What the crap is wrong with Yahoo!?

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Ever since they started adding more storage to everyone's accounts and stuff I can't even login to check my email. It is incredibly annoying. :evil:

They're having slight growing pains because of the updates. That's only natural. Unfortunately, it appears that there's been some major DOS attacks in the last week too which have effected their site as well as Google, MS, and others. The two combined have caused an iffy week.

Aside from the My Yahoo page not loading (by passed by going to the yahoo.com page instead) I havent had any problems yet. it was a little slow at first but now it's rolling along with hardly a bump.

When I click on my Yahoo E-mail icon, it tries to load up Compuserve. I've never used Compuserve, although the program is on my PC. I don't know what the hell has happened there.

To be honest, I didn't even know it (Compuserve) was there until this happened. I've got no idea how my Yahoo e-mail could have associated itself with this though.

I've been using Yahoo Mail every day for the past week without any slowdowns, both from home and from work. But my bookmark is directly to their https server (the link to "Secure" mode under the sign in button).

You might know that Yahoo was affected by the Akamai downtime on Tuesday, 6/15/04. Akamai's outage affected a lot of companies, including Yahoo, but for some reason, I was able to login to Yahoo just fine.

And me, I'm sticking with Yahoo Mail, even though I also already have a GMail account. I subscribe to Yahoo Mail Plus for $20/year (current price), and even though I'll never use all of the 2 GB storage, it's the built-in POP3 (no client-side proxies needed), no ads, aggressive anti-spam, zipped eml downloading, and multiple disposable addresses (that can be filtered individually from one account interface) that seal the deal. But for free accounts, who knows, maybe GMail is better, if you plan on going over 100 MB of mail that you really want to keep.

There are also a few things that Google is not addressing to my satisfaction. They've stated that they have no comment when asked about tying GMail accounts to Google searches, and they've also stated that deleted emails will remain stored on their servers. If true, I'd rather stick with Yahoo Mail and use Google for searches, so that one activity won't be tied to the other.

The day that Yahoo first switched to free 100 MB accounts I could not get into my e-mail at all, but after that day Ive had no problems.

bread's done
Back