What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

MF Doom: Operation Doomsday.

I finally was able to pick this one up, although it does not have the bonus track on it like the 2001 reprint.

Weezer - Red Album
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
Of Montreal - Skeletal Lamping
Melvins - Houdini
Eagles of Death Metal - Heart On (with vinyl single and ticket to see their instore acoustic show!)
Okkervil River - The Stage Names
Bright Eyes - Fevers & Mirrors
Ratatat - Ratatat
Common - Finding Forever

The last CD I bought was the soundtrack to the first Matrix movie back in 1999 and I really don't expect to pay for music ever again. If I really like a band I might buy a T-shirt, go to a concert, or buy their songs in Rock Band, so it is still possible for musicians to get my money. I see things like codes for a free song download under soft drink caps and stuff and I always wonder who these promo codes are targeting, I mean it's like giving away free air or something.

The Bamboos - Side Stepper (bought the vinyl+cd release)
Rev Shines - Today's Good News Vol. 2
Lizzy Parks - Raise The Roof
Decay - The Unlikely Hero
Tutu Puoane - Song
DJ Drez - Windtalker
DJ Drez - As It Comes
DJ Drez - BlueHipHopJazz

Andrew Jackson Jihad - Only God Can Judge Me EP
Hot Water Music - Till The Wheels Fall Off
V/A - All Aboard: A Tribute To Johnny Cash (Punk covers of Johnny Cash songs including Bouncing Souls, Chuck Ragan, Gaslight Anthem, The Loved Ones)
Peralta - S/T
V/A - No Idea Presents Fest 7 Compilation

Explosions in the Sky - How Strange, Innocence
The Postal Service - Give Up
Portugal. The Man - Waiter: "You Vultures!"
Cat Power - The Greatest
Bright Eyes - Noise Floor
Bright Eyes - A Collection of Songs Written and Recorded 1995 - 1997
Godspeed You! Black Emporor - Lift Yr. Skinny Arms Like Antennas To Heaven

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Genghis Tron - Board Up The House: The Remixes Vol. 2[/quote]

They don't make those on CD, right?

Anyways, the first CD I've bought in awhile: Boston - Boston

[quote name='lolwut?']They don't make those on CD, right?

Anyways, the first CD I've bought in awhile: Boston - Boston[/quote]

Nope, vinyl exclusive remix series.

Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
(On dual 180-gram vinyl! It's fucking gorgeous.)

Murder by Death - Red of Tooth and Claw
(Also on vinyl.)

Oh man, I'm going to be so sick of trip hop when these come in from secondspin.com (I never ordered from them, I hope their used CD's are alright):

Massive Attack ~ 100th Window
Used CD - Price: $3.99

SNEAKER PIMPS ~ BECOMING REMIXED
Used CD - Price: $5.59

Morcheeba ~ Parts of the Process

Tricky ~ Angels With Dirty Faces
Used CD - Price: $2.39

Mandalay ~ Solace
Used CD - Price: $4.79

Beth Gibbons & Rustin Man ~ Out of Season

Lamb ~ Fear of Fours

Thievery Corporation-Radio Retaliation
Tricky-Knowle West Boy

Got these from Amoeba. I just got my secondspin.com order, and I'm impressed with the quality/shipping speed (2 days since I'm in CA). Prices can't be beat either (with that coupon to knock off shipping).

Vermillion Lies - Separated by Birth
The Builders and The Butchers - The Builders and The Butchers

Saw both bands open for Amanda Palmer last night and was really impressed, so I picked up their CDs.

[quote name='HrTbRk_OnE']I believe the last CD I bought was Cex Cells by Blaqk Audio about a year ago, but I could be wrong.[/quote]

Excellent choice. I love that disc.

5165onpfoL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

BEHEMOTH - EZKATON

[quote name='bmachine']Vermillion Lies - Separated by Birth
The Builders and The Butchers - The Builders and The Butchers

Saw both bands open for Amanda Palmer last night and was really impressed, so I picked up their CDs.

[/quote]
How was Amanda Palmer? I'm still deciding whether or not to see her in December.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']How was Amanda Palmer? I'm still deciding whether or not to see her in December.[/quote]

It was a great show. Not quite the on par with the energy level at your typical Dresden Dolls show, but still really solid. She did most of her solo CD, Regina Spektor and Jason Webley covers, and even a couple of Dolls' songs.

She also had a very cool "interpretive performance" group with her called The Danger Ensemble that did skits during some of the songs that really elevated the performance. Add to that a couple of truly impressive opening bands and it was definitely worth the time and money to go.

bread's done
Back