What is your "Wii Fund," you CHEAP ASS BIATCHES?

[quote name='icecubedx5']Off topic - Is your sister hot and can you post pics? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

What's off topic about that? He WAS speaking about his sister, after all! :D

Don't have a fund, but I do have the intention of getting a Wii and like 5-8 games upon release without even questioning the amount I'm spending.

I have determined that Sony will allow me to buy a Wii.

It's simple, I camp out and buy a PS3 at launch, sell it on ebay for a hefty profit, and BAM!, Wii for me.

I have $137 in store credit at Gamerush right now, and that's it. It all depends on how much money I have left in the bank after buying my dad's car.

[quote name='Spades22']Off topic: What does OP mean! Been wondering for a while[/quote]Optimus Prime

back on topic, I have a younger brother AND a job.
so my younger bro is half of the cost and I'm the other half. Plus, I have a friend who works at Gamestop who can get me 30% off games (for you math illiterates, $30 off every $100:cool:)

$550 as of now, but I just found out that my wife is pregnant with our first child, so that amount may be lowered a bit. I'm #2 on the list on my FYE reservation list, though.

My Wii fund is 200 for the console, and than 50-100 on accesories/games.

I'm not interested in investing a ton of money into my sub console.

[quote name='iheartmetal']i have a job. i earn money there which i can use to buy various goods and services.[/QUOTE]

Well, yes, you *could* simply do it that way. However, Botticus and I (and many other CAGs) have "enhanced" that aspect of it.

For example, take $50 of your hard-earned job money:
1) Buy cheap, easy-to-find, games to trade to GR and get $100 in GR credit.
2) During the GR 75% off clearance that just so happened to correspond with the EB $10 extra credit promo, buy cheap games at GR and trade them into EB, turning the $100 into $160 or so.

So, $50 of earnings -> $100 at GR -> $160 at EB. Do this on a larger scale and your Wii + launch games + DS/PS2/etc games for the rest of the year are paid off ALREADY (and maybe even the PS3 as well).

In any case, the Fall is looking good with neither my credit card or my paycheck needing to take a hit to get this wonderful new Nintendo system we are all hyped about. Having said that, I will still be pretty selective with launch titles and try to wait on price drops. Elebits sounds great to me, for example, but not $50 great, even if that $50 was obtained from just $10-$20 in real money. That's just the cheap-ass in me I guess :rofl:.

Well, after re-counting a few things in the ol' budget, I've given myself the go-ahead to bump the ol' Wii-fund up to $500. Of course, this is all dependent upon there being that many launch titles I've GOTTA have. But knowing me, I'll get all excited after the Wii Wait and will just blow through my cash on whatever's there...then have no budgeted room for more games when some true faves are released. Bah.

[quote name='icecubedx5']Don't flame, I did a quick search and didn't see any topics about this. Anyways, I am so curious to see what type of "Wii Funds" there are for all you Cheap Ass Gamers and how much you are spending at launch? Are you going to stay cheap or are you going all out?

Basically I have $180 in GameStop credit that I forgot about (sold a PS2 for $70 a few months ago and an original DS for $70 along with Oblivion for 360). I also got $270 in store credit at Best Buy after I returned my PSP. So that means for that one night, my cheap ass will be getting its ass kicked...hard. I'm talking anal raping of my cheap ass.

(_|_)

I bought Nintendo stock in February and it's pretty much doubled since then (I bought it at $12 a share and now it's $25) so...

That's where I'm getting my money.

Everytime you bought a DS, or a Nintendo game, you put a little into my fund. For that, I thank you.

I fully expect that stock to continue to rise for the duration of the year.

I'll probably just pick up the console and Zelda at launch, and a VC controller if I feel like it (which I likely will). It'll be a nice little graduation present for myself.

[quote name='io']Well, yes, you *could* simply do it that way. However, Botticus and I (and many other CAGs) have "enhanced" that aspect of it.

For example, take $50 of your hard-earned job money:
1) Buy cheap, easy-to-find, games to trade to GR and get $100 in GR credit.
2) During the GR 75% off clearance that just so happened to correspond with the EB $10 extra credit promo, buy cheap games at GR and trade them into EB, turning the $100 into $160 or so.

So, $50 of earnings -> $100 at GR -> $160 at EB. Do this on a larger scale and your Wii + launch games + DS/PS2/etc games for the rest of the year are paid off ALREADY (and maybe even the PS3 as well).

In any case, the Fall is looking good with neither my credit card or my paycheck needing to take a hit to get this wonderful new Nintendo system we are all hyped about. Having said that, I will still be pretty selective with launch titles and try to wait on price drops. Elebits sounds great to me, for example, but not $50 great, even if that $50 was obtained from just $10-$20 in real money. That's just the cheap-ass in me I guess :rofl:.[/quote]

Or you could (at my position) do a couple hours of overtime. Unless I can pull $40 profit or more an hour from the flipping, it wouldn't be worth the time.

[quote name='Quillion']Or you could (at my position) do a couple hours of overtime. Unless I can pull $40 profit or more an hour from the flipping, it wouldn't be worth the time.[/quote]

So, did you honestly expect that the majority of people at this site (many of whom are under 18) make $40+ / hour, or was that just a pathetic attempt to show off?

[quote name='guessed']So, did you honestly expect that the majority of people at this site (many of whom are under 18) make $40+ / hour, or was that just a pathetic attempt to show off?[/quote]
If I didn't have a salary, I would probably make $40 an hour overtime (which is usually double time or at least time and a half), but as it is, I probably make closer to $10 an hour with a fixed salary. :lol:

So any GR flipping is a bonus... unless I wanted to take a part time job somewhere else to make that profit. But I think not - buying and trading games is a bit less frustrating.

[quote name='guessed']So, did you honestly expect that the majority of people at this site (many of whom are under 18) make $40+ / hour, or was that just a pathetic attempt to show off?[/quote]

A pretty pathetic attempt to show off. But I'd be willing to bet more people here hold down good jobs than you think.

The poster questioned the wisdom of working for game money, detailing his "Enhanced" method of acquiring the capital. To purchase various goods or services.

I was informing him that that method isn't cost-effective for many people. And he really should add up the other costs e.g. Time, Fuel, just plain annoyance. (I don't make $40 an hour either, that was an exaggeration) - Favorite movie line: "What you're looking at is a man who never measured someone's worth by the contents of their WALLET!"

Besides, flipping is pretty short-sighted, driving trade-in values down and used game prices up.

Waiter jobs can give you easily 50 bucks an hour where I live. 100 dollar tips probably come once a week by the odd person.

If I can get one at retail, I will buy it. I'm really in no rush for it to pay anything more. The money isn't really an issue, as I make enough to pay off the system, accessories and a couple games in a week's time.

Selling a ton of stuff via CAG and eBay, I've got about $300 at this point. Should be a good start for the Wii, an extra controller, Zelda and hopefully Wii Sports

Let's just say when you start planning a honeymoon, you realize how lucky you are you sealed your Wii fund away in game store credit, so you don't have to cower under your fiancee's glare when you purchase said item as you would using unallocated cash.

I'm hoping to get the console and two games at launch. I'll probably just stick with Mario Galaxies and Excite Truck (does anyone else think that looks awesome?). I was gunna get Red Steel too, but I've heard things about it that made me unsure, so I'll wait for reviews.

Right now I only have about $100 bucks to spend. I'm also saving for an HDtv right now so I don't really know what I'm gunna do yet.

I have about $100 in quarters in a jar, and have decided to use them to help with the console itself. I'll probably buy: a Wii (duh), VC controller, Zelda (GCN version), points for VC games (if that is how they are going to do it), and maybe Red Steel or another game that tickles my fancy at the time of release.

So I'll be spending less than $400 all together.

I redeemed my credit card points for $200 in best buy gift cards. I also have $100 from selling shit on half.com this month. Then another $50 on the way from a Warner Bros. DVD rebate.

$350 is a good start. Other than Zelda(Wii) I'm not sure on games. Mario(may not make launch though, same with Metroid). Maybe Rayman. I'm not too impressed with Red Steel either.

[quote name='Quillion']A pretty pathetic attempt to show off. But I'd be willing to bet more people here hold down good jobs than you think.

The poster questioned the wisdom of working for game money, detailing his "Enhanced" method of acquiring the capital. To purchase various goods or services.

I was informing him that that method isn't cost-effective for many people. And he really should add up the other costs e.g. Time, Fuel, just plain annoyance. (I don't make $40 an hour either, that was an exaggeration) - Favorite movie line: "What you're looking at is a man who never measured someone's worth by the contents of their WALLET!"

Besides, flipping is pretty short-sighted, driving trade-in values down and used game prices up.[/QUOTE]

"The poster" is me I suppose. (And I wasn't "questioning the wisdom" of working for game money - what an ODD thing to conclude - I simply meant you can work for the money AND enhance it via trads-ins, it isn't an either/or thing). On the flip side (so to speak) you aren't taking into account that it can actually be FUN to search out games to use to get trade-in credit. I wouldn't do it if it wasn't enjoyable on some level. So, yes, there are other expenses involved - but just like hunting down cheap games (to play), it is a hobby in and of itself (and something that can be done in parallel with looking for cheap games - though often they are very different games!). If it is fun and you know what you are doing, then it can very much be "cost effective" for just about anyone.

And being a cheap-ass is completely independent of how much money you make. I could buy the Wii and launch games no problems at full price. But the thing is, I KNOW there are cheaper ways to get them and I want to take advantage of those. I can't ever justify buying a game for $50, but thanks to the trade-in deals at GR I was able to get several $50 games by paying far less - many games (like Mario-themed ones) that have not dropped at all since.

Talking about wasting time - there are many of us who spend FAR more time on CAG than out buying games, or sometimes, even playing them :rofl:. If I really wanted "time" back, I'd stop reading/posting here!

The overtime thing won't work for me - they took that away several months back :cry:. But, like I said, that isn't the issue. I was still buying games the cheap-ass way and building up store credit even when I could charge overtime. It is a hobby like any other.

Sorry, but it just pisses me off when I see the flippant "get a job" comments (not referring to you Quillon but I see that on many other threads) from people who are responding to whatever on this site (be it flipping, driving across town for a guide, running to 4 Kmarts to find a $2 game, whatever). Some of us actually like the challenge of pulling off said deals...

[quote name='Quillion']
Besides, flipping is pretty short-sighted, driving trade-in values down and used game prices up.[/QUOTE]

How so?

I don't think both of those can be true. It is more likely that it drives the trade-in prices AND used game prices down - and for CAG's who aren't interested in taking advantage of trade-in deals (but like to buy used games) that is a good thing.

I know at EB/GS this is the case anyway - the more they have in stock of a certain game the more the trade-in prices will decrease. And the used prices will generally follow that (supply and demand after all).

I did alot of updating of the CAG wiki trade-in prices during the last EB/GS trade 3 promo. A few games dropped in price but just as many went up. I did another update a few days ago with the new values people have reported - guess what, same thing - most stayed the same, some went up, some went down. That promo was exploited like crazy and it really didn't do much to the trade-in prices of most games. So condemning "flippers" for ruining trade-in and used game prices is pretty baseless... (Also let's be clear what "flipping" means - if you mean buying games from EB and trading them back to EB, yes, that is bad - in the past that was what I thought "flipping" was. However, many CAG's consider buying games at CC/Kmart/GR and trading to EB to be flipping - but that is not really "flipping" the stock of a single store. In the CC/Kmart/GR -> EB case, everyone benefits - the original stores clear out junk, and EB pays what they think is good price for themselves to get more used game stock).

ANYWAY, all this discussion will be moot if EB/GS doesn't take preorders for the Wii and GR doesn't get them in at all (as rumored). I will have to get the Wii full price retail at Target or some such place - if it comes out at less than $200 and with Wii Sports that is a great deal anyway. I will still use the cheap credit to pick up other games and accessories though!

I'm currently sitting on $279 in store credit for GS. That will get the system for me and my LoZ. I've already paid off Red Steel and Trauma Center. So I'll probably get another controller for it and maybe Metroid... or play what I have and get Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Who knows, I just know I'll have at least 3 games and 2 controllers for when it comes out.

I have the funds to just buy it out right, but I haven't been gaming much lately, so I decided to trade in a bunch of games and take advantage for the trade 3, get extra $10 deal at Gamestop.

That got me $162.50 in store credit, so I'm pretty much set. I may well sell my X-box and PS2 before launch. I just have a few games to play through first.

PS2 I might hold on to though, for Okami and FFXII.

I have done all my Wii funding with change. I started just not spending my change during the day, and putting all the silver change in one jar, and all the pennies in another. Also, if I have any ones in my wallet when I get paid, I drop those into the jar as well. This started in mid-April. I have a little over 150 bucks now. So, I think it's a good method.

Welp, looks like my Wii fund is completely taken care of and then some... I'll be pulling about four full Saturdays of overtime this month and next, so that'll cover the Wii launch, a new iPod, etc. Totally sucks to have my weekends crapped on, though... those backlogged games ain't playin' themselves!

I have about $75 right now. I'm hoping there's a trade in deal with the gamecube that will bring in ~$50. I doubt it will happen, but sometimes it does. I can scrounge up the rest for the wii and zelda.

I have begun my Wii fund, now officially (thanks for birthday troves and some credit of trade), to be declared a rousing 300 shillings, with potential for growth. I hope to bump thee to yonder 500 ingots if I have mine ways.

Come Friday morning, I will be attending yon ye olde Gamestoppe, where I whence will dine upon pre-order pleasures.

Alright. I'm up to $159 now. It would have been more hadn't I bought a few DVDs. I'm really hoping for a good GCN trade in deal to make me over the top by November. We'll see what happens.

I'm up to about 250. I don't have games paid off because I want to make sure I have the console paid off first. Then, I have my games in an order of most most wanted to least most want, and I shall go down that list methodically and pay off the games one by one.

I've paid off the launch games I am planning to pick up in store credit for the time being, and setting aside extra for the console until I can get a preorder. I'll be doing the same thing I did with the 360 recently, my boyfriend and I will be paying roughly half each.
Setting aside extra money in case something else comes up, but for right now, we're set.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Well, after re-counting a few things in the ol' budget, I've given myself the go-ahead to bump the ol' Wii-fund up to $500. Of course, this is all dependent upon there being that many launch titles I've GOTTA have. But knowing me, I'll get all excited after the Wii Wait and will just blow through my cash on whatever's there...then have no budgeted room for more games when some true faves are released. Bah.[/quote]

I've since bumped it up to about $680 after seeing the launch games.

Afterwards, I'll be kickin' it in Brokesville 'til student loan time hits in January. Eek.

Well, I've sold over $700 worth of games and systems that I won't play again in anticipation of the launch. That's enough for the system, Zelda, an extra controller, a VC controller, some Wii points, Mario Galaxy, Mario Strikers, and Metroid Prime 3 when those respective games come out.

Wow, nicely done. I've been thinking of selling/trading a few things here and there for more Wiicash, but I'm the type who will regret it. I always do. I sold my N64, my Jaguar (had a ton of games for that, loved 'em), Sega CD, like 40-something of my NES games, and various other items a few years back - and always regretted it. So I haven't built up the nerve to do it this time around.

bread's done
Back