What was the last concert/show you went to?

[quote name='Liquid 2']Indeed. :D[/QUOTE]

It makes me feel a lil' better to know I'm seeing them on April 12.

And Lupe and Vampire Weekend the night before.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I just saw the LEGENDARY Roots for the second time. Still amazing.

The Octopus Project opened for them.[/QUOTE]

Don't even talk about the opener - they were SO bad.

[quote name='MadChedar0']Don't even talk about the opener - they were SO bad.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Liquid 2']The Octopus project wasn't bad, but they just couldn't capture the audience like the Roots did. I did enjoy their last "wall of noise" song though, but you could see the pain in the hiphop-heads eyes. :lol:[/QUOTE]

;)

I had to squash any idea that they were actually "good"

BT and his cronies were in the back on the UT Tower balconies laughing so hard when they were on... didn't you see that?

I saw people back there, but I didn't look to long, and didn't recognize them.

Their show wasn't great, but I like their music.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']And Lupe and Vampire Weekend the night before.[/quote]

How was Vampire Weekend? They seem like they'd be a fun band to see live.

Murder by Death
with Kiss Kiss and O'Death (and about 17 mediocre local bands)
April 7 @ Webster Theater, Hartford, CT

[quote name='Tybee']How was Vampire Weekend? They seem like they'd be a fun band to see live.[/quote]

I'm curious, too...they were kind of unimpressive on SNL.

[quote name='bmachine']I'm curious, too...they were kind of unimpressive on SNL.[/quote]

Yeah, we thought so too. Didn't help that one of the songs was my least favorite on the album. But the blogosphere seems to feel they are very good live, so maybe that didn't come through on TV.

I'll be sure to post my thought on Vampire Weekend after I see 'em this Friday.

I know Lupe's good in concert already, since I've seen him twice before.

[quote name='bmachine']Murder by Death

I'm curious, too...they were kind of unimpressive on SNL.[/QUOTE]

Love Murder by Death's music and live shows. Hate the band themselves (they are from my hometown, and are basically complete assholes).

I had to squash any idea that they were actually "good"

BT and his cronies were in the back on the UT Tower balconies laughing so hard when they were on... didn't you see that?

I saw people back there, but I didn't look to long, and didn't recognize them.

Their show wasn't great, but I like their music.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']And Lupe and Vampire Weekend the night before.[/quote]

How was Vampire Weekend? They seem like they'd be a fun band to see live.

Murder by Death

[quote name='Tybee']How was Vampire Weekend? They seem like they'd be a fun band to see live.[/quote]

I'm curious, too...they were kind of unimpressive on SNL.

[quote name='bmachine']I'm curious, too...they were kind of unimpressive on SNL.[/quote]

Yeah, we thought so too. Didn't help that one of the songs was my least favorite on the album. But the blogosphere seems to feel they are very good live, so maybe that didn't come through on TV.

I'll be sure to post my thought on Vampire Weekend after I see 'em this Friday.

I know Lupe's good in concert already, since I've seen him twice before.

[quote name='bmachine']Murder by Death

I'm curious, too...they were kind of unimpressive on SNL.[/QUOTE]

Love Murder by Death's music and live shows. Hate the band themselves (they are from my hometown, and are basically complete assholes).

[quote name='anomynous']I'm not going to Rush anymore, but in September I'm going to a Journey/Heart/Cheap Trick concert[/quote]

Rush was the first big band I ever went to see live. Presto tour. I was a Freshman in HS. They were my favorite band through HS and I went and saw them on their next four or five tours before getting burned out. Still have all the albums (although I stopped buying them around Test For Echo), but don't listen to them much anymore.

I don't think they will ever die. They'll just keep touring into infinity and Heaven and Hell will just be stops on the schedule.

I'm taking my girlfriend to see They Might Be Giants April 19th at The Egg in Albany. It's gonna be her first TMBG show, and my 34th in 12 years :)

Went to see Modern Life Is War on Tuesday on their final tour before they break up. It was a great show, they played with Bad Habit, Deep Sleep, and Ruiner. Picked up a MLIW final tour shirt, two MLIW CDs, and a Ruiner shirt while I was there.

Saw Vampire Weekend and Lupe Fiasco tonight. The sound was kinda shitty at times with way too much bass, but overall it was good. VW were really enjoyable, although the crowd sucked for the most part and talked the whole time. Lupe was aggravating at first 'cause he didn't mix in new stuff with the older, but he redeemed himself.

I'm seeing New Found Glory this Friday. Set Your Goals, Hit The Lights, and I Am The Avalanche are in Pomona at the end of May, and H2O & The International Superheroes Of Hardcore are here in June.

I have the musical tastes of a 16 year old girl.

Saw Toots and the Maytals, The Roots and Ludacris last night.

One of the best performances I've ever seen by The Roots. Black Thought might really be a robot. The setlist was close to this, although not in order:
"Black's Reconstruction," "Long Time," "Mellow My Man," "You Got Me," "The Seed 2.0," "Thought @ Work," "Star," "Hip Hop 101 melody," "Move On Up (cover)," "Love of My Life," and, sounding fucking amazing, "Get Busy."

Luda's set was good, too, and full of almost all his hits and guest verses. Toots was pretty amazing considering his age.

A while back I got to see Shooter Jennings, and it was badass...

It reminded me a lot of some of the Lynyrd Skynyrd live stuff.

Brand New about a month ago.

Absolutely horrible. It was such a bore.

But they had this opener called Dusty Rhodes and the River Band who was quiet interesting. They played the violin, banjo, mandolin, and accordion along with guitars and drums. They made a fan out of me.

British Sea Power with Film School
April 11
The Loft

Not bad. I hadn't been to The Loft before, and it's "alright", at best. Like a crappy Cambridge Room with many, many more disco balls.

BSP was good. Nothing too memorable, but then again, they played a lot of new stuff and I still haven't heard their new record, so I recognized probably less than half of the songs. They do make a better impression live than they do recorded, though.

[quote name='anomynous']I might go to NIN on 8/20[/QUOTE]

I'm going 8/29. I have a feeling this tour is going to be really awesome. Robin Finck is back, so thats reason enough to go. He's so much better than whats his name on guitar during the With Teeth and subsequent tours.

The Last Concert that I went to was Modest Mouse in Milwaukee WI. One of the opening bands was Man Man, which was a great show. The only thing that I really didn't like was the fact that by the time Modest Mouse hit the stage there was a yellow haze from all the freakin' smokers.

Of course the concert before that was lollapalooza which was amazing (Albeit very funny to see 14 year olds using a coke can as a bong).

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Brand New about a month ago.

Absolutely horrible. It was such a bore.[/quote]

That's disappointing. I like their newer stuff, but not enough to ever go see them on their own. They're at Lollapalooza this summer and I was looking forward to checking them out.

[quote name='bmachine']That's disappointing. I like their newer stuff, but not enough to ever go see them on their own. They're at Lollapalooza this summer and I was looking forward to checking them out.[/QUOTE]

They performed at my college. Me and my gf were not happy afterwards. My friends on the other hand liked the show. I didn't enjoy it because they played a lot of acoustic stuff from their 3rd album and they would stand there with very few lights on (don't know if thats their fault or schools). Then they did the encore, where they came out and jammed for 5 minutes. This put me over the edge, they should have played a real song.

So if you liked their new stuff you will probably like the show. I was expecting more older stuff.

heaven shall burn last night! and they kicked ass and im glad that i wore earplugs becuase they were loud! and tonight is the all mighty VOLTAIR!

YFW and Deja Brand New are a lot better live than the new album. Maybe it's just me, but they come off really pretentious now.

[quote name='CHARYODA']The Last Concert that I went to was Modest Mouse in Milwaukee WI. One of the opening bands was Man Man, which was a great show. The only thing that I really didn't like was the fact that by the time Modest Mouse hit the stage there was a yellow haze from all the freakin' smokers.

Of course the concert before that was lollapalooza which was amazing (Albeit very funny to see 14 year olds using a coke can as a bong).[/QUOTE]

Man Man is so amazing live. Every time I've taken a friend of mine to see them they come out a fan.

Last one... at least until saturday when I see Rush for the first time in 10 years (I CANT WAIT!!!!)... was a local radio station festival which included Kittie, 7 Mary 3, Sevendust, Saliva, Puddle of Mudd, and Daughtry (which we left after the first song)

[quote name='zman73']Last one... at least until saturday when I see Rush for the first time in 10 years (I CANT WAIT!!!!)... was a local radio station festival which included Kittie, 7 Mary 3, Sevendust, Saliva, Puddle of Mudd, and Daughtry (which we left after the first song)[/quote]

Wow...did this show happen in 1998?

[quote name='bmachine']Wow...did this show happen in 1998?[/QUOTE]

Last year... in all fairness, most of those artists had released records recently... I enjoyed the concert, for about 35 bucks it was a much better deal than some other concerts Ive been to recently

Iron & Wine last night.

Wow...What a great show. Every time I've seen Sam Beam, he's had a completely different band behind him -- sometimes just him and sister Sara; in collaboration with Calexico with lots of horns, and last night with a very different, very large, but very tight group that reflected his new sound as debuted on "The Shepherd's Dog," with everything from lap steel guitar to steel drums. Interestingly, they mixed it up a bit and started with just him and Sara doing "Trapeze Swinger," "Dead Man's Will," and a couple other quiet ones, then brought out the full band for the rest of the night. So, so good....

Here's a video from Crystal Castles a little while back:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0maLmnAlb-U[/media]

Saul Williams was last night, as was The Death Set.

Saul put out an incredible amount of energy.

bread's done
Back