What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

[quote name='bmachine']I've been listening to Muse since Showbiz came out in '99 and I think this is easily their least inspired release.[/QUOTE]
I wonder if it's because they lacked a producer. But the album is growing on me. The first time I listened to it I was like "The Resistance and MK whatever are good but the rest is meh and the trilogy wasn't pulled off that well". Now that I've given it a few more listens I'm enjoying most of it. Still not nearly as good as the past 3 releases.

Picked up 3 albums today

Silverchair- Freak Show
Nas- It Was Written
My Bloody Valentine- Loveless

praise me for my choices!!!

geesten.jpg

arsmilitaria.png

picehroique.png

museinarms.jpg

Just got the new Kittie CD. I have to say it is really short and I regret getting it. It was only 14.00 even after tax but still. They have had better CDs in the past.

[quote name='xeno']My copy of The Bad Dudes Present Chronotorious came in the mail today.[/QUOTE]

I just got this too. It's awesome, hasn't left the CD player in my car since it arrived.

[quote name='bvharris']I just got this too. It's awesome, hasn't left the CD player in my car since it arrived.[/QUOTE]

What is this?

[quote name='bmachine']Brand New - Daisy[/QUOTE]

Same, awesome album.
ALso the CHRONOTORIOUS album is sold out , glad i bought my copy :)

[quote name='xeno']
ALso the CHRONOTORIOUS album is sold out , glad i bought my copy :)[/QUOTE]

No surprise. There was a post about it on either Joystiq or Kotaku when there were only a few hundred copies left. That's when I bought mine, I'm sure it sold out quickly after that.

[quote name='bvharris']No surprise. There was a post about it on either Joystiq or Kotaku when there were only a few hundred copies left. That's when I bought mine, I'm sure it sold out quickly after that.[/QUOTE]
what a bunch of pricks. They aren't even making more copies. Do not want to download this!!!

[quote name='bardockkun']Children of Bodom: Skeletons in the Closet[/QUOTE]

Yuck!

[quote name='bmachine']Brand New - Daisy[/QUOTE]

I saw Brand New play the day this came out. They signed my copy of Deja Entendu and we shook hands and had a conversation. It was pretty rad. Anyway, I feel Daisy is their weakest album out of their last 3. It simply feels unfocused and its missing the energy that their previous albums have. Daisy is a good album, not a great album which is really dissapointing.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']The Fiery Furnaces - Blueberry Boat
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Pixies - Surfer Rosa
The Go! Team - Thunder, Lightning, Strike
Brother Ali-
[/QUOTE] You can't go wrong with Pixies or Wilco. I hear the new Brother Ali is pretty good too.

Today I bought:
Built To Spill - There's Nothing Wrong With Love
The Dillinger Escape Plan - Calculating Infinity
The Police - Zenyatta Mondatta (Vinyl)
Alice In Chains - Black Gives Way To Blue (Vinyl) (3 Days Early)

Angelspit: Hideous and Perfect (seeing them next week with KMFDM, can't wait!)
Jane's Addiction: Nothing's Shocking

Tomorrow morning I should be picking up...

Dethklok: Dethalbum II (deluxe edition)
Alice in Chains: Black Gives Way to Blue
AFI: Crash Love

[quote name='bardockkun']Angelspit: Hideous and Perfect (seeing them next week with KMFDM, can't wait!)
[/QUOTE]

Saw them in Boston over the weekend. I was really disappointed. Keep your expectations low.

[quote name='bmachine']Saw them in Boston over the weekend. I was really disappointed. Keep your expectations low.[/QUOTE]
Ouch. I'm sad to hear that.

How was the Kapt'n?

[quote name='bardockkun']Ouch. I'm sad to hear that.

How was the Kapt'n?[/QUOTE]

Decent. I wasn't blown away by the setlist -- too much from the last 2-3 albums -- but I admired their energy. The last 35-40 minutes of their set was nearly perfect: lots of high energy songs and tons of dancing.

I hope they tour again with Skold and Watts someday because they're skipping so much good material without them. I think it's bullshit to go to a KMFDM show and not hear Juke Joint Jezebel or Stray Bullet.

Angelspit was really disappointing: no live music performance at all, just live vocals, and even those weren't very well done. For a band that puts so much thought and creativity into their music and presentation I felt that their "live" show was really lazy.

I Didn't mind their last 2-3 albums (minus Blitz, Blitz felt underwhelming). So I can definetly deal with that. I take it Light made an appearance somewhere near the last 35-40 minutes (I'm hoping DIY as well)?

What the fuck happened to Watts anyways? He kinda dropped off the face of the earth. Skold I kinda don't see happening, though I really want it to.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Didn't mind their last 2-3 albums (minus Blitz, Blitz felt underwhelming). So I can definetly deal with that. I take it Light made an appearance somewhere near the last 35-40 minutes (I'm hoping DIY as well)?

What the fuck happened to Watts anyways? He kinda dropped off the face of the earth. Skold I kinda don't see happening, though I really want it to.[/QUOTE]

They opened with DIY, closed with Godlike. Did Megalomaniac, WWIII, Down and Out, and Adios in the final batch.

Not sure about Watts. I really liked everything up to Genuine American Monster but his other projects kinds fizzled. I remember hearing that he had a pretty substantial drug/alcohol problem, too.

Seeing them during the Symbols tour (with Sascha, En Esch, Gunter, Ogre, Watts, Skold, Bill Rieflin, and Abby Travis) is just about my favorite KMFDM-related memory ever. It's too bad that a line-up like that will probably never happen again.

Sucks if that's true about Watts.

And I wish I could've seen Symbols line up live. Was kinda hoping something like that would happened considering this is 25th Anniversary tour so it'd be a bad ass way to celebrate. Though next Friday, KMFDM is doing a signing before the show in my state so I got that to look forward to now.

[quote name='bmachine']Decent. I wasn't blown away by the setlist -- too much from the last 2-3 albums -- but I admired their energy. The last 35-40 minutes of their set was nearly perfect: lots of high energy songs and tons of dancing.

I hope they tour again with Skold and Watts someday because they're skipping so much good material without them. I think it's bullshit to go to a KMFDM show and not hear Juke Joint Jezebel or Stray Bullet.

Angelspit was really disappointing: no live music performance at all, just live vocals, and even those weren't very well done. For a band that puts so much thought and creativity into their music and presentation I felt that their "live" show was really lazy
.[/QUOTE]

Very depressing.. especially since I have to go to Harpos to find out if it's true or not... and fuck I hate Harpos.

[quote name='georox']Very depressing.. especially since I have to go to Harpos to find out if it's true or not... and fuck I hate Harpos.[/QUOTE]
Report back. You see it before me and now I feel I gotta lower my standards for them by alot.

[quote name='bardockkun']Report back. You see it before me and now I feel I gotta lower my standards for them by alot.[/QUOTE]

I hate to say it, but even if it was the best concert ever, it's in Harpos so it's automatically losing rank. That place is a hole, the type someone needs to fill with cement and pave over.

bread's done
Back