What was the last concert/show you went to?

in May i saw Christina Perri shes awesome then in June i saw the Anti Social Comedy Tour (Nick dipaolo, artie lange, jim norton, dave attell) really funny show

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Don't know. As far as I knew they had broken up when Stza formed Star Fucking Hipsters a few years back so this performance was kind of a surprise. The only album they had for sale was a recent Star Fucking Hipsters/Jesus Fucking Christ split.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking as well....Hmmmm? Bands Wiki mentions something about Stza doing a LoC album this year after a Star fucking Hipsters recording. The official site has a PA date and two NY dates then their off to Europe. Nothing else though.....

I'm at the Rock For People festival. Day 1 I saw Enter Sikari, August Burns Red, Example, The Subways, Franz Ferdinand, The Prodigy. Franz Ferdinand was my favorite that day. Day 2... Rain, thunderstorms, hurricane-like wind. Caught 2 bands, Flogging Molly, The Kooks. Orbital and Faith No More were rained out. Skrillex I couldn't care less. So sad Orbital could not play. My favorite electronic group of all time. Today I get to see my current favorite band. Crystal Castles. I'm so hyped up I can barely wait. Wish me luck guys. The weather is going to be bad a few hours before they get on stage. I'll report if Alice Glass punches me in the face :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wounded Giant
Bell Witch
Theories
Nux Vomica

Awesome show. Feel like shit after doing a 12 hour work day yesterday and needing to do one today, but worth it.

Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper
Last night in Chicago.

Excellent Show despite the 102 degree heat.

Cooper still sounds great, and Iron Maiden delivered yet again.

Crystal Castles was awesome. After a 2 hour delay they went on and played a wild show. I was a few feet away from Alice at one point when she went into the crowd. CC played a new song right off the bat. Little hectic being right in the front but I had to be in the front row.

Went to Mayhem Fest since my friend had an extra ticket. Anthrax is always goddamn great and say all the shit you want about Slipknot, but they know how to put on a show each and everytime.

[quote name='bardockkun']Went to Mayhem Fest since my friend had an extra ticket. Anthrax is always goddamn great and say all the shit you want about Slipknot, but they know how to put on a show each and everytime.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to that next month. I'm really excited because for some reason I have not yet seen Anthrax, Slayer or Motorhead.

Ditto on Mayhem, July 25th for me. I've actually seen Anthrax, Motorhead and Slayer before and just Slipknot will be new for me. Reviews have been really positive for all 'main' bands and I can vouch for the three I've seen being REALLY fun live.

On the fence about seeing Offspring next week.. they were (one of) my fav bands in the 90s and I remember being disappointed seeing them in a 8000 seat arena in 2003.. but then again they were sandwiched between Adema, Ill Nino and Korn, so I'm not sure.. this time they'll be at House of Blues (1200 person capacity club type venue)

I saw The Offspring last year with 311 and they were pretty boring. I too loved them in the 90's, when I saw them on their Conspiracy of One album tour they were fantastic. They're just getting a bit old now, plus their new stuff is pure shit, imo.

[quote name='QiG']Ditto on Mayhem, July 25th for me. I've actually seen Anthrax, Motorhead and Slayer before and just Slipknot will be new for me. Reviews have been really positive for all 'main' bands and I can vouch for the three I've seen being REALLY fun live.

On the fence about seeing Offspring next week.. they were (one of) my fav bands in the 90s and I remember being disappointed seeing them in a 8000 seat arena in 2003.. but then again they were sandwiched between Adema, Ill Nino and Korn, so I'm not sure.. this time they'll be at House of Blues (1200 person capacity club type venue)[/QUOTE]
Anthrax didn't get main stage, instead they closed the Jagermeister stage, but only got like a 30 minute set. They were still good, but it seems kinda bullshit they got such a short set, while a band like Devil Wears Prada gets main stage.

[quote name='bardockkun']Anthrax didn't get main stage, instead they closed the Jagermeister stage, but only got like a 30 minute set. They were still good, but it seems kinda bullshit they got such a short set, while a band like Devil Wears Prada gets main stage.[/QUOTE]

I actually read that they wanted to headline the second stage, not sure why though. It does suck though that they only get 30 minutes. I thought closers of the second stage at most festivals get like an hour. Pretty sure the last Ozzfest I went to the closer got an hour.

It's too bad about the Anthrax slot. I saw that too that they requested to close the second stage. I saw them at Big 4 last year and they had enough time for 10 songs (about 40 minutes) and that's about right when they hit their stride and had the crowd in a frenzy and they were done. Totally disappointing because it looks like they've been doing 8 songs on Mayhem.

To be fair, they've been touring relentlessly lately and maybe they wanted to wind it down with shorter festival sets. I saw their headlining show and it was one of the most fun concerts I've been to in the past year (of about 20). I think the mayhem organizers wanted to make sure the youngins stick around by having that rotating opener slot. I check in on the mayhem FB and message board and I see kids saying fuck anthrax and the older bands all the time.

No one should ever shit talk Anthrax! Without a doubt they have some of the best crowd work of any band everytime I've seen them. At Mayhem during Indians, right after the "WAR DANCE!" part they literally stopped the whole song just so Scott Ian can say we're having way too much fun and they restarted the War Dance again. Just awesome and they always look like they're happy to be performing live.

How they don't get over other more recent bands like Asking Alexandria, who feel like they're phoning it in, is just beyond me.

Was at Brutal Assault 2012 last week in the Czech Republic. Perhaps the best metal festival in central Europe.
Bands I saw:
The Black Dahlia Murder
Corrosion of Conformity (very good. Guitarist looked like The Dude)
Krisiun (if I can't get Sepultura then I'll take...)
Ministry (lead singer spews some dumb political commentary. Maybe he just obsesses with being rebellious)
Dimmu Borgir (yep. This band is not for me. Nice stage setup)
Inquisition (Phenomenal black metal. Was a little scared the crowd was going to freak cause the small area for this gig was packed)
Amon Amarth (Yes)
Machine Head (really impressed. They were superb)
Converge (meh)
Immolation (good)
Six Feet Under (singer probably has poop on his hair. Interesting squeaking)
At The Gates (yeah they're good)
Immortal (Wonderful. guitarist/singer is oddly funny when talking to the audience. Like semi not taking his stage presence seriously. I don't know. I loved this gig)
Godflesh ( the reason I came. They went through their songs not acknowledging the crowd and then ended the gig with stating their band name. Simple and excellent)

Last concert I attended was Coldplay. I got to about 1 concert every month or every other month. My next concert is this Sunday- Linkin Park and Incubus!

I see a bunch of concerts still.

Tonight: Deftones and System of a Down! (SOAD is my favorite band; I saw them in 2011 in Vegas and it was awesome)

Got Incubus and Linkin Park in Chicago next week.

Foo Fighters last night. Liked it more than when I saw them touring the last album. Dave really knows how to get the crowd going. Stage set up was toned down from last time.

Went to a local pub with amazing micro brews and the peculiar pretzlemen were there. It was just the two main guys instead of the whole troop and quite frankly it was better with just them.

sucks band demand so much cash and arenas are no better...

I remember back in the late 80s early 90s we had a Major concert come though fort wayne once a month if not more...

ALSO IT SUCKS NOW YOU CANT STAND ON THE FLOOR ANYMORE its all PREPAID SEATS

remember in
May cinderella (first conert went to )
June Metallica with some opening bands i cant remember
July Ozzy with while lion and vixen (dont ask why ozzy picked those 2 opening bands)
AUG Kiss
Nov Poison
dec cant remember who

its probally been 5+ years since a concert came though here

then again mostly 90% of all of the bands back then are long gone or think they are took good to play this city anymore ...

Best concerts i ever went to was

queensryche back in 1990 when they had the screen with the movie going on in the background
any KISS CONCERT (remember was too close to the stage one time i had ringing in my ears for 4 days)
OZZY BACK IN 1997
Crew back in 1991
areosmith back in 91
jackyl back in 90 and 91

Worse

Metallica back in 91 when they though they could do their own show.. 3 hours of music when half of them seemed either stoned or high just sucked

HOLE back in 2000 i think (was the last concert i went to)

Then been a few times Megadeth came though but just didnt have the cash or time to see them... I remember a few years back SLAYER came though and missed out on 8 buck tickets...

WOW Cant belive this is this cheap now

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/6301517067/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

paid like 40 for it back in the day... thought it be a collectors item by now but nope LOL

Went to The Peach Festival in Montage Mountain up in Moosic, PA.

Stuff I seen...
Warren Haynes Band- Meh, it's like a white guy trying to do soul, funk, and other genres and failing.

Dark Star Orchestra- Played an awesome high energy set, including St. Stephens and Johnny B. Goode.

Railroad Earth- A Jam Band, nothing special. They were alright.

Tedeshi Trucks Band- Really good. Susan Tedeshi can fucking sing, one of the best female vocalists out there nowadays.

Allman Bros Band- It's not that they weren't good, it was just if you own a live album already, it really wasn't nothing extra special.

The Wailers- Stayed only for part of the show because it was about 1:30 AM and I had over a hour drive back to my GF's place, but from what I seen they were good. If you like Reggae, this is some of the best out there.

Wow, can't belive I'm saying this, but I agree with slidecage on his choice in music and stance on floor seating. I've seen so many shows the past year that I can say the only two acts I'm desperate to see at least once are NiN and RATM if they ever perform again. But in that time I've become really picky about venues and it's been a deal breaker for a few shows I've wanted to see. I've resigned to the fact that some bands are only going to play arenas because of their popularity, but the best way to see the acts I'm into is definitely in a GA setting in a club-type venue by and far.

Uh, Slidecage and I have the same taste in music...scary.

Anyway, been to a few since I last posted in this thread. Saw Scorpions/Tesla in Grand Prairie, TX back in June. Saw Tesla again in Hot Springs, AR in July. Tesla is my favorite band, btw.
Going to Lampe, MO (near Branson) at the end of this month for Def Leppard/Poison/Lita Ford. Can not wait. Haven't seen DL since 93, but I really wish I had seen them back in 88 on the Hysteria tour, that would have been phenominal. Will be my 3rd time seeing Poison. Lita Ford....meh, couple of good songs I guess.

The fiance and I went to Mayhem a few weeks back and had Pit tickets. While I'm not a big guy, I always enjoy a good mosh pit, but what the hell is happening? The two main stage bands I would have expected to have the most action, Slayer and Slipknot, where severely disappointing. Don't get me wrong, Slipknot put on one HELL of a show, but at least half of the people in the pit had their fucking cell phones out for the majority of the set, snapping pictures and taking video. A few people would start shoving, and the others would get pissed because their potential Youtube video was getting messed up.

I see no problem with taking your phone/camera out every so often, snapping a pic or two, putting it away and actually enjoying the show, like we do, but this shit is ridiculous, especially when they get pissed because they got bumped into.

This moshpit was outshined by much less "hardcore" shows, such as Flogging Molly and Social D. One other interesting correlation is that the good pit shows were indoor venues, while the crappy ones were outdoors. Coincidence? Who knows.

About seated venues, I agree that I don't waste my time unless there is a GA/Pit section. If I wanted to sit comfortably and listen to music, I'd stay home, sit my ass on the couch and crank the stereo. We've only gone to one show where we had a VIP box, (Marilyn Manson) and that was only because the guy we got them from was selling them for less than GA. The only perks we used were the VIP Parking Pass and the VIP entrance, and we sat in the box for the opening act before going to the GA for Manson.

Last for me was the Honda Civic 2012 tour in Alpharetta on Sunday.
Mute Math, Linkin Park and Incubus!

I don't currently have any upcoming concerts now other than this Japanese girl You Kikkawa who is having her first America performance at AWA in Sept.

I better get busy and find some good shows!

[quote name='mykevermin']Was it at the Susquehanna Bank Center?

If so, there's your answer, I think.[/QUOTE]

If this was at me, then nope, wrong region. This has been at two different venues in/around Pittsburgh. Ironically, one of the venues is indoor/outdoor, depending on the season. Indoor shows there have always been harder than the outdoor shows. Maybe the fresh air (pollution?) mellows everyone out...

Red Hot Chili Peppers finished just an hour ago. Finally after all these years I got to see the boys (aging men) and I had a blast. Of course the new album got more time which I'm not exactly that fond of especially since most of the songs they played weren't the ones I liked off the album (Adventures of Raindance Maggie is bad live as well) and it took away mostly from the By The Way album in this case. But they dipped back to the early Frusciante days quite a bit while playing the big songs from Californication and less popular Stadium Arcadium cuts along with the mandatory Dani California. Josh Klinghoffer must have recently busted his foot I guess since the poor fellow had to sit through the concert so Flea made sure to be more of a presence on all sides of the stage. Anthony didn't speak much giving short speeches to Flea.
Overall it was a great night

Drug Culture (3-5 minutes)
Totes Brute (~12 minutes)
Grimace (15 minutes)
Sidetracked (15 minutes)
Hummingbird of Death (20 minutes)

I love fastcore bands. Took more time to set up and break down the gear than the bands took to play.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']Red Hot Chili Peppers finished just an hour ago. Finally after all these years I got to see the boys (aging men) and I had a blast. Of course the new album got more time which I'm not exactly that fond of especially since most of the songs they played weren't the ones I liked off the album (Adventures of Raindance Maggie is bad live as well) and it took away mostly from the By The Way album in this case. But they dipped back to the early Frusciante days quite a bit while playing the big songs from Californication and less popular Stadium Arcadium cuts along with the mandatory Dani California. Josh Klinghoffer must have recently busted his foot I guess since the poor fellow had to sit through the concert so Flea made sure to be more of a presence on all sides of the stage. Anthony didn't speak much giving short speeches to Flea.
Overall it was a great night[/QUOTE]

I love Stadium Arcadium (disc 2).

Anyways, I saw Zomboy a couple weeks ago play at a club in Ohio.

[quote name='madcyantist']I love Stadium Arcadium (disc 2).

Anyways, I saw Zomboy a couple weeks ago play at a club in Ohio.[/QUOTE]
I'm a Disc 2 person myself as well. Disc 1 is good at the start and contains Charlie which to me is the best song off the whole record. Disc 2 though holds me for most of it's duration. Animal Bar is probably my fav off of the disc 2.
This reminds me that I have yet to listen to the new material John Frusciante put out not too many months ago.

Xiu Xiu
SWANS

Xiu Xiu was....wat. Pretentious garbage and I can usually stand that shit. My friend said it best: "His latest album is called 'Dead God I Hate Myself' and dear god I hate him too"

SWANS on the other hand was phenomenal as always. A two hour sonic assault that just didn't let up. I'm kicking myself for almost skipping the show due to something as petty as cost.

That's good to hear. I'm seeing Swans in like 2 months and I don't really have any frame of reference how their performances are nowadays.
And I promise this is the last time I post until I see another show.

Haven't posted in here in a while. Last concert for me was Black Sabbath at Lolla. It was their last show, and man, they didn't disappoint. Ozzie can throw a hell of a show. I just think its stupid that Perry Farrell put him on not the main stage. Black Keys were there, and I just think that's a disservice.

My girlfriend works at the first midwest bank amphitheatre in Chicago and she gets to see everyone live. So, she said Motley Crue (can't right an umlaut) was surprisingly good. I was confused and wondered why they would ever be bad. Rock legends do not tend to worsen after a while, they are legends for a reason and have gone through enough concerts to know what gets the crowd going. I equated it to if Jimi Hendrix was still alive today, do you think he would be terrible live or would he still kick ass? I presume kick ass.

Saw Dropkick Murphys again last night, making that three times in the past 18 months. As expected, they fucking rocked the place and actually played some older stuff, including my fiance's favorite "Forever." Furthermore, a few of the guys recognized us from last year, when I proposed to my (now) fiance on-stage with the help of Al and Ken.

This time around, since it was a different venue, they let some fans up on stage for the final few songs and we were able to get up there. Their tour manager Evan, who immediately recognized us, snapped a few pics of us with Ken after the show, but too bad Al always seems to duck out as soon as the show is over. I joked to Ken and told him we hadn't set a date yet, but he's invited and he said "Thanks, Ryan." My fiance told me I'm full of shit because there is no way he remembered us, but how many guys with mohawks do you think they have proposing on-stage?

Music Midtown Festival this weekend in Atlanta.

Foo Fighters were awesome headlining last night. Can't wait for Pearl Jam tonight.

Awesome festival, especially since I live half a block from the park it's in! :D

I saw Riot Fest in Dallas.

Rise Against, NOFX and Less Than Jake were awesome. The Descendants, The Gaslight Anthem were alright. Andrew WK was cool, but his band was there so he didn't play anything he just kind of messed around.

Dear god though, Municipal Waste was probably the WORST band I ever seen in my life. I have literally seen high school talent show bands that were better than them. The instrumental parts were alright, but singer couldn't sing for shit. Their theme for every song was just repeating the title over and over again. Also every time the singer tried to talk in between songs I wanted to punch him in the face.

[quote name='darthbudge']I saw Riot Fest in Dallas.

Rise Against, NOFX and Less Than Jake were awesome. The Descendants, The Gaslight Anthem were alright. Andrew WK was cool, but his band was there so he didn't play anything he just kind of messed around.

Dear god though, Municipal Waste was probably the WORST band I ever seen in my life. I have literally seen high school talent show bands that were better than them. The instrumental parts were alright, but singer couldn't sing for shit. Their theme for every song was just repeating the title over and over again. Also every time the singer tried to talk in between songs I wanted to punch him in the face.[/QUOTE]

I went to Riotfest in Chicago last Saturday and I saw GWAR, Minus the Bear, Coheed and Cambria, Dropkick Murphy's and Rise Against.

Coheed and Cambria is my favorite band so It was awesome getting all the way to the front to see them play. Its the second time I've seen them this year and they never fail to put on an amazing show.

Enter The Haggis at Jim Thorpe Opera House.

Enter The Haggis is a Folk/Celtic/Rock/Roots Rock band that have very catchy songs but at the same time very deep lyrics. Reminds me of a folk band from the 70's except these guys are modern (because they have heavy plugged in guitars at times and they just sound new and fresh) and they have a more world flair to them since they use instruments such as bagpipes.

The show lasted about two hours, played a great mix of old and new songs and overall was a great time since they know how to get everyone dancing. I recommend checking these guys out.

Just got done seeing Metric tonight. Awhole lot of fun, though I was surprised that they didn't play "Lost Kitten" since they had a shirt of it at their merch table. Eitherway they did a 90 minute set and basically did all, but two or so songs from Synthetica and all the singles minus Poster of a Girl.

bread's done
Back