What was the last concert/show you went to?

[quote name='csidegamer']Figured $10 was worth it to see Ozzy before he "retires", the rest of the lineup I either never heard of, or have seen before.

It gets me out of the house for a day with my son, who's 20, and according to my wife, will move out way to soon. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, $10 for Ozzy is worth it.

[quote name='tcrash247']Yeah, $10 for Ozzy is worth it.[/QUOTE]

Easily plus here are four other hidden gems:

Skeletonwitch plays blackened thrash metal and they are awesome!
Saviours are influenced by 70's doom, NWOBHM of Priest and Maiden, 90's Black Metal and 80's west coast punk like Black Flag.
Goatwhore is blackened thrash death metal and a force live.
Kataklysm is an impressive Canadian death metal band.

It's one of those years where the main acts are not attractive if you don't like Crue or Priest but, there are hidden gems.

[quote name='pete5883']Where's the Nikon in NJ?[/QUOTE]

Lol, it's in NY, not NJ, my bad. Jones Beach. It's a very good place for a concert.

nikon_1.jpg

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']I'm positive it was Kannberg. Pitchfork really seems to have it out for him.[/QUOTE]

Eh, regardless of who was responsible, it was still a lame outcome. I'm sure there were tons of people who were hoping to see them on the live stream.

And you'll appreciate this, Chairman: I should soon have my ticket to see Guided By Voices in Chicago later this year. I'm already super excited. This could potentially be better than seeing Pavement.

[quote name='siderealshift']Eh, regardless of who was responsible, it was still a lame outcome. I'm sure there were tons of people who were hoping to see them on the live stream.

And you'll appreciate this, Chairman: I should soon have my ticket to see Guided By Voices in Chicago later this year. I'm already super excited. This could potentially be better than seeing Pavement.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I'm hoping to score some tickets to the Chicago show, too. The Columbus show is already sold out :C

Saw Iron Maiden in Chicago which was great... It was my first time and I was happy to see them before they get too old, but honestly, they have more stage presence than most of the bands I've seen lately... For being in his fifties, Dickinson is crazy...

Also, saw Duane and BrandO, Super 8-Bit Brothers (Yay Tubring!!!), and The Protomen at the Subterranean in Chicago. It was a four hour drive, but totally worth it. I cannot praise The Protomen enough...

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Awesome! I'm hoping to score some tickets to the Chicago show, too. The Columbus show is already sold out :C[/QUOTE]

Last I checked, you can still order tickets for the Chicago show. They moved it from the Vic to the Riviera (...I think that's right) and released a bunch of extra tickets. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but my advice is that you should probably make moves if you want to buy one through the online box office -- I heard that the first batch of tickets sold out in ~120 seconds!

Went to Lollapalooza last night to see X Japan live for the first time in America and that was one hell of a show. before that had to be X Fest 09 which completely sucked and ended up getting canceled because of weather.

Mayhem this past Saturday. Met the guys from 3 Inches of Blood, Shadows Fall and Chaimira. Five Finger Death Punch rocked, I really don't like Lamb of God, Korn was meh, but Rob Zombie fucking ROCKED. By far one of the best performances I have EVER seen.

Yesterday I saw:
Cut Copy / Memory Tapes in Brooklyn
The xx in central park

Thursday - Deerhunter / Real Estate
Saturday - Neon Indian
Sunday - !!!

Lollapalooza 2010
Grant Park, Chicago

- Friday, 8/6
The Walkmen
Raphael Saadiq
The Big Pink
Cymbals Eat Guitars
DEVO
Matt & Kim
Neon Trees
Hot Chip
Chromeo
Lady Gaga

- Saturday, 8/7
Rogue Wave
Blues Traveler
Against Me!
Gogol Bordello
AFI
Social Distortion
Cut Copy
Green Day

- Sunday, 8/8
Switchfoot
The Cribs
Minus the Bear
thenewno2
Perry Farrell/Peter DiStefano
MUTEMATH
MGMT
The National
Arcade Fire

No, not at all. Never saw the appeal of Soundgarden. Most of the 90's grunge stuff never clicked with me. I loves me some Arcade Fire, though...they were incredible. 80,000 people singing "Wake Up" is a moment I'll never forget.

My SO actually opted to see Soundgarden and she said they were underwhelming: there was no "show" there, it was just "a performance". She's a pretty big fan and found their set to be really sterile.

That's sad to hear. The videos I watched were of crappy quality. They sounded good but I couldn't tell what was going on on stage. I've seen shows like that, where the band plays great but has no stage presence. Hopefully they get back in it and have some more fun performing.

Ozzfest yesterday.

Caught the tail end of Black Label Society on the second stage.

and on the main stage:
Devil Driver
Halford
Motley Crue
Ozzy

Suprised at how good Ozzy was. Good band behind him.
Crue was good too, once they got Vince's mic figured out.

Most of you guys have good taste in music, it seems.

I missed out on getting free tickets to Ozzfest for this past weekend by 1 day. But on Sunday, when I left Staples Center after WWE SummerSlam, some guy handed us some free tickets for Matisyahu at Club Nokia in LA Live. That was a really fun show.

Helms Alee
Red Sparrows
BORIS

Helms Alee was quite the nice surprise. Female drummer and bassist, and both shared vocal duty with the male guitarist to make something sounding like Torche or a more fuzzed out Baroness.

Boris was, as usual, fuckING AMAZING OH MY GOD.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Helms Alee
Red Sparrows
BORIS

Helms Alee was quite the nice surprise. Female drummer and bassist, and both shared vocal duty with the male guitarist to make something sounding like Torche or a more fuzzed out Baroness.

Boris was, as usual, fuckING AMAZING OH MY GOD.[/QUOTE]
I really enjoyed Helms Alee when I saw them open for Russian Circles. I wish I could see Red Sparrows and Boris.

------------

I saw Chromeo and Big Boi last Thursday.

Saw Vampire Weekend/Beach House on Thursday, and drove to Colorado on Friday to see Wilco, Devotchka, and Calexico.

I went to the first show to see Beach House and they didn't disappoint. Vampire Weekend was pretty cool too.

This was my first time seeing Wilco, and they blew me away. They're such amazing performers and absolutely everything was perfect. It was definitely one of the best shows I've ever seen.

1. Wilco (The Song)
  2. Ashes Of American Flags
  3. Bull Black Nova
  4. You Are My Face
  5. Remember The Mountain Bed
  6. Company In My Back
  7. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart
  8. One Wing
  9. Handshake Drugs
  10. Hummingbird
  11. Impossible Germany
  12. Via Chicago
  13. Jesus, Etc.
  14. I'll Fight
  15. Box Full of Letters
  16. I'm Always In Love
  17. A Shot In The Arm
  18. You Never Know
  19. Hate It Here
  20. Theologians
  21. I'm The Man Who Loves You

1. Walken
  2. Heavy Metal Drummer
  3. Kingpin
  4. The Late Greats
  5. Hoodoo Voodoo

My friends won tickets to Uproar so we went last week. Saw Hail The Villian and Halestorm (both which I really liked afterwards), Stone Sour, Disturbed, and Avenged Sevenfold. I'm a big A7X fan so seeing them was fuckING AWESOME!!!! And Disturbed played 10,000 Fists, which made me happy.

Saw KISS on Friday. For a bunch of old farts, they can still but on a very entertaining show.

Couple of tunes from their new cd were meh, but to finally see them do most of their classics was awesome.

My first album I ever bought was Rock and Roll Over, followed by Love Gun :)
(Yes, showing my age on that one.)

Did they do the confetti-cannons for "Rock and Roll all Nite"?? I saw Kiss last year and, honestly, they put on a great stadium-type show, the kind you don't get anymore with tons of explosions and stuff. Paul zip-lining out into the crowd to sing a tune, all that. While it wasn't the greatest set list, there were enough classics to get into it. And I agree that their modern tracks are so-so, its one of the reasons I passed on this years tour....they added more songs from Sonic Boom. When I saw them, they were only playing Modern Day Delilah, which..for what its worth....is the best song on that album.

And yeah I'm a child of the 70's so KISS, Cheap Trick, etc.....they tour and I take notice. Course, the last show I saw (Testament, Megadeth, Slayer) was also retro....but significantly more punishing on the neck and shoulder area :p Christ I'm gettin old.....

Got free box seat tickets last weekend to Green Day and AFI. AFI Was only on stage for like 30 minutes (that and really only wanted to see them) and wasn't a fan of Green Day before hand and wasn't one afterwards still.

Saw Weezer (w/ Gaslight Anthem) at the Allentown Fair last week for my birthday. Unfortunately it was a fairly short set, again with Only In Dreams being notably absent from this show, as was the Troublemaker (2008) tour.

[quote name='HeadRusch']Did they do the confetti-cannons for "Rock and Roll all Nite"?? I saw Kiss last year and, honestly, they put on a great stadium-type show, the kind you don't get anymore with tons of explosions and stuff. Paul zip-lining out into the crowd to sing a tune, all that. While it wasn't the greatest set list, there were enough classics to get into it. And I agree that their modern tracks are so-so, its one of the reasons I passed on this years tour....they added more songs from Sonic Boom. When I saw them, they were only playing Modern Day Delilah, which..for what its worth....is the best song on that album.

And yeah I'm a child of the 70's so KISS, Cheap Trick, etc.....they tour and I take notice. Course, the last show I saw (Testament, Megadeth, Slayer) was also retro....but significantly more punishing on the neck and shoulder area :p Christ I'm gettin old.....[/QUOTE]

The blizzard at the end was almost too thick to see through :)

Gene got pulled up above the light rigging on a harness and sang I Love It Lout from there. Paul did the zip line when they did I Was Made for Loving You. I took my son, so it was a good bonding experience.

Our prior show was Ozzfest two weeks ago. While great to see Motley Crue and Ozzy, Kiss just was more entertaining.

My wife says I need to grow up too :)

Went to Uproar yesterday. Only went to see Avenged Sevenfold. They did not disappoint. They were ffuck awesome. My ears hurt for a few hours afterward. Every other band was meh/crap. Especially Distrubed. Everything sounded the same.

Saw She & Him last week and they were really good. They played for almost two hours and did two encores (playing three songs total - they played 2 the first time they came back out).

[quote name='tcrash247']I really wanted to go to that but I was unable to, the live videos of Dragonaut on youtube make it look like an amazing show! I saw they played Ozzy's Over The Mountain at some other show, did they play that in Philly?[/QUOTE]

From "causeofdeath" from the METALSETLISTS.com forum http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14588

Show was fucking incredible. made the mistake of waiting till the end to get merch, and all that was left was a note that said "Everything sold out, smoke weed thank you philly!" hahahah. we definately got a better set than brooklyn, they played atleast 3/4ths of dopesmoker
GRIN.gif

Not in correct order, but basically right, songs played:

Dopesmoker intro (cuts off before drop out of life bit)
Holy Mountain
SONIC TITAN!!
Dragonaut
MORE Dopesmoker
Evil Gypsy/Soloman's Theme
Aquarian
even MORE dopesmoker
Nain's Baptism
Inside the Sun
a little MORE Dopesmoker!
The Druid
From Beyond
A lot more Dopesmoker (proceeds the weedan bit + a little more)

--------

The end part of Dopesmoker
Antarticans Thawed
Cultivator Intro
Improved Merris

show was fucking incredible. im almost positive this was right. might be a little iffy on some parts. but all those dopesmoker parts were definately played. i cant believe i got to see the sleep and floor reunions this summer, not to mention boris. fuck yeah. i really hope they come back around. the set was about an hour and 45 minutes, and totally worth it, they also had some awesome visuals. starlight balroom is a great place for a show. besides that its in the ghetto.

I went to Electric Zoo last weekend. The highlight of day one was the Chemical Brothers, who are my favorite band.

They played soo much stuff from the new album 'Further', which was awesome because I hadn't heard it live before. The the new album is soo beautiful. They actually played 5 of the 8 tracks from the new album. I was in heaven.

The next show I'm going to is Roger Waters performing The Wall at Madison Square Garden on Oct 6.

bread's done
Back