What X360 games should we be looking forward to in 2009?

Summer of Arcade 2 please. Although it will be very hard to top Galaga Legions + Bionic Commando + Castle Crashers + Geometry Wars 2 + Braid. Geez, I need to go buy some more MS points just to get caught up with 2008...

I don't understand why many of you are looking forward to Ghostbusters. I mean sure the movie was great, but do you honestly think a video game adaption will be great? IMO usually movie games are not great, they are either very buggy, or are not very fun.

Unless this one is different then sure maybe I'll go for it.

Looking at the current list on GS.com it's kinda depressing from the 360 side of things. I know the list isn't complete so hopefully we get ALOT of new additions to it.

360:
Resident Evil 5

PS3:
Uncharted 2
God of War 3

Wii:
still sucks

Looking like a big year for Gamefly I don't see many must have games just several things I wanna play but not enough to buy. DS looking to have a big year for me as I see at least 3 games i'll be buying before before April even gets here.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I'm sure we will see more games announced by E3 that get released later this year. Let's not forget the games that fly under the radar that end up being decent. I for one am glad 2009 isn't looking to be a wallet raping experience because there are still plenty of games from 08 and even 07 that I have to purchase - plus if you own multiple systems there are opportunities elsewhere to.[/quote]

Yeah I have to disagree as well...

2009 is the year of the multi-platform game and is probably the future. Just look at FF XIII and now possibly Metal Gear Solid... games are going multi-platform now than ever before..

the line-up for 2009 looks solid as is... plus any new stuff that hasn't been announced yet

sKATE 2
F.E.A.R 2
Halo Wars
Resident Evil 5
Ghostbusters
Alan Wake
Bayonetta
Blood Bowl
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Champions Online
Dead Island
Fight Night Round 4
Formula 1 2009
Halo 3:ODST
Halo Chronicles
I am Alive
Mass Effect 2
RACE Pro
Splatter House

overall a promising 2009 in my opinion

[quote name='evyrew']Summer of Arcade 2 please. Although it will be very hard to top Galaga Legions + Bionic Commando + Castle Crashers + Geometry Wars 2 + Braid. Geez, I need to go buy some more MS points just to get caught up with 2008...[/QUOTE]

YES! I second this motion. Give me a Ms. Pac-Man: CE with an untimed mode.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']I don't understand why many of you are looking forward to Ghostbusters. I mean sure the movie was great, but do you honestly think a video game adaption will be great? IMO usually movie games are not great, they are either very buggy, or are not very fun.

Unless this one is different then sure maybe I'll go for it.[/quote]
Hands-on impressions have been favorable in the past, and they've got a great team on the game. It's being designed as the third film, and should stay pretty faithful to the canon - I've got faith that a FPS/3PS with a Ghostbusters license on it (it's Activision's game released by Atari) should pretty solid.

Oh it sounds better then most movie gamers, at least it's continuing the story. I mean movie games usually just retell the movie in a very bad way.

Man 2009 approaches very quickly, and I can't wait.

Mass Effect 2...that's about it. There are many that have my interest but this is the only game that i'm actually excited for.

I say bring in more sex scenes for Mass Effect 2, lol. I hope they make Mass Effect 2 a bit more crazier, and maybe longer.

I highly doubt Mass Effect 2 is hitting 2009, just because of the MMO they're working on. As far as games I'm looking forward to...

Call of Duty 6
Halo 3: ODST
Ghostbusters (online co-op or bust)
Resident Evil 5
Bayonetta

Street Fighter IV might be bought on PS3. I got Remix on 360, but good god, the D-pad was horrid. I already got SC4 on PS3, so I might be getting SFIV on it as well.

Resident Evil 5
Ghostbusters
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Bioshock 2
SplatterHouse
Doom 4
Duke Nukem Forever (2009?)
Operation Flashpoint 2
Wolfenstein
Borderland
Alan Wake

meduim interest games
Ninja Blade
Tekken 6
Mafia 2
Prey 2
Heroes over Europe
Shellshock 2
Backbreaker

The fact that four pages into this thread only one person has mentioned Brutal Legend makes me feel all sad inside.

Brutal Legend and Alan Wake are the big ones for me on the 360. Heavy Rain and God of War 3 are my most-wanted PS3 titles.

I'm a little surprised nobody has mentioned Bionic Commando or Dark Void. I think both games look like they have some potential.

Skate 2
Resident Evil 5
Street Fighter IV
Bioshock 2: City of Dreams
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Other than that hopefully we'll see Mafia 2 and The Beatles video game project by Harmonix at least announced in the next year.

Why are people saying Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2? or Call of Duty 6? COD: WAW technically isn't even the 5th game of the series. And why would Infinity Ward decide to drop the number in the title and add it to the sub-title instead?

[quote name='KingBroly']I highly doubt Mass Effect 2 is hitting 2009, just because of the MMO they're working on. As far as games I'm looking forward to...

Street Fighter IV might be bought on PS3. I got Remix on 360, but good god, the D-pad was horrid. I already got SC4 on PS3, so I might be getting SFIV on it as well.[/quote]

Bioware Austin is making the Star Wars MMO, so Edmonton should have ME2 in the pipeline. I just hope we see it next year.

DO NOT play Street Fighter with a pad. Buy a TE stick and get for the 360.

Halo Wars = Ensemble Studios' swan song. I'll pick it up for that alone ... Hope it's good.

[quote name='Littlefields']Why are people saying Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2? or Call of Duty 6? COD: WAW technically isn't even the 5th game of the series. And why would Infinity Ward decide to drop the number in the title and add it to the sub-title instead?[/QUOTE]

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the name Activision announced the other day and the number drop was probably their decision and not Infinity Ward's:

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008...dern-warfare-2-more-at-in-game-ad-conference/

It has more to do with "Activison" having two COD games with different developers and time periods instead of just WWII. COD:WaW isn't called COD 5, and there isn't a 5 on the box. Their just trying to get away from numbering the main title and leaving it as COD only. The real mistake was to put the 4 in "Modern Warfare". It seems their trying to correct this which COD: Modern Warfare 2 being the second game to drop the number from Call of Duty, World at War being the first.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Danimal']The fact that four pages into this thread only one person has mentioned Brutal Legend makes me feel all sad inside.

Brutal Legend and Alan Wake are the big ones for me on the 360. Heavy Rain and God of War 3 are my most-wanted PS3 titles.

I'm a little surprised nobody has mentioned Bionic Commando or Dark Void. I think both games look like they have some potential.[/quote]

Seriously I'd want to like Brutal Legend but from everything I've seen I just don't see it as a must buy like most of the other games on my list. It will be more like if good reviews ok I'll grab it probably.

Halo Wars = Ensemble Studios' swan song. I'll pick it up for that alone ... Hope it's good.

Ditto, it's also good to know that Halo Wars will receive support later on as the Ensemble Studios team has said a small number of them are goin to make their own studio, sweet. That's what happened to Westwood and Petroglyph, a small group of Westwood veterans.

Does anyone know how many factions/races there will be in Halo Wars? I'm probably going to have to guess 2-3. The Covenant, The Humans, and The Flood. I don't know to much about the lore of Halo, but if the Flood weren't discovered until the first Halo game then they most likely won't be there. Let's also hope they give good controls for the game, as RTS' on the 360 are usually questioned/questionable.

I really don't know what to look forward to for the 360, you guys are spitting out names of games I haven't even heard of. I'm going to be checking them out. It's always good to know that there are new game series coming out. I hope Microsoft doesn't decide to try and spam Halo on many games, or Gears of War.

2009 is finally in session, and I'm glad to welcome all of you to hopefully another successful gaming year. We grow closer and closer to the end of this Console War, just to be brought back into another.

Actually, nothing is really grabbing my attention for some reason. I am sure that will change when things actually start dropping but as for now.....meh.

While I will not buy Halo Wars, and am not a fan of Halo, I am interested to see the way they handle RTS controls. RTS games have failed to become popular on gaming consoles for a reason: Using a controller sucks.

And I'm still calling it Call of Duty 6, so suck on that. :robot:

[quote name='Chase']While I will not buy Halo Wars, and am not a fan of Halo, I am interested to see the way they handle RTS controls. RTS games have failed to become popular on gaming consoles for a reason: Using a controller sucks.
[/QUOTE]

And people thought the same thing about console FPS games until Halo came along. Tides change, all it takes is one giant to get it right.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Does anyone know how many factions/races there will be in Halo Wars? I'm probably going to have to guess 2-3. The Covenant, The Humans, and The Flood. I don't know to much about the lore of Halo, but if the Flood weren't discovered until the first Halo game then they most likely won't be there. Let's also hope they give good controls for the game, as RTS' on the 360 are usually questioned/questionable.

I really don't know what to look forward to for the 360, you guys are spitting out names of games I haven't even heard of. I'm going to be checking them out. It's always good to know that there are new game series coming out. I hope Microsoft doesn't decide to try and spam Halo on many games, or Gears of War.

2009 is finally in session, and I'm glad to welcome all of you to hopefully another successful gaming year. We grow closer and closer to the end of this Console War, just to be brought back into another.[/quote]

There is a Halo Wars thread:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109455
As for the flood, they are in it but no word on if playable. People say the controls are pretty good, really most of the strategy games that are being developed for the console now have gotten the controls right, BFMEII, C&C3, RA3, UaW. I read somethin ga while ago about some strategy game, can't remember which one, on the console:"We looked at the shooter genre to get the controls right".

Hopefully Microsoft will have a few extra games that are on top secret status till the end of 09.

X360:
Ghostbusters
Halo Wars
Halo 3 ODST

Wii:
New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis (since I missed out on this one the first time around)

DS:
Pokemon Platinum
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (can NOT wait to play as Marth!!!)

BJ

bread's done
Back