What was the last concert/show you went to?

El-P, Dizzee Rascal and Busdriver at the Middle East Downstairs on Sunday, May 11.

El-P and Dizzee killed it while Busdriver was just...meh.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']El-P, Dizzee Rascal and Busdriver at the Middle East Downstairs on Sunday, May 11.[/quote]

Was it about 6000 degrees in Middle East when you were there?

It was so goddamn hot in there last night that I thought I was going to die.

I can't wait to move in a couple of weeks so I can finally see some decent shows. In the almost two years I've lived in Fort Wayne, I've seen a grand total of 0 concerts I've wanted to attend. Oddly enough, the first show here that I might have actually been interested in, is the day after I move.

I saw Man Man and Yeasayer at Emos a couple weeks back, and it wasn't too bad. Yeasayer had this cool projector that was tripping everybody out, but they were pretty much all flash. Man Man, however, rocked the fucking house as expected.

[quote name='bmachine']Was it about 6000 degrees in Middle East when you were there?

It was so goddamn hot in there last night that I thought I was going to die.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was pretty bad. All three artists were talking about it, too.

May 13: 3, BTBAM, Opeth and Dream Theater - $45

May 14: Duran Duran - $170 (2 tickets).

Both shows were at the Rosemont Theater, and both were amazing. Billy Corgan came out and played during one song with Duran Duran.

Trace Adkins - He was surprisingly really good. His band was a bit off, but then again, they were missing some people. Took him a bit to warm up, but he definitely got it going. He has some great songs in his bag. His encore was kind of lame, though.

Saw Kanye West's Glow in the Dark Tour yesterday, was awesome.

Seeing DJ Tiësto @ Webster Hall NYC June 27! Excited for this one :D

Radiohead last night in Houston.

2503452444_4fea23746c.jpg

Flickr

Setlist:

01. 15 Step
02. Bodysnatchers
03. Lucky
04. Morning Bell
05. Nude
06. Pyramid Song
07. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
08. The Gloaming
09. The National Anthem
10. Faust Arp
11. Videotape
12. Optimistic
13. Where I End And You Begin
14. Reckoner
15. Everything In Its Right Place
16. All I Need
17. There There

encore 1:
18. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
19. House of Cards
20. Climbing Up The Walls
21. Planet Telex
22. Street Spirit (Fade Out)

encore 2:
23. You And Whose Army?
24. Idioteque

I love how Jonny integrates live, distorted radio into songs like The National Anthem and Climbing up the Walls, he picked up some Spanish station advertising a carniceria for the former. :cool: Not a fan of Faust Arp but it was pretty sweet seeing him and Thom just jam on that one by themselves. Very pleased that they played 7 songs off Kid A/Amnesiac. More of a "The Bends"(song) fan, but Planet Telex sounded amazing live.

I seriously don't see how anything can ever top that. On top of the actual performance the light show was the most extravagant, glorious thing I have ever seen.

Only complaint is through the whole show Thom only made two comments, I wanted a little more banter.

I saw the Glow in the Dark tour headlined by Kanye West featuring Lupe Fiasco and N.E.R.D. in concert last month at McKale Center in Tucson, AZ. That's the basketball arena for the University of Arizona Wildcats and I just so happen to go to that school so I got pretty good center seats. It's a small arena so I guess you could see center stage from any seat in the house anyways.

The concert was AMAZING! Lupe and N.E.R.D. had great energy and got the crowd into it. Then Kanye fucking lit up the house with his show. The entire crowd was in it and he put a lot into it. He had an outer space theme with a gigantic plasma that served as his spaceship computer plus background terrain. It was the best hip hop concert I've ever been to and I've been to a few including seeing Jay-Z and other big names.

This is coming from a HUGE fan though. He's one of my favorite rappers next to Nas, Tupac, Common, and Biggie. They all have such unique styles.

i saw powerman 5000 with a few local bands in seattle last night it was awesome!
@Mojimbo , Holy shazbot , thats from raidohead? now i'm psyched to see them in august.

[quote name='xeno']@Mojimbo , Holy shazbot , thats from raidohead? now i'm psyched to see them in august.[/QUOTE]Yeah, it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen and it hurts my soul knowing I won't get that opportunity again for another 2 to 4 years.

Last night I saw El Perro del Mar, Lykke Li, and Anna Ternheim in the "Swedish Music Taking Over the World Tour," as Ternheim dubbed it. Ternheim, who sounds exactly like Emiliana Torrini to me, was sweetly disarming, and actually hung around in the crowd after her set; my brother, who's a huge fan, got to speak with her for a good half hour. El Perro was similarly good, too, another solid songwriter with a nice voice. But the crowd was obviously there to see Lykke Li, even though El Perro was the headliner. Lykke's music --dance pop-- isn't exactly my style but she definitely has stage presence, and boy does she have it in spades. I can definitely see big things ahead for her!

Went to see The Cure with 65daysofstatic opening on the 17th. 65daysofstatic had a fantastic set. During one of their songs, one of the drumsticks snapped in half. Luckily he flipped it around, after spinning it around his fingers a couple times, and continued playing.

The Cure was also fantastic. Robert Smith had a little throat problem, but it didn't really detract from the show. After the fourth encore, they finally finished it up with Boy's Don't Cry. All in all a great show.

I highly reccomend both, and would definately love to see both in concert again, 65daysofstatic even mre so.

[quote name='Predator21281']Went to see The Cure with 65daysofstatic opening on the 17th. 65daysofstatic had a fantastic set. During one of their songs, one of the drumsticks snapped in half. Luckily he flipped it around, after spinning it around his fingers a couple times, and continued playing.

The Cure was also fantastic. Robert Smith had a little throat problem, but it didn't really detract from the show. After the fourth encore, they finally finished it up with Boy's Don't Cry. All in all a great show.

I highly reccomend both, and would definately love to see both in concert again, 65daysofstatic even mre so.[/QUOTE]

You...lucky...motherfucker.

[quote name='Predator21281']Went to see The Cure with 65daysofstatic opening on the 17th. [/quote]

I have tix for this tour in NYC next month...can't wait! It's been over 5 years since I've seen The Cure and they never disappoint. Haven't heard too much of 65daysofstatic...I'll have to dig into their stuff more before the show rolls around.

Destroyer

Awesome, Dan Bejar always brings it, incredible, a more rock vibe in his live show than on the album, but still incredible, highly recommended

A couple weeks ago saw The Breeders, they were good but a bit straightforward; nothing bad, but not outstanding

saw ladytron aat the commandore ballroom in Vancouver and the mars volta at the PNE forum both in vancouver,bc and both shows kicked ass, and tomorrow its the last day of sasquatch fest

Maryland Deathfest Day 3
Copremesis - 1:05 - 1:35
Infected Malignity - 1:50 - 2:20
Japanische Kampfhörspiele - 2:35 - 3:05
Engorged - 3:20 - 3:55
Gruesome Stuff Relish - 4:10 - 4:45
Hellnation - 5:00 - 5:35
Circle of Dead Children - 5:50 - 6:25
Gadget - 6:40 - 7:20
Dead - 7:35 - 8:15
Impaled - 8:30 - 9:10
Dying Fetus - 9:25 - 10:05
Macabre - 10:20 - 11:00
Blood Duster - 11:15 - 11:55
Nuclear Assault - 12:10 - 1:10

chickenman.jpg

Good festival.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Radiohead last night in Houston.[/quote]From the set list and the picture, Houston was (not surprisingly) almost identical to Dallas.

Here's my assessment of Radiohead in Dallas: Amazing band, amazing performance, horrible venue.

I'm never going to the fucking Superpages.com Center ever again. The Superpages.com Center and Live Nation will never see another Goddamn dime from me.

Also, I hate the fact that Radiohead has become, from this fan's perspective, almost debilitatingly popular. I've never seen so many people in one place. I have no problem being part of the teeming masses, except when the other people decide to ruin the show for me by refusing to shut the hell up the entire time. And they usually decide to do exactly that. In my experiences, most "music fans" are actually fans of getting drunk, yelling, and repeatedly asking a lot of really stupid questions.

Abigail Washburn performing as part of The Sparrow Quartet (with Bela Fleck)
Thurs., May 22 @ Variety Playhouse
Atlanta, Ga.

Great show, even though the turnout was pretty poor. Expected it to sell out and they didn't even half fill the place (and most of those folks showed up late, maybe expecting an opener).

[quote name='Tybee']Abigail Washburn performing as part of The Sparrow Quartet (with Bela Fleck)
Thurs., May 22 @ Variety Playhouse
Atlanta, Ga.

Great show, even though the turnout was pretty poor. Expected it to sell out and they didn't even half fill the place (and most of those folks showed up late, maybe expecting an opener).[/QUOTE]

Bummer on the turnout. She's doing a free show in NY tonight and I'm looking forward to it. I don't really know what to expect but give me some Mirah and throw in some Bela Fleck and I'll be there!

[quote name='darkcecil32']Going to my first ever real concert (not counting local bands) at the end of next month...going to see DJ Tiesto at Webster Hall in NYC![/quote]

Isn't Tiesto just a dude spinning records? Or is it like Moby/Chemical Bros. where they actually perform the music they play?

[quote name='bmachine']Isn't Tiesto just a dude spinning records? Or is it like Moby/Chemical Bros. where they actually perform the music they play?[/quote]

Yea, he spins a 6 hour set at most of his "concerts". He is a DJ who does both his own music and remixes of other artists, but he is predominantly known for the latter. I guess it's not a concert in the traditional sense that music will not be being played "live" and with instruments, but technically I guess it is still considered a concert (according to the 50$ ticket I had to buy, anyways :cool:) for the set-lists he plays.

His current concert is based on an upcoming album he's releasing: In Search of Sunrise 7 Asia.

[quote name='bmachine']She Wants Revenge
w/ The Virgins, Switches, Be Your Own Pet

May 31
Fillmore @ The TLC
Philadelphia, PA

1225_head_music_tour.jpg
[/QUOTE]
How were "Be Your Own Pet"? They seem pretty damn cool from what I've seen and heard of them live, and I'm considering going to the Warped Tour to see them

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']How were "Be Your Own Pet"? They seem pretty damn cool from what I've seen and heard of them live, and I'm considering going to the Warped Tour to see them[/quote]

I thought they were really bad...the low point of the show.

I only have Get Awkward, but I like it and was looking forward to checking them out live. It was a giant fucking trainwreck...almost as if every member of the band was performing different songs simultaneously while the singer barked and twitched.

The crowd wasn't into it, either...after the first song everyone with a wristband started making their way towards the bar.

The BYOP "thing" may work better for a Warped crowd, but they were a bad choice in the opening slot for a She Wants Revenge show.

bread's done
Back