What was your favorite game of this generation?

Crazy Taxi easily comes to my mind first, though there's several that come close.

Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank are close as the best platformers of this generation with Sly Cooper and Klonoa 2 behind them, as Sony stole the platforming and in my opinion the best first party games title this generation. Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec was my favorite racer with Burnout 3 and PGR 2 close behind. Final Fantasy XII will probably blow away my RPG favorites of this generation like Grandia 2, KotOR, and DQVIII. Madden, NCAA Football, and MVP 05 are probably the best sports games with MVP at the top. Virtua Fighter 4, Naruto 4, Smackdown 2006, and Soul Calibur/II/III were my favorite fighters of this generation, As for action games, MGS3: Subsistence, Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, probably Twilight Princess, GTA3/VC, and Freedom Fighters were my favorite action/adventure games of this generation. Action sports goes to Tony Hawk PS3, Dave Mirra FBMX 2, and Aggressive Inline. In the miscellaneous category is Katamari Damacy, WLK, Guitar Hero, Amplitude, Chu Chu Rocket, and Super Monkey Ball. Almost too many games to really pick just one.

twisted metal black...so much time spent with that game co-op...so damn fun...this was what pushed me over the edge to get a ps2 in the first place...

i remember when i was a kid and just had a ps1, i went to walmart to get a copy of tm4, and the guy said "tm4 isn't that good, you should get a ps2 and get tm:B"

well i didn't have the cash to get a ps2 at the time, so i bought tm4...i mean i liked tm4 for co-op with my couisn, but playing it alone was kinda bland...

eventually i got a ps2 a few years later as a present and i bought tm:b a few weeks later...loved it....LOVED IT!

another game of this gen that i liked a lot was halo 2 (online at least)...i know it has a bad rep for having racits etc. on live, but this was my first really good console online gaming experience...it is the reason i bought the xbox...i bought this game on ebay before i actually had my xbox!) i must have spent thousands of hours online with this thing...most ever for any game i've played....

If I had to say one game,
PoP: Sands of Time

I absolutely couldn't stop playing this game once I started. Easily the best $3.98 I've ever spent.

[quote name='y2jedi']If I had to say one game,
PoP: Sands of Time

I absolutely couldn't stop playing this game once I started. Easily the best $3.98 I've ever spent.[/QUOTE]

That game was amazing on so many levels.

My top ones are:

RE4
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Halo
Max Payne
Beyond Good & Evil
Pikmin

Hmm, this is SO hard to answer because there were so many great games...

FFXI
DQVIII
Disgaea
MGS2 and 3
Splinter Cell
GTA VC

Not necessarily in that order, but those are probably the ones I've spent the most time on.

Kingdom Hearts I&II

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Katamari Damacy

Final Fantasy X

Resident Evil 4

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Time Splitters 1&2

Mario Kart Double Dash

In no particular order: my top 11 ps2 games (only own a ps2)

1. Resident Evil 4
2. Tekken 5
3. Kingdom Hearts
4. Twisted Metal: Black
5: God of War
6: Final Fantasy X
7: Burnout 3: Takedown
8: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
9: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
10: AceCombat 4: Shattered Skies
11: Soul Calibur II

Remember, it's in no particular order! :applause:

Games that i finished:
--ICO
--Shadow of the Colossus
--Dead or Alive Ultimate (sunk 150-200 hours online...jeezus)
--Killer 7
--Ninja Gaiden/Black/Hurricane Packs
--Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition
--Shin Megami Tensei Nocutrne
--Metroid Prime 1
--Tekken 5
--Genji (overlooked...great samurai action...but too short)

Games that I need to finish:
--PoP:Sands of Time
--Katamari
--MGS3:Subsistence

Soon to be added:
--Okami
--FFXII?

I was a casual gamer most of this generation and am now starting to play everything, but the game off the top of my head I most enjoyed was MX 2002. Then again, that could just be because I want to play it right now.

After playing SH1 long long ago I never thought that it would be possible for Midway to top it with a second part to it, but they did. Shadow Hearts 2 brought everything. Story line was great, fighting system still ruled, improved on the weaknesses that part 1 had (one in particular was all party gaining EXP even if they werent on ur team fighting). Just so much about that game. It was a big improvement.

Others:

GOW
SSBM
RE4
SMTN
Star Ocean 3
Metroid Prime
and Kingdom Hearts were all amazing games that I LOVE.

great topic!

Zelda:Wind Waker
Beyond Good & Evil
Amplitude
Prince of Persia: SOT
Katamari Damacy
Burnout3:Takedown
SSX
Shenmue
Power Stone
Soul Calibur
Mario Kart: DD

This gives me another opportunity to vote for Virtua Fighter 4:Evolution. If you don't have this game and you have any interest in fighters please get this game.

bread's done
Back