what to do when the secret service knock on your door

[quote name='CheapyD']
The Secret Service also handle counterfit money investigations.
I agree...the truth is your best and only option.
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. ;)[/quote]

Ha ha ha, I bet Mrs. CheapyD had something to do with that edit.

Alright, in reality this is no laughing matter, in the past year I've gone through absolute hell for a felonious assault case. They offered a plea of 2 years community service, and some anger management classes, but I turned that down, went to random draw and got a new judge. After that it was back and forth to the courts for the next 3 months and then back again 6 months later, but in the end the case was dismissed. I doubt that will help you much, but I just thought I'd share my story.

Ok, as for you, here's what I'd do:

1. Get a lawyer, a good one if possible.
2. Find out what the potential penalties are for this. Also search for similiar cases and see what the most likely penalties are for someone of your age in your situation.
3. Make sure the judge, lawyer, prosecutor knows you had no intention of using the counterfeits. You need them to understand that no one would be dumb enough (except your "friend") to try and use a fake $20 that was in black and white on one side.
4. Take your friend down. He's the one that did the crime. Get your other friends involved too, they can hopefully back up your story about this being a joke. This scenario could lead to your being an accessory, but it'd be your "friend" who would be really screwed, as this would show that he knew the money was fake and was just a gag.
5. This might help you a bit:
http://dreamworks-lime.dreamworks.com/catchthem/jump2.html
6. Avoid this guy at all costs:
tomhanks.jpg

Finally, just be honest about it all. You're probably fucked in one way or another, but how much you suffer depends on a lot of different variables. Being honest and letting the court and everyone else involved know what your initial intentions were, as well as, your "friend's" intentions might keep you out of jail. My guess is you'll probably end up paying a fine and/or doing some community service. Kind of a bitch considering you were just playing a joke, but such is the way of the United States legal system (no offense Mrs. CheapyD).

Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth, Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth.

You do not wan to fuck with the Secret Service, tell the truth, stick to that story, and hope for the best.

Get a lawyer. Tell him the story and let him take it from there. The best offense is a good defense. Don't make the mistake of trying to go this alone. This is a very serious offense that if convicted mandates jail time.

yea. lawyer, truth is all you can tell now, secret service = park in front of your house watch you shower w/ binoculars. :( and others things i shouldnt mention. to bad your not a minor, :p doesntt being 19 rock? but also suck.. irony

Instead of jail time, you could just go down in a huge gunfight with the SS and the Police. Holy fuck, imagine how awesome that would be. Yeah, you'd be dead, but I'll be damned if you wouldn't look totally sweet.

The secret service handles counter fit money. I recommend talking to a lawyer. You should be able to plea down to a small fine. You were not trying to pass fake bills.

[quote name='FlipSide']Why would secret service knock on your door? Arnt they suppose to protect the President(and Ex-presidents) and his family .. this should be the FBI's turf.. Anyway like supernothing said, just tell the truth and stick to it..unless they find a big time money factory in your room you prolly get away with a slap on the wrist.[/quote]
The SS actually started out guarding money convoys. Not until later did they protect the president.

[quote name='Storamin'][quote name='FlipSide']Why would secret service knock on your door? Arnt they suppose to protect the President(and Ex-presidents) and his family .. this should be the FBI's turf.. Anyway like supernothing said, just tell the truth and stick to it..unless they find a big time money factory in your room you prolly get away with a slap on the wrist.[/quote]
The SS actually started out guarding money convoys. Not until later did they protect the president.[/quote]

Government Fun Fact: The Secret Service are technically part of the U.S. Treasury Department!

Didn't any of you ever see The Untouchables? Elliot Ness? Kevin Costner before he got lame?

[quote name='rabbitt']daddiebigbig, if you can find Akron, you can live in my basment :D.[/quote]

Harboring a fugitive? Heh, what, you WANT your o-ring tore up too?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='rabbitt']daddiebigbig, if you can find Akron, you can live in my basment :D.[/quote]

Harboring a fugitive? Heh, what, you WANT your o-ring tore up too?[/quote]

Hell no! I'd leaving as soon as he would move in :lol:

Or you can tell them your a terrorist and conterfit money is just phase one of your plans for global domination

Seriously just tell the truth, never stray from it, and learn from your mistake

hey... i've got REALLY good news for you regarding all this!!!

(what, im off the hook?)

nope, i just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance... :)

but on a serious note, tell one of your friends or family members to get online and let us know your punishment if you cant get on... im anxious to hear.. best of luck!

Since they didnt bust your ass right there and drag you to prision, thats a good sign you just might get probation, and another thing that they were only 1 sided it can be seen as a joke. Like they said just tell the truth and you will probobly get off...I mean 1 sided freaking bills....

Run away or self destruct. Although a bloody firefight to the death would be a cool way to go out.............

anyone else remember the Beavis and Butt-Head episode where they go to Kinko's and make copies of money to make more money?

That is all I can think about right now when I read this thread

I know someone who did almost the exact same thing. They took the computer and gave it back after a few weeks. He didn't get in a ton of trouble but was on probation for a while.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']anyone else remember the Beavis and Butt-Head episode where they go to Kinko's and make copies of money to make more money?

That is all I can think about right now when I read this thread[/quote]

and Beavis Xeroxes nickels

I hope this is a gimmick post because if not, this is even more retarded than all those return scam (or whatever) stories.

I am okay I think. they took my 300 dollar hp6110 scanner.
they fingerprinted me and mugshoted me at the sercet service office. then he wrote down some info and asked for my id i did notice the form he was filling out was a background check form. after fingerprinting. the agent said I hope to never see you again.

WTF does that mean. I need answers but I do not want to call. *um hi this is the one guy who made some 20's as a joke um are your aressting me or what?.*

thanks for the support.

I am not saying I think they took my scanner I said I'm okay I think.

the reason why I am not happy I have not gone to jail is they could still be investgating and charges are pending.

so they could come back to my house in 6 months and take me away when I think everything was going good.

Here is some legal advice for you 20 days ago:

Take the fifth.

If you did not spend those bills yourself, and only made three, it will be IMPOSSIBLE to prove intent.

SHUT THE fuck UP AND THEY CAN NOT TOUCH YOU.

They will tell you they have evidence, they will tell you they can prove intent, BUT THEY CAN'T!

If then sent the secret service to pick you up DO NOT expect to have all of your rights. DO NOT speak with your lawyer in private because the federal government CAN RECORD THE CONVERSATION AND USE IT AGAINST YOU (thank you patriot act for making us safer).

Do not say ANYTHING.

And you better watch what you post here, too.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Here is some legal advice for you 20 days ago:

Take the fifth.

If you did not spend those bills yourself, and only made three, it will be IMPOSSIBLE to prove intent.

SHUT THE shaq-fu UP AND THEY CAN NOT TOUCH YOU.

They will tell you they have evidence, they will tell you they can prove intent, BUT THEY CAN'T!

If then sent the secret service to pick you up DO NOT expect to have all of your rights. DO NOT speak with your lawyer in private because the federal government CAN RECORD THE CONVERSATION AND USE IT AGAINST YOU (thank you patriot act for making us safer).

Do not say ANYTHING.[/quote]

Oh and don't forget TRUST NO ONE................

And don't forget to ask for badges and a warrant.

But remember, they don't have to show either to you.

If they don't have a warrant than you are about to be arrested and held indefinitely as an enemy combatant. You would be surprised at how often that happens.

In that case my best advice to you is run, and hope the bullets don't hit you.

And get different freinds, your current 'freinds' are assholes.

[quote name='daddiebigbig']I am okay I think. they took my 300 dollar hp6110 scanner.
they fingerprinted me and mugshoted me at the sercet service office. then he wrote down some info and asked for my id i did notice the form he was filling out was a background check form. after fingerprinting. the agent said I hope to never see you again.

WTF does that mean. I need answers but I do not want to call. *um hi this is the one guy who made some 20's as a joke um are your aressting me or what?.*

thanks for the support.[/quote]

If they were arresting you they would've done in it. The only benefit to releasing you with intent of a later arrest, would be to see if you have connections or the ability to do it again, which it seems like you don't. If you keep your nose clean and don't do anything stupid again, you should be fine. The only time they'll contact you in the near future is to maybe give back your property they took, if you are very lucky. And Quakzilla advice is pretty lame, pleading the fifth would do nothing at this point (or in the beginning) and only further their suspiscion of you. They seem to have the bills and the ability to link them back to you so pleading the fifth would not help you at all.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']And Quakzilla advice is pretty lame, pleading the fifth would do nothing at this point (or in the beginning) and only further their suspiscion of you. They seem to have the bills and the ability to link them back to you so pleading the fifth would not help you at all.[/quote]

They can't prove intent.

Possesion and creation of counterfiet currency is one crime, but without proving intention to distribute and spend said currency they don't have a case.

As long as he does not talk until he testifies to a jury he is fine.

You know Quackzilla.. you scare me with your advice given based on an extremely poor grasp of the subject at hand. Every time I see you post something like this.. it's just poor advice.

A. They cannot hold him under the laws of the patriot act unless he presents a "clear and present danger" to the national security of the United States or its people. The patriot act does not give the power of the gestapo to the us government.

B. They do have to show badges and/or relavent warrants if so asked. They also cannot arrest you inside your home without a legal arrest warrant. (An old law meant to avoid waking people up in their beds at 2am, i.e. gestapo tactics).

C. Pleading the fifth is only going to make matters worse for him. If you've just made a stupid mistake, making it look like you're hiding something is just going to cause more trouble for you.. not to mention being a dickweed is no way to get leniency.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']anyone else remember the Beavis and Butt-Head episode where they go to Kinko's and make copies of money to make more money?

That is all I can think about right now when I read this thread[/quote]

lmao i love that episode

[quote name='daddiebigbig'] they took my 300 dollar hp6110 scanner.
[/quote]

So does this mean we can expect to see a post in the request a deal forum for a new scanner?

[quote name='RedvsBlue'][quote name='daddiebigbig'] they took my 300 dollar hp6110 scanner.
[/quote]

So does this mean we can expect to see a post in the request a deal forum for a new scanner?[/quote]

LMAO, that would be funny if they came back to his house and said. we need this one as well you might have used it to make one of the 3 bills. and take that one to or ever time he buys a scanner they come and take it.

Im a little surprised his printer printed out money green. It must be an old one. I know that almost all new printers wont print money green, they print a some other color instead. At my old office, we had this top of the line Ricoh color printer, and the sales amn said it wont print money green, its hard wired into the bios.

bread's done
Back