What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

[quote name='arcane93']Hahaha, wouldn't help. :) Seriously, the game last night when I decided that I was just done with it... The computer player kept playing cards that allowed it to search the deck for land and play it, and cards that let it draw the first three cards off the top of the deck and put any creatures that it drew into play. And it kept getting this one creature that gave the player additional life each time it played a land card. Meanwhile, I kept getting 1/1 and 2/2 creatures, and equipment that I mostly couldn't do anything with because I didn't have enough mana. I probably should have just quit and saved myself the frustration when I saw what was happening, but I wanted to see just how ridiculous it would get. By the end, the computer player had 14 mana, 10 creatures, and 38 life (and this after I knocked some off in several attacks that it didn't even bother to block), while I had 5 mana and four creatures. One attack from it, and I was finished.

If it's not messing with how the deck is shuffled, then it's at the very least playing with a loaded deck, while I'm stuck with what is essentially a starter deck that I can't even customize at all because I haven't unlocked anything yet. I could see maybe putting some opponents that difficult later in the game, but making that the second opponent is just ridiculous. Takes all the fun out of it when you don't even stand a chance.

I'll admit to not being an MTG expert by any stretch -- I don't own any cards myself, I've only ever played at a friend's house with his decks (in those cases, I don't usually win, but I can generally hold my own at least) -- but I don't see how even an experienced player could have done anything with that one.[/QUOTE]

All of you wasting your time on MTG: DOTP need to check out Forge. It's a free homebrew PC game where you can play against the AI. You can build your own deck out of a pool of 8,200 cards and all rules are enforced. I've only ever seen a couple of cards that were buggy (if you find a card that is buggy you can report it and it will usually be fixed in the next release).

It has sealed, draft, and constructed modes as well as a quest mode where you start out with a limited pool of cards and get more as you defeat enemies. The game may not look as pretty as DOTP, but the features and huge card selection more than make up for it.

[quote name='trogoldito']All of you wasting your time on MTG: DOTP need to check out Forge. It's a free homebrew PC game where you can play against the AI. You can build your own deck out of a pool of 8,200 cards and all rules are enforced. I've only ever seen a couple of cards that were buggy (if you find a card that is buggy you can report it and it will usually be fixed in the next release).

It has sealed, draft, and constructed modes as well as a quest mode where you start out with a limited pool of cards and get more as you defeat enemies. The game may not look as pretty as DOTP, but the features and huge card selection more than make up for it.[/QUOTE]
32.png

me gusta
looks interesting.

Deals
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle - PSP/PS3 - $4.99 - Includes A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks!, Widget Odyssey 1, Widget Odyssey 2, Young Thor, and Zombie Tychoon
Daxter and Secret Agent Clank Bundle - PSP - $14.99 - 2.21 GB
Killzone: Liberation and Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow Bundle - PSP - $14.99 - 1.4 GB
MAG - Interdiction Mission Pack - Free - Permanent Price Drop
MAG - Escalation Mission Pack - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - $3.99 - Temporary Sale
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo and Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror Bundle - PSP - $14.99 - 1.58 GB
Sonic's 20th Birthday Bundle - $19.99 - Includes Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, 4 Eps. 1, and Sonic Adventure with DX DLC - Ends 7/12

Pulse
Pulse - 6/28 Edition - Free

Games
Beyond Good & Evil HD - $9.99 - Free avatars with purchase
Gatling Gears - $9.99
Puzzle Dimension - $8.99
Streets of Rage 2 - $4.99

Minis
Tetraminos - $3.99 - 12 MB

Demos
Beyond Good & Evil HD
Duke Nukem Forever
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
Gatling Gears
Homefront Multiplayer
MotorStorm Apocalypse Multiplayer
NCAA Football 12
PlayStation Move Ape Escape
Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta - Timed PS+ Exclusive

Add-ons
Cars 2 - Daredevil Lightning McQueen - $0.99
Cars 2 - Dragon Lightning McQueen - $0.99
Cars 2 - Mater The Greater - $0.99
Cars 2 - Tokyo Mater - $0.99
Cars 2 - Tall Tales Character Bundle - $2.99
Crysis 2 - Decimation Pack - $9.99
DiRT 3 - Mini Gymkhana Special Pack - $1.99
DiRT 3 - Monte Carlo Track Pack - $9.99
Funky Lab Rat - Even More New Challenges - $1.99
Marvel Pinball - Captain America Table - $2.99
ModNation Racers - Backburn Mod and Kart Pack - $1.75
ModNation Racers - Backburn Mod - $0.99
ModNation Racers - Backburn Kart - $0.99
ModNation Racers - Water World Props Pack - $4.99
Operation Flashpoint: Red River - Valley Of Death Pack - $6.99
Record of Agarest War Zero - Status Booster Pack 2 - Free
Record of Agarest War Zero - Legendary Goods Pack - Free
Record of Agarest War Zero - Dream Oracle Pack - Free
Record of Agarest War Zero - Noble Person Pack - Free
Record of Agarest War Zero - Legendary Beast Pack - Free
Record of Agarest War Zero - Impregnable Defenses Pack 2 - Free
Record of Agarest War Zero - Point Addition Pack 3 - $4.99
Record of Agarest War Zero - Pp Addition Pack 2 - $9.99
Record of Agarest War Zero - Gallery Open - $9.99
Record of Agarest War Zero - Voice Open - $5.99
Record of Agarest War Zero - Face Gallery Open - $11.99
Record of Agarest War Zero - Movie Gallery Open - $7.99
Record of Agarest War Zero - Additional Costume 2 - $5.99
Rock Band 3 - Poison Pack 1 - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Rock Band 3 - "Nothin' but a Good Time" by Poison - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Talk Dirty To Me" by Poison - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "Unskinny Bop" by Poison - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - 3 Doors Down Pack 1 - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Rock Band 3 - "Here Without You" by 3 Doors Down - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "When I'm Gone" by 3 Doors Down - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - "When You're Young" by 3 Doors Down - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “A Grim Struggle” by Nightrage - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Angela Surf City” by The Walkmen - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “The Curse” by Amberian Dawn - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “The Depths Of Memory” by Nightshade - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Thou Shall Not Fear” by Lazarus A.D. - $0.99
WWE All-Stars - Million Dollar Pack - $1.99
Yoostar 2 - Atop Xerxes' throne - $1.99
Yoostar 2 - A beast approaches - $1.99
Yoostar 2 - Come back with your shield or on it - $1.99
Yoostar 2 - Play it, Sam - $1.99
Yoostar 2 - A superhero's Kick-Ass ride - $1.99
Yoostar 2 - You poor, poor boy - $1.99

Videos
Battlefield 3 Operation Métro Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer
Bioshock Infinite – E3 2011 Teaser Trailer
Bioshock Infinite – Sky-Lines Trailer
Crysis 2 – Retaliation Map Pack Trailer
Duke Nukem Forever – Launch Trailer
The Darkness 2 – E3 2011 Trailer
XCOM – E3 2011 Trailer

Premium Themes
Blue Waves - $2.99 - Dynamic
Destinations: Hot Air Balloon - $2.99 - Dynamic
Purple Haze - $2.99 - Dynamic
Saturn’s Rings - $2.99 - Dynamic

Wallpapers
Fast Draw Showdown

Blue Toad Murder Files (8) - $0.49 each
Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy (7) - $0.49 each
L.A. Noire (7) - $0.49 each
MLB 11: The Show (10) - $0.49 each
Outland - $0.49 each
Prinny 2: Etna - $0.49 each
Super Street Fighter (4) - $0.49 each
-------------------------------------------------
PlaySation Plus

Deals
Dead Space Ignition - $2.50
DeathSpank - $7.50
DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue - $7.50
The Fancy Pants Adventures - $5.00
Funky Lab Rat - $3.00
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - $3.99
MicroBot - $5.00
Shank - $5.00
Spare Parts - $5.00
Tetris - $5.00

Demos
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Multiplayer Beta

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Bundle - $0.49

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...ith-limited-time-birthday-bonus-months-offer/
Hello, PlayStation fans! We’re excited to announce that this week PlayStation Plus celebrates its first birthday! Over the past year, we’ve given PlayStation Plus subscribers access to a number of great deals, including free games, huge discounts, full game trials, early beta access as well as additional exclusive features like online game saves and automatic downloads.

To celebrate, for a limited time, we’re offering “Birthday Bonus Months” for PlayStation Plus. Starting today, lasting through July 11th, when you purchase a PlayStation Plus 1-year package, you’ll get 3 additional months, and gamers who sign up for the 3 month package get 1 additional month. That’s 15 months for the price of 12 (just over $3 per month) or 4 months for the price of 3 (less than $5 per month). There’s no better time to sign up for PlayStation Plus and take advantage of these birthday savings!

So just what are the benefits that PlayStation Plus subscribers have gained that you won’t want to miss out on? In its first year alone, PlayStation Plus has offered access to:

• More than 50 Free Games
  • Over 100 Free DLC Items (Add-ons, Avatars, Themes)
  • 170+ Discounts
  • Over 100 Exclusives and Early Access items
  • $800+ in Savings
It’s hard to believe it’s been a year since we launched the program, providing subscribers with offers like the full PSN game WipEout HD, a number of PSP minis and PS One Classics, such as Age of Zombies, and more recently, the highly anticipated early demo of Mortal Kombat. Subscribers can also get early access today into the multiplayer beta for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception.

Thanks again for all of your feedback and dedication to the program. Here’s to more birthday celebrations as we continue to evolve the service for users to expand and enhance their gaming experience!

Enjoy!

Played Gatling Gears demo last night and disapointed by it. Too cartoony and hard to tell what to fire at other than the big tanks that are obvious.

Also played Duke Nukem demo for the hell of it to see how bad it is. I just dont understand why this game was not scrapped and completely made from scratch. You can tell it is a game that was started over a decade ago. It looks like a PC FPS from 2000 with the gameplay to match. Wow.

[quote name='wrencrest']Also played Duke Nukem demo for the hell of it to see how bad it is. I just dont understand why this game was not scrapped and completely made from scratch.[/QUOTE]

My (and everyone's) thoughts, exactly.

I like Gearbox, but if I worked for them I would have been ashamed to put my name on it. I do believe they're planning a sequel, which for all intents and purposes will be a true Gearbox game. It's just unfortunate that Duke Nukem Abortion will probably deter many from giving the sequel a chance.

[quote name='wrencrest']I just dont understand why this game was not scrapped and completely made from scratch.[/QUOTE]
It had been already, at least twice.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It had been already, at least twice.[/QUOTE]
When? 10 years ago? The way the game looks and plays, there is no way they remade it completely from scratch any time within the last 3 years.

[quote name='wrencrest']When? 10 years ago? The way the game looks and plays, there is no way they remade it completely from scratch any time within the last 3 years.[/QUOTE]
Definitely when they switched from the Quake engine to Unreal in 1998, and then I believe again in 2003-2004. As far as I can tell from what I've read about the game, the last time any new assets were created was like 2006.

I doubt that another project reboot was in the cards anymore. The only realistic options were to release an antiquated but reasonably complete game, or give up completely. Whether they chose the lesser of those two evils is debatable.

I could listen to Deathspank talk all night.
Tempted to get that Spare Parts for $5. I liked the demo enough, but the last thing I need is more games.

[quote name='eldergamer']I could listen to Deathspank talk all night.
Tempted to get that Spare Parts for $5. I liked the demo enough, but the last thing I need is more games.[/QUOTE]
If this matters to you, Spare Parts is pretty easy and quick. It has a platunum trophy and all gold and silver trophies. Its ridiculous really, but I am not complaining. I havent gotten to play it yet though.

[quote name='nCogNeato']My (and everyone's) thoughts, exactly.

I like Gearbox, but if I worked for them I would have been ashamed to put my name on it. I do believe they're planning a sequel, which for all intents and purposes will be a true Gearbox game. It's just unfortunate that Duke Nukem Abortion will probably deter many from giving the sequel a chance.[/QUOTE]
Why? They didn't acquire the rights to Duke Nukem so that they could spend a few years to remake DNF. They were upfront about wanting to put the finishing touches on it for release and move on with their own game.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']MAG - Interdiction Mission Pack - Free - Permanent Price Drop

I can't find this anywhere in the store. Anyone have any luck finding it?[/QUOTE]
Did you activate your PS+ trial and download it? That's probably why.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Why? They didn't acquire the rights to Duke Nukem so that they could spend a few years to remake DNF. They were upfront about wanting to put the finishing touches on it for release and move on with their own game.[/QUOTE]

Time will tell, but I think it's logical to presume releasing a bad game will make the masses less accepting of a sequel, no matter how good the sequel is.

For us gaming nerds that spend out free time on forums & news sites, we know what, where, and why. If the sequel is good, we'll buy it. But the general public doesn't know what we know. All they know is, "That Duke Nukem game was horrible. Why are they making another one?"

[quote name='nCogNeato']Time will tell, but I think it's logical to presume releasing a bad game will make the masses less accepting of a sequel, no matter how good the sequel is.

For us gaming nerds that spend out free time on forums & news sites, we know what, where, and why. If the sequel is good, we'll buy it. But the general public doesn't know what we know. All they know is, "That Duke Nukem game was horrible. Why are they making another one?"[/QUOTE]

If there is a good gearbox game in between like borderlands 2, the public will associate gearbox with good games before the next duke nukem.

[quote name='guardian_owl']I'd argue most of the folks who purchased Duke Nukem Forever were aware of its checked history and knew exactly the clusterfuck they were walking into.[/QUOTE]
This. The casual FPS fan goes for Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Halo now, so the majority of DNF's buyers know what they're getting into.

Wooooo! Limbo has been rated by the ESRB for PS3! Hopefully that means it hits PSN soon, its only of the few games that makes me jealous about not having an Xbox. Now if only we could get Splosion man!

[quote name='MSI Magus']Wooooo! Limbo has been rated by the ESRB for PS3! Hopefully that means it hits PSN soon, its only of the few games that makes me jealous about not having an Xbox. Now if only we could get Splosion man![/QUOTE]

Speaking as someone who does have an XBox and bought Limbo for it... Meh, you're really not missing much. Limbo is one of those games that looks a whole lot cooler in concept than it actually turns out to be in execution. I enjoyed it for a little while, but then I got bored. I mean, it's not awful, and if it does come out on PSN and it interests you then you should certainly grab it, but it's really nothing to be jealous over.

There is no ESRB in Korea.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/29/limbo-rating-sought-by-sony-in-korea-could-be-psn-bound/

However, like other Summer of Arcade indie exclusives before it including Braid and Castle Crashers, Limbo could make an appearance on Sony's platform after a period of exclusivity ... like, say, a year or so. The Korean Game Ratings Board has a listing for Limbo filed by Sony Computer Entertainment Korea. It so happens that the GRB has a pretty strong track record, outing Xbox Live Arcade titles like Fruit Ninja Kinect and Sega Rally Online Arcade. Before you get your hopes up, we've reached out to Playdead for a comment on the listing.

anyone else very tempted by the 15 months fro $50 for ps+.
Seems like a damn good deal to me.
I did find it fun logging on every week and grabbing some free crap lol :)

has anyone gotten beyond good and evil hd? i remember hearing alot about the original back when it came out but i never tried it kinda tempted to give it a whirl now but id like to hear some opinions on it.

^I played it for about 45 minutes last night. I have never played it before. The voice acting is a little rough (probably triple-A for when it was released), and the HD re-texture wasn't completely redone. I constantly kept finding things in the background during cutscenes that were really low res.

All that said- I was having a really good time with it before I switched back to SotD. It still controls really well, and the characters and story seemed really interesting. I'd say it's well worth $10.

[quote name='nbballard']^I played it for about 45 minutes last night. I have never played it before. The voice acting is a little rough (probably triple-A for when it was released), and the HD re-texture wasn't completely redone. I constantly kept finding things in the background during cutscenes that were really low res.

All that said- I was having a really good time with it before I switched back to SotD. It still controls really well, and the characters and story seemed really interesting. I'd say it's well worth $10.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info ill check out some videos soon to see if id like it.

[quote name='cliqueatnightvandal']If there is a good gearbox game in between like borderlands 2, the public will associate gearbox with good games before the next duke nukem.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope Gearbox is working on Borderlands 2 and not worrying about a sequel to Duke Nukem for the time being.

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']I sure hope Gearbox is working on Borderlands 2 and not worrying about a sequel to Duke Nukem for the time being.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I was pretty disappointed that they didn't give any info on Borderlands 2 at E3.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's because they're working on a new Brothers in Arms game right now.[/QUOTE]

This too...;)

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/games/aliens/

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']This. The casual FPS fan goes for Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Halo now, so the majority of DNF's buyers know what they're getting into.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, while the demo wasn't mind-blowing, I still had some fun with it, and I know the full version there will be more things I'll like than what was shown (thrown together for PAX more accurately) than was in the demo.

I've been waiting 13 years to play it, now I'll just wait till it's cheap enough to buy (like every other game I get) ;)

[quote name='MSI Magus']Wooooo! Limbo has been rated by the ESRB for PS3! Hopefully that means it hits PSN soon, its only of the few games that makes me jealous about not having an Xbox. Now if only we could get Splosion man![/QUOTE]

If that's true, that contradicts what the developer said about the game coming to PS3, would be nice though.

[quote name='arcane93']Speaking as someone who does have an XBox and bought Limbo for it... but it's really nothing to be jealous over.[/QUOTE]

No that's Radiant Silvergun for me....(and Rez HD, kinda Ikaruga, but I have that on GC and DC)

[quote name='lokizz']has anyone gotten beyond good and evil hd? i remember hearing alot about the original back when it came out but i never tried it kinda tempted to give it a whirl now but id like to hear some opinions on it.[/QUOTE]

I agree with what he said about the game, I own the PS2 version and played through the HD demo the other night, it's prettier, but plays like a 8 year old game, the game mechanics are a bit stiff, same with the UI in game. I think if you were intrigued by it and wanted to play it before $10 is well spent, that's what I payed for the PS2 version back in the day.

Also if they make enough for the PSN version it should convince them to get going on the sequel sooner rather than later. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/03/the-drop-week-of-july-5th-2011-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Network

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception (Multiplayer Beta) – Fortune hunter Nathan Drake is catapulted headlong into an adventure that takes him on a daring trek into the heart of the Arabian Desert in a search for the fabled “Atlantis of the Sands.” This journey pits him and his mentor Victor Sullivan against the occult treachery of a shadowy clandestine organization and its ruthless leader. When the terrible secrets of this lost city are unearthed, Drake’s quest descends into a desperate bid for survival that strains the limits of his enduranceand forces him to confront his deepest fears. (Read More on UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception)

PlayStation Move Ape EscapeDesigned exclusively for PlayStation Move, Playstation Move Ape Escape offers fun and accessible gameplay for players of all ages. Get ready to dive into 15 new levels and watch your PlayStation Move controller transform into an assortment of gadgets while you scoop, swat, and target monkeys in pursuit of Specter, the leader of the monkey invasion.

PSone Japan Imports

The Rapid Angel
Yakiniku Bugyou

Minis

Ninjamurai – This action game centers on a young man, known only as the Ninjamurai, as he tries to outrun a number of evil forces that are intent on catching him, including a rival ninja clan, an evil corporation and a dark dragon controlled by his greatest rival.

Did anyone get Gatling Gears? I played the demo and really enjoyed it. Hoping someone can give a better impresson of how the game plays out.

[quote name='nbballard']Did anyone get Gatling Gears? I played the demo and really enjoyed it. Hoping someone can give a better impresson of how the game plays out.[/QUOTE]
I picked it up on 360, it's a blast. I'm assuming the demo plays just like the normal game, but you can upgrade your mech (a little) as you go along.

[quote name='pjb16']I picked it up on 360, it's a blast. I'm assuming the demo plays just like the normal game, but you can upgrade your mech (a little) as you go along.[/QUOTE]
The demo goes through what I imagine is the first 2 levels and ends just before some sort of giant boss fight. You get to stop at 1 upgrade station along the way and fight a helicopter and a giant tank.

I really liked it- just wasn't sure what to expect from boss fights, length, etc. I'll probably pick it up next week.

[quote name='nbballard']The demo goes through what I imagine is the first 2 levels and ends just before some sort of giant boss fight. You get to stop at 1 upgrade station along the way and fight a helicopter and a giant tank.

I really liked it- just wasn't sure what to expect from boss fights, length, etc. I'll probably pick it up next week.[/QUOTE]
There's 5 or 6 areas with 5 stages per area. The boss fights occur in the last stage of each area. I'm not exactly sure how long it would take to beat. I've been playing it for a week now and am on stage 4 of the last area. I'd have to guess I've put 10 hours into it, but I'm really not sure (and that's on medium difficulty). I haven't tried any of the challenge stuff yet.

bread's done
Back