What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

If I sat down and really thought about it, there are probably 50+ PSOne games that I'd happily shell out for and that's not even considering games that may or may not be legally feasible (like Gran Turismo, do all those licenses still apply?).

Hustle Kings is a great game. Yes, there's no voice chat atm (apparently coming in a future patch). But the game is just beautiful and an excellent pool sim. I'd recommend to anyone into the pool genre, but to anyone if gameshared.

[quote name='flybrione']Downloaded the Thexder Neo demo yesterday night but haven't tried it.[/QUOTE]

I downloaded it last night.....Maybe I'm just missing something, or maybe I'm not good at these kinds of games but I honestly thought it sucked. And this is coming from someone who loves bullet hell type games....this game just didn't click with me for some reason.

I got to give Hustle Kings a thumbs up as well. I got it from a gameshare on another website and it has definitely surprised me.

[quote name='Regian']Hustle Kings is fun thus far. Plenty of options to keep you entertained, as well.

Worth $10, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's a decent game, but I can definitely hold out for the "inevitable" PSN 50% off sale. $4.99 seems like the perfect price for a game like this.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Assault Heroes? Really? They're a little late (and overpriced to boot) to that party. Thanks Konami?[/QUOTE]
They weren't really PSN developers until they released Revenge of the Wounded Dragons in December.

[quote name='GTmaster39']I downloaded it last night.....Maybe I'm just missing something, or maybe I'm not good at these kinds of games but I honestly thought it sucked. And this is coming from someone who loves bullet hell type games....this game just didn't click with me for some reason.[/QUOTE]

No you're not missing anything it did suck....a lot.

Played (or started over) 5-6 times until I got the hang of things, and I asked myself...why? It's like hybrid shmup and 2d side scroller robot game. Not a good mix. I'm not overly familiar with the original Thexder (just played a few minutes of the NES game to acquaint myself with its linage and it sucked too).

Why can't Squenix do anything good with it's shmup pedigree instead of releasing half baked stuff like this, I've been wanting a Einhander sequel for ages, but honestly after seeing two Gamearts shumps being released (this and Silpheed) to less than stellar audience reception, I'd say leave well enough alone, since that Squaresoft (that made those good games) is long dead, either that or hire Treasure to help co-develop it. ;)

Last good Hori shooter I played was Borderdown, take that back, the last good one was the newest Thuderforce game that came out on PS2 recently (never played Soldner-X) shame that game isn't very good, I was surprised that it was a PS3 demo first but I was hoping for much better results. Unless you're a fan (and considering I had never played it before a few minutes ago, that's unlikely) stay away, very far away.

[quote name='uncle5555']No you're not missing anything it did suck....a lot.

Played (or started over) 5-6 times until I got the hang of things, and I asked myself...why? It's like hybrid shmup and 2d side scroller robot game. Not a good mix. I'm not overly familiar with the original Thexder (just played a few minutes of the NES game to acquaint myself with its linage and it sucked too).

Why can't Squenix do anything good with it's shmup pedigree instead of releasing half baked stuff like this, I've been wanting a Einhander sequel for ages, but honestly after seeing two Gamearts shumps being released (this and Silpheed) to less than stellar audience reception, I'd say leave well enough alone, since that Squaresoft (that made those good games) is long dead, either that or hire Treasure to help co-develop it. ;)

Last good Hori shooter I played was Borderdown, take that back, the last good one was the newest Thuderforce game that came out on PS2 recently (never played Soldner-X) shame that game isn't very good, I was surprised that it was a PS3 demo first but I was hoping for much better results. Unless you're a fan (and considering I had never played it before a few minutes ago, that's unlikely) stay away, very far away.[/QUOTE]

the areo fighters and raiden series would be a good shmup collection to get on psn esecially the raiden games. i tried that thedexter demo and the only good thing i can say about it was you can transform into a robot.......a useless robot but a robot nonetheless.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I'm sure it's a decent game, but I can definitely hold out for the "inevitable" PSN 50% off sale. $4.99 seems like the perfect price for a game like this.[/QUOTE]
Or free if you don't mind waiting for an empty table in the bowling alley in Home. :p
Compared to other billiards video games though, this one definitely looks like it's the best. I'll probably give this a shot once it drops in price.

Thexder Neo was literally one of the worst games I've played in recent memory. I had more fun with the godawful port of San Francisco Rush on Midway Arcade Treasures 3.

What's this:
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - PlayStation Heroes Pack - $4.99
about? Another map for multi-player or skins or new characters? Most importantly, trophies?

EDIT: Nope, the $4.99 add-on does not have additional Uncharted 2 trophies, just extra playable characters for multi-player.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Serpentor']What's this:
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - PlayStation Heroes Pack - $4.99
about? Another map for multi-player or skins or new characters? Most importantly, trophies?

EDIT: Nope, the $4.99 add-on does not have additional Uncharted 2 trophies, just extra playable characters for multi-player.[/QUOTE]

ive seen some of those characters while playing mp they dont look that cool. i wouldnt mind buy those 2 characters that were suposed to come with that eye of indra series. one of the looks like a badass colonel sanders.

[quote name='lokizz']ive seen some of those characters while playing mp they dont look that cool. i wouldnt mind buy those 2 characters that were suposed to come with that eye of indra series. one of the looks like a badass colonel sanders.[/QUOTE]

Well its based on your preference for those characters. I rather take Nathan Hale and the Hybrid models over the Uncharted ones. Plus, they don't make noises so its like having silent movement as a third booster (I know the skeletons dont make noise, but I hate those things). I tried the Killzone skin though, it seemed to be a much bigger target compared to the other skins.

As I have said before, you can usually get whatever you want an hour or so before the store updates. Just use search function. Not saying its gonna work now, but it has numerous times in the past.

For the BFBC2 thing, I was trying to help yall out. The game sucks IMO and I dont want the demo.

Deals
Half-Minute Hero - PSP - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Madden NFL Arcade - $9.99 - Temporary Sale
Ben 10: Protector of Earth - PSP - $12.99 - Temporary Sale
Cube - PSP - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Dead Head Fred - $9.99 - Temporary Sale
PQ: Practical Intelligence Quotient - PSP - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
PQ2: Practical Intelligence Quotient - PSP - $9.99 - Temporary Sale
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - $9.99 - Temporary Sale
WTF: Work Time Fun - PSP - $7.99 - Temporary Sale

Qore
Qore Episode 21 - February 2010 - $2.99

Pulse
Pulse - February 4 - Free

Games
Fret Nice - $14.99

Demos
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Aliens vs. Predator
Fret Nice
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce
Tank Battles

Add-ons
White Knight Chronicles - Makeover Ticket - $4.99
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast - Revived Warriors Pack - Free
MX vs ATV Reflex - Track Pack 2 - $4.99
Guitar Hero 5 - 30 Seconds to Mars Track Pack - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Guitar Hero 5 - "Kings and Queens" by 30 Seconds to Mars - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "From Yesterday" by 30 Seconds to Mars - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "Attack" by 30 Seconds to Mars - $1.99
Rock Band - Gone Country Track Pack 3 - $9.99 - Includes the six songs below
Rock Band - "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" by Kenny Chesney - $1.99
Rock Band - "On the Road Again" by Willie Nelson - $1.99
Rock Band - "Swing" by Trace Adkins - $1.99
Rock Band - "Me and My Gang" by Rascal Flatts - $1.99
Rock Band - "Suds in the Bucket" by Sara Evans - $1.99
Rock Band - "Gone" by Montgomery Gentry - $1.99

Videos
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Vehicles & Tracks Network Trailer
FIFA Soccer 10: Ultimate Team Trailer
FIFA Soccer 10: UT New User Trailer
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3 Multiplayer Trailer
Army of Two: The 40th Day Co-Op Office Sniper Trailer
Army of Two: The 40th Day Launch Trailer
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Single Player Trailer
Dark Void HD Trailer
The Tester Trailer

Premium Themes
White Knight Chronicles 1 - $2.99 - Dynamic
Star Trek - $2.99 - Dynamic
Star Trek PSP - $1.49
Bad Business 2 - $1.99
Azmodeus Dark Angels 3 - $1.99
A Sexy Valentine - $1.99
A Sexy Valentine PSP - $1.49
Infected - $1.49
Infected PSP - $1.49

Wallpaper
NBA Unrivaled

PSP Games
After Burner: Black Falcon - $15.99 - 278 MB
Armored Core: Silent Line - $14.99 - 331 MB

Wow, that is pathetic to consider the PSP version of Puzzle Quest as a sale. It's been $10 for months, if not longer, every where else it's available for digital download. The PSN version for $10 would be a deal though since it contains the expansion.

Is the Strikeforce demo online?

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I was kind of hoping for Shadow of Destiny this week... I guess I'll get the UMD version afterall.[/QUOTE]
Me too!

Hm, I heard that NFL arcade game was good. I might get that.

Also going to get the freebies: AvP and BF:BC2 demos, Pulse.

[quote name='dallow']Is the Strikeforce demo online?

Me too![/QUOTE]
Strikeforce is fucking terrible, and you know how much I like Koei games...

I hope Fret Nice is good.

[quote name='gunm']Hm, I heard that NFL arcade game was good. I might get that.

Also going to get the freebies: AvP and BF:BC2 demos, Pulse.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably be picking up nfl arcade for the quick and easy trophies. Add me if you want to play. PSN ID: Ashimbo

I just checked PSN and it is PS3 version that is on sale for $9.99 and the PSP version is at $14.99. Im glad I waited on buying this game.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Wow, that is pathetic to consider the PSP version of Puzzle Quest as a sale. It's been $10 for months, if not longer, every where else it's available for digital download. The PSN version for $10 would be a deal though since it contains the expansion.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='OlDirtyBastard']I just checked PSN and it is PS3 version that is on sale for $9.99 and the PSP version is at $14.99. Im glad I waited on buying this game.[/QUOTE]

I own the PC version, and just the fact that this includes the "Lord of Plague" expansion has me considering buying it.

Puzzle Quest for PSP had a built in expansion?

Also, I picked up Qore since Im interested in every game they were featuring this month. In case anyones interested, it looks like Qore confirms the March 9 release date for Resonance of Fate. However, Amazon still lists it as May 31.

[quote name='spedmunki']Downloaded the AVP demo last night, can't find any games when I go to play it though...pretty disappointing.[/QUOTE]

glad to see it wasnt just me lol. i left it on for a good 30 minutes checking it every so often and nothing. guess nobody is interested in it.

[quote name='lokizz']glad to see it wasnt just me lol. i left it on for a good 30 minutes checking it every so often and nothing. guess nobody is interested in it.[/QUOTE]

Im in the process of DL it and another friend of mine is as well so if we find a handful we could get a match I think

Regarding AvP demo... You can have 8 in your party, and 8 is required to start a match, however you can't start a match with 8 people in your party. For whatever reason you need to have at least one public person.

Took me forever to download the AvP demo and no one is playing it. I can't find any games. :bomb:

[quote name='Blackout']Took me forever to download the AvP demo and no one is playing it. I can't find any games. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Same, its really frustrating.

Anyone try online for strikeforce? From the description, it said it was a multi and single
player demo.

Strikeforce is meh. It's still the same mashing square with occasional triangle or circle.

Tried to do AvP, but unable to find games.

Fret is meh. Definitely wouldn't pay full price for it. I don't even think I would waste a gameshare for it.

Battlefield... hmm, it's a great game and all... Maybe it's just me, but all EA games have that jaggy, flakey look that makes the graphics look sub par. Also, Battlefield games always feel floaty when running and shooting and getting hit almost feels nonexistant. It's hard to describe, but the same engine has been used since the initial Battlefield. It just doesn't feel "solid" at all.

bread's done
Back