What was the last concert/show you went to?

...some other retarded band, I think they were called Antenna Inn

and the big one:

Third Eye Blind

They were phenomenal!!! They played pretty much everyone of their big hits, plus motorcycle drive by (personal favorite), several other personal favorites, and they pulled out half of the new album at the concert. The new album sounds fantastic for those wondering. The concert was really great. Extremely energetic, and it definitely feels like 3eb is coming back...I thought it was great. They ran through all the perennial favorites, "Jumper" Semi-Charmed Life" "Deep Inside of You" "How's It Going To Be" etc., and still came out and performed 2 encores. The show kicked ass. It also helps that it only cost me $10 to see Third Eye Blind give a crazy performance/show.

[quote name='bmachine']
51WDDXGEN1L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The self-titled Dresden Dolls CD is the best thing they've ever done. Artsy without being pretentious, witty without becoming outright comedy, and the perfect combination of outrage and introspection. It's one of my all time favorite discs, and would definitely suggest starting with it.

The Yes, Virginia.../No, Virginia... discs are good, but take their sound into a much brighter, almost even "poppier" direction.

A is for Accident is a hard-to-find live CD and is really only for completists.

Amanda's solo CD is also very good...if you like Ben Folds' solo stuff, Who Killed Amanda Palmer? is a must-buy. (Folds co-produced it, and appears on a number of tracks.)

If you want to dig a little deeper, I'd recommend the Dresden Dolls' Paradise DVD. Their live show is unforgettable, and seeing it really connects you to the personality of their music. And it's only $10 on Amazon![/QUOTE]

You're the man.

The last shows I saw were in the summer: Mayhem tour with Slipknot, Disturbed, Dragonforce, Mastadon, Five Finger Deathpunch and others.

And couple weeks before that we had edgefest 2008 which had Godsmack, Sevendust, Tantric, Alter bridge, and Evans Blue.

Probably the last good show I'll see this year will be Theory of a Deadman next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smashing Pumpkins last night. Going again tonight. Two different set lists too!:D

Edit: Show #2 was much better than #1. Highlights included Soma, Cherub Rock, Zero, Galapogos and Gossamer.

Should I go see Boris or Vampire Weekend tomorrow night?

Both are playing in NYC and I can score comped tickets to either of them, but I only have time to go to one show.

[quote name='bmachine']Should I go see Boris or Vampire Weekend tomorrow night?

Both are playing in NYC and I can score comped tickets to either of them, but I only have time to go to one show.[/quote]

What the fuck kind of a question is that? BORIS without a fucking doubt.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']What the fuck kind of a question is that? BORIS without a fucking doubt.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

As someone who has seen both, I agree.

Boris, for sure.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']What the fuck kind of a question is that? BORIS without a fucking doubt.[/quote]

Well, I knew YOU would say that! ;)

I don't have immensely strong feelings for either band but I'm definitely leaning towards Boris. I know you and woohoo have pretty impeccable taste in music so I'm inclined to take your word for it.

[quote name='bmachine']Well, I knew YOU would say that! ;)

I don't have immensely strong feelings for either band but I'm definitely leaning towards Boris. I know you and woohoo have pretty impeccable taste in music so I'm inclined to take your word for it.[/QUOTE]

Vampire Weekend was fun, for sure, but Boris' show is more of an experience, as corny as that sounds.

My cousin and I drove six hours to see Cloud Cult in concert a few weeks ago. The music was good, the venue was nice, and there were less than 200 people there. Plus I spent the weekend with my Aunt and Uncle out there, which was a plus. There were a few songs I wish the would have played, but for the most part they played all their best stuff. Also, I was a bit disappointed that the starting bids on the paintings was already out of my price-range. But I don't think I could have realistically expected to walk out of there with a painting for $100 or thereabouts.

Just came back from T.I. The show was average. The only special guest he brought out was Jamie Foxx. I was right up front by the speakers, though, so my ears are still ringing, more than an hour after the concert. :'(

Also, I got a front row ticket to see Lil Wayne in January, and Britney Spears in March, as well.

[quote name='rabbitt']Last night was Suburban Legends/The Aquabats, and then immediately right after was Sebastien Grainger & The Mountains.[/quote]

Details, plz.

Saw Boris, always epic. Clouds were okay...again. Growing were fucking awesome. Made out with Wata and then ran into Blake of Pig Destroyer outside. So tired...

Does "The Jonas Brothers" halftime show during the Seahawks/Cowboys game count?

God it was awful. The crowd was booing by the end of the show. :)

[quote name='Quillion']Does "The Jonas Brothers" halftime show during the Seahawks/Cowboys game count?
[/QUOTE]

no. that negates the last good concert you saw.

[quote name='mang9432']Anybody else going to Don Caballero on monday in brooklyn?[/QUOTE]

No, but I'm going to see Deerhunter in Brooklyn on Monday, cannot wait!

I saw Limbeck last night, it was fantastic. It was an acoustic tour so they had no drummer or bassist, and they had no setlist, they were just taking requests. And to top it all off, they had a Karaoke party after the show! It was amazing.

Saw Jamison Parker/The Academy Is.../Mae at the WOW Hall in Eugene, OR years ago. Nothing much comes my way. :(

Saw Boris/Growing/Clouds on Saturday night.

Boris was fantastic, Growing suffered from a shitty PA and was boring, and Clouds was mediocre, per usual.

[quote name='siderealshift']Details, plz.[/QUOTE]

Sebastien is great. His guitar playing is phenomenal. His band is alright, I suppose, but he more than makes up for anything that they lack. Definitely check em out if they come by.

[quote name='rabbitt']Sebastien is great. His guitar playing is phenomenal. His band is alright, I suppose, but he more than makes up for anything that they lack. Definitely check em out if they come by.[/quote]

That's interesting, because I've only seen him behind a drum kit, where I thought he was pretty "meh". Competent, but nothing spectacular. I always thought his singing outweighed his drumming, though.

I'll have to go see him and his new band next time they're touring in the US. Thanks for the recommendation.

EDIT:

I saw these links in the Saddle Creek newsletter, and I thought they were pretty amusing. Both are interviews with "Serbasterd Graingstein", and the Minnesota Public Radio one has some pretty sweet live performances mixed in. Do recommend.

A Night of Sebastien Grainger, Whiskey, and Dead Birds

Sebastien Grainger performs in The Current studios

Off to the Killers concert tonight in Oakland - never seen them in concert so I'm pretty excited.

Death Cab, Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, and Jack's Mannequin opening.

[quote name='Cagney&Lacey']Off to the Killers concert tonight in Oakland - never seen them in concert so I'm pretty excited.

Death Cab, Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, and Jack's Mannequin opening.[/quote]

Death Cab is opening for The Killers? That's just offensive.

Meh, went to go see Linkin Park at Madison Square Garden like 6 months ago with the ex-gf.

They were really good live at least... Jay-Z also came out for a "surprise" performance which was sick. LP is actually a really good live band, lot's of energy. When Jay-Z came out though it was a wrap. MSG went crazy.

[quote name='cmart05']Meh, went to go see Linkin Park at Madison Square Garden like 6 months ago with the ex-gf.

They were really good live at least... Jay-Z also came out for a "surprise" performance which was sick. LP is actually a really good live band, lot's of energy. When Jay-Z came out though it was a wrap. MSG went crazy.[/QUOTE]

I was there too, bro!
It was pretty chill.

I go to atleast 1 show per month.
My last show was Senses Fail, Dance Gavin Dance, Sky Eats Airplane, and Foxy Shazam.
It was sometime in November at Starland Ballroom in New Jersey.

Foxy Shazam puts on a pretty fun live show, i'd say.

Sky Eats Airplane is puts on a solid show live with tons of energy.

Dance Gavin Dance was the band I REALLY wanted to see. Kurt's voice is MUCH better live than it is on the recordings. It's so much more raw. They didn't play "Robot With the Human Hair Pt. 3" though. That wasn't cool. And Jon Mess isn't doing the screaming anymore. But yeah, Kurt was amazing, even if he "only wants to smoke a bowl and sing his shit." (His words xD)

Senses Fail REALLY needs some work live. Well, no, Buddy needs some work. His voice is TERRIBLE. They had the guitarist backing him up on almost all of his singing, and even took a few parts. He reallly needs to fix up his voice.

[quote name='bmachine']Death Cab is opening for The Killers? That's just offensive.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasn't sure what the lineup was going to be. Death Cab pretty much sounded like an opening act -- it was horrible. I've seen them unplugged and they were amazing - last night was amateurish and hopefully a one-time thing.

The Killers were pretty good, but Franz Ferdinand rocked it.

No posts here in 2 weeks? Are all the bands home for the holidays?

I'm going to try to see Amanda Palmer and A Place to Bury Strangers or Crystal Castles in the city tonight.

If I don't freeze to death in between.

[quote name='bmachine']No posts here in 2 weeks? Are all the bands home for the holidays?

I'm going to try to see Amanda Palmer and A Place to Bury Strangers or Crystal Castles in the city tonight.

If I don't freeze to death in between.[/quote]

yea...and i missed the show cause of the damn snow :bomb:

bread's done
Back