GTA 1 (ps1)
GTA 1 London (ps1)
GTA 2 (ps1)
GTA 3 (ps2)
GTA 4 (vice city)
GTA 5 (san andreas)

And why is that your favorite?

troy

Vice City is not GTA4 and San Andreas is not GTA5. GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas are a trilogy.

Personal tie for me between GTA2 and San Andreas.

[quote name='Scorch']GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas are a trilogy.[/QUOTE]Didn't know that. What's the connecting link between the 3 stories?

GT1 and GT2 don't have a similar connection?

troy

[quote name='electrictroy']Didn't know that. What's the connecting link between the 3 stories?

troy[/QUOTE]

im also unclear on the connection.........

in either case, vice city is my favorite just because of the sountrack... im really impressed by how much is packed into san andreas, but vc is fun to just pop in and listen to some flock of seaguls and kill cubans, good times

[quote name='electrictroy']Didn't know that. What's the connecting link between the 3 stories?

troy[/QUOTE]

The 3 stories are linked by different characters who appear in more than one of the stories. For example, there are characters from GTA 3 who appear in Vice City, characters from Vice that appear in SA, characters from GTA 3 who appear in SA... etc.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']The 3 stories are linked by different characters who appear in more than one of the stories. For example, there are characters from GTA 3 who appear in Vice City, characters from Vice that appear in SA, characters from GTA 3 who appear in SA... etc.[/QUOTE]

yeah, but they seem more like cameos than they do critical to the storyline

I have to go with 3 because of how much it surprised me.

I hadn't played the others and I wondered what people were talking about . . . so I rented it and then bought it. The whole thing was so freshly immersive. As I finished the first city . . . get on the boat and leave town, I thought the game was over and then there was the downtown part of Liberty city which was even cooler . . .

Sure VC and SA improved on 3 in every way but I could go on and on about how much GTA III deepened my love of games.

Well GTAIII (Liberty City), Vice City, and San Andreas are a trilogy because they were all the original cities in Grand Theft Auto 1.

GTA1 and GTA2 and in between were PC games as well, I personally had lots of fun playing both of those on the computer. So dont rule that out as a system in this case.

vice city is my favorite, i loved the cubans and the columbian cartel, the story was solid, tony montana's mansion towards the end was straight out of scarface, gotta have my personal helecopters, and the soundtrack kicked ass... SA had a lot more stuff, but I just didn't like the overall atmosphere as much

Okay, it isn't hard to make a connection between GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas. The character from 3 is connected to the mob that moves to Vice City. While in Vice City they hook up with Nick Versetti (sp?) who in turn takes the time to run his own mob in Vice City. How San Andreas plays in is a little more complicated but if you played the PS2 version when you are working with Uzi and Carlita in the farmland when you have to run the race your main competition is the character from 3.

But to answer your question it would have to be San Andreas because of the diversity in cultures and the fact that the world is so massive it takes a while to get everywhere instead of being so close in proximity.

GTA3 since I don't own a PS2 and it's the only 3D one I've played. I just couldn't deal with the controls on GTA2 for Dreamcast.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']The 3 stories are linked by different characters who appear in more than one of the stories. For example, there are characters from GTA 3 who appear in Vice City, characters from Vice that appear in SA, characters from GTA 3 who appear in SA... etc.[/QUOTE]
Well, there are some cameos, but that's not what connects the three PS2-era GTA games.

The connection should be obvious to anyone who ever played GTA1 (most GTA fans came in at GTA3, and never played the first two).

The connection between them is that the GTAIII/ViceCity/SanAndreas Trilogy is, in a way, a giant remake/reenvisioning of the original GTA. In the original GTA, there are three cities: Liberty City, Vice City, and San Andreas. Each of these cities was spun off into it's own game on PS2. So, there you go. That's the connection, that relates the three games.

Anyway, my favorite GTAs are GTA2 and Vice City. But I don't really care for the series too much. It's mind-bogglingly overrated.

I loved the past 3 GTAs but id have to say vice city. I just had the most fun with that game, Tommy was an awesome character, the map was great, i absolutely love the soundtrack, missions are great.

GTA 3 was alot of fun too and it was so groundbreaking, i had alot of fun with this too.

San Andreas had alot of great imporvements like swimming, all the aircrafts, bigger map but the story wasnt as good as the previous 2 IMO.

So there all great games but for me its gotta be vice city.

Tie between GTA1 and GTA3.

GTA1 was innovative at the time. There was nothing like it. Then GTA3 made the game so much more deeper. I didn't think a massive game like GTA could be done in 3D. The other ones are okay, but they really didn't take the series a step further like these 2 did. Although I am not a big fan of the series, I really want to see the next gen GTA.

I like all of the new 3d ones. gta3, vice city, and san andreas. I played the originals when the where on playstation I never understood them I was little at the time. I have since played them again and I don't care for the camera but it works extremely well for those games.

I liked Vice City the best because of the 80's feel and because Tommy was so cool. I didn't like San Andreas as much as far as the character and the feeling of the game was concerned, but there's a lot more to do and it makes Vice City look very small in comparison. Close call between the two.

My favorite is GTA3, but the best is SA. The only reason I don't play GTA3 anymore is because I'ts hard to go back to the limited camera controls.

Also, according to the pattern Rockstar has set in their games the next GTA should be in Carcer City. So I would bet on a quadrilogy or whatever you call it.

Speaking of GTA I'm listening to my Vice City soundtrack right now ... I bought the box set when it came out and ripped them to the computer so I don't need to switch CDs :)

[quote name='Scorch']Vice City is not GTA4 and San Andreas is not GTA5. GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas are a trilogy.[/QUOTE]Okay.

Then what? So they're a trilogy. I can still call them GTA 3, 4, and 5...... just as I call the original Star Wars Trilogy - SW 4, 5, and 6.

troy

bread's done
Back