What was your first car?

89 Dodge Aries. White with maroon interior. I got it in or around 2003; my dad had bought it for my sister then she gave it to me. It wasn't much to look at but the gas mileage it had was amazing compared to the 99 Taurus I drive now. The brakes went out on it one fateful day and they naturally wanted $2,000-something to fix it so my parents sold it to someone who drove it in a demolition derby. :cry:

The first car I had was a 2000 Nissan Altima, which my mother passed down to me... The first car I bought was a 2006 Honda Civic SI back in 2008 after my first deployment for just under 20K...

There's slightly more young'uns in this thread than oldsters, unless you were real old when you got your first car.

I have a friend who's 35 that still doesn't have a car or a driver's license.

[quote name='2DMention']There's slightly more young'uns in this thread than oldsters, unless you were real old when you got your first car.

I have a friend who's 35 that still doesn't have a car or a driver's license.[/QUOTE]

:shock:

1999 Toyota Corolla CE. Got it for around $2k back in early 2004, learned to drive in it and put in a couple of dents, sold it for $3k.

1989 Daihatsu Charade. I got it as a gift from my parents when I turned 16. It had a 3-cyl. engine and got around 35 mpg. I drove it for around 3 years before upgrading to a Toyota Tercel.

[quote name='dmaul1114']A crappy, beat-up Chevy Chevette. For get the year, maybe 1987. I got it in 1995 or 1996.[/QUOTE]

Man I can relate, my family had an 81 Chevette back in the day. It was a real ass of a car.

My first car I bought with my own money was a 1989 Ford Thunderbird for $2000 while in college in 1998.

A white 1987 Pontiac 6000 LE. Relative bought it off a neighbor for $700, but $150 worth of parts into it, and sold it to me for cost in August of 1999. Had a big trunk and enough room for 6. Always wish I got 5 others in there before dumping it.

pic011_large.jpg

That is, more or less, the death trap my dad bought me. I wanted a Wrangler, I got a blue box, and not one that can travel through time and relative dimension in space neither, just... that. I almost wanted to buy it off my Dad so I could drive it out into the middle of nowhere and set fire to the cursed thing. It's a wonder I didn't die in it.

bread's done
Back