What PS1/PS2 games do you want to become PS3 collections?

0_0

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (91%)
Sony seems to have started a trend, releasing older games remastered in HD, with God of War, Sly Cooper, and Ico and Shadow of Colossus (coming out Spring 2011). What games do you want to come to PS3?

Since I'm a die-hard JRPG fan (screw you Bethesda and Bioware!), the obvious answer for me would be Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX, though I wouldn't mind X, XII, and XII-2 with XIII-like graphics. There is no way this is going to happen, seeing that Square Enix won't even do VII despite so many fanboys' pleas..

So, what do you think?

theres a few id like to see redone from the ground up and put in collections re 1 - cv and tenchu. ive got some of the ps2 tenchu games and i cant play them because the camera is horrible compared to how you control the camera now. and ape escape that series would be fun to own in a collection too.

[quote name='elessar123']I'd be happy enough if they made PS2 games compatible without ancient PS3s. Even better if they decreased load times.[/QUOTE]
This is the answer I'd like to see come to pass here. But since so many people are willing to pay for "HD collections" of older games and downloadable versions of older games why would Sony want to derail that gravy train.

However, I'd love to see the Tomba series and the true PS2 GTA games(aka not those 'Stories' ones) get the collection version, even if they're not upgraded to HD.

I too would rather they just make current PS3's BC. But since so many people are willing to pay for "HD collections" of older games and downloadable versions of older games why would Sony want to derail that gravy train.

However, I'd love to see the Tomba series and the true PS2 GTA games(aka not those 'Stories' ones) get the collection version, even if they're not upgraded to HD. But if they were to get the collection treatment I'd like to see the ability to use old game saves from PS1/PS2 memory cards with them.

Saga Frontier, Spyro the Dragon (PS1 versions only), and Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX

If they made all of these collections, I would pick up a PS3

metal gear solid series, or Fatal Frame series, or Silent Hill series, there's other good ones too i can't think of right now

I want Naughty Dog/ Insomniac to make HD collections of their games. I want Spyro, Jak, Ratchet and Crash. Also I want Suikoden II on the PSN. Suikoden 1 is there, why not 2.

id also like to see a combined collection for those kinds of games that were a one shot deal but cool like rez or vid ribbon.

[quote name='Beatofficer']Parasite Eve series[/QUOTE]

that's a good one!

overall, I'm not really interested in updates of old games. Instead of Zone of Enders 3D collection... I'd rather have Z.O.E 3. On second thought I wouldn't mind some remakes of Decent and Loaded. oh yeah and I think that they should remake killzone 1 using the game's current engine.

I don't think we'll see any PS1 titles in HD just from the way it has been so far. If they do it would most likely be "remakes" and they'd then charge us $50 or $60 for it. Still PS2 wise quite a few I'd love to see.

Other: Silent Hill series.
I can see Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, GTA, Metal Gear Solid, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet & Clank, and Jak & Daxter series happening more likely though.

After having Tools of Destruction for months and just finishing it the other day (and starting A Crack in Time), it made me remember why I like the Ratchet and Clank games. Here's hoping that they put 1, Going Commando, and Up Your Arsenal on one disc. Also, if you're listening Insomniac, you could make Deadlocked and the PS2 port of Size Matters pre-order DLC vouchers or something... Just throwing that one out there.

[quote name='bvharris']I voted Suikoden. If they could stick all 5 onto a single blu ray I'd die of happiness.[/QUOTE]

Seconded!

[quote name='bvharris']I voted Suikoden. If they could stick all 5 onto a single blu ray I'd die of happiness.[/QUOTE]

No love for Suikoden Tactics? As an SRPG fan, I liked the elemental square system, kinda like the geo blocks in Disgaea 3.

Knights of the old republic 1 & 2 because this isnt the ps2 it's the ps3!!

Ace Combat 4, 5 &

PS2 games that had that old school alien who would probe people in the bum.

Shin Megami Tensei. A collection with all the digital devil saga games, nocturne etc, or even just release fucking Nocturne on the PSN store. Nocturne is one of my top three RPG games.

bread's done
Back