What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

Ramsey Lewis - Greatest Hits (LP)
James Brown - Papa's Got a Brand New Bag Greatest Hits (1st pressing, LP)
Blues Brothers - Briefcase Full of Blues (LP)
A bunch of random 45's: Twisted Sister, Dead or Alive, Elton John, Coheed and Cambria, Magot & the Nuclear So & Sos (horrible) and a few other no namers

Total (not counting the James Brown B'day gift): $18.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Last week I bought a single from the movie The Big Hit (which was one of the first three DVDs I bought back in '01). It's got two tracks "Got's Like Come On Thru" by Buddha Monk featuring ODB and then "Cruise" by Red Rat featuing Goofy. It was factory sealed and 49 cents.

Last full length was this fall, I got the soundtrack to Suburban Commando from the local salvation army for $1.50. It's got the "chop" mark in the corner to show it was never sold at original price. I bought it mostly to get into wrestlecrap.com's "Someone Bought This" and succeeded. I did throw it on my Zune and have listened to it a few times as I don't even think it runs a half hour as two of the eight tracks are skits.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']We Are Scientists - Brain Trust Mastery[/quote]

I don't want to nitpick, but isn't it Brain Thrust Mastery? ;)

[quote name='bmachine']Lily Allen's new CD, It's Not You, It's Me, is $3.99 from Amazon MP3 today.

41BBc-CG1VL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
[/quote]

I didn't care for Lily Allen's first disc but this new one is really strong. Awesome price, too.

[quote name='dmaul1114']The Killers- Day & Age.

Not digging it at all. Listed to it probably 10 times. There's a couple ok songs, but it's just way too poppy.

Sucks as I really liked their first two albums.[/quote]

[quote name='Azumangaman']Liar. Its fantastic.[/quote]

Im going to have to agree with dmaul, ive only ever liked the first album.

Human is the only good track from Day & Age

Burned through my February eMusic downloads:

Emilie Autumn - The 4 O'clock EP
Covenant - In Transit [Live]
Hanzel und Gretyl - Uber Alles
Hanzel und Gretyl - Oktotenfest 2006 [EP]
Seabound - When Black Beats Blue [Rarities]
Various Artists - Lagniappe: A Saddle Creek Benefit for Hurricane Katrina Relief
Various Artists - Saddle Creek 50

I also downloaded the new Thursday/Tim McIlrath single, The Resuscitation of a Dead Man, for free from Amazon.

Bright Eyes - Four Winds (Single)
The Postal Service - We Will Become Silhouettes (Single)
The Spinto Band - Moonwink
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Yanqui U.X.O.

[quote name='bmachine']OhGr - Devils in the Details [vinyl]

Both from Hot Topic, as well![/quote]

You bastard! That isn't showing up online :( I so want a vinyl of that to go with my normal CD.

[quote name='georox']You bastard! That isn't showing up online :( I so want a vinyl of that to go with my normal CD.[/quote]

Picked 'em both up at the Danbury, CT store on Friday. They still had 3-4 more copies of the OhGr disc, if you're anywhere near there.

Nowhere near. I'm in Michigan. No Hot Topic unless I drive out 30 minutes, but I'm hitting one in Toledo, OH before BASHCon on Saturday though. I'll check for it there, and the Repo! OST.

[quote name='bmachine']I didn't care for Lily Allen's first disc but this new one is really strong. Awesome price, too.[/quote]
The weird thing is that the single is probably the worst track on the disc...why would they pick that one as single?

And yeah, the highs of the disc are not quite as high as on the first one, but it's more consistently good than the first disc.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']The weird thing is that the single is probably the worst track on the disc...why would they pick that one as single?

And yeah, the highs of the disc are not quite as high as on the first one, but it's more consistently good than the first disc.[/quote]

What's the single? "The Fear"? I think I've heard that and "Everyone's At It" on XM.

I think there's a pretty distinct stylistic difference between the 2 CD's, as well...there seemed to be a lot of reggae and ska influences on Alright, Still, which are 2 genres that I don't have a lot of patience for; the sound of INM, IY seems much more rooted in pop. The new disc actually reminds me a lot of Kate Nash's Made of Bricks, which I loved.

Admittedly, I haven't listened to Alright, Still in ages. I may have to give it another day in court.

I traded in 2 $5 clearance games and a PS2 game I got for free and got all of this with the credit,

Mogwai - No Education = No Future (fuck The Curfew) EP
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum - In Glorious Times
Melt-Banana - Bambi's Dilemma
Broken Spindles - Fulfilled/Complete
Pure Reason Revolution - The Dark Third
My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything
Built To Spill - Ancient Melodies of the Future

[quote name='xDARKx Knight']The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die

Amazing album! You gotta love The Prodigy :)[/QUOTE]

Shows how little I buy cd's anymore, didnt even know about this album... will have to pick it up

The last cd i bought was Confessions of a Shopaholic OST. The dance songs are fire like pussycat dolls bad girl and adrienne bailon Big Spender. You should check it out.

[quote name='zman73']Shows how little I buy cd's anymore, didnt even know about this album... will have to pick it up[/quote]

Lol, yeh i dont usually buy CD's (;)). The last one i bought was in April last year i think. But its The Prodigy so i had to support them :)

It has only just come out...well TBH its not out till 23rd. But i got mine from play yesterday. Dont know if its out yet in the US...or if it has the same release date of the 23rd.

I'll probably order "Brighten The Corners: Nicene Creedence Edition" from Amazon tonight. I've been listening to Pavement practically nonstop lately.

I might place an order at Thrill Jockey, too.

I buy albums on Itunes but not in store anymore unless its a band I love(i.e. System of a Down, mc chris, Disturbed). The last one was All The Remains-Overcome.

Neko Case - "Middle Cyclone"
...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - "The Century Of Self"
Saul Williams - "The Inevitable Rise And Liberation Of $$$$y Tardust!"
Fleet Foxes - s/t
Animal Collective - "Merriweather Post Pavilion"

Those last two were $7.99 at Best Buy, so I figured "Eh, what the hell" and grabbed 'em. People seem to rave.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Beep Beep - Business Casual[/quote]

I remember seeing Beep Beep many years ago in Fort Worth. The lead singer had a cold at the time, so his "Texas joke" was that he felt like "a cowboy took a shit in [his] mouth."

K'Naan - Troubadour. Great lyricist with an entirely different background from most rappers - Somali born. Nice African influence on the beats too.

[quote name='siderealshift']

I remember seeing Beep Beep many years ago in Fort Worth. The lead singer had a cold at the time, so his "Texas joke" was that he felt like "a cowboy took a shit in [his] mouth."[/quote]
Are they good live? I might see them in April.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Are they good live? I might see them in April.[/quote]

I don't remember hating them... and unfortunately that's about the highest endorsement I can give them, since I don't remember much from their actual performance. I think I may have gotten to the show a little late and missed the beginning of their set -- I was really there to see TV On The Radio and The Faint.

Eh, I'd say give 'em a shot, assuming it's not super expensive and you don't have anything better to do.

I broke down and bought GNR's Chinese Democracy.
Garabage. Had these been released after recording and mixed in the style of other period recordings would I have liked it better? Maybe, but the contemporary styling ruins it.

bread's done
Back