (Remastered) - Pearl Jam

I'm surprised Narrow Stairs seems to be the Death Cab album of choice in here. I'd take Plans or Transatlanticism over Narrow Stairs without hesitation. It's not even close, IMO.

In no specific order:

Glassjaw - Worship and Tribute

6553_glassjaw_worship__tribute.jpg

Botch - An Anthology of Dead Ends

B00006L3MC.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Coalesce - Salt and Passage

203.jpg

Most of the albums that have come out suck...

Last edited by a moderator:
61NVAP5WVRL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Ayreon- The Universal Migrator (Part I & II)

31BZG9675AL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Neal Morse- Testimony

515ATK66Z4L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Porcupine Tree- Deadwing

61mYTmmZoOL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Theocracy- Mirror of Souls

31P7HWV3GZL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Frost- Milliontown

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I'm surprised Narrow Stairs seems to be the Death Cab album of choice in here. I'd take Plans or Transatlanticism over Narrow Stairs without hesitation. It's not even close, IMO.[/QUOTE]
I really enjoyed Plans too, but it just seems like Narrow Stairs has a really specific sort of mood to it that it carries throughout the whole album, which is something I have to respect.

I'm gonna throw in a few more while I'm at it:
arctic_monkeys.jpg

daft-punk.jpg

Thermals_060810110148255_wideweb__300x300.jpg

vampire-weekend-lp.jpg

20629.jpg

santicover.jpg

[quote name='mcgavin27']Even weirder trivia, they played a midnight release show at a record shop in NYC.[/QUOTE]

I think there's a clip of them playing that show on their documentary, Gigantic.

Anyway, I'll second the Mink Car nomination, and also throw in

Spiraling - Transmitter
OK Go - OK Go
The Protomen - Act II - The Father of Death

ceb7c2f6a2521e3f1dcf04845f6.jpg

Baronness - First
Tegan_and_Sara-The_Con.jpg

Tegan and Sara - The Con
elpsleep.jpg

EL-P - I'll Sleep When You're Dead
gallows.jpg

Gallows - Grey Britain