what r some rare GC/ N64 games?

I have Harvest Moon 64. I remember trying to track it down about 4 years ago. I finally found a copy somewhere (I think it was a Target) for $40. I also had a hard time finding Ogre Battle 64. Those are both great games that I think are kinda rare.

PN03 is not rare, just hard to find.

punqsux is right on this one, the rarest game for GC right now and probably until well past the run is NCAA College Basketball 2K3 because Sega pulled production shortly after it was released, hence very little copies.

There will be a handful of rare titles based on this premise (low numbers) but because demand is nowhere near supply, they don't appear rare right now. Examples, I'd say, are Transworld Surf and Evolution Snowboarding.

Cubivore is one of those games that people will say is rare, just like PN03, but that's more hype than anything. If you look hard enough, you can still find them.

I sold OB64, too boring, but anyways, around here (NC) most of that stuff is pretty common. Except starcraft 64, but thats pretty meh anywho.

The GCN - NCAA College Basketball 2K3 is definately the rarest of all GameCube games...

As for N64 there aren't any that are really 'rare' ...

This is a List me and a few others compiled.

NES:

1990 Nintendo World Championships (if you get one of these, message me)
6-in-1 (two different, one by Caltron, one by Myramid)
Action 52
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Hillsfar
AD & D: Pool of Radiance
Adventure of Lolo
Adventure of Lolo 2
Adventure of Lolo 3
Baby Boomer
Bandit Kings of Ancient China
Bee 52
Bomberman 2
Bonk's Adventure
Bubble Bath Babes
Bubble Bobble
Bubble Bobble 2
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Cheetahmen II
Chubby Cherub
Color a Dinosaur
Contra (though common, it still trades for a small bit)
Contra Force
Crystalis
Destiny of an Emperor
Donkey Kong Jr.
Double Dragon III
Dragon Warrior II
Dragon Warrior III
Dragon Warrior IV
Duck Tales 2
Dusty Diamond's All-Star Softball
Empire Strikes Back
Family Feud
Faria (especially valuable if it has the map)
Final Fantasy
Fire 'n Ice
Flintstones 2: Surprise at Dino Peak
Gemfire
Gilligan's Island
Hot Slots
Jungle Book
King Neptune's Adventure
L'Empereur
Legend of Zelda (gold version)
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (gold version)
Little Ninja Brothers
Little Samson
Mario Is Missing
Maxi 15
Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 5
Mega Man 6
Menace Beach
Mermaids of Atlantis
Miracle Piano
Ninja Gaiden 3
North & South
Pac-Man (only the 2 licensed versions)
Ms. Pac-Man (either version)
Pac-Mania
Peek-a-Boo Poker
Qix
RC Pro-Am 2
Rainbow Islands
River City Ransom
Romance of the Three Kingdoms II
Secret Scout
Snow Brothers
Sqoon
Stack-Up (especially if it has the pieces for ROB the robot)
Stadium Events
Star Wars
Sunday Funday
Super C
Tecmo Super Bowl
Tetris (Tengen version only)
Ultima: Quest of the Avatar
Ultima: Warriors of Destiny
Uncharted Waters
Wizardry II: Knight of Diamonds

SNES:

Breath of Fire
Breath of Fire II
Castlevania: Dracula X
Chrono Trigger
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
Donkey Kong Country Competitor's Cartridge
Earthbound
EVO: Search for Eden
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III (especially if it's complete and has the monster chart with it)
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Final Fight 3
Final Fight Guy
Illusion of Gaia
Lufia and the Fortress of Doom
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
Mega Man 7
Mega Man X2
Mega Man X3
Mega Man Soccer
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
Operation Europe
PTO: Pacific Theater of Operations
PTO II: Pacific Theater of Operations
Romance of the Three Kingdoms II
Romance of the Three Kingdoms III: Dragon of Destiny
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire
Secret of Evermore
Secret of Mana
Secret of the Stars
Soul Blazer
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario All-Stars & Super Mario World
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Noah's Ark (the only unlicensed game known for the SNES)
Tetris & Dr. Mario
The 7th Saga
Ultima: The Black Gate
Ultima: Runes of Virtue II
Uncharted Waters: New Horizons

N64:

Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage
Batman Beyond
Battletanx
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness
Harvest Moon 64
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Mega Man 64
Ogre Battle 64
Paper Mario
San Francisco Rush 2049
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
Starcraft 64
The New Tetris
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Puzzle League
Hydro Thunder

hope that helps.

Starcraft 64 is not rare at all. I found it at Blockburster, and when they have a game, it's pretty common (and crappie).

How are any of these rare....

Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
San Francisco Rush 2049
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
Starcraft 64
The New Tetris
Yoshi's Story

And if it's because you can't find them NOW doesn't mean they aren't rare, just means everyone loves them. It's like saying that the NES is rare because it's hard to find now. It's not rare when they made 100 million of them.

I got my copy of Harvest Moon 64 for free. A friend of a friend lent it to me, and I havn't seen him since. He kinda dissapeared. I don't feel too bad about it, though, since he had 2 copies. :) I didn't even know it was semi-rare until about a year after I got it.

Believe it or not Lost Kingdoms II (sealed) is fairly rare. The BB sale recently was the last I have seen of them anywhere. Now the waiting game begins! The day is mine!

[quote name='David85']Starcraft 64 is not rare at all. I found it at Blockburster, and when they have a game, it's pretty common (and crappie).[/quote]

1. you are an idiot.
2. starcraft 64 is rare

^^

Phantasy Star Episode 1 +2 for Gamecube might be rare. When I was looking for the game on eBay, in stores, online etc, I couldn't find a copy. On eBay, a factory sealed copy was going $80+ while used was $60+.

I eventually managed to find a factory sealed copy in a store, and there are still more factory sealed copies left, but the prices for this item have dropped on eBay

[quote name='BABETOOTH']Is Paper Mario sealed Rare???[/quote]

yes it is. one sold on ebay for $40+......i'm about to list mines any day now.

Also my list is based off finding these games Complete with box, manual, cardboard insert....not for cart only games. Im pretty sure you can find some cart only games of Mario Golf, Majora's Mask, Mario Tennis and a few others. Most of those are common in certain areas of the US and Canada, while others are hard to obtain.

I've only seen Harvest Moon on the N64 a couple of times.

I picked up my copy of Starcraft 64 at Blcokbuster for $10. The game is in great shape and it came with the original box (no manual). I played against my brother a couple of times in two-player mode but other than that the game didn't get much playing time at all (thanks to the superior PC version).

[quote name='Dazz'][quote name='BABETOOTH']Is Paper Mario sealed Rare???[/quote]

yes it is. one sold on ebay for $40+......i'm about to list mines any day now.

Also my list is based off finding these games Complete with box, manual, cardboard insert....not for cart only games. Im pretty sure you can find some cart only games of Mario Golf, Majora's Mask, Mario Tennis and a few others. Most of those are common in certain areas of the US and Canada, while others are hard to obtain.[/quote]

Thanks for the info!!!

The list with a buncha of NES/SNES/N64 games is fairly liberal about the term "rare." And SNES is missing the Starfox Weekend Competition Cart.

Lost Kingdoms II (sealed with memory card) may be rare in the long run. What I said earlier pretty much applies.

the side scolling second goemon game is pretty scarce.. I barely saw it when it came out. Hydro Thunder is rare...but most people who want it bad enough would pick up the superior dreamcast version. reguarding the NES list Bubble Bobble seems to have been owned by most people I know at one time, It's not rare in numbers, it holds it's value in gameplay. Bubble Bobble 2 is far more rare then any US N64 game I know of.

P.N.03 is NOT rare. not yet anyway. its 10 bucks at best buy.

GC games that are [or will be rare]
zelda-ocarina of time [master quest]
zelda-collectors edition [will be rare]
skies of arcadia
cubivore

ogre battle 64 is hard too find and is an amazing game, harves moon is also hard too find and is also an amazing game, hmmmm theirs this game for n64 involving razor scooters that came out right before they stopped making n64 games that one is hard too find also.

Hows about the Indiana Jones games that came out for the N64 that you could only buy off the Lucas Arts website or rent at Blockbuster Video. would you consider that a rare one.

[quote name='ajh2298']Hows about the Indiana Jones games that came out for the N64 that you could only buy off the Lucas Arts website or rent at Blockbuster Video. would you consider that a rare one.[/quote]
I have a copy of that game somewhere around my house. I would guess that its somewhat rare.
What about Beetle Adventure Racing? Is that rare at all?

[quote name='guyver2077']yea starcraft 64 is like one of those games that is impossible to find cheap...i think my gamestop has it but its expensive[/quote]

I found it at my local Hollywood Video for $10, plus it was buy 2, get 1 free. Not bad, but I never picked it up.

Goemon or mystical ninja got both sealed, any one interested pm me. Anything by Atlus or Koei is usually rare, Harvest Moon is not rare, it is just a good game, which sold well. Approxiately 100k were made i'm guessing from my knowledge of ths company. NGC Cubivore will be rare, same as gotcha force, P.N. 03 may be rare one day, but its not a good seller so it expect to be in the market for a while. Rare games for NGC Buffy Vampire Slayer.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='David85']Starcraft 64 is not rare at all. I found it at Blockburster, and when they have a game, it's pretty common (and crappie).[/quote]

1. you are an idiot.
2. starcraft 64 is rare

^^[/quote]

1. Go fuck yourself.
2. Starcraft 64 is not rare, you can't find it doesn't make it rare.
3. Go fuck yourself again, because that's the most action you will ever get.

I was pondering this topic again today, particularly for the GCN. Based on what I've heard/seen, this seems be a list of rare GCN games:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Choas Bleeds
Bust-a-Move 3000
Lost Kingdoms 2
NCAA Basketball 2K3
Both Zelda bonus discs

Some others like PN03, SoA and Cubivore might be harder to find, but I'm fairly certain that they're not rare. Any that I'm missing?

Is there anything I'm missing?

I've seen Beetle Adventure Racing and both Zelda discs around here quite a bit.

And Dazz, while there are some rare games in your list, you seem to have rarity confused with high demand.

Digital Press has yet to list any N64 game higher than 5 on the rarity scale, so while there are some scarce N64 games, none are really believed to be "rare" yet. Here's a list of all the N64 games that got a 5 on DP:

ClayFighter 63 1/3 Sculptor's Cut
Cruis'n Exotica
Donald Duck Goin' Quackers (Disney's)
Duck Dodgers
Earthworm Jim 3D
Elmo's Letter Adventure
Elmo's Number Journey
International Superstar Soccer 2000
International Track & Field 2000
NFL Blitz 2001
NFL Blitz Special Edition
Nuclear Strike 64
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
Razor Freestyle Scooter
Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth
Stunt Racer 64
Worms Armageddon

Here's another note about Clayfighter 63 1/3 Director's Cut - This was an exclusive Blockbuster rental. In fact, Blockbuster requested that stores destroy their copies once their rental life ran out. From what I've heard most of the franchise stores did just that, but the other stores didn't. This could possibly become the rarest N64 game in time.

In fact, there were a lot of rental exclusives. I'm not sure if anything besides Clayfigher 63 1/3 DC was ordered to be destroyed, though.

And although Beast Wars Transmetals and Indiana Jones were rental exclusives, Beast Wars is only ranked 3 and Indiana Jones is ranked 4. I've seen both of these a few times as well.

[quote name='David85'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='David85']Starcraft 64 is not rare at all. I found it at Blockburster, and when they have a game, it's pretty common (and crappie).[/quote]

1. you are an idiot.
2. starcraft 64 is rare

^^[/quote]

1. Go shaq-fu yourself.
2. Starcraft 64 is not rare, you can't find it doesn't make it rare.
3. Go shaq-fu yourself again, because that's the most action you will ever get.[/quote]

youre right, what makes it rare is that few copies were made. i can find it, ive bought and sold it for profit 3 times

bread's done
Back