What kind of Mp3 Player Do You Have?

30 gb Zune, hate it. Probably will buy the new ipod classic that gets release this year, though I hate itunes and the scroll wheel.

60GB 5G ipod. It was the biggest (hard drive) at the time. Apart from it being so resource heavy, I actually like itunes as well.

1 GB Coby MPC885. Got it for $29.99 from Big Lots over a year ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Coby-MP-C885-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1215730297&sr=8-1

L11165822.jpg

It uses one AAA battery. Battery life is about 8 hours. 1 GB is all I need for the moment, but I may get a bigger MP3 player later. I also have used my PSP as an MP3 player, but the Coby is so small and much easier to carry around.

Since everyone here clearly has an mp3 player, anyone got any recommendations on a good workout player? I'd use my psp but I run a lot and I really don't want to buy another one thanks to it falling or getting crushed by a weight. Also, if you guys tell me to go the apple route, is there any way to run their players w/o itunes? I'd prefer a 3rd party program.

[quote name='jaykrue']Since everyone here clearly has an mp3 player, anyone got any recommendations on a good workout player? I'd use my psp but I run a lot and I really don't want to buy another one thanks to it falling or getting crushed by a weight. Also, if you guys tell me to go the apple route, is there any way to run their players w/o itunes? I'd prefer a 3rd party program.[/quote]iPod Shuffle, but if you want something non Apple, I'd recommend a Sansa clip.

[quote name='jaykrue']Also, if you guys tell me to go the apple route, is there any way to run their players w/o itunes? I'd prefer a 3rd party program.[/quote]

There are plugins so you can use Winamp's media library in the same way you would use iTunes. Actually, it might even be a built-in feature by now.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']There are plugins so you can use Winamp's media library in the same way you would use iTunes. Actually, it might even be a built-in feature by now.[/quote]

That's good. I've been using winamp for a long time.

[quote name='Krusty657']iPod Shuffle, but if you want something non Apple, I'd recommend a Sansa clip.[/quote]

Hmmm, sounds like a winner but I'd like to hear more opinions before I commit. Any others?

jaykrue, I'd maybe step it up and get a Nano. Works great for running because it has flash memory (no moving parts). There are plenty of armband options for it. You'd maybe only want to add the FM radio tuner, which has a manual control dongle so you could still flip back and forth through tracks while running.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']jaykrue, I'd maybe step it up and get a Nano. Works great for running because it has flash memory (no moving parts). There are plenty of armband options for it. You'd maybe only want to add the FM radio tuner, which has a manual control dongle so you could still flip back and forth through tracks while running.[/quote]

That's something to consider but do I need the fm tuner to change songs? I don't listen to the radio anymore. Also, is there any players that are also durably waterproof (as I also swim as part of my workout)? Not a complete dealbreaker if there are none out there but it would be badass if I could swim & listen to my music at the same time.

I have (now had) 3 seperate zen v plus and it SUCKS! I only bought it because I listen to audio books on the way to work and no apple products were supported from the library that I downloaded my audio books. I have had 3 over the last five months and they all broke within a month of one another. Do not buy.

[quote name='jaykrue']That's something to consider but do I need the fm tuner to change songs? I don't listen to the radio anymore. Also, is there any players that are also durably waterproof (as I also swim as part of my workout)? Not a complete dealbreaker if there are none out there but it would be badass if I could swim & listen to my music at the same time.[/quote]

You wouldn't need the tuner to change songs, you'd have to actually reach and touch the dial on your arm. Actually, if you don't listen to the radio I wouldn't bother with the tuner, because it's a bit overpriced for what it does (typical of Apple). But the easiest solution is just setting up a playlist of songs you wouldn't skip past.

I'm pretty sure there are waterproof cases out there somewhere, but I would think earbuds might be a problem underwater. Waterproof cases would be more for a lifesaver if you dropped your player off a canoe while going down a river. Basically just a sealed enclosure, perhaps with some buoyancy.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Uh, why do you need 4?[/quote]

My Mini and Video, I dont use anymore, just keep them around. My Zune I use mostly for videos if I go on a trip and Touch I use for music and wi-fi.

I have one of those 30GB Zunes that Amazon sold for $90. I don't know what all the Zune hate is about because I love the thing. There are little annoyances, and it is a bit big, but for $90 I don't think I could have done better.

1 gb Sansa. The ones that woot.com has about a million of. Oh, and it has the custom Rockbox.org firmware on it too.

I have an iRiver H120 which I adore and just today I got a Cowon 80-gig A3. I know what you're thinking: "But Rusty Ghia, if you love your iRiver so much, why did you get another (very expensive) MP3 player?" Well, because I was foolish and only got the 20-gig iRiver and thought that I would never, ever fill up its harddrive. Now it's completely full and need more space, and went and bought the Cowon. I can only hope that it performs as well as the iRiver.

iPod nano - I've had it for years, its either a first or second gen model of the Nano.

I only use it at the gym and while mowing the lawn so I'm in no hurry to upgrade.

No-Brand 512MB, Creative (Something) 1GB, Zune 30GB (1.0)

Of course I love my Zune, but the others gave me years of faithful service before.

30 GB Creative Vision M as my main player. Love it, great sound, FM tuner, good recorder, good pic quality for videos.

512 MB Creative Nuvi flash play I've had for a while that I use in the gym. Has worked like a charm.

bread's done
Back