What was the last concert/show you went to?

Wooden Wand
SWANS

Well fuck, they certainly didn't mellow with age. Their set started with the coming of the apocalypse, just fifteen minutes of slowly building feedback before adding in a xylophone and tubular bells, then a bass so loud it shook the entire venue (not an exaggeration for once) and then guitars and vocals. Something like 30 minutes just for the first song, and they continued playing for the next two hours straight. For such a beautiful set it sure was pissed as fuck and aggressive.

SWANS ARE NOT DEAD

What an awesome f'ing weekend! Friday night we saw Flogging Molly, and managed to get right up in the front of the pit. We got to meet a few of the guys after the show, totally awesome.

Saturday we saw Daniel Tosh and well, I regret the money I spent on those tickets. He was funny, for the most part, but it was nothing like his old pre-tosh.0 standup. And twice he threatened to walk off stage because of hecklers. He was such a fucking diva and really projected that he didn't even want to be there.

Last night topped it off. Dropkick Murphys at House of Blues Cleveland. That was one of the BEST shows I have EVER been to. Even just the atmosphere of the HOB was unbelievable. It's a shame it's almost 3 hours away or I'd go more often.

Drove to Colorado for part of Snowball Festival on Sunday. Fun stuff.

I saw...

Brother Ali
Afroman (lol)
Miami Horror
Portugal. The Man
The Flaming Lips

Edit: Also, I saw Devotchka last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMD
@ Terminal 5, NYC
Tues, March 8, 2011

254727177.jpg

Last week I saw Volbeat with The Damned Things on Wednesday night. Thursday I saw Glassjaw with Vision of Disorder. Saturday I rounded it out with Rod Stewart and Stevie Nicks at Madison Square Garden.

I love working in the concert industry.

I just passed up Eddie Vedder tickets this morning. I was going to order them but I really can't get into his solo stuff - I mean it's good and all but not something I need to go see live.

Howl
Red Fang
Kylesa
Crowbar
Saint Vitus
and some of Helmet

Traffic was ball-garglingly bad so we ended up missing Atlas Moth. We left during Helmets set because none of us gave a fuck about them and we had work today. Rest of the bands were awesome though, especially the almighty St. Vitus.

The Damned Things, Volbeat and some other band that I've never heard of last Sunday at the H.O.B. here in Chicago. Volbeat was amazing!

Going to see Black Joe Smith and the Honeybears tonight at the Double Door.

[quote name='cgarb84']I just got tickets for Rammstein in Chicago May 10, their first U.S. tour in 10 years. Most excited I've ever been for a concert.[/QUOTE]

Still considering getting tickets. There are a few good shows this spring summer. Keep of Kalessin will be at Reggie's, too, but the rest of the line-up is not very good.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Howl
Red Fang
Kylesa
Crowbar
Saint Vitus
and some of Helmet

Traffic was ball-garglingly bad so we ended up missing Atlas Moth. We left during Helmets set because none of us gave a fuck about them and we had work today. Rest of the bands were awesome though, especially the almighty St. Vitus.[/QUOTE]

So, pissed I missed this when it was in Cleveland last Saturday night.

about ten minutes away from purchasing $175 VIP tickets to A Perfect Circle....comes with watching the whole pre show sound check and some limited bullshit something items? I feel insane. Waited 8 years to see them live, missed out every other time...so much money..... *dumbass*

Our tickets for Lewis Black next weekend just showed up. Pit Center, Row B, seats 105-106. Basically, one row back from the stage. This should be a fun time.

Two weeks after that is Social D. We just saw them last October, but they're one band I could see over and over.

Later this year is Mayhem, which has a line-up that is kind of meh compared to last year. Tickets were $10 each, so we figured why not?

I recently bought tickets for 311/Sublime With Rome and Soundgarden, both in July and at the same venue in Philly. A Perfect Circle is also coming in July (to the same place oddly enough) but with the price tags on both of those shows, I don't think I'll be able to go to all 3.

Last Friday saw Angelspit in a club the size of a postage stamp in Cambridge MA. The venue holds 110. The promoter sold over 300 tickets, so quite a few people couldn't get in. I hope they got their money back. The band was great, but the sound guy took almost 3 full songs to get the levels right.

[quote name='xilly']I saw Celldweller a few weeks ago. Shit was awesome.[/QUOTE]

NICEEE!, glad to hear. Was it also at a small venue?.

Hes going to be in Hollywood in june/july. Cant wait!

[quote name='flowery']My Morning Jacket with Ben Sollee
April 17, Memorial Coliseum, Lexington KY[/QUOTE]

I'm looking forward to seeing them twice this summer. Once at Wakarusa festival and once at Redrocks!

[quote name='pinebarrens']I'm looking forward to seeing them twice this summer. Once at Wakarusa festival and once at Redrocks![/QUOTE]

Nice, you will be in for a treat.

I was absolutely blown away. The two new songs are pretty good. I had the biggest grin on my face the whole time especially when they played the end of "Run Thru" I nearly lost my mind.

Is anyone going to a Coheed and Cambria SSTB show? I can't make it to a show because of work and I'm looking for someone to pick up the vinyl that is only available on the tour.

I just went to the live show of Jay and Silent Bob Get Old at the Jon Lovitz Comedy Club last Friday (4/22). Kind of a disappointment. I mean, having listened to the podcast since it began, I knew what it was going to be. I just expected more from a live show.

Tickets were $20, plus a 2 drink minimum at the club. The show was supposed to start at 10:00P.M. but the doors didn't open until around 10:15, and they came on at 10:25ish. The club's layout is shit. Luckily, I felt like I had one of the best seats in the house.

The biggest disappointment to me was the total lack of showmanship, and audience interaction on the part of Kevin and Jason. They come out, they sit down, they almost never look at the audience, they talk... well, Jason does 90% of the talking, Kevin just sets up question/stories, and they played a "game" for about 5 minutes at the end and gave out 1 t-shirt and 1 video game. They whole show was about an hour and thirty minutes for $45 after ticket fee & required drink purchases.

Although, these photos I took might make it seem like it was a lively show, these were literally the only few times when anything exciting happened that they left their seated position or did anything visually stimulating. I know it's a live recording of a podcast, but when you're charging $20 for an hour & half show you should add some damn audience interaction and presentation to that shit.

a6aef809.jpg

dba47189.jpg

6ae32984.jpg

5a62fe44.jpg

It has been awhile since I've been to a show. The last big one I went to was Ozzfest in like 2005/06 but I got a chance to see Jack's Mannequin a year or two ago. That guy is awesome live!

Over the weekend I saw...

Abney Park
Frenchy and the Punk
The Men Who Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing

Awesome shows by all three. Abney Park is amazing live.

Saw Nick13 of Tiger Army tonight. First country show and holy shit he was great. He was really feeling the crowd and you could tell he was happy to be there so it helped make the whole show fun.

Last October, saw Drowning Pool/Five Finger Death Punch/Godsmack. Drowning Pool sucked, but the rest of the show was awesome!

I fucking missed Barn Burner last weekend in Sacramento, which I am kicking myself for, but it looks like in August I'll be getting to see Will Haven. I'm pretty excited about that.

Changing it up a bit - I was going through a large bin of T-shirts I had packed away about 10-11 years ago, and found the shirt from the FIRST concert I ever went to (1992).

2dkbbbp.jpg

GNR/Metallica 1992. As some people know, that tour was a disaster by the time of the riot in Montreal where they cancelled all the remaining shows (and there weren't a ton of cities to begin with), so I feel pretty lucky to have seen it.

[quote name='bardockkun']Saw Nick13 of Tiger Army tonight. First country show and holy shit he was great. He was really feeling the crowd and you could tell he was happy to be there so it helped make the whole show fun.[/QUOTE]

I loves me some Tiger Army but I haven't picked up his solo CD yet. Need to grab that soon. Sounds like a great show.

[quote name='tcrash247']Wow Kane, that must have been an amazing show![/QUOTE]

It was both fantastic and a mess. They only played big stadiums so the audio wasn't exactly awesome sounding, and the break between acts had to be something like 90-120 minutes because the stage had to be completely reconfigured once Metallica was done.

...but it was motherfucking Guns N Roses (on their last tour as the "real" GNR) and Metallica in their prime. Faith No More opening wasn't anything to sneeze at either.

[quote name='bmachine']I loves me some Tiger Army but I haven't picked up his solo CD yet. Need to grab that soon. Sounds like a great show.[/QUOTE]
It definetly was. He played two Tiger Army tracks that night (Cupid's Victim and I forgot the other one) and after his first song someone yelled for F.T.W. to which Nick13 responded "No, there will be no fucking of the world tonight."

bread's done
Back