What resolution do you use?

1280x1024 on the desktop, and up to 1600x1200 for games, where possible.

4:3 CRTs fucking own, son (no, seriously, LCDs are all flat and shit, but me and my awesome color reproduction and uniformity could care less).

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']1280x1024 on the desktop, and up to 1600x1200 for games, where possible.

4:3 CRTs fucking own, son (no, seriously, LCDs are all flat and shit, but me and my awesome color reproduction and uniformity could care less).[/QUOTE]

Old skool CRT, dayum

1280x1024 for everything

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']1280x1024 on the desktop, and up to 1600x1200 for games, where possible.

4:3 CRTs fucking own, son (no, seriously, LCDs are all flat and shit, but me and my awesome color reproduction and uniformity could care less).[/QUOTE]

Same.

Like... no way. 4:3 is way too unnatural looking (I have two eyes not one damn it) and their flickering is annoying. Also since I stopped using them I started noticing the high pitched whining noise all CRTs make (which combined with the flickering gives me head aches). LCDs are just so pleasing on the eyes and ears.

Also 1920x1200 here.

1280x1024 but I'm looking to upgrade, I'd love to get 1900x1200 but those are hard to find at great prices, I'll probably just settle for 1900x1080.

1680x1050

Been using this monitor for probably three years now. I'm definitely in the market for something either 1920x1080 or 1920x1200. I'd love to go 2560x1600, but I'd rather my gaming performance not take a huge hit.

I use 1440x900 because anything higher just seems too small to see well. I don't know how you guys do the higher res.

If I want to run games at a higher resolution will I get that natively by just selecting it in game or do I need to change the computer's resolution before starting the game to get it natively?

Your first resolution has a ratio of 1.25 and your second has 1.33. Does that cause much distortion of the image?

1440 x 900 on my 20" (maybe 22"?) Dell monitor for the computer room PC.

Using a 50" plasma TV for my HTPC monitor. I can't remember what resolution that is using.

[quote name='J7.']Your first resolution has a ratio of 1.25 and your second has 1.33. Does that cause much distortion of the image?[/QUOTE]

Err, I don't think you get how resolution works. Unlike a picture which is static and will always be the same, even if you blow it up, games generate the image on the spot.

1920 x 1200 or in the case of older games, as close as I can get to it. As to the crt users in the beginning of the thread that say that lcd's are shit, can I have some of what you're smoking?

Strange thread; the 1440x900's are people on laptops while the 1680 and above resolutions are on a desktop.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Err, I don't think you get how resolution works. Unlike a picture which is static and will always be the same, even if you blow it up, games generate the image on the spot.[/QUOTE]

Er, I don't think you know how aspect ratio works.

No, J7, it's not a problem, because Windows 7 is magical.

I am still wondering if I want to run games at a higher resolution will I get that natively by just selecting it in game or do I need to change the computer's resolution before starting the game to get it natively?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Er, I don't think you know how aspect ratio works.

No, J7, it's not a problem, because Windows 7 is magical.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I don't think he understood. I'm hesitant to switch from a 1.25 or 1.3 ratio to a 1.6 ratio due to how it would change the image. I dunno just prevents me from using some resolutions.

[quote name='seen']Strange thread; the 1440x900's are people on laptops while the 1680 and above resolutions are on a desktop.[/QUOTE]
I run 1440x900 on my desktop so I don't have to squint and I don't have bad eyesight so I don't know how some of you use the resolutions you do!

[quote name='J7.']Thanks, I don't think he understood. I'm hesitant to switch from a 1.25 or 1.3 ratio to a 1.6 ratio due to how it would change the image. I dunno just prevents me from using some resolutions.[/QUOTE]

Well, of course you wouldn't use a 16:9 resolution on a 4:3 monitor...

I guess I misled you. My desktop resolution is actually 1280x960, but Windows 7 actually scales this to 1280x1024 (while keeping the aspect ration correct, mind you), before sending the video to the monitor, for some reason.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Well, of course you wouldn't use a 16:9 resolution on a 4:3 monitor...

I guess I misled you. My desktop resolution is actually 1280x960, but Windows 7 actually scales this to 1280x1024 (while keeping the aspect ration correct, mind you), before sending the video to the monitor, for some reason.[/QUOTE]
Ya that's what I mean. I think 4:3 is aspect ratio of 1.33 and 1.6 is close to 16:9.

1280X1024 CRT :applause:

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']

4:3 CRTs fucking own, son[/QUOTE]
Thats your son?

bread's done
Back