What Old School game would you like to see remade?

basketkase543

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was listening to some of my videogames soundtracks and was thinking of some games I would love to see remade with current and/or future technology. I realize that these games are fantastic the way they are but it would be nice, for example, to be able to see the opera scene in FFVI happen with vivid facial expressions and orchestrated music, all with real-time graphics. Here are some games I would love to see remade:

1. Final Fantasy VI
2. Chrono Trigger
3. Super Mario RPG

It doesn't have to be an RPG but that is the only genre of games I could think of right now.

[quote name='rajchakrabarti']i answer the same game for these types of threads
....Crystalis.. i would love to see that remade.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see that as well. Faxanadu, Wizards and Warriors, or Legacy of the Wizard would also be good games to update.

One game I wouldn't want to see remade is Maniac Mansion. I can only picture Lucas Arts ruining it.

Betrayl at Krondor, Rise of the Triad, Duke Nukem 3d- PC

and maybe an update to the Terminator2 arcade game....

[quote name='roland13x']The classic Sega titles, stuff like Streets of Rage and Golden Axe.[/QUOTE]

They remade Golden Axe, it's part of Sega Classics Collection.

None. I'm all for continuing a series, but concentrate on new stories. If a game is going to be remade, at least add content to it (ala Metroid: Zero Mission).

That being said, I think Double Dragon's got some good gameplay left in it.

It's a good thing I'm posting this on a board and not saying it in person because I might get beat up...but I would say Kid Chameleon

>There needs to be a Actraiser 3

>Strider, not all Pandemonium-ish. This time, make it like Devil may Cry, and take the gameplay engine of the NES game

[quote name='atreyue']since there's never been a better one from the WWF, I'd go with an arcade port of Royal Rumble.[/QUOTE]

Ummm.. WM2000 or No Mercy for N64?

pro wrestling
warhawk (ps1)
jumping flash (ps1)

someone mentioned maniac mansion I think. There was a fan remake of it last year called Maniac Mansion Deluxe or something. You can find it for free and it's not bad. It's in the style of Sam and Max or Day of the Tentacle.

[quote name='thisiswack']pro wrestling
.[/QUOTE]

God I love that game....how about:

ShadowRun
RiverCity Ransom (or anything from the NEKKETSU, KUNIO-KUN line)
Soul Blazer, Illusion Of Gaia, or Terranigma
System Shock (supposedly someone was making a mod with the DOOM3 engine for this but got shut down by EA...doh!)
Tecmo Bowl

& another cheesy game I love...ART OF FIGHTING.

I would love to see an upgraded version of "Full Throttle." Yeah the game is short but the dialog is just damn funny at times. Of course how can anyone NOT like a game where you get to use Energizer bunnies to blow up a minefield. :applause:

[quote name='atreyue']since there's never been a better one from the WWF, I'd go with an arcade port of Royal Rumble.[/QUOTE]

Came out on the DC.

I'd love to see Kid Icarus, but only if they keep it silly and not make it "mature". I'd also love to see a new version of Tie Fighter. The big one for me though would be Faxanadu, which I loved to death when I was a kid.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Bionic Commando.

Maybe Sonic, the way its ment to be. The Adventure series or heroes doesnt count.[/QUOTE]

Well, since I'm guessing the way its meant to be would be 2d, then the sonic advance series would be what you're looking for.

[quote name='supermariomelee']Bubsy............ I'm kidding

Seriously, it would be Earthbound & Illusion of Gaia[/QUOTE]

I love Illusion of Gaia. Now you got me wanting to dig up my copy and beat it again.

bread's done
Back