What was the last concert/show you went to?

Wow it's been over a year now but I seen DOWN at Harpos in Detroit. One of the best concerts I have ever seen. Could of seen them last Saturday but I of course was somewhere else. I used to love going to concerts but now all my money goes towards bills or video games. :lol: Although I am seeing the Trans-Siberian Orchestra again this year on the 23rd of December in Grand Rapids at Van Andel.

[quote name='strummerbs']It was a great show, and a great cause as well. Glad I got over to see it, despite having to limp around the stadium.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear it.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Clouds
Coliseum
Torche

fucking amazing.[/QUOTE]

Do you like Clouds? I feel like their live show is so much better than their recorded material.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Glad to hear it.

Do you like Clouds? I feel like their live show is so much better than their recorded material.[/quote]

They were pretty fun, I didn't really know them before the show though. Crowd just wasn't into it though. Probably only 15-20 people watched their set.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']They were pretty fun, I didn't really know them before the show though. Crowd just wasn't into it though. Probably only 15-20 people watched their set.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Well, they're from around here so the Boston crowd was lovin' it. How was Torche? I went into seeing them open for Boris with minimal prior listening and walked away a fan.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Damn. Well, they're from around here so the Boston crowd was lovin' it. How was Torche? I went into seeing them open for Boris with minimal prior listening and walked away a fan.[/quote]

Torche WAS the show. So fucking awesome, though the fog machine played havoc on my cough. They played some Floor songs too, which I had hoped for, and was fucking nice.

louisxiv10212008wn6.jpg

Louis XIV on 10-21-2008 @ Terminal 5 for Hilfiger Sessions taping ;)

[quote name='Liquid 2']The Dirtbombs and TV on the Radio.
Not bad at all. Made me wish I listened to TV because I couldn't get into their songs as much as everyone else since I didn't know them. I was literally 10 feet away from the stage though, which was awesome. :)

Also: fuck 300 pound drunk dumbass cunts who think that jumping into and annoying the fuck out of everyone (extreme form of the one man moshpit/belligerent drunk) makes them hot shit.[/quote]

Glad to hear that it was a good show, despite the one mandatory overenthusiastic drunk jackass. When I realized that it was going to cost me >$30 and about 4 hours of my time to get out to see TVOTR, I decided to stay home and work on fellowship essays instead.

...I know. I'll see myself out.

Most of you will probably never ever see this band/group, but I saw Insane Clown Posse at the Detroit Hallowicked show. OMFG! They will forever be one of the most live groups you could ever see, the energy at these shows are absolutely incredible.

You kinda gotta look at IcP like Tenacious D, they are an act. They aren't real, they don't eat dead bodies!

Black Noise Cannon (40 minute set, 2-3 songs)
Iron Lung (25 minute set, 20+ songs)
Asunder (50 minute set, 2 songs)
Corrupted (65 minute set, 1-3 songs)

That was a hell of a show.

Fun Fun Fun Fest day one today. I saw (in order of excellence, kinda):

Deerhoof
Experimental Dental School
Neil Hamburger
Dan Deacon
...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead
Parts & Labor
The Octopus Project
Killdozer
Atmosphere
The National

:cool:

Dan Deacon really suffered from the outdoor venue. I'd like to see him again. Deerhoof and EDS were fantastic, and Neil Hamburger was hilarious.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']I saw Band of Annuals last night, and I'm thinking about going to Gang Gang Dance tonight.[/QUOTE]

You'd better fucking go see Gang Gang Dance.

Just got back from NIN at the DCU Center in Worcester, Mass.

HOLY SHIT. So glad I can now say I've seen them in concert. Best part had to be when Peter Murphy came out to sing "Reptile."

Epic.

[quote name='Mojimbo']What did they run on the screen during The Hand That Feeds?[/QUOTE]

Ah fuck I don't remember. I think it was mostly just lights and nothing on the screen, though I could be wrong.

Skeleton witch
Wind of plauge
moonspell
dimmu borgir
Danzig

Wind of plauge suuuuucked the other bands were awsome,

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Ah fuck I don't remember. I think it was mostly just lights and nothing on the screen, though I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]I see. I asked cause at ours they had a photograph of Bush morphing into McCain and I figured it'd be obsolete at this point.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I see. I asked cause at ours they had a photograph of Bush morphing into McCain and I figured it'd be obsolete at this point.[/QUOTE]

Ah, right, I remember you sayin' that. Yeah, that definitely was not on there. I think they just had the lights goin' crazy.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Fun Fun Fun Fest day one today. I saw (in order of excellence, kinda):[/quote]

Are you saying that The National were the least excellent band that you saw? If so, that's seriously disappointing.

[quote name='bmachine']Are you saying that The National were the least excellent band that you saw? If so, that's seriously disappointing.[/QUOTE]
I've seen them twice live now at festivals, and I haven't like them either time. Not a fan of their studio stuff either though, so take that how you will.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Fun Fun Fun Fest day one today. I saw (in order of excellence, kinda):

Deerhoof
Experimental Dental School
Neil Hamburger
Dan Deacon
...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead
Parts & Labor
The Octopus Project
Killdozer
Atmosphere
The National

:cool:[/quote]

I don't know if you're a Trail fan or not, but do you know if they played any new material? I wanted to see them when they were here in Dallas a few days ago, but it was impossible for me to get out there.

Last monday I saw:
Witness to the fallen
Snot
10 years
Mudvayne
Everyone was fucking good except 10 years, they sucked.

Last wednesday I saw:
Necrofaith
Devastation
Incite
Bleed the sky
Soulfly
Great fucking show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Murder by Death
Tues, November 11
@ Maxwells, Hoboken, NJ

[quote name='Liquid 2']I've seen them twice live now at festivals, and I haven't like them either time. Not a fan of their studio stuff either though, so take that how you will.[/quote]

Ah, got it. I'm a big fan but have only seen them once (also at a fest) and thought they were really good.

I saw Dear and the Headlights and Steel Train last night, it was fucking incredible. And the Venue almost caught on fire. It was one of the best concerts I've been to in a long time.

[quote name='siderealshift']I don't know if you're a Trail fan or not, but do you know if they played any new material? I wanted to see them when they were here in Dallas a few days ago, but it was impossible for me to get out there.[/QUOTE]

They played a song from their upcoming album, but I got there at the tail end of it. :(

I saw 'The Decemberists' a week ago. It was 2 days after the election so they were riding a post-Obama-win high. The show was amazing.

I'm drawing a blank on the last live show I saw but I know what the next one is going to be.

YouTubeLive, because I'm working for them right now on their IT and backhaul operation. I'll be in San Francisco until after the event a week from today until we've gotten all our gear gathered up. Hopefully, the facility will buy the fiber installation we did between two of the buildings, since it took a certain amount of daring and danger to get it done. It's mil-spec fiber, so it should be good for close to a decade. It would make our lives much easier just to leave it in place.

Mind of Asian
Mindset
Psyched To Die

Really awesome show, Psyched To Die were a bit poppy for my taste, and Mindset were alright; good throwback band. Mind of Asian was fucking insane, unfortunately I didn't get to pick up the split they did with Straight Edge Kegger(been looking for that one), good crowd too! Also, met the guitarist from Magrudergrind at the show.

[quote name='CrimGhost']Mind of Asian
Mindset
Psyched To Die

Really awesome show, Psyched To Die were a bit poppy for my taste, and Mindset were alright; good throwback band. Mind of Asian was fucking insane, unfortunately I didn't get to pick up the split they did with Straight Edge Kegger(been looking for that one), good crowd too! Also, met the guitarist from Magrudergrind at the show.[/quote]

Oh you fucking rat bastard. Mind of Asian isn't coming anywhere near here.

Ghostland Observatory

The opener was an exceedingly lame DJ, but damn, the Ghostland show was sick.
Their third album's material is definitely weak next to their first two's though. There was a definite lull in the middle of the concert when they did newer material. The opening and closing with older material was explosive though.

They had some sick lasers going as well.

Amanda Palmer (from the Dresden Dolls)
w/ Vermillion Lies, The Builders and The Butchers

Weds, Sept. 19 @ Toad's Place, New Haven, CT

[quote name='bmachine']Amanda Palmer (from the Dresden Dolls)
w/ Vermillion Lies, The Builders and The Butchers

Weds, Sept. 19 @ Toad's Place, New Haven, CT[/QUOTE]

I've been meaning to listen to her stuff as well as the Dresden Dolls for a while now. Where do you suggest I start?

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I've been meaning to listen to her stuff as well as the Dresden Dolls for a while now. Where do you suggest I start?[/quote]

51WDDXGEN1L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The self-titled Dresden Dolls CD is the best thing they've ever done. Artsy without being pretentious, witty without becoming outright comedy, and the perfect combination of outrage and introspection. It's one of my all time favorite discs, and would definitely suggest starting with it.

The Yes, Virginia.../No, Virginia... discs are good, but take their sound into a much brighter, almost even "poppier" direction.

A is for Accident is a hard-to-find live CD and is really only for completists.

Amanda's solo CD is also very good...if you like Ben Folds' solo stuff, Who Killed Amanda Palmer? is a must-buy. (Folds co-produced it, and appears on a number of tracks.)

If you want to dig a little deeper, I'd recommend the Dresden Dolls' Paradise DVD. Their live show is unforgettable, and seeing it really connects you to the personality of their music. And it's only $10 on Amazon!

bread's done
Back