What is your "Wii Fund," you CHEAP ASS BIATCHES?

[quote name='munch']Alright. I'm up to $159 now. It would have been more hadn't I bought a few DVDs. I'm really hoping for a good GCN trade in deal to make me over the top by November. We'll see what happens.[/QUOTE]

I just added $45, so I'm up to $204 now!

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Wow, nicely done. I've been thinking of selling/trading a few things here and there for more Wiicash, but I'm the type who will regret it. I always do. I sold my N64, my Jaguar (had a ton of games for that, loved 'em), Sega CD, like 40-something of my NES games, and various other items a few years back - and always regretted it. So I haven't built up the nerve to do it this time around.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the majority of my sales are things I KNOW I won't be playing anymore, and they all came from the more recent generation (GBA, DS, GCN, and PS2). I had gotten a PS2 and several of the exclusives that I wanted to play this summer. I played them, enjoyed them, and was done. Sold the whole shootin match and got a decent chucnk of change from all of that. Some of the biggest things I sold were the 2 Zelda Collection discs for the Cube. Yes, they're very cool. But, with the virtual console they'll become even more so just a collector's piece. Being married now I can't really afford to have a ton of "for display only" stuff around. My Cube titles were slimmed down to what I would likely play again or play with friends (Donkey Konga, Ikaruga) or those which I haven't gotten to yet.

When I go to my Mom's house next, I'll be digging out my Saturn and my Master System to sell because I won't use those I'm sure. My NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, and Dreamcast stuff will largely remained untouched becaue the low price I could get for those doesn't make the losing of a nostalgic item worth it (though I am wary of keeping anything with an optial drive). If any CAGs want first dibs on a Saturn and/or Master System bundle, PM me. ;)

Im waiting for Wii bundles, whether that'd be this holiday season or next or after that. I have a job but Im really frugal, especially as of late, so no Wii for a while.

I got spoiled with the GC holiday bundle in 2004/2005 that came with 2 controllers and Double Dash.

Golly... I've been wavering back and forth on the Wii launch. It's not like the money's an issue, it's just backlog of awesome games I have and the inevitable price cuts that will make stuff like Elebits and Rayman Raving Rabbids really compelling purchases for me in 6 months or so.

Plus the DS keeps rocking out such awesome and affordable games (Cooking Mama has been a total blast! And for $20!!) and looks to continue doing so for the foreseeable future.

I dunno exactly at the moment, but I'd say well over $500. :) Well, near-broke youths, don't be hatin', I've been mostly saving my money the past two years. :D

Edit: Most of you are richer than I thought. ;)

[quote name='Scobie']Golly... I've been wavering back and forth on the Wii launch. It's not like the money's an issue, it's just backlog of awesome games I have and the inevitable price cuts that will make stuff like Elebits and Rayman Raving Rabbids really compelling purchases for me in 6 months or so.

Plus the DS keeps rocking out such awesome and affordable games (Cooking Mama has been a total blast! And for $20!!) and looks to continue doing so for the foreseeable future.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's my problem too. I have a huge backlog of GC games to play for cripes sake! Don't even get me started on the DS, PSP, and PS2 games I haven't played :rofl:.

And I know some of the launch games will be dirt cheap next summer or certainly by next Fall. Yet I've preordered Elebits at EB. I guess (besides, obviously, for the system) I might actually splurge a bit on this and get a few of those non-Nintendo lanuch games. But it will be painful knowing full well they will drop considerably fairly soon. This is one of those few times when I actually appreciate that Nintendo is so stubborn on dropping the prices of their 1st party games - I know if I buy it full price at release I won't be seeing it in the CC bargain bin for $8.96 a few months later :D. (So I will definitely buy Zelda, WarioWare, Mario Galaxy, Metroid, etc as soon as they come out).

But then I've got enough credit between EB and GR to get the Wii and PS3 and all their launch games combined - which of course I won't do. I'll save the credit to buy anything I might want next year as well. It should tide me over through all of 2007, hopefully. I'm aiming for no out of pocket purchases for the next year!

[quote name='io']I'm aiming for no out of pocket purchases for the next year![/QUOTE]

You might just be the most accomplished Cheap Ass Gamer around, io! Nicely done!

[quote name='Scobie']You might just be the most accomplished Cheap Ass Gamer around, io! Nicely done![/QUOTE]

Nah, there are others with even more credit :lol:.

[quote name='munch']I just added $45, so I'm up to $204 now![/QUOTE]

moved some stuff around so I'm up to $240. I'm going to be pre-ordering Zelda for the wii too, which should be paid for with trade-ins! Almost there!

bread's done
Back