what Tv show do you want to have its own dvd box set ?

I'd like to own The Cosby Show on dvd. Even though it's still aired all the time, it's a classic that'd I like to have.

[quote name='Smell']i can only think of MxC and Viva La Bam[/quote]

IMO Viva La Bam and all Jackass clones are the worst thing to happen to tv. ever.

On topic. Animaniacs. Or the Tick (animated)

Anyone else dissapointed by this years That 70's Show's Season Premier?

Just was not as funny as last season to me.

Good call on MXC - definitely!

The one I want the most will *never* get released (sigh)...

'The Tick'!!!!!
(animated of course, not the live action)

[quote name='DigitalSpace']That 70's Show
The PJs
Newsradio (I hear this one is supposed to be coming out soon)
The Amazing Race[/quote]

I want Newsradio too. It's about damn time!

my secret identity
buck rogers
mxc sounds good but wouldnt buy it since its spikes only #1 show and they will be milking the shit out of it for the next 5 years
japanese transformers series in english(voiceovers)
nightmare on elm street the series
greatest american hero

[quote name='Othergods']The complete Twin Peaks Series[/quote]

Agreed. I was going to buy the DVDs off of Amazon (I'm a lynch fan but I never saw this series) but they only have Season 1 out there and it's damn confusing trying to figure out which version has the pilot episode intact.

And they wonder why people use P2P...

[quote name='Othergods']Anyone else dissapointed by this years That 70's Show's Season Premier?

Just was not as funny as last season to me.[/quote]

Don't know.. after being terribly dissapointed by the last three seasons, I stopped watching. The whole show has just become very meh.

[quote name='camoor'][quote name='DigitalSpace']That 70's Show
The PJs
The Amazing Race[/quote]

I want Newsradio too. It's about damn time![/quote]

Last year there was an announcement that Seasons 1 and 2 of Newradio were going to be released (as one set) early this year. The release date was all set for February 3rd, Amazon was taking preorders, and then a delay was announced.

The reason for the delay was that the creator of the show wasn't initially involved in putting the set together. It was going to be a 3 disc set with pretty much just the episodes and no extra material. When he heard about the set, he got in touch with the people putting the set together and offered up lots of bonus footage he had. So they decided to add all of that and release it as a 4 disc set instead. There hasn't been any substantial news about the set since December of last year, and no new release date has been announced. Assuming progress has been made during this year, I would think something would be heard about the set soon. This set is right at the top of my most-wanted list, so I keep my ears and eyes open for info about it all the time.

Scrubs is another one I'm anxious to see on DVD, but I guess that one is being held up until NBC can sell it into syndication, so that's probably at least a year or two away at best.

[quote name='camoor'][quote name='Othergods']The complete Twin Peaks Series[/quote]

Agreed. I was going to buy the DVDs off of Amazon (I'm a lynch fan but I never saw this series) but they only have Season 1 out there and it's damn confusing trying to figure out which version has the pilot episode intact.

And they wonder why people use P2P...[/quote]

Yeah I still have my VHS copies so at least I can watch it from time to time.

Did you know that you can buy David Lynch's Early Works and Eraserhead off of his website? They are packed nice and have a very nice collectible box with a bit of extra stuff. BTW you do not need to be a member of his site to buy them They are like $49.99 each though. Worth it if you are a big fan as I am.

[quote name='Danimal'][quote name='camoor'][quote name='DigitalSpace']That 70's Show
The PJs
The Amazing Race[/quote]

I want Newsradio too. It's about damn time![/quote]

Last year there was an announcement that Seasons 1 and 2 of Newradio were going to be released (as one set) early this year. The release date was all set for February 3rd, Amazon was taking preorders, and then a delay was announced.

The reason for the delay was that the creator of the show wasn't initially involved in putting the set together. It was going to be a 3 disc set with pretty much just the episodes and no extra material. When he heard about the set, he got in touch with the people putting the set together and offered up lots of bonus footage he had. So they decided to add all of that and release it as a 4 disc set instead. There hasn't been any substantial news about the set since December of last year, and no new release date has been announced. Assuming progress has been made during this year, I would think something would be heard about the set soon. This set is right at the top of my most-wanted list, so I keep my ears and eyes open for info about it all the time.[/quote]

Danimal, Thanks for letting us know about the Newsradio delay. Right now I'm getting my Newsradio fix via some burned CDs with all the episodes on them. It would be nice to upgrade to DVD! :lol:

Happy to help. There's a site called TVshowsondvd.com that is a great source for news about dvd sets. I usually check in on it at least once a day to see if there are any updates or news about shows I'm waiting for.

Viva La Bam is due out October 26th.

I'm wondering when the rest of the Simpsons seasons will be released....it's taking FOREVER.

The Complete Three Stooges shorts. Usually there are DVD's with only a few shorts on them.

Justice League (the new ones).

Batman Beyond

Isis

I can't think of anything else right now.

The old Real Ghostbusters cartoons. I wasn't really old enough when they were on to remember too much, but I still have great memories of them on Cartoon Express.

Also, Fraggle Rock.

I hear scrubs season 1 is coming out on dvd soon.
Also, i am pretty sure the entire twin peaks series has been on dvd for a while.

mtv and state cast members have been in talks for a while about releasing the series on dvd. hopefully mtv will get off their ass and release the state.

[quote name='megawat']I'd like to see The State released. That show was funny![/quote]

that's actually what i was going to say. i remember reading about a possible dvd release over a year ago, but nothing ever came of it.

on a related note, i'd really like to see "viva variety" released. i'd say that there needs to be a "home movies" set, but i believe there is one coming out in a few months.

Mighty Max all the way!!!! i could never get enough of that show as a kid

and the ORIGINAL animated batman series... before they added robin and before they started with that superman and jla crap. i understand you can pick up some random episodes on dvd, but i haven't seen seasons boxed sets yet. imo, the best action cartoon ever.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Daria[/quote]

that was a funny show

i got some more that i thought of

Beavis and butthead (an actual boxset)
Mission Hill

[quote name='Smell'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Daria[/quote]

that was a funny show

i got some more that i thought of

Beavis and butthead (an actual boxset)
Mission Hill[/quote]

Daria was excellent, and while we are on the subject of MTV animated shows, why not Celebrity Deathmatch as well. Let's not forget Cartoon Sushi. I would love to have a Aeon Flux complete series dvd. Maybe they'll release one since the movie is rumored to be starting soon. If they were to do a Beavis and Butthead boxset, then they would definentyl have to include the music videos with it this time. The music videos were sometimes the best part of the show.

bread's done
Back