What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

JPN Store updated with 14 PSOne Classics. Lots of Simple Series stuff, but noteworthy additions include:
Zanac X Zanac (shmup)
Legend of Mana

both at ¥600.

[quote name='mykevermin']JPN Store updated with 14 PSOne Classics. Lots of Simple Series stuff, but noteworthy additions include:
Zanac X Zanac (shmup)
Legend of Mana

both at ¥600.[/QUOTE]

I've wanted to play Zanac x Zanac for a while. The NES game was hot. Still good to this day.

those PSN+ deals are pretty lulz.

[quote name='porieux']Wow $5 for some avatars is supposed to be a 'bonus' for PS Plus members?

I dont even have words for that.[/QUOTE]

At 50¢ per avatar, I *suppose* it's a good deal for those who buy avatars. It's as corny as those goofballs who pay $1-3 for XBL avatar items; a good source of income, perhaps, for Sony, but a waste of money if you ask me.

Speaking of SSFIV, I'm surprised Capcom didn't unleash the "mega new panties for Ryu" pack in the US - for ¥2000, you can buy every costume pack released thus far.

haven't seen that; was it released yesterday or prior?

Oh, here's some real overcharging: Ballad of Gay Tony and Lost and Damned are on JPN PSN Store for ¥2700 a *piece*.

The Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 demo (251 MB) is out on the Japanese PS Store now. Click on the second section of the main menu and it should be #22 on the list.

Wish it was Toy Story 2 instead of Toy Story Racing. That game was awesome.

... It actually makes zero sense that it's not TS2 when you look at the 3 other games.

[quote name='porieux']Wow $5 for some avatars is supposed to be a 'bonus' for PS Plus members?

I dont even have words for that.[/QUOTE]

I think the 'plus' part of that is that the avatars are PSN+ exclusive right now

I confirmed last night that I just cannot go back to PS1 games. I tried playing Syphon Filter and it was awful. I loved the game back in the day, but after playing games in HD, I cant tell what the hell is going on with all the blurry blocks running around in SF.

I actually enjoy the PS1 games. Just recently I beat Resident Evil directors cut and Resident Evil 2. Now I'm on Resident Evil 3 and enjoying it. I just think HD has spoiled a lot of us who can't go back and play cause of blurry blocks or no lip movements.

its hard to play them on the tv but on a psp those ps1 games are awesome definelty the biggest plus to having a psp imo. gonna try ff9 once i finish csotn.

Yeah never play PS1 games on PS3 unless you use the shoulder buttons alot. IT's great on PSP... crappy on PS3.

One game, Bloody Roar II, actually looks very nice since it has a built in widescreen mode so if you stretch for full screen it looks great still.

I have absolutely no problem going back to PS1 games, and I strictly play PS1 games on the PS3 now. I dunno why people bitch and moan about the PS3 emulator making them look bad, I think they look better than they ever have on the PS3. Recently played through MGS1 for the first time ever (I marathoned the series), and fucking loved it.

Oddly enough, it's PS2 games I have trouble going back to, even tho that was strictly what I played not even a year ago. I also have trouble bringing myself to play non-trophy PS3 games, which makes no sense cause I honestly don't think trophies are that big a deal. My minds a jumbled mess...

[quote name='Buuhan1']I have absolutely no problem going back to PS1 games, and I strictly play PS1 games on the PS3 now. I dunno why people bitch and moan about the PS3 emulator making them look bad, I think they look better than they ever have on the PS3. Recently played through MGS1 for the first time ever (I marathoned the series), and fucking loved it.

Oddly enough, it's PS2 games I have trouble going back to, even tho that was strictly what I played not even a year ago. I also have trouble bringing myself to play non-trophy PS3 games, which makes no sense cause I honestly don't think trophies are that big a deal. My minds a jumbled mess...[/QUOTE]

when my ps3 died i was playing some f my ps2 collection to pass time and i tried playing those 2 ps2 tenchu games. holy shit the camera in those games was horribleto the point i was getting way too frustrated to even play it. a number of ps2 games had shitty cameras but somehow it didnt seem like an issue then.

makes you wonder if another reason some ps1 clasics arent on psn is due to that point where games swtiched to 2 analog sticks. did they ever put up ape escape 1 on psn?

I played Silent Hill on PS3 because it was a bit painful to play on PSP with the fog and the small sizes. Unfortunately on PS3 on HDTV the fog and stuff looked really bad. The pixels were very pronounced and also looked like lines of different graphics instead of just an image. I'm wondering if that happens mostly on all polygon games. I'm sure sprite games are probably better and prerendered stuff. FF 7 looked okay but I barely played it on PSN.

[quote name='J7.']I played Silent Hill on PS3 because it was a bit painful to play on PSP with the fog and the small sizes. Unfortunately on PS3 on HDTV the fog and stuff looked really bad. The pixels were very pronounced and also looked like lines of different graphics instead of just an image. I'm wondering if that happens mostly on all polygon games. I'm sure sprite games are probably better and prerendered stuff. FF 7 looked okay but I barely played it on PSN.[/QUOTE]
It is definately the polygons. Sprite based games I can play. But the polys are just awful to me. Again, I played these games easily and loved them before on SD TVs, but on an LCD TV they are just unplayable to me.

That Hercules game was pretty good from what I remember - felt a lot like the awesome Aladdin and Jungle Book games on Genesis.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...t-princess-pixeljunk-chinatown-wars-and-more/

Looks like we've got a sale that will start up tomorrow, which will end next week.

PS3
Fat Princess - $7.49
PixelJunk Shooter - $4.99
Groovin' Blocks - $4.99
Madden NFL Arcade - $7.49
Wakeboarding HD - $7.49

PSP
The Eye of Judgment Legends - $14.99
echoshift - $7.49
Patchwork Heroes - $4.99
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - $14.99
Lunar Silver Star Harmony - $14.99

PSP Minis
Tetris - $4.99
Dracula: Undead Awakenings - $2.49 - PS3 compatible
Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess - $2.49
Zombie Tycoon - $2.49
Bloons - $1.49

Might have to pick up Patchwork Heroes and GTA: CW.

The Crash Bandicoot 3 sale last week for PS+ people might be the only one I can recall. You're more likely to see a sale on Amazon before the PS Store.

[quote name='icedrake523']Do PS1 games ever go on sale? I'm interested in SotN and Spyro 3.[/QUOTE]

the nearest thing ive ever seen to them going on sale was when they would give one free with an episode of qore. i got spyro 1 that way for a buck or 2 cheaper. keep your eyes out for ps plus though it could up being a free download.i know chances are slim but its been out for a long time now so you never know. that said its awesome on the psp.

oh yeah there was a psp castlevannia game that has sotn included in it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You can use Media Go to buy it on your PC and download it when you have the systems back.[/QUOTE]

MacBook. Nope.

[quote name='lokizz']the nearest thing ive ever seen to them going on sale was when they would give one free with an episode of qore. i got spyro 1 that way for a buck or 2 cheaper. keep your eyes out for ps plus though it could up being a free download.i know chances are slim but its been out for a long time now so you never know. that said its awesome on the psp.

oh yeah there was a psp castlevannia game that has sotn included in it.[/QUOTE]

Not really worth it if it's a PS+ bonus. The service doesn't offer enough for me to want to buy it and I bought a PS3 because I hated having to buy a subscription for XBL.

I don't have a PSP. I've been tempted to get one since it's the only platform I don't own this gen.

Deals
Fat Princess - $7.49 - Expires 8/10
PixelJunk Shooter - $4.99 - Expires 8/10
Groovin Blocks - $4.99 - Expires 8/10
Madden NFL Arcade - $7.49 - Expires 8/10
Wakeboarding HD - $7.49 - Expires 8/10
Eye of Judgment: Legends - PSP - $14.99 - Expires 8/10
echoshift - PSP - $7.49 - Expires 8/10
Patchwork Heroes - PSP - $4.99 - Expires 8/10
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - PSP - $14.99 - Expires 8/10
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony - PSP - $14.99 - Expires 8/10
Tetris - PSP - $4.99 - Expires 8/10
Dracula: Undead Awakening - PSP/PS3 - $2.49 - Expires 8/10
Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess! - PSP/PS3 - $2.49 - Expires 8/10
Zombie Tycoon - PSP/PS3 - $2.49 - Expires 8/10
Bloons - PSP/PS3 - $1.99 - Expires 8/10
Kick-Ass - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Section 8 - $14.99 - Temporary Sale
Final Fight: Double Impact - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Flock - $7.49 - Temporary Sale
Blast Factor - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Blast Factor - Advanced Research - $2.49 - Temporary Sale
Blast Factor - Multiplayer Pack - $1.49 - Temporary Sale
Blast Factor Bundle - $6.49 - Temporary Sale
Myst - PSP - $14.99 - Temporary Sale
Field Commander - PSP - $9.99 - Temporary Sale

Pulse
Pulse - 8/3 Edition - Free

Games
Earthworm Jim HD - $9.99

Demos
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Earthworm Jim HD

Add-ons
ModNation Racers - Nukular Mod - $0.99
ModNation Racers - Mauler Kart - $0.99
ModNation Racers - Nukular Mod and Mauler Kart - $1.75
LittleBigPlanet - Marvel Captain America - $1.99
LittleBigPlanet - Marvel Wolverine - $1.99
LittleBigPlanet - Marvel Invisible Woman - $1.99
LittleBigPlanet - Marvel Venom - $1.99
LittleBigPlanet - Marvel Rogue - $1.99
LittleBigPlanet - Marvel Costume Kit 3 - $5.99
Trine - Path to New Dawn - $0.99
Bioshock 2 - Protector Trials - $4.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 - Riviera CC - $4.99
Blazblue: Continuum Shift - Random DLC (24) - $0.59 to $7.99
Guitar Hero 5 - The Used Track Pack - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Guitar Hero 5 - "Bird And The Worm" by The Used - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "Pretty Handsome Awkward" by The Used - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "The Taste of Ink" by The Used - $1.99
Rock Band - "Bulletproof" by La Roux - $1.99
Rock Band - "I Only Want You" by Eagles of Death Metal - $1.99
Rock Band - "Jesus Freak" by dc Talk - $1.99
Rock Band - "Love Addict" by Family Force 5 - $1.99
Rock Band - "Rapture" by Blondie - $1.99
Rock Band - "Saturday Morning" by Eels - $1.99
Rock Band - "Sturm & Drang" by KMFDM - $1.99
Rock Band - "The Perfect Crime #2" by The Decemberists - $1.99
Rock Band - "Crushed Beyond Dust" by Skeletonwitch - $1.99
Rock Band - "Elements" by Texas in July - $0.99
Rock Band - "Fake It" by Seether - $1.99
Rock Band - "Heads Or Tails? Real Or Not" by Emarosa - $1.99
Rock Band - "Is There A Ghost" by Band of Horses - $1.99

Videos
inFAMOUS 2 E3 Trailer
inFAMOUS 2 First Look Gameplay Trailer
Deathspank Launch Trailer
Deathspank Loot Trailer
A Short Film Made From Red Dead Redemption
3D Sizzle Trailer

Premium Themes
Liquid - $1.49
Purple Haze - $1.49
Purple Haze PSP - $1.49
Summer Girls - $1.49
Summer Girls PSP - $1.49

Wallpaper
Fat Princess

Street Fighter Alpha 3 (3) - $0.49 each

PSP Games
Warriors Of The Lost Empire - $99.99 - 1.54 GB

PSP Minis
Arctic Adventure: Polar's Puzzles - $4.99
Widgets Odyssey 2 - $1.99

PSP Add-ons
Buzz! Quiz World - American Culture Quiz Pack - $2.99
LittleBigPlanet - Robin Hood Men in Sack Pack - $2.99

Hm, do I get Earthworm Jim HD now, or wait until it gets on PSN+? I'll get demo at least, since I haven't owned that game in...holy crap decades...

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']wait....a Modern Warfare 2 demo... ??? WTF ??

is this just activision milking the shit outa there CoD series ?[/QUOTE]
It's the really late demo that they put out for the Call of Duty games that started with World at War's really late demo last year.

I wouldn't call this milking the series before mentioning a bunch of other stuff first.

Edit: The new Pulse has the top 10 most downloaded list of games for July 2010:

1. Family Feud
2. DeathSpank
3. Final Fantasy IX
4. Mortal Kombat II
5. Joe Danger
6. Fat Princess
7. Marvel vs. Capcom 2
8. Final Fantasy VII
9. Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge
10. Hamsterball

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's the really late demo that they put out for the Call of Duty games that started with World at War's really late demo last year.

I wouldn't call this milking the series before mentioning a bunch of other stuff first.

Edit: The new Pulse has the top 10 most downloaded list of games for July 2010:

1. Family Feud
2. DeathSpank
3. Final Fantasy IX
4. Mortal Kombat II
5. Joe Danger
6. Fat Princess
7. Marvel vs. Capcom 2
8. Final Fantasy VII
9. Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge
10. Hamsterball[/QUOTE]

Mortal Kombat II will never die at this rate considering its really old and been in the top 10 for what seems like forever.

I want Earthworm Jim HD. I also want the new DLC character for Blazblue CS,but its priced at 7.99 which is crazy and way to much.

Is blast factor worth it? It look kinda ugly compared to super stardust. If I've never played blast factor or stardust, should I get blast factor on sale, wait on a stardust sale, or buy the stardust bundle ($14.99) now?

Any thoughts?

Is there a reason that trine for psn isn't in the op? I'm seeing it at $9.99 at the playstation store right now. I believe this is a sale. I thought it was $14.99 regular price.

It was dropped to $9.99 recently. I just haven't had the chance to update the lists in the OP since then, but I should be able to do that this weekend.

bread's done
Back