What kind of pizza do you like?

Plain style (napolitan?) with any combination of pepperoni, mushroom, and/or sausage. And it must come from a pizza place that is not incorporated.

if money is no option stuffed is awesome. but since im cheap i normally go with a thin crust.
always w/ Italian sausage topping.

Few things I like:

- Lots of Parmesan cheese applied AFTER it's out of the oven.
- Hawaiian
- Dip dish.
- Thin crust BBQ chicken pizza
- Really thick, milky cheese
- The works, minus mushrooms.
- Yellow peppers.

Chicken Ranch.

Ranch dressing instead of pizza sauce, chicken & bacon. Preferably no less than twenty-four inches in diameter.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']NY style. Accept no substitutes.[/quote]

What's that? With cockroaches on it? ;)

(seriously though, I'm curious)

[quote name='crunchb3rry']What's that? With cockroaches on it? ;)

(seriously though, I'm curious)[/quote]

Super thin crust, made by Italian immigrants who moved to the Bronx. Took me years to find something close out here in WA.

Thinner crust (although not to the point where it literally snaps off when you take a bite.)

Cheese, sausage, mushroom.

Hmmm...

Chains:
COSTCO!!!! combo
Papa Johns w/ bacon and onions
Pizza Hut greasy pan crust w/ onions and bacon

Local pizzas are the best...But not cheap...and u never know if they'll just dish out a bad one.

[quote name='Maklershed']Plain style (napolitan?) with any combination of pepperoni, mushroom, and/or sausage. And it must come from a pizza place that is not incorporated.[/quote]:roll:

Pizza in Buffalo is dwarfed by how awesome our wings are. Our pizza is thick too, unlike the thin style that the rest of New York seems to enjoy.

White Pizza with some medium wings is my favorite out a doubt.

[quote name='life.exe']I take the cheese off of mine. Basically just bread plus sauce.[/quote]

Kinda like this, only I order it without the cheese and load up on veggie toppings. Spinach and mushrooms are all you really need though :D

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']:roll:[/quote]

I can't eat pizza from Pizza Hut/Domino's either. Not only does it taste awful compared to actual Italian places, but that shit don't fly with my stomach either. I don't know why it's so surprising.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Super thin crust, made by Italian immigrants who moved to the Bronx. Took me years to find something close out here in WA.[/quote]

I always thought NY style meant a ton of shit on it. Or maybe I'm thinking of Chicago style hot dogs.

[quote name='indy2029']Hmmm...

Chains:
COSTCO!!!! combo
Papa Johns w/ bacon and onions
Pizza Hut greasy pan crust w/ onions and bacon

Local pizzas are the best...But not cheap...and u never know if they'll just dish out a bad one.[/quote]

I also remember Costco having a pretty tasty pizza. :drool:

I rarely eat pizza, but I only like cheese pizza. I do not like sausage, pepperoni, or any other topping.

Also, I only like pizza that comes from Domino's, Little Ceasar's, Oley's, and Chuck E Cheese. Not a big fan of Pizza Hut after something really hard being in my pizza once. Not a fan of Papa John's since I don't like the thing they put within a pizza box (I don't like it touching my pizza). Marco's Pizza has a funny smell IMO.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I rarely eat pizza, but I only like cheese pizza. I do not like sausage, pepperoni, or any other topping.

Also, I only like pizza that comes from Domino's, Little Ceasar's, Oley's, and Chuck E Cheese. Not a big fan of Pizza Hut after something really hard being in my pizza once. Not a fan of Papa John's since I don't like the thing they put within a pizza box (I don't like it touching my pizza). Marco's Pizza has a funny smell IMO.[/QUOTE]

Was it a big sausage?

I've tried the papa johns with it's "better ingredient." Can't stand it, grew up eating pizza hut/dominoes, and I'll continue eating pizza hut/dominoes. As for type, thin crust with pepperoni and extra cheese/sauce. Mmmm, heartburn always taste so good!

Usually it is regular pizza from the local joint. Unless I can score one of these bad boys from Sneape's tavern in Hazleton, PA.

u63494.jpg

When I visit my aunt out near Philly she gets these "tamato/basil" pizzas that are outstanding. It's a local place that won some local Pizza awards I guess. It's a thin pizza with cheese and oil, no sauce, then with a liberal topping of tomatos and basil on top. I guess it's like a deconstructed sauce.

I'm no fan of tomatos and I can't get enough of it. When she first got it for use she bought one of it along with other varieties. The last time we were out there she bought one Pepperoni Pizza for the little ones and five Tomato/Basil pizzas for the rest of us.

Giordano's classic Chicago-style deep dish loaded with everything. I want my pizza to be a meal, not a snack.

Chicago-style > New York-style

[quote name='Moxio']Saying you'll only eat NY pizza is hella corny. It's good, but there's no reason to be an annoying snob about it.[/quote]

I still get Pizza Hut or Papa John's or what have you, but I have a preference towards NY style (I'm from NY, it's natural). I hardly think that makes me a snob.

Crispy pan pizza topped with either sausage or grilled chicken and fresh tomatoes. Add in some bell peppers for color and you can't forget about the onions.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Usually it is regular pizza from the local joint. Unless I can score one of these bad boys from Sneape's tavern in Hazleton, PA.[/quote]

Ahh a fellow Bloomsburg brethren .. if you haven't done so yet, you have to get Nardone Bros. frozen pizza. Never in your life will you find a better frozen pizza. Its normally in the dairy section.

When I was in grad school, I made pizza once or twice a week, making my own dough and sauce from scratch. I lived across the street from an Italian deli, so I had access to a lot of great toppings: fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, and homemade meatballs, especially. One time, they received a shipment of mozzarella di bufala—buffalo milk mozzarella—so I tried using that. It was a little too rich for the pizza, and it overpowered the other ingredients, so I prefer using the fresh cow's milk mozzarella. I use a pizza stone in my oven to make the crust slightly crispy on the outside, but still chewy on the inside.

My favorite pizza would have a crust slightly thicker than a thin crust (for a little more chewiness), tomato sauce, fresh cow's milk mozzarella, meatballs, green peppers, and onions (preferably onions that are slightly caramelized—if they're too caramelized, they burn when the pizza is baking). Prosciutto and spinach is a great combo, too.

bread's done
Back