What PC Games are you Playing Right Now?

nyprimus4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm looking into a laptop and want to hear what everyone is playing right now. My computer is workable right now with Firefox and such but no way it can handle games. When I get the laptop I want to get Half Life 2 Episode 1, Halo, and Fifa 07. So what are you playing right now?

Finshed HL2:EP1 not too long ago. Waiting on Episode 2.

If you like the Half-Life Source engine, Sin Episodes is a quick and fun game.

I only play strategy games on my laptop. Great for long plane trips. I usually play either Chessmaster or Galactic Civilizations II

Warcraft III, Starcraft (no idea why I'm still playing this), Tomb Raider Legend, Need for Speed Most Wanted, GTR2, Counter-Strike: Source

Nothing right now, but next week I'm buying 4 PC games (maybe 5.) Splinter Cell: Double Agent is the first thing I'll play, but FEAR Extraction Point is right after that. I can't fucking wait to play more FEAR.

256pxefboxog9.jpg

I LOVE this game! It's the only game I play online almost as much as Halo 2.

Titan Quest
Fear
Warcraft 3: TFT (only for DotA)
Oblivion (only once in awhile)

I got HL2:GotY sitting around waiting to be opened.

Eve Online

Though I just got a bunch of cheap stuff from CC. Half Life 2, Combat Mission 3, Dawn of War, BF1942 + expansions, and the expansions for Medal of Honor. Guild Wars Nightfall comes out next week too. Should keep me busy. :)

Civilization 4
DotA (An Excellent Mod for Warcraft 3)
and I might start playing rise of nations again with my friend. Just gotta reinstall it.

Titan Quest, Madden '07, Star Wars: Empire at War, and Rome: Total War.

Next Week, I'' be picking up UFO: Extraterrestrials (as soon as I can confirm it's StarForce Free), Star Wars: Forces of Corruption, and Phantasy Star Universe. And of course, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic!!!

anything related to FEAR, anything related to HL2, especially the DMC mod. It's quake deathmatch in HL2, freakin' rules. I'm waitin gon ep 2 for HL2 to come out and the new fear add on as well. i'd like to get into obvlivion, i've heard nothing but good things about it and i need to branch out from the fps's...i've gotten a little bored with them. Prey was cool too.

Bah! Splinter Cell: DA was delayed for another week on the PC. I'd break down and buy the 360 version, but I'd really rather spend $10 less and get the better looking version... ah well. I'll live thanks to the FEAR expansion keeping it's 10/24 release date. Can't fuckin' wait to play it.

Baldur's Gate Shadows of Amn and No One Lives Forever 2

...and I've been thinking about getting back to Oblivion...

Astral Masters and SkyBubbles. It's nice being able to quickly load up a game on the PC [which is always on and more accessible than the PS2] and play for five minutes or fortyfive minutes.

Can the AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+, 2GB of RAM, and the Sapphire Radeon X850XT 256MB run any game out right now at max settings?

[quote name='nyprimus4']Can the AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+, 2GB of RAM, and the Sapphire Radeon X850XT 256MB run any game out right now at max settings?[/quote]

you'll do fine with most games, but you'll need a better vid card to do max settings at higher resolution.

and to answer the question: none at the moment. i've got oblivion installed but i think i'll play it again later. i'm thinking of getting GTR 2. and i need to play FEAR, i loved the demo :)

Been playing HL2, but stopped a couple weeks ago, plan on finishing that. Just got KOTOR II, Darwinia and Warhammer40k: Dawn of War installed and all updated. Hopefully will start playing those soon.

[quote name='thehuskerfan']Frets on Fire.. free version of Guitar Hero for PC..

Soooo addicting! :)[/QUOTE]

I've been dying to get Frets on Fire and Freetar Hero fired up! Time to order that PS2 USB PC adapter...

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

I will probably pick up Civ4 and the expanison soon. Maybe Phantasy Star Universe as soon as that comes out and ... World of Warcraft has my soul. But I'm quitting soon.

Started on Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War - Winter Assault and... damn. This is really good. I almost forgot just how much I liked Dawn of War. Well, it's about time I got to this game anyway since I've had it for over a year now and haven't touched it. Still need to grab Dark Crusade, but with the sheer enjoyability of this, it's not like I'm going to even consider waiting much longer.

[quote name='Chacrana']Started on Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War - Winter Assault and... damn. This is really good. I almost forgot just how much I liked Dawn of War. Well, it's about time I got to this game anyway since I've had it for over a year now and haven't touched it. Still need to grab Dark Crusade, but with the sheer enjoyability of this, it's not like I'm going to even consider waiting much longer.[/quote]

Roufuss swears up and down that Dark Crusade should come up for 17.99 any day now.

I'm pretty much taking a break with PC gaming. Although, right now i'm playing (somewhat):

- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- Lineage II (free server)
- Dungeon Siege II

[quote name='Kayden']Roufuss swears up and down that Dark Crusade should come up for 17.99 any day now.[/QUOTE]

It actually might... I recall that a week or two after Winter Assault came out, it was only $20 rather than $30 (which is why I picked it up last year)... so yeah, maybe it'll be the same deal here.

[quote name='Kayden']Roufuss swears up and down that Dark Crusade should come up for 17.99 any day now.[/QUOTE]

I am suffering just like the rest of you.

By the way, did anyone see that Medieval II got a 90% in PC Gamer? The game looks pretty awesome... gonna have to buy that one right away.

Kayden, it looks like we're wating again... Circuit City put all the new expansions on sale for next week (Empire at War + Age of Empires 3 exp's) EXCEPT for Dawn of War: Dark Crusade :(

[quote name='Roufuss']Kayden, it looks like we're wating again... Circuit City put all the new expansions on sale for next week (Empire at War + Age of Empires 3 exp's) EXCEPT for Dawn of War: Dark Crusade :([/QUOTE]

fuck it. I went out and bought Dark Crusade. If the price gets dropped, I'll just price adjust. I'd much rather just play the game now...

bread's done
Back