What kind of Music people are we poll?/What is your favorite song ever?

stocker08

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
What kind of music do you like more then any other type of music? Personally, i like rock music.

Also name your favorite song of ALL time.....CRAZY!
The song that i think it just one of the greatest songs ever has to be
DOWNFALL BY TRUST COMPANY

its only about 2 years old, but it is and will be one of my favorite songs for a long time.

I guess I'll choose Rock, but i prefer classic rock to today's music.

Favorite Songs?

At the moment, I would say either Lynrd Skynrd - Freebird or Pink Floyd - Wish you were here.

this poll is kinda meh.

i mean i mostly lissen to 80's, hardcore, punk, and folk, with a little bit of hip hop, jazz, and indie...only 1 of those is on the freakin list!!

see here....i could go into that much detail. 80's? then i would have had to get 70's, 60's, and the all importaint 40's. Then hardcore? that cant go under Metal? Punk, thats rock. Folk, just stick it under Foriegn, indie....i have no idea, and Jazz, well i guess i could have put that in there.

Everyones happy? Good............

Rap/Hip-hop, although I have grown to like a lot of other styles of music.

Fav song - Ain't Nuthin but a G Thang - Dr. Dre/Snoop Dogg

Hard to say my favorite type of music because I like most types. But my favorite song is A Day In the Life by The Beatles.

[quote name='bignick']casey will be pissed there is no stevan segal option.....[/quote]

I have the consolation of knowing that the project I did for class was named Casry Ryback's cookies!

and on topic, classic rock and country is what I listen to

[quote name='stocker08']see here....i could go into that much detail. 80's? then i would have had to get 70's, 60's, and the all importaint 40's. Then hardcore? that cant go under Metal? Punk, thats rock. Folk, just stick it under Foriegn, indie....i have no idea, and Jazz, well i guess i could have put that in there.

Everyones happy? Good............[/quote]

yeah but i dont like rock in the way 90% of the population would define it. stuff on the radio is crap. stuff that people lissen to to be cool thats not on the radio is crap!

hardcore =! metal, do you know what hardcore is? 7 seconds, slapshot, vision, youth birgade, token entry.

punk, as it is today, can be pushed togeather with rock, because as the screen name says, it sucks. but real punk rock cannot in anyway be calssified with creed *cringes*

bands like DK, TSOL, The ramones, the queers, the clash, screeching weasel, those are punk bands.

80's can be defined (by me) as most rock and pop between 1977 and 1986. stuff link devo, blondie, the cure, talk talk, bowie, billy idol, jovi, stuff like that.

40's 60's and 70's? one problems, the mostly sucked alot with a few exceptions. almsot everything from the 60's and 70's thats popular today is over rated. zepplin, floyd, beatles.

/angry old man

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']The Ramoes were just a shitty pop band.[/quote]
maybe youre thinking of the sex pistols :wink:

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']The Ramoes were just a shitty pop band.[/quote]
maybe youre thinking of the sex pistols :wink:[/quote]

No, the Sex Pistols were just shitty. :lol:

I honestly don't see why the ramones get praised so much when they are directly responsible for the likes of Good Charlotte and their ilk.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']The Ramoes were just a shitty pop band.[/quote]

I honestly don't see why the ramones get praised so much when they are directly responsible for the likes of Good Charlotte and their ilk.[/quote]

i dont know if i would blame good charolette on them, unless youre speaking in a six degrees way like:

the ramones influenced the queers, who influenced screeching weasel, who influenced greenday, who influenced blink, who influenced good charolette....in which case you should prolly blame the new york dolls, or the mc5

of course, you could prolly connect any 2 bands with such a long connection.

bad music always exists, and it always will because alot of people just want something catchy that has no real meaning, or something that could represent a meaning but is so over written it just becomes a parody of itself (read: most radio break up songs)

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']The Ramoes were just a shitty pop band.[/quote]

I honestly don't see why the ramones get praised so much when they are directly responsible for the likes of Good Charlotte and their ilk.[/quote]

i dont know if i would blame good charolette on them, unless youre speaking in a six degrees way like:

the ramones influenced the queers, who influenced screeching weasel, who influenced greenday, who influenced blink, who influenced good charolette

of course, you could prolly connect any 2 bands with such a long connection.

bad music always exists, and it always will because alot of people just want something catchy that has no real meaning, or something that could represent a meaning but is so over written it just becomes a parody of itself (read: most radio break up songs)[/quote]

It's pretty much 1 to 1; pop punk == pop punk.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']

It's pretty much 1 to 1; pop punk == pop punk.[/quote]

the beatles = nickleback

rock = rock

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']

the beatles = nickleback

rock = rock[/quote]

Rock is a much broader range than just pop punk. And the Beatles only had a few songs that I'd even consider rock anyway. That's more like saying pop/psychedelic = Grade A Canadian suck rock. :lol:

The Ramones were good for what they were, but if you have to blame modern "punk" on anyone, it's them.

I really can't believe anyone would say the Ramones are related to Good Charlotte. The Ramones essentially created punk music and made it known that anyone could start a kickass rock band. Good Charlotte bought clothes at Hot Topic and got a corporate mandate. It's not even the same realm. It's like saying Johann Gutenburg (the inventor of the printing press) is responsible for Dannielle Steele. It's too far removed to be plausible.

damn I'm not the only one who said "techno" is their favorite music.

And it's not Techno, it's electronica.

Donna summer - I feel love
all time fav tune,

but I guess no one cares since most of the posts are/going to be about pigeonholing music.

[quote name='punqsux']hardcore =! metal, do you know what hardcore is? 7 seconds, slapshot, vision, youth birgade, token entry.[/quote]

"they say i've got a problem. yeah, i've got a chip on my shoulder."

sorry, i couldn't help it.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']The Ramoes were just a shitty pop band.[/quote]

i concur. i hate punk and pop

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']

the beatles = nickleback

rock = rock[/quote]

Rock is a much broader range than just pop punk. And the Beatles only had a few songs that I'd even consider rock anyway. That's more like saying pop/psychedelic = Grade A Canadian suck rock. :lol:

The Ramones were good for what they were, but if you have to blame modern "punk" on anyone, it's them.[/quote]

and pop punk is firly broad too (not AS broard but you cant compare the descendants to new found glory, and you cant compare the ramones to good charolette!

lynyrd skynyrd = nickleback
debunk THAT!

Metal

I guess my favorite song is... well it's either Into Eternity - "Torn" or Trivium - "To Burn The Eye"

[quote name='Kain Vincent']I guess I'll choose Rock, but i prefer classic rock to today's music.

Favorite Songs?

At the moment, I would say either Lynrd Skynrd - Freebird or Pink Floyd - Wish you were here.[/quote]
Pretty much my opinion as well. Wish You Were Here is my favorite song.

bread's done
Back