What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's an add-on, so it requires the full game to use it. It's the online pass reward for buying Madness Returns new.[/QUOTE]

So lame. I really just want to play the original, but didn't realize it required the disc for the new one.

Question - If you buy PSN points cards from Amazon do they send you a code like they do for their own gift cards or do they send a physical card?

if you want magicthe gathering dotP, psn+ has 2011 for free. 2012 for $8.
i heard you can customize your decks, i guess you couldnt with 2011?

[quote name='Velo214']if you want magicthe gathering dotP, psn+ has 2011 for free. 2012 for $8.
i heard you can customize your decks, i guess you couldnt with 2011?[/QUOTE]

You def couldnt with 2011, I would have swore I heard you still couldnt with 2012 too. Can someone confirm one way or the other. People could consider deck "customization" being the same crap in the first game I guess though. In the first you had a set deck of 40 or 60 or whatever cards, but then every time you won a match you got a new card...their idea of customization was that you could chose to have that card in your deck or keep it out but never edit the existing cards out nor have tons of options.

You still can't with 2012. fucking Wizards of the Coast and their shitty Magic Online system...

I'm absolutely appalled that Microprose made an amazing MTG game back in 1997 and in the pursuit of suckers with disposable money for virtual cards, Wizards of the Coast developed Magic Online.

In the original Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers you can add unlocked cards to the pre-made decks but you can not remove cards other than those same unlocked ones.

In Magic 2012 you can add and remove both unlocked and core cards from the pre-made decks.

Neither of the games allow for full-on deck customization and the number of lands are dealt with automatically.

After putting many hours into both the PC and PS3 versions of the original DotP I'm just not feeling like purchasing 2012 even at 20% off. I do like the changes but I'm leaning towards picking it up on sale once some or all of the DLC is packaged with the core game.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']There's too many lands per a deck. It gets annoying.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. These decks are filled with junk cards and lands. It means you draw a land every 2 or 3 turns but 90% of the cards have a 2 or 3 casting cost meaning that your constantly playing cards with a mana cost far less then the mana you have available to you. It also means things can reduce to a luck fest since its a matter of who gets one of the rare awesome cards in the deck to turn the tides.

All that said its still a good and enjoyable game. It may not be the best magic simulator, but its still a fun game. Personally I use it as a fill in while I exercise. We have a sit down exercise bike and while you cant play a FPSer or some action intensive game while riding you can play something like this magic card game. Makes it much more enjoyable to exercise when I get to play a few hands of cards(or culdcept or a turn based RPG)and have a podcast or movie going on netflix at the same time.

If you are going to play this game and do nothing else you may get bored with it really fast. But as a blow a bit of time game while you exercise or watch a movie(that you dont want to actively watch)with the wife, its great!

Bought MTG I am just glad that you can add/remove core cards this time. Now I can keep 60 card decks :D.

Did not see that outland was up, but I have to download the demo tonight.

I couldn't find the Alice demo in the EU store, anyone find it? know the location? Also, I went and madee a EU and JPN accounts and realized that you arent able to get the welcome back packages if accounts are created after April 21st...bummed to say the least. Anyone know of a way to "trick" the network to thinking you singned up eailer? The other regions have a good anount of demos, videos and themes to DL, so if your into thoes things its cool to check out, plus its cool to check out home and see how the other parts for the world lives.

This was a pretty lame week for demos and sales. I usually pick up at least one demo (that I dont touch till weeks later). Outland didnt look appealing enough for me.

Tried to reset my PSN account's password through Playstation's website, said the site was down for maintence. Hopefully I'll be able to reset my password soon, didn't work through my PS3 for some reason a week or so ago. I'll try again later tonight on my PS3.

Are there any other ways to reset PSN passwords besides Playstation's website or through the consoles/portables? Thanks ahead.

[quote name='eldergamer']

[/QUOTE]

I'd probably be there with you if it weren't for Japanese PSOne games on their PSN. There's still some tiny, forever-teenaged part of me that will always think it's cool to play obscure JP games that won't make it out in the US. The rise of the import section in the US store has sort of made my interest null and void but some stuff like Firepro Wrestling G will never make it out of Japan.

The European store randomly has some cool stuff but I think much of it runs at the wrong speed thanks to the 50/60 Mhz difference. I was playing their Streets of Rage 2 (thanks to my month of European PS+) and it runs very slowly while the US one that I played yesterday seemed fine.

[quote name='tokyoterror']I couldn't find the Alice demo in the EU store, anyone find it? know the location? Also, I went and madee a EU and JPN accounts and realized that you arent able to get the welcome back packages if accounts are created after April 21st...bummed to say the least. Anyone know of a way to "trick" the network to thinking you singned up eailer? [/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, have you not read this thread or the other one when it was asked and stated a few oh...hundred times that it had to be set up before April 21st? :booty::lol:

Just sayin...plus you're not going to "trick" the system, so I wouldn't bother.

(Still can't believe at this point not everyone who uses a PS3 regularly doesn't have a account for multiple regions.) o_O

[quote name='eldergamer']
[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected, hehe... :lol:

[quote name='eldergamer']I'm not even sure how to switch regions. Do I just make a new account/user on my :ps3: and tell it I live in Japan or Europe?[/QUOTE]

There's probably loads of tutorials on Youtube by now for them, it's fairly painless, I did it back in 2007 and never thought it was very hard to do. Anyway good luck.

Regarding making profiles for other regions - I honestly don't remember :p Like uncle, I did mine in 2007 and they've just been hanging around on there ever since.

[quote name='eldergamer']I'm not even sure how to switch regions. Do I just make a new account/user on my :ps3: and tell it I live in Japan or Europe?[/QUOTE]
That's pretty much it. Just make a new user and when you sign up for a new account, just pick the country that you want the account to be associated with. Then just fill in the info it asks for, which you can use a Google corporate address if you want to be safe with picking a real address, phone number, etc. It's simple.

It appeared to turn on automatic renewal when I signed up today, but its pretty easy to disable it from the services list inside account management.

Really? It specifically states that it doesn't auto-renew.

"At the end of the 180 day free trial your access to the music service will be terminated. This product will not automatically renew into a paid-for subscription."

There was some wording that said "provided that you have enough funds or have automatic funding turned on, it will renew automatically" or something along those lines. I had to go into account management -> services list -> music unlimited (or qriocity, I forget what it says there) and there was an option to 'disable automatic renewal'. Once I did so, it changed to 'enable automatic renewal'.

So, it certainly was auto-renew for me, but maybe mine was a fluke. Just a heads up though, if you try the trial, definitely go check it out because you'll probably forget to cancel it after 6 months.

Ugh, Magic 2012 is just like 2011, bullshit fucking opponents.

I played 2 games against the first guy on easy and I could not beat him because he pulls out of his ass cards that trump anything I been drawing all game.

Game one- he pulls out some 4/5 monsters I can't do shit against.
Game two- he gets four 4/5 monsters out in one game and I can't do shit because my most powerful monster could only take one out of the 4/5's with a one turn buff.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Ugh, Magic 2012 is just like 2011, bullshit fucking opponents.

I played 2 games against the first guy on easy and I could not beat him because he pulls out of his ass cards that trump anything I been drawing all game.

Game one- he pulls out some 4/5 monsters I can't do shit against.
Game two- he gets four 4/5 monsters out in one game and I can't do shit because my most powerful monster could only take one out of the 4/5's with a one turn buff.[/QUOTE]

MTG is like 95% luck. I enjoyed the first game though so I'll be getting this.

No 2nd update this week? If they are already caught up to what we missed out on during the downtime then we didn't miss much lol

I seem to recall the deals weren't so good before the outtage so this seems about right. It's like they are giving me a break since that Spring sale was beating up my PSN balance so I'm not complaining.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/19/the-drop-week-of-june-25th-2011-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Network

Alien Zombie Mega Death - Somewhere far far away in a random solar system, a lone space man dies… horribly. Take control of said fateful space man as he battles to his end against the dreaded Alien Zombies! Using a standard laser gun and a few pickups along the way, make sure you take out as many of those Alien Zombie suckers before they take you down. Its that simple. It’s Alien Zombie Death.

PSN Demos

Virtua Tennis 4 (PlayStation Move Demo)

minis

Brick Breaker – In this ultimate version of the classic brick-busting game, there are 50 levels in classic mode, 12 levels in dual paddle mode, dozens of unusual bonuses, a rocket launcher, bouncing balls, a platform hazard, a screen that will make you go crazy!

Labyrinth – In this game the carnivorous plants have been let out! To escape from their insatiable appetite, you must devour all the seeds in the labyrinth, trick them, change direction, accelerate, go down the secret passages and eat up all the magic fruit to increase your strength and become the new predator of the labyrinth.

Solitaire — Take the first and most popular of all card games with you wherever you go, whether you’re on public transport or in a waiting room, with a spare 5 minutes or an hour to kill!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/20/alien-zombie-mega-death-hits-ps3-on-june-21st/
Some details on Alien Zombie Mega Death:

Tis a joyous time. Summer is here. The birds are singing. The Bees are buzzing. Flowers flowering. However… we don’t care about that nonsense. Oh no. What we say is: Draw your curtains. Turn on your PS3. Grab a pair of super friction thumb protectors… and a spare joypad… or four. Make sure you have $8 in your PlayStation Store wallet come June 21st and prepare yourself for one of the most ridiculously intense shoot-em-ups ever… or at least since PomPom made their last PlayStation game.

But first, a dash of history. Last year PomPom made Alien Zombie Death on PSP minis. Heralded as “pacy, mean-spirited, and delightful” by EDGE magazine, it was a simple, extremely focused platform shooter. We loved making it. Anybody with the required skill set loved playing it. Those who didn’t clearly play too much backgammon.

Now, on PS3, we have the official sequel to Alien Zombie Death! We’ve taken the original game, pulled out a big jar of MEGA, and gratuitously poured it all over. The result? Alien Zombie Mega Death!

List of loveliness:

• Levels? … 70 of them!
  • It’s a platform game, with a lot of shooting and explode-y stuff… and we mean, A LOT!
  • Multiplayer? … Oh yes!
  • Game types? … Survival levels. One-shot levels. Decoy pods. Jetpacks. Bomb disposal. Space baby rescue.
  • Beasties? … A whole menagerie of cute yet ugly little blighters to feed with laser death!
  • Fancy a new space suit? Plain white doesn’t do it for you? We have a catalogue of snazzy threads available as well as some fancy suits tucked away, waiting to be unlocked.
  • A medal award system with over 280 unique medals to earn spread over all the levels.
  • Weapon power-ups, for those sticky moments.
  • Online leaderboards.
  • Guaranteed thumb blisters.
  • All wrapped up in our Super PomTech Mega X Engine of Doom.
And finally, It’s made by proper, salt of the earth, independent game developers. In other words, just two dudes sitting in dark caves somewhere in the UK. All by ourselves. No help from no one… apart from a sound engineer we keep locked in the shed.

Buy it! Its cheap! It’s mad! It’ll make your fingers fall off.

Peace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-9PyIM-ZMg

Alien Zombie Mega Death could be interesting. I have to say, I have been having a lot of fun with PSN titles lately. Just started playing Super Stardust HD because I got it with the welcome back program. I cant beleive I never even looked at it before. I would have paid for it had I known.

Wow, what a slow week. One game, one demo.

The more I play MTG 2012 the more I still believe the AI has been programmed to get every fucking draw they need to beat you. I mean seriously I play MTG in real life and I know it's luck based, but in this game it seems every time I have a strategy the opponent draws some card every time to trump it. It's not just me either, I had a friend who played MTG for close to 10 years now and even he has to turn down the difficulty to beginner level just because of the damn draws.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Wow, what a slow week. One game, one demo.

The more I play MTG 2012 the more I still believe the AI has been programmed to get every fucking draw they need to beat you. I mean seriously I play MTG in real life and I know it's luck based, but in this game it seems every time I have a strategy the opponent draws some card every time to trump it. It's not just me either, I had a friend who played MTG for close to 10 years now and even he has to turn down the difficulty to beginner level just because of the damn draws.[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%. I recently played through the campaign on MTG 2011 on PSN thanks to it being free for PS+ and I found that if I didn't have the no-shit, perfect balance of like 2 lands, one creature/land-summoning card, and some beneficial random cards, I would lose. Playing against the all-blue opponent was a joke, I could predict which monsters he was going to summon based solely upon how much land he had in play.

Next time I swing by my parents house I'm going to pick up my old copy of the Microprose MTG game from 1997 and do whatever voodoo necessary to run it on my computer. Until this one appears for free via PS+, I won't be partaking.

EDIT - I spent from 1995 to 1997 playing Magic with varying degrees of enthusiasm and no one gets the hands that the computer does 90% of the time.

[quote name='Halo05']Agreed 100%. I recently played through the campaign on MTG 2011 on PSN thanks to it being free for PS+ and I found that if I didn't have the no-shit, perfect balance of like 2 lands, one creature/land-summoning card, and some beneficial random cards, I would lose. Playing against the all-blue opponent was a joke, I could predict which monsters he was going to summon based solely upon how much land he had in play.

Next time I swing by my parents house I'm going to pick up my old copy of the Microprose MTG game from 1997 and do whatever voodoo necessary to run it on my computer. Until this one appears for free via PS+, I won't be partaking.

EDIT - I spent from 1995 to 1997 playing Magic with varying degrees of enthusiasm and no one gets the hands that the computer does 90% of the time.[/QUOTE]

I went on a game share group so I got 2012 pretty cheap, but yeah the AI is annoying.. it took me like 10 tries to beat the first challenge lol.

Played a bit two headed giant online, that was pretty fun. Also tried that 3 vs 1 alchemy mode but didnt know the rules on that one and it didn't explain how to play it in help and options.

I haven't played the real MTG game in years, like the time Fallen Empires, The Dark, and Legends were released. I guess all the cards in DotP are all brand new cards and not recycled from earlier expansions?

[quote name='Sinistar']I went on a game share group so I got 2012 pretty cheap, but yeah the AI is annoying.. it took me like 10 tries to beat the first challenge lol.

Played a bit two headed giant online, that was pretty fun. Also tried that 3 vs 1 alchemy mode but didnt know the rules on that one and it didn't explain how to play it in help and options.

I haven't played the real MTG game in years, like the time Fallen Empires, The Dark, and Legends were released. I guess all the cards in DotP are all brand new cards and not recycled from earlier expansions?[/QUOTE]

I doubt any card game could be cheaper than Yugioh Decades Duel on the 360. Oh how that game made me rage.

Either way, Alien Zombie thingie could be interesting. Also looking forward to the new Mortal Kombat DLC

Well I've been playing the MTG 11 courtesy of Sony. I beat almost all the levels up to 16 with a couple that needed me to restart the duel but challenge 16 is too fucking op ... he has fucking artifacts/holos. None of my solo color decks can do shit against him. I had one match where I had 4 lands in my hand and for every turn until I died I drew a land.....(my other two cards were one wurm that got raped and a trample buff). I used the green deck all the way up to challenge 16 and now it's useless.

It's sad that I had never taken interest in the rl game like my brother but I became addicted to the computerized version lol. I didn't like the rl version because -1-people didn't the understand rules or how abilities were applied thus played by some shitty house rules-2- Money=Best Card =Win -3- It's so slow ... I love spamming that skip button in the game. Too bad for unbalanced game play.

That was a big issue with MTG 2011, but playing MTG2012 so far, and the decks seem a lot more balanced. Think they realized that was an issue with MTG 2011, the original game, Tezzarts artifact deck was quite powerful compared to the others, so when they unlocked it, a lot of people started to use it online.

So far in 2012, I have only had one issue with beating someone, and thats on the revenge campaign, which is suppose to be more difficult and I am using a new deck. so not all the cards are unlocked. Still a lot of fun

Question: for deals that end June 21, when exactly does the deal end? I wanted to get Braid cheap but I forgot to do it last week. Is it over, or do I have until 5 EDT tonight, or how does that work?

bread's done
Back