What would you pick.. (anime related)

projecteightysix

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
What anime series would you like most to get a live action trilogy? Not a lame ass attempt, but stick to the original story.

My pick would be berserk. That way they could finally freakin' show what happens at the end.

Kind of like how LOTR was (mostly) true to the book...

I think if someone actually did something like this, it would be amazing. Almost every anime series i've seen has a story deeper, and more interesting, than probably 95% of movies that come out today.

A Transformer live-action series would look awesome. But, then again, the whole entire series would look stupid in CGI :sad:.

Actually, most of the Anime that comes out is crap ("Deep" Story-wise). I can only think of a few Animes that are truly "deep". The same goes for Hollywood movies.

[quote name='Esper']A Transformer live-action series would look awesome. But, then again, the whole entire series would look stupid in CGI :sad:.[/QUOTE]

Dunno about trilogy but there IS a transformers movie coming out. Tom DeSanto and Steven Spielberg producing.

I was shocked to find out there actually exists a live action version of the La Blue Girl hentai series.

In general, I don't think it would be doing the world any favors to produce a live action version of most anime. It seems more like a stunt than any genuine artistic endeavor. An original project that drew on anime for its style could be good but so far such projects have been pretty schlocky.

[quote name='epobirs']I was shocked to find out there actually exists a live action version of the La Blue Girl hentai series.

In general, I don't think it would be doing the world any favors to produce a live action version of most anime. It seems more like a stunt than any genuine artistic endeavor. An original project that drew on anime for its style could be good but so far such projects have been pretty schlocky.[/QUOTE]

I actually *have* La Blue Girl Live :oops: and lemme tell ya, it ain't the greatest anime-to-live conversion I've seen... then again, there's only one anime-to-live version that is faithful yet works in a live setting - Casshern. Cutie Honey was made into a live action but it played up the anime too much and made the live version too unrealistic (as realistic as an anime can get anyway). The Devilman movie was ok visually but storywise and acting-wise it was some of the schlockiest.

[quote name='jaykrue']I actually *have* La Blue Girl Live :oops: and lemme tell ya, it ain't the greatest anime-to-live conversion I've seen... then again, there's only one anime-to-live version that is faithful yet works in a live setting - Casshern. Cutie Honey was made into a live action but it played up the anime too much and made the live version too unrealistic (as realistic as an anime can get anyway). The Devilman movie was ok visually but storywise and acting-wise it was some of the schlockiest.[/QUOTE]

I've seen the La Blue Girl conversion. It suffered primarily from being tame in comparison to the outrageousness of the anime. I needed to be an X rating by US standards. I don't know if I could stand to watch a proper version but anything less misses the mark.

Then there are bizarre movies that became animes. This: http://imdb.com/title/tt0099925/ was one of the stranger things I've ever seen. It has an anime version but I cannot imagine it being nearly as fun without a real woman running around in nothing but a mask, cape, and boots to administer the killer pussy death blow.

The IMDB listing is for the anime version since they don't seem to know about the live action one but IIRC corectly it was a movie series first.

[quote name='Tromack']I think a conversion of the Samurai X OVA's could be quite kick ass.[/QUOTE]

They should make a Samurai movie along those lines, but they shouldn't call it Samurai X. The expectations would be too high.

[quote name='Tromack']I think a conversion of the Samurai X OVA's could be quite kick ass.[/QUOTE]

I think that's the best suggestion so far. Stuff like bebop and trigun could work, but they'd lose something in the process. Samurai X doesn't have anything fantastical about it, so it would be well suited to live action.

[quote name='epobirs']I've seen the La Blue Girl conversion. It suffered primarily from being tame in comparison to the outrageousness of the anime. I needed to be an X rating by US standards. I don't know if I could stand to watch a proper version but anything less misses the mark.

Then there are bizarre movies that became animes. This: http://imdb.com/title/tt0099925/ was one of the stranger things I've ever seen. It has an anime version but I cannot imagine it being nearly as fun without a real woman running around in nothing but a mask, cape, and boots to administer the killer pussy death blow.

The IMDB listing is for the anime version since they don't seem to know about the live action one but IIRC corectly it was a movie series first.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the La Blue Girl Live was just too cheesy and the tentacles were softened pvc piping at best. The one you're talkin' about is Kekko Kamen. I've seen the anime version and it was funny for its ridiculousness. I haven't seen the live action but I don't think it's a property that should've made movie status. It should've been a late nite adult tv series. One conversion I say with a bit of embarassment that I actually liked was the Sailor Moon one. The live action was fairly true to the series. That said, the show's downside is that it WAS fairly true to the series. They'd see a monster, do a transformation sequence (not nude), fight a little, and Sailor Moon would bust out the Silver Mystic Crystal or her Tiara Boomerang to save the day. I still liked it though BECAUSE it stayed true but most I can honestly say would be turned off by its unbelievability. It's an acquired taste... also, I have a crush on Sailor Mercury and Sailor Mars :oops:

pgsm3xf.jpg

Cowboy Bebop's world is perfect for a live action movie. It'd have to be a spin-off form the series though because I can't picture anyone playing Spike or Ed faithfully.

You know what'd be a fun live action movie trilogy? The Irresponsible Captain Tylor

oooo.....just thought of a really good one to do live. Noir!!! That has to be near the top of the list for anime that would convert well to live!

[quote name='OutlawJT']Cowboy Bebop's world is perfect for a live action movie. It'd have to be a spin-off form the series though because I can't picture anyone playing Spike or Ed faithfully.

You know what'd be a fun live action movie trilogy? The Irresponsible Captain Tylor

oooo.....just thought of a really good one to do live. Noir!!! That has to be near the top of the list for anime that would convert well to live![/QUOTE]

Noir would work. It's very similar to Le Femme Nikita so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

In a kind of anime related inspiration, it occurs to me that a young John Goodman could have been a great Coop for live action Megas XLR. Jorge Garcia from 'Lost' could maybe be a good pick as well.

they cant show how berserk ends because the manga is still being produced. the anime doesnt even cover half the series. itd have to be like 10 part movie

Gunslinger girl.... That would make a kick ass movie indeed. Little girls, big guns, john woo, tons 'o dead bad and good guys...

As corny as they were, I sort of liked the Guyver live-action movies...
of course, seeing them on TV and not paying to watch them colors that a little.

Evangelion would make an amazing live action, Im a huge gundam fan so Id say gundam (the original) but an attempt was made at a gundam live action (not the original) and it was dreadful so Im a bit iffy on letting them take gundam live action or not, perhaps cowboy bebop if done perhaps tarantino style.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']Evangelion would make an amazing live action, Im a huge gundam fan so Id say gundam (the original) but an attempt was made at a gundam live action (not the original) and it was dreadful so Im a bit iffy on letting them take gundam live action or not, [/QUOTE]

Yeah but that a made for TV, and I think they dumped their whole budegt into special effects. I think it could be done to be honest, you just need the right people and budget, but the question is there a big enough fan bade to justify spending 100+ mil on it. I also think other mech series such as Robotech could work.

[quote name='iheartmetal']they cant show how berserk ends because the manga is still being produced. the anime doesnt even cover half the series. itd have to be like 10 part movie[/QUOTE]

Numerous work in progress manga series have been made into anime. The lengthy schedules for producing animation usually make it quite easy for the manga to stay far ahead in the continuity. Plus the manga typically has to have a fair pile of material published before it is seen as a good candidate for the expense of producing an anime version.

Whether the manga can be divided into distinct storylines would tilt the decision as to whether the anime should be a series or a movie. It would be little different for a live action version.

[quote name='Zoglog']SAILOR MOON

lol178dj.gif

no seriously sailor moon[/QUOTE]

Already been done. In addition to the live action tv series, there was also a movie as well. Look at my posts a couple of posts down.

bread's done
Back