What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Seriously? I am much more nostalgic about Joust than I am MK2. Multiplayer Joust is a brilliant time.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I remember the original MK more in the arcades than I do MK II. If anything, people spent so many quarters on MK that they said the hell with MK II. I will say this though. MK II was far and away the best fighting game I've ever played, and I had the SNES version (with REAL blood LOL), and not that crappy Genesis port (Green Blood).

Even though Joust is much more nostalgic for me, I can still remember "Mortal Monday" as if it was yesterday. We had a snowstorm, and school was canceled. I still had my mother travel 15 plus miles for me to buy the game. I also recall people being killed over a copy of the game too (don't recall where it happened- the retailer had ran out of copies, and this idiot killed someone else for his copy in the parking lot).

Baraka FTW! :applause:

Bah, no update this week. I guess thats a good thing since Steam has been stealing all my money.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']MK2 is $5 and it's a game a lot of people have nostalgia for. Not many people give a fuck about Joust.[/QUOTE]
I can honestly agree with that. I never saw a Joust Cabinet(Or even heard of the game) until my late teens. But it was impossible not to know MK2.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Bah, no update this week. I guess thats a good thing since Steam has been stealing all my money..[/QUOTE]

The truth.

Naw, I think that was just wishful thinking. They made it pretty clear there'd be no multiplayer in Dark Void.

This demo is going to make or break the game for me too, unfortunately. I hate to just go off a demo, but I'm as far on the fence as you can be about a title without being completely uninterested in it. :p

[quote name='gunm']Naw, I think that was just wishful thinking. They made it pretty clear there'd be no multiplayer in Dark Void.

This demo is going to make or break the game for me too, unfortunately. I hate to just go off a demo, but I'm as far on the fence as you can be about a title without being completely uninterested in it. :p[/QUOTE]

That seems to be the general consensus going around, that I've seen recently.

I see Capcom is 2 for 2 when it comes to advertising and marketing games that they don't develop but publish (Bionic Commando being the other one) makes me slightly concerned about Dead Rising 2 then.

Other then one that Qore thing (which I only saw through the preview in the PSN Pulse) there has been like zip (as far as I know) previewing the game anywhere (or I guess I just haven't been looking very hard) =P

It looks like it has potential, just hope the demo is good and then when it comes out, the word of mouth better be there, otherwise it's going to bomb, big time.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://kotaku.com/5432591/namco-bandai-digging-into-the-archives-for-re+releases

Namco seems to be interested in getting more of their PS1 games on PSN next year.[/QUOTE]

Let's hope they're smart and put Silent Bomber up finally, it's been on the JPN store for ages now, I still have my PS1 copy, but it will be nice for the masses to finally get a chance to play that awesome game. Can't really think of any other one's I'd want though, (have all of the Tekken games on Tekken 5) don't remember if Mr. Driller is out yet, maybe the Klonoa PS1 game, that's probably it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Magic Ball is being renamed as "Magic Orbz" with a new add-on coming next week:

TikGames (San Mateo, CA) and Creat Studios (Canton, MA) today announced that their best-selling brick-breaker game Magic Ball will be renamed Magic Orbz. A patch will be available for download, along with a new Winter Theme Pack Add-On, on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system on Thursday, January 7th in Europe and January 14th in North America.

“TikGames and Creat Studios are thrilled to deliver even more fun-filled and addictive content for our Magic Orbz fans on PlayStation® Network,” said Anatoly Tikhman, Founder and CEO of TikGames, LLC “and we look forward to introducing the excitement to new players, as well.”

Magic Orbz takes a very simple idea – an orb, a paddle and a pile of bricks – and turns the player loose in dynamic and brightly colored 3D destructible environments filled with pirates, dragons, witches and more. TikGames’ and Creat Studios’ newest Winter Theme Add-On Pack introduces a wonderland of igloos, penguins, glaciers and polar bears to the exhilarating cartoon-style demolition.

“With our original title and two add-on packs, Magic Orbz delivers countless levels for both single and multiplayer gameplay.” said Vladimir Starzhevsky, co-founder and CEO of Creat Studios, Inc. “TikGames and Creat Studios are proud to continue our commitment and support of downloadable content.”

Magic Orbz will include PlayStation Trophy support and has been rated “E” for Everyone by the Entertainment Software Rating Board for this platform.

[quote name='gunm']Naw, I think that was just wishful thinking. They made it pretty clear there'd be no multiplayer in Dark Void.

This demo is going to make or break the game for me too, unfortunately. I hate to just go off a demo, but I'm as far on the fence as you can be about a title without being completely uninterested in it. :p[/QUOTE]
Yup, same here.

Unless the demo blows me away, I'm going to skip out on Dark Void until it's cheaper. I have a feeling that it isn't going sell all that well, or that Capcom is going to do a re-release not long after.

[quote name='porieux']Is the PSN store down for everyone?? I get an error when I try toopen it today.[/QUOTE]

I was just on about an hour ago and was working fine for me , but that was an hour ago.

Cool to see this. Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond coming tonight. Shame that it's $15 though, for $10 or less I might have bought it for a 2D side scroller contra style game. Also a shame they didn't go 8-bit retro (or have his 8-bit game within this game too) when I saw that when I was playing the other night, I was like that would have made a cool 2D game back in the day.

Unless there is a demo for Hazard, looks like it's only Dark Void for me tonight.

Yeah, I think if I want to play it, I'll probably just import it from Europe. Although, I heard mention of things being added to the US release, but nothing specific.

The US version adds trophies, slightly different localization, and the extra content from the Japanese rerelease on 360.

Really sucks there's no retail version.

Deals
Cellfactor: Psychokinetic Wars - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Prince of Persia Classic - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Armored Core 3 Portable - PSP – $9.99
Unbound Saga - PSP - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Tetris - PSP - $6.99 - Temporary Sale
Burn Zombie Burn - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Zombie Tycoon - PSP - $4.99

Qore
Qore Episode 20 - January 2010 - $2.99

Pulse
Pulse - 1/7 Edition

Games
Matt Hazard: Blood, Bath, & Beyond - $14.99

Demos
Dark Void
Matt Hazard: Blood, Bath, & Beyond

Add-ons
PAIN - Mae Ryder Character - $0.99
Borderlands - The Underdome - $9.99
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast - Androids Pack - Free
MX vs ATV Reflex - Track Pack 1 - $4.99
Rock Band - Going Country Pack 2 - $10.99 - Includes the seven songs below
Rock Band - "Good Time" by Alan Jackson - $1.99
Rock Band - "Cry Lonely" by Cross Canadian Ragweed - $1.99
Rock Band - "She's Country" by Jason Aldean - $1.99
Rock Band - "I Told You So" by Keith Urban - $1.99
Rock Band - "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers - $1.99
Rock Band - "This One's For the Girls" by Martina McBride - $1.99
Rock Band - "Any Man of Mine" by Shania Twain - $1.99
Rock Band - Blink-182 Pack 2 - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Rock Band - "Adam's Song" by Blink-182 - $1.99
Rock Band - "First Date" by Blink-182 - $1.99
Rock Band - "I Miss You" by Blink-182 - $1.99
Rock Band - Paul McCartney Pack 1 - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Rock Band - "Band on the Run (Live)" by Paul McCartney - $1.99
Rock Band - "Jet (Live)" by Paul McCartney - $1.99
Rock Band - "Sing the Changes (Live)" by Paul McCartney - $1.99
Rock Band - "Love My Way" by Psychedelic Furs - $1.99
Rock Band - "Sister Europe" by Psychedelic Furs - $1.99
Rock Band - "Rock 'n' Roll High School" by Ramones - $1.99

Videos
Ratchet & Clank Future: ACIT – Rift Inducer Weapons Video
Ratchet & Clank Future: ACIT – Spiral of Death Weapons Video
Ratchet & Clank Future: ACIT – Top 5 Things You Missed Video
Dante’s Inferno Developer Diary Anger Network Trailer
Dante’s Inferno Developer Diary Gluttony Network Trailer
Dante’s Inferno Developer Diary Greed Network Trailer
Dante’s Inferno Developer Diary Hersey Network Trailer
Dante’s Inferno Developer Diary Limbo Network Trailer
Dante’s Inferno Developer Diary Lust Network Trailer
Yakuza 3 Teaser Trailer
Inferno Pool Endurance Tutorial Video
Inferno Pool Nominations Tutorial Video
Inferno Pool Skill Shots Tutorial Video
Inferno Pool Swerve Tutorial Video
Army of Two: The 40th Day “Jonah Reveal Trailer”
Army of Two: The 40th Day “Weapon Customization Trailer”
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Gamescon Trailer
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Halloween Trailer
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Ryo Trailer
UFC Undisputed 2010 Teaser Trailer
UFC Undisputed 2010 Announce Trailer
MX vs ATV: Reflex Developer Diary

Themes
PixelJunk Shooter
Pinball Heroes (2) - PSP only
Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign (2) - PSP only
Armored Core: Silent Line - PSP only

Premium Themes
Azmodeus Dark Angels 2 - $1.99
Vampires - $1.99
South Park PSP - $1.49

Wallpaper
PixelJunk Shooter

PSP Games
Pinball Heroes Bundle - $9.99
Bomberman Land - $11.99
Dungeon Explorer - $11.99

PSP Add-ons
Buzz! Quiz World - Videogames Pack - $2.99
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - Almaz - $1.99
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - Sapphire- Free
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - Plenair - Free
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - Ash - $1.99
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - Marona - $1.99
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - Pram - $1.99
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - Hanako - $1.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LXL_Guy']Contemplating TMNT right now. Did anything else get added besides the game being in 3D?[/QUOTE]

Well the old one was a side-scroller and the this one you can fight upward/downward as well. Some people hate it. Also the music isn't the same. They changed it completely.

TMNT being on sale here really makes me wonder if it will be the deal of the week next week on Xbox live. If that's the case, then I'll buy it there, otherwise, I'll pick this up on Monday or so.

I hate to chime in just to crap on a game, but the TMNT remake felt really soul-less to me and I'd pass on it if I could go back in time.

[quote name='QiG']I hate to chime in just to crap on a game, but the TMNT remake felt really soul-less to me and I'd pass on it if I could go back in time.[/QUOTE]

Soulless is pretty much exactly how I'd describe it. I tried the demo back when it first came out and couldn't get through it.

I wish they'd just port the SNES version. I'd play it even without online support.

The old game was developed by Konami, and the new one was built from the ground up by Ubisoft (Ubisoft Singapore to be precise) so that's a major reason it doesn't feel the same. I prefer 2D so I like the original, I thought it was an ok playthrough based on the demo, but I personally won't be buying it because I can play the arcade game whenever I want so there is no reason to grab it, even for $5.

On another note, I'm sick of timed demos, Quiz Master, Trine, Matt Hazard. Also I don't like when a boss fight is coming up and the demo quits (looking at you Dark Void, GoW does this as well)

Speaking of MH and DV, I would have thought that Vicious Cycle could have pulled off a decent Contra clone with the Matt Hazard game, it's not even that good, I played through all three levels, and it felt like a lot of cheap hits and it costs more than I paid for the full PS3 game. I enjoyed playing the hour or two I played in the PS3 game, but the PSN version will not be purchased at all, very disappointing.

Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond: Final Score - Skip It, unless you just need to play his continuing adventures in a boring 2d contra wannabe that doesn't live up to its own hype which is disappointing. $5 or less, or preferably not at all.

Dark Void, has promise, after you get the hang of the controls (even then there is a massive learning curve to get good at doing it) thing is though it felt like Bionic Commando to me, I don't mean that derogatively, but it feels like a promise of a great game just missed, but note this is only with my time spent with the demo. It still is nice looking, and plays fine, just that there is something missing, the air combat felt cumbersome, mainly in the dog fights, when strafing a stationary target all was good, but taking out flying enemies felt hit and miss and I had a heck of a time keeping track of them as well.

My verdict for Dark Void is it's a bargain bin pickup, $20 or less. Harsh, but true. There is a good game there, but you'd feel cheated if you spent $60 on it.

Sorry, I have been away for a couple weeks, but just got around to army of two demo. Did anyone here experience incredibly bad controller lag? It was close to a full second for me. I would touch thumbstick up, and then about 700ms later, cursor would move.

I was downloading other demos in background, but this has never been a problem with other games. Plus moving the cursor shouldn't require any network traffic.

Anyone else experience this?

Had the same thing SnowSquirrel. Literally I would move the right stick and like 2 seconds later it would move on screen. Played for 2 minutes then promptly deleted. Worst aiming in any game ever

It can't be that bad for everyone though can it? I can't imagine they would ship the demo knowing it was that bad. And the internets would explode if all had same experience.

Having said that, I saw one preview that said the game looked great. I would say it pretty average looking.

Oh well, likely wasn't going to buy it anyway.

~S

I really hope the amazon store gets metal gear portable ops soon.
Looking forward to the final fight psn game coming out which has 2 old arcade games as a bonus. Really hope they make more games like this online though.

I played Army of Two with my Brother, only thing I noticed is that he sucks with a lot of action going on in the game. =P But no, no lag in the in game controls whatsoever, not sure what to tell you about that.

Small update on Dark Void, PtOM (Playstation the Official Magazine) gave it 4 stars (out of 5), they summed it up as the on ground combat sucks, the platforming gets repetitive, but the in air combat with the jetpack redeems the game when it gets going. So take it with a grain of salt, for me it's a bargain priced title. Just thought others would like to know.

bread's done
Back