Whats everyones favorite pop to drink???

stocker08

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I want to know what everyone elses favorite pop is. I am going to list as many different pop as i can think of, they are mostly going to be gerenal. If i miss one, then too god damn bad, go to your second favorite. They arent going to be any odd ball ones.

Wow. Someone that actually says "pop". I didn't think people said that anymore. I haven't heard anyone say that in....I have never heard anyone seriously say that. :)

Mountain Dew or Green Apple Jones.

[quote name='Greetard']Wow. Someone that actually says "pop". I didn't think people said that anymore. I haven't heard anyone say that in....I have never heard anyone seriously say that. :)

Mountain Dew or Green Apple Jones.[/QUOTE]

WTF do you want me to call it???? SODA?? Carbonated Drink????

Personally, i like drinks like mellow yellow and Mt. Dew. My favorite is Diet Mountain Dew becuase it tastes like mountain dew, but better, because its not all syrupy.

Sprite, Mountain Dew (either Code Red or Baja Blast), Mr. Pib if I'm at Burger King, and just recently, Jones Strawberry Lime.

My favorite pop are Mt. Dew (w/Code Red, Live Wire), DP (especially CVDP), and Sprite (w/Remix Berrymix), but I'll drink mostly anything besides Iced Tea and the super diet drinks(C2, Pepsi One).

[quote name='Apossum']Technically, Beer is a "soda"[/QUOTE]
umm...Im sorry but i dont see the reasoning for beer being a soda

[quote name='bobo2k4']Pop is a Chicago thing. We call it pop here cause soda sounds gay.[/QUOTE]

Soda is what my 80 year old grandparents call pop. Oh and i live in MN so i am pretty close to Chicago. Soda sounds quite gay!

[quote name='bobo2k4']Pop is a Chicago thing. We call it pop here cause soda sounds gay.[/QUOTE]

Its the opposite here. Pop=music

[quote name='Ozzkev55']umm...Im sorry but i dont see the reasoning for beer being a soda[/QUOTE]

it's carbonated...

[quote name='stocker08']lol, nice. People actually call "POP" in general, Coke?[/QUOTE]

Soda owns in California! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

[quote name='stocker08']Soda is what my 80 year old grandparents call pop. Oh and i live in MN so i am pretty close to Chicago. Soda sounds quite gay![/QUOTE]

I think calling it pop is a general midwest thing, since I'm in Michigan and that's what it's called here

[quote name='stocker08']lol, nice. People actually call "POP" in general, Coke?[/QUOTE]

It's mainly a southern thing 'cause Coke is from Atlanta. I call it Coke, but will refer to it as soda when too many people from out of town get confused. I live in a tourist town btw.

If i heard someone ask if i wanted a Coke i would think i would be getting a Coke. So what do you call coke then? Coca-Cola, cause that sound unbelivibly odd also.

here everybody i know says "coke" instead of "pop" or "soda"

like... 'what type of coke do you like?"

mind bogling isnt it?

it gets even more mind bogling when somebody asks "what type of coke do you want, pepsi?"

DONT RUN FROM ME! STOP RUNNING!

no but seriously thats what everybody says around here.. or atleast everybody i know.

it bothers me when i actually hear somebody say 'pop'... not sure why.

It's a Midwest thing, not just Chicago. Everybody down here calls everything Coke. EVERYTHING. They could be standing next to a Pepsi machine and would offer to buy you a Coke. I actually heard one person refer to an orange soda as an orange Coke. My personal favorites are Mountain Dew, Cheerwine (only available in the Southeast) and Thomas Kemper's Cream Soda (I can only get this when I go to Seattle). I'll trade Suikoden II for a couple of cases of Kemper's.

Yea I go to Cali sometimes for the summer and I said I wanted pop and they're all "you're in the West coast so it's soda".

And yea pop is a Midwest thing.. reminds me.. of tennis shoes? I think that's a MN thing or something.

I like citris stuff especially Sunkist Lemonade.. that stuff I can never get enough of..

[quote name='neocisco']It's a Midwest thing, not just Chicago. Everybody down here calls everything Coke. EVERYTHING. They could be standing next to a Pepsi machine and would offer to buy you a Coke. I actually heard one person refer to an orange soda as an orange Coke. My personal favorites are Mountain Dew, Cheerwine (only available in the Southeast) and Thomas Kemper's Cream Soda (I can only get this when I go to Seattle). I'll trade Suikoden II for a couple of cases of Kemper's.[/QUOTE]

AH! Mississippi isnt the only place! I feel slightly less weird now.

Rar. Pop pretty much owns soda here.

Woah, yup. Larimer county:

Total: 111
Pop: 82
Coke: 4
Soda: 23
Other: 2

[quote name='ransom456']We always said "Coke" for general soda pop back home, just as that map indicated.

My favorite is not listed: Jones.
http://www.jonessoda.com/[/QUOTE]
RIP Jones Orange Soda

A one time favorite of mine, that vanished one fateful day...and I took it all for granted

i grew up in seattle so i usually say "pop". when i moved to san diego, i accidentally said "pop" in the middle of chemistry class junior year and the entire class burst out laughing. i now adapt my language to wherever i am, hehe.

[quote name='ransom456']We always said "Coke" for general soda pop back home, just as that map indicated.

My favorite is not listed: Jones.
http://www.jonessoda.com/[/QUOTE]

Hell. Yes.

[quote name='neocisco']I know some people from Maine who call it "soder". For some reason, that just cracks me up.[/QUOTE]

It's not that we call it "soder", it's that half of us have a hillbillie-canadian accent.

Other common Mainer things:

• ANYTHING that has a vowel followed by the letter "r" is pronounced with an "h" instead of the "r" (example: car="cah", lumber= "lumbeh"
  • We say "got" instead of "have". (example:"You got one?" "No, I don't got a any."
  • The "o" sound is manipulated. (example: lobster="laubster")

Put it all together: "You got any laubsteh, Joe?"

"Pop" is not just a Chicago thing. It runs through Indiana and down in Kentucky (where I'm from originally). It's just never officially advertised as "pop." It's always addressed by brand name or "soft drink." Almost all Kentuckians call it "pop" though.

On a side note, I went to Ontario three years ago on a mission trip, and I actually saw it advertised as "pop" on a Pizza!Pizza! advertisement. Pizza!Pizza! is the canadian version of Little Caesar's I guess. Any canucks that can verify this and explain the name change?:D

When I lived in Minnesota, it was pop.

when I lived in Wisconsin, it was soda. Got funny looks and laughed at when I said pop.

In Oklahoma, its Beer and Dr. Pepper.

I prefer Diet Coke myself, but that cheap Sam's stuff is not bad either.

[quote name='b3b0p']When I lived in Minnesota, it was pop.

when I lived in Wisconsin, it was soda. Got funny looks and laughed at when I said pop.

In Oklahoma, its Beer and Dr. Pepper.

I prefer Diet Coke myself, but that cheap Sam's stuff is not bad either.[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on where you are in Wisconsin. I'm from near Green Bay and always called it pop. I came to college in Whitewater (near Milwaukee) and people gave me shit for calling it pop instead of soda.

No pop is a midwest thing. I live in Dayton and it's called pop the west and east coasts call it soda and down south it's coke.

Never heard it referred to pop till I was in canada. I hate pop. Everyone I've ever heard or sign I've read (this is new england, chicago and new orleans) said soda, or occasionally coke or pepsi.

bread's done
Back