What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

[quote name='dallow']Also an unheard of version of Rubber Ring that's excellent.[/QUOTE]
Thank you thank you for mentioning this. I needed to hear it and I skimmed right past it in the SoLow thread. I don't think it's better than the released version, but I like the new lyrics.

Undermathic - Return to Childhood
ESA - The Immaculate Manipulation
Opposite Exhale - Nothing Lasts
Imminent - Cask Strength boxset
Port-Royal - Dying in Time

[quote name='pete5883']Thank you thank you for mentioning this. I needed to hear it and I skimmed right past it in the SoLow thread. I don't think it's better than the released version, but I like the new lyrics.[/QUOTE]SoLow. :cool:
Now I know you're a true fan. :applause:

Yeah, it's an interesting take, rougher version.

[syndika:zero] – Blindness
15 Degrees Below Zero - Morphine Dawn
15 Degrees Below Zero - Under a Morphine Sky
Alter Der Ruine - Giants From Far Away
Autoclav1.1 - Visitor Attractions
Autoclav1.1 - You Are My All and More
Cervello Elettronico - Negate the Instigator
Cervello Elettronico - Process Of Elimination
Conure - 49 Minutes (Until Release)
Conure – Stream
Conure - The Generation of Our Grandfathers
Endif – Meta
Hypnoskull / Caustic / Coreline / The PCP Principle - Savage Lands
Manufactura - In the Company of Wolves
Manufactura - Presence: Into the Here and the Now
Manufactura - Psychogenic Fugue + A Damaged Symphony for Depraved Dementia N.2
Nachtmahr – Katharsis
Objekt4 - Shades of Night
Prometheus Burning - Plague Called HuMANity
Various - A Mere Invention of the Idle Mind
Various - Materia Fria

Hydeout Productions - First Collection
cag

[quote name='its phillip'][syndika:zero] – Blindness
15 Degrees Below Zero - Morphine Dawn
15 Degrees Below Zero - Under a Morphine Sky
Alter Der Ruine - Giants From Far Away
Autoclav1.1 - Visitor Attractions
Autoclav1.1 - You Are My All and More
Cervello Elettronico - Negate the Instigator
Cervello Elettronico - Process Of Elimination
Conure - 49 Minutes (Until Release)
Conure – Stream
Conure - The Generation of Our Grandfathers
Endif – Meta
Hypnoskull / Caustic / Coreline / The PCP Principle - Savage Lands
Manufactura - In the Company of Wolves
Manufactura - Presence: Into the Here and the Now
Manufactura - Psychogenic Fugue + A Damaged Symphony for Depraved Dementia N.2
Nachtmahr – Katharsis
Objekt4 - Shades of Night
Prometheus Burning - Plague Called HuMANity
Various - A Mere Invention of the Idle Mind
Various - Materia Fria[/QUOTE]

There's so much good shit here I don't even know where to begin complimenting you.

:D

probably the last i'm gonna buy for awhile, though....i really need to concentrate on paying down my debt instead of increasing it, plus i havent even had a chance to listen to all the albums i've purchased earlier this year :/

unless i find a sale >_>

Singles:
The East Flatbush Project - Tried By 12 (feat. Des)
Luniz - I Got 5 on It (Clean Bay Ballas vocal remix) (feat. Dru Down, Richie Rich, E-40, Shock G & Humpty Hump, Spice 1)
Ray Charles - Little Drummer Boy
Compton's Most Wanted - Streiht Up Menace (From Menace II Society)

Full Albums:
Tha Dogg Pound - Dogg Food
Fugees - The Score
Killarmy - Dirty Weaponry
Breez Evahflowin' - Breez Deez Treez
Kanye West - The College Dropout

A lot of these I had before but they were lost, stolen or scratched.

Just ordered some CD's from Wherehouse.

-The Distillers: Distillers
-Damone: From The Attic
-Machine Head: Blackening
-Unseen: State of Discontent (digipack)
-Behemoth: Demigod

[quote name='bmachine']Puscifer - "C" is for (Please Insert Sophomoric Genitalia Reference Here) EP[/QUOTE]

How is that track that Trent Reznor is credited on? I didn't care much for V is for Vagina, so I didn't bother picking this up.

Just ordered some cheap used albums:

New Order - Waiting for the Siren's Call
New Order - Substance
Depeche Mode - Music for the Masses

Some cheap singles:
The Chemical Brothers - Out Of Control (because Bernard Sumner does vocals)
Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence

And expensive vinyl I probably won't listen to, of albums I already own:
The Smiths - The Smiths (vinyl)
The Smiths - Meat Is Murder (vinyl)

The last "physical" cd I bought was death magnetic so that I could download the Mp3's on midnight of release day. Pretty sad but I LOVE the albulm so it was worth it.

[quote name='tcrash247']How is that track that Trent Reznor is credited on? I didn't care much for V is for Vagina, so I didn't bother picking this up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not a huge Puscifer fan, either. I don't think Maynard's done anything interesting in years but I was really digging the track he did on this EP with Milla Jovovich so I snagged it.

Most of the songs are really sparse and moody; they actually kind of sound like A Perfect Circle tracks. The Reznor track is called "Potions" and it's not really noteworthy -- there's nothing about it that would lead me to think Trent had a hand in writing it.

[quote name='bmachine']Yeah, I'm not a huge Puscifer fan, either. I don't think Maynard's done anything interesting in years but I was really digging the track he did on this EP with Milla Jovovich so I snagged it.

Most of the songs are really sparse and moody; they actually kind of sound like A Perfect Circle tracks. The Reznor track is called "Potions" and it's not really noteworthy -- there's nothing about it that would lead me to think Trent had a hand in writing it.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I do like that track with Milla that I've heard on youtube from their live shows, I think its called The Mission? But its not enough for me to pick up the EP. Supposedly he's scheduling east coast Puscifer tour dates. Even if he hits Philly, I'll probably pass. I've heard rumors that he'll be doing stuff with A Perfect Circle again soon. As long as its better than eMOTIVe, I'll definitely be interested.

My DeepDiscount Order:

ANDREW BIRD: ARMCHAIR APOCRYPHA $ 10.49
SUN KIL MOON: TINY CITIES $ 11.19
FLEET FOXES: FLEET FOXES $ 9.79
AS TALL AS LIONS: AS TALL AS LIONS $ 9.79
AS TALL AS LIONS: YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU $ 10.49
CITY & COLOUR: BRING ME YOUR LOVE $ 9.79
CITY & COLOUR: SOMETIMES $ 9.79
RED HOUSE PAINTERS: RED HOUSE PAINTERS I $ 8.39
RED HOUSE PAINTERS: SONGS FOR A BLUE GUITAR $ 9.79

Matador order came in yesterday:

Preston School of Industry - All This Sounds Gas (2xLP)
Spiral Stairs - The Real Feel (LP) w/ Hey Folk Singa! (7")
Jay Reatard - Watch Me Fall (LP)
Jay Reatard - Matador Singles '08 (LP)
Mogwai - Batcat (12" EP)

The Walker Brothers - Nite Flights*
Nico - Chelsea Girl
Johnny Cash - The Best of the Sun Years

*(yes! yes! I finally have the last album to complete my Scott Walker/Walker Bros collection, this is the rarest album out there and thanks to a misposted Italian auction listing, I snagged it for $3.00, I would have paid over $100 as I've seen it go for in the past, if it was even listed)

Flaw - Through the Eyes
311 - Music
Stormtroopers of Death - Speak English or Die
Black Label Society - Mafia
Dillinger Escape Plan - Ire Works

[quote name='tcrash247']
Stormtroopers of Death - Speak English or Die[/QUOTE]

That album is a fucking riot. I remember my friend had a much older brother who had it back around 1992 and it was sooooooo scandalous. Fast forward to 1998ish and another friend buys an S.O.D. t-shirt that reads on the back, "I'm not racist, I hate everybody". fuckin' kids.

Anyhow,

Alice In Chains - Black Gives Way To Blue (wow it's creepy how close the new singer sounds to Layne Staley)

[quote name='Halo05']That album is a fucking riot. I remember my friend had a much older brother who had it back around 1992 and it was sooooooo scandalous. Fast forward to 1998ish and another friend buys an S.O.D. t-shirt that reads on the back, "I'm not racist, I hate everybody". fuckin' kids.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my cousin had me listen to it one time and its pretty friggin' hilarious. The songs aren't that bad either.

Just came in the mail:
David Bowie - Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps)

[quote name='tcrash247']311 - Music[/QUOTE]
Man, I haven't listened to this in years. I've gotta give it another spin.

My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult: Hit & Run Holiday
My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult: I See Good Spirits and I See Bad Spirits
My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult: Above the Night
My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult: Kooler Than Jesus
Spawn The Album

There's seems to be a few members of the Mozzer Army on CAG so I thought I'd post this here: The 85 Best Morrissey Solo Songs.

There's no commentary to support their rankings but, despite a few of my personal faves not even being listed, I'm surprised by how little I disagree with it. Not putting I Have Forgiven Jesus and There's a Place in Hell for Me and My Friends in the top ten is a massive oversight, though.

I imagine Creid8 and Dallow will have some strongly-felt opinions on this. ;)

The list of make-believe omissions in the comments section is hysterical, as well. These Mints are Only Vaguely Minty had me in stitches.

[quote name='bmachine']There's seems to be a few members of the Mozzer Army on CAG so I thought I'd post this here: The 85 Best Morrissey Solo Songs.

There's no commentary to support their rankings but, despite a few of my personal faves not even being listed, I'm surprised by how little I disagree with it. Not putting I Have Forgiven Jesus and There's a Place in Hell for Me and My Friends in the top ten is a massive oversight, though.

I imagine Creid8 and Dallow will have some strongly-felt opinions on this. ;)

The list of make-believe omissions in the comments section is hysterical, as well. These Mints are Only Vaguely Minty had me in stitches.[/QUOTE]
:nottalking:
Nice to see Jack the Ripper so high, but Sing your Life, and There's a Place... are way too low. Lots of other stuff but way too many songs, I could never make a list.

I do love the fake titles though ;)

I disagree with a lot of the top 25. Hilarious that Will Never Marry ranks both 70th and 30th. Good to see Kill Uncle given the proper respect. I'm really tempted to try my own list. And I hope that those fake titles someday become real titles :lol:

Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning (LP)
Rilo Kiley - The Execution of All Things (LP)
Hercules & Love Affair - Hercules & Love Affair (LP)
Okkervil River - Black Sheep Boy: Definitive Edition (LP)
Sunset Rubdown - Dragonslayer (LP)
John Vanderslice - Romanian Names (LP)
Wilco - Wilco (The Album) (LP)
Mono - One Step Closer and You Die

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']I ordered a couple CDs a few minutes ago

Husker Du- New Day Rising
Orbital- Orbital 2 (Brown Album)[/QUOTE]

Orbital 2 is an awesome album. You have great taste! :cool:

I just picked up these this morning:

Cannibal Corpse: Vile
The Killers: Day & Age
Carcass: Reek of Putrefaction

Both Worlds-Memory Rendered Visible.

I've been looking for it for a long time and I finally found it online for dirt cheap.

Black Sabbath-Never Say Die!
Rollins Band-Nice
Slayer-Decade of Aggression

bread's done
Back