What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

well if enough of you have dled the avp demo maye we could set something up so we can all finally play it. this is worse than that army of 2 demo.

[quote name='Megiddo_CAG']Trying to find a game right now, add me if any of you guys want too.[/QUOTE]

ill add you once i get this heavy rain demo finished downloading.

http://kotaku.com/5464839/want-the-heavy-rain-demo-right-now-heres-how

If you want to get the Heavy Rain demo a week early, the ARG website is offering codes now:

Sony has launched a website called "Precinct 52", an alternate reality game of sort. This ARG asks players to submit four pieces of evidence.

The four pieces of evidence are:
• Short cigarette (117b)
• Origami bird
• Coffee shop C (it says "diner")
• 117h (tyre prints)

Be care about which coffee shop you pick as there are several, and you must submit the correct one to get the code. Likewise, the writing on the "tyre tracks" is difficult to read.

Link: http://www.precinct52.com/case1117_briefing (requires signing up first before logging in)

Strikeforce on the PSP is better :\
And lol you guys are saying you can't see anyone online even though ALOT of people are saying the same thing xD. Ironic..

But it's the AVP servers. It's the same on Xbox..
And + there's alot of people online :|, it's just the loading that sucks.

--------
If anyone got a spare 48-hour xbox card, it would be great.. I don't want to call Xbox to stop my subscription anymore because it will be my 20th+ time -_-; literally :(

Meh. AVP just went from a must buy to a "I'll maybe get it when it's $20 cheaper". It's never a good sign when a game flops like this on a demo.

Just got through with 5 matches on AVP. But yeah the other day, I couldn't even get 1 match going.

Good games option and Megiddo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey quick question so the AvP demo is multiplayer only, right?

If it is I'm going to delete it from my d/l queue, I thought it was when I saw the description over on the UK store, but the US store didn't mention it anywhere that it was multiplayer only.

Also any news on Spelunker or Digger HD demos? Would like to try either or both if I could.

Anyway just in case no one knows Pixeljunk Shooter demo (55MB) in the HK store, don't remember seeing it mentioned in here (saw it at PS Lifestyle) if Frisky mentioned it, I apologize, too much stuff going on lately.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I own the PC version, and just the fact that this includes the "Lord of Plague" expansion has me considering buying it.[/QUOTE]

Update- I was going to purchase the game for $9.99, but realized it's in fact the PSP version on sale, and NOT the PS3 version. The PS3/PSN version is $14.99, and the PSP version is $9.99.

It was the PSN version on Thursday. I guess they fixed their mistake.

There are some free episodes on the Video Store (Video Store > TV Shows > Free TV):

Important Things with Demetri Martin (Season 1, Episode 1)
The Sarah Silverman Program (Season 2, Episode 7)
Kell on Earth (Season 1, Episode 1)
Naoki Urasawa's Monster (Season 1, Episode 1)

I also haven't been able to try avp yet if anyone on here is playing it please send me an invite I want to be able to actually play the darn thing!CardiffGiant11

[quote name='Wez455']Im really lovin heavy rain![/QUOTE]

I'm torn about playing the demo which I've already accessed through their "4 Days" online promotion. Part of me wants to experience what it's all about, and the other part of me wants to play it "blind" and experience it like I would watching a movie for the first time.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I'm torn about playing the demo which I've already accessed through their "4 Days" online promotion. Part of me wants to experience what it's all about, and the other part of me wants to play it "blind" and experience it like I would watching a movie for the first time.[/QUOTE]

If you already plan on buying it, why do you need to play the demo for if you don't want to spoil it for yourself?

If you need the extra push to buy it, play it then. If you already have it preordered, then I wouldn't bother. Then again, since they usually just put the first section of a game in there anyway, you won't be spoiling much to begin with.

Anyway that's what I think.

And I assume AvP is a online MP game only since no one bothered to answer my question from a few days ago... =/

[quote name='uncle5555']If you already plan on buying it, why do you need to play the demo for if you don't want to spoil it for yourself?

If you need the extra push to buy it, play it then. If you already have it preordered, then I wouldn't bother. Then again, since they usually just put the first section of a game in there anyway, you won't be spoiling much to begin with.

Anyway that's what I think.

And I assume AvP is a online MP game only since no one bothered to answer my question from a few days ago... =/[/QUOTE]

You're right. I guess subconsciously I'm thinking about the mixed reviews that are inevitable for a game like this. If it has a Metacritic score average higher than 80, I'd be shocked, and that doesn't mean it's a bad game (I've played games that I've never heard of simply based on review scores and thought to myself what in the hell were they thinking?).

Having said this, now that I've played the game, it's a no-brainer purchase. I'm just not convinced it's worth $60. I'm willing to wait for the first price drop, and possibly even until it's $40 or less. That has as much to do with the backlog I have (I've yet to finish Infamous, Uncharted 2, Batman AA, Resistance 2, and Killzone 2 just to name a few). I've even recently added more games to my backlog that I'll have a hard time getting to (Silent Hill: Homecoming, Bayonetta, and Darkstalkers- this is the only reason I'm not insta-buying Dante's Inferno or Bioshock 2).

You're right though. Demos are for those people on the fence about purchasing a game. In my case, I played the demo to find out whether I had to buy it right away or if I could wait 2, 3, or even 4 months for the game to become an afterthought (when God of War III, MLB 2010 The Show, and other Triple AAA titles come out for PS3)?

And this is coming from someone who held out for a $29.99 price on Metal Gear Solid 4 even though I knew the game was incredible (sadly, that's in my backlog too). I couldn't hold out for it to drop to $19.99, though I probably should have.

There are 2 new bundles:

Burnout Paradise Complete Downloadable Collection - $19.99 (Does not include Party Pack it seems)
Sonic Unleashed "Unleash Your Desire" Bundle - $11.99 (Saves $6)

I'm mixed on Heavy Rain. There's some good things going on as far as the story, VA, and overall presentation. However, there's some nagging issues I have with the controls (why doesn't L stick do movement? Sixaxis for the sake of Sixaxis is not immersive) and design choices (the "swirling" conversation choices just to make it more "challenging" is silly and unecessary, IMO). I'll keep my pre-order, but I'm already seeing things they might've done better, if at all.

As for the update, mostly meh, but I'll try the PSP demos for Echoshift and SOCOM.

Dirt Jockey? Really?

I mean really? All the games they have to chose from and they pick this?

Populous is not bad and Sim Theme Park is meh, but good grief...

[quote name='mtxbass1']Dirt Jockey? Really?

I mean really? All the games they have to chose from and they pick this?

Populous is not bad and Sim Theme Park is meh, but good grief...[/QUOTE]

I really think they just play lotto with the entire library, and draw numbers from a hat. It's the only way their selections make any sense.

Deals
Burnout Paradise - Complete Edition Bundle - $29.99
Burnout Paradise - Complete Downloadable Content Bundle - $19.99
Sonic Unleashed - Unleashed Your Desire Bundle - $11.99 - Expires 2/18
Valkyria Chronicles - Love Conquers All Bundle - $9.99 - Expires 2/18
Call of Duty: World at War - Map Pack Bundle - $19.99 - Temporary Sale
Trine - $9.99 - Expires 2/18
Patapon 2 - PSP - $14.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Driving Me Crazy Bundle - Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars & Full Auto 2: Battlelines - PSP - $19.99 - Expires 2/18
Set My Pulse Racing Bundle - Sonic Rivals 1 & 2 - $29.99

PS1 Classics
Dirt Jockey - $5.99 - 223 MB
Populous: The Beginning - $5.99 - 250 MB
Sim Theme Park - $5.99 - 283 MB

Demos
Heavy Rain

Add-ons
LittleBigPlanet - Valentine's Day Mini-Pack - Free
LittleBigPlanet - Chinese New Year Costume - Free
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger - Other Unlimited Characters Unlocked - $4.99
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger - Additional Character Colors (6) - $1.99 each
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger - Additional Character Colors 2 - $4.99
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger - Additional Character Colors 3 - $4.99
Dante's Inferno - Free Soul Pack - Free
Dante's Inferno - Small Soul Pack - $0.99
Dante's Inferno - Medium Soul Pack - $1.99
Dante's Inferno - Large Soul Pack - $3.99
Dark Void - Survivor Mission - $4.99
Fairytale Fights - Treasure Pack 1 - Free
NBA Live 10 - All-Star Weekend Pack - Free
Guitar Hero 5 - Breaking Benjamin Track Pack - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Guitar Hero 5 - "Until The End" by Breaking Benjamin - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "Sooner or Later" by Breaking Benjamin - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "Give Me A Sign" by Breaking Benjamin - $1.99
Rock Band - Rust in Peace Album - $14.99 - Includes the nine songs below
Rock Band - "Holy Wars... The Punishment Due" by Megadeth - $1.99
Rock Band - "Hangar 18" by Megadeth - $1.99
Rock Band - "Take No Prisoners" by Megadeth - $1.99
Rock Band - "Five Magics" by Megadeth - $1.99
Rock Band - "Poison Was the Cure" by Megadeth - $1.99
Rock Band - "Lucretia" by Megadeth - $1.99
Rock Band - "Tornado of Souls" by Megadeth - $1.99
Rock Band - "Dawn Patrol" by Megadeth - $1.99
Rock Band - "Rust in Peace... Polaris" by Megadeth - $1.99

Videos
The Tester Preview Episode
White Knight Chronicles IE Launch Trailer
Heavy Rain Gameplay Engine Trailer
After Burner Climax Announcement Network Trailer
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce HD Up Close #1 Network Trailer
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce HD Up Close #2 Network Trailer
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce HD Up Close #3 Network Trailer
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce HD Up Close #4 Network Trailer
Just Cause 2: Grapple Documentary Video
Army of Two: The 40th Day World Tour

Themes
Bioshock 2
Army of Two: The 40th Day
Dante's Inferno

Premium Themes
Flower - $2.99 - Dynamic
Wipeout HD - $2.99 - Dynamic
Trash Panic - $2.99 - Dynamic
Dita Von Teese - $1.99
Lindsay Kaye PSP 1 - $1.49
Lindsay Kaye PSP 2 - $1.49
Azmodeus Dark Angels PSP 11 - $0.99
Azmodeus Dark Angels PSP 12 - $0.99

PSP Minis
Spaceball: Revolution - $4.99 - 18 MB

PSP Demos
echoshift - 144 MB
SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3 - 234 MB

PSP Add-ons
LittleBigPlanet - Lurve Costume - Free - 824 KB
LittleBigPlanet - Lurve theme Level Pack - $2.99 - 1.1 MB

I should add that I'm happy to see more Dynamic Themes up in the store, although there are only a couple I'd be really interested in. I do wish there was a way to preview the themes like you can with the wallpapers, but I guess that's just more costly dev time that's not worth doing? I dunno, if Dynamic Themes were that much of a PITA/money sink, then what was the point beyond a "hey look at what PS3 can do"--would've been better just to concentrate on what can be delivered via PSN if that was the case...

[quote name='gunm']I should add that I'm happy to see more Dynamic Themes up in the store, although there are only a couple I'd be really interested in. I do wish there was a way to preview the themes like you can with the wallpapers, but I guess that's just more costly dev time that's not worth doing? I dunno, if Dynamic Themes were that much of a PITA/money sink, then what was the point beyond a "hey look at what PS3 can do"--would've been better just to concentrate on what can be delivered via PSN if that was the case...[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure what you're seeing, but I just checked the last few that have gone up and all of them have either a video or screens of what it looks like.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Thanks. Updated the OP.

Might have to get that since it's much easier to play co-op on the PS3 than the PC for me.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. Have it for PC, and there's nowhere near the co-op experience that playing it on PS3 will give me. It'll be a blast (though the reviews I've read state that playing co-op makes the game "unnecessarily hard") playing it with my two nephews.

The Aliens vs Predator demo's been fixed, but it'll require a redownload of the new demo:

How do you know if you’re playing on the old demo?

On the new demo, you will see on the main screen that you can now create and browse for games. If you do not see this, you are playing on the old demo so please download the new version from PlayStation Network.

If you are playing with the old demo and you are invited by / try to invite someone playing on the new demo, the following message will be displayed: "Incompatible Version." Please see the image below for an example of this error message.

bd3d0c1c.jpg

If you see this message, please download the new version of the demo from PlayStation Network.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm not sure what you're seeing, but I just checked the last few that have gone up and all of them have either a video or screens of what it looks like.[/QUOTE]

Last I looked, there was only a "Buy Now" and "Add to Cart" button. Good to know there's previews now.

[quote name='vherub']so the burnout complete edition for $30 has game and all dlc
but the complete dlc bundle for $20 does not have all the dlc?[/QUOTE]

I wish the DLC bundle would've come out a while ago. I already have big surf Island, i would've loved to have only payed $20 for all the DLC

[quote name='gunm']Last I looked, there was only a "Buy Now" and "Add to Cart" button. Good to know there's previews now.[/QUOTE]
They've had them for a while now.

LittleBigPlanet - Valentine's Day Mini-Pack - Free

This is showing up as 2.99 for me. The other outfit is free though. Was this free earlier today?

[quote name='Britshady']LittleBigPlanet - Valentine's Day Mini-Pack - Free

This is showing up as 2.99 for me. The other outfit is free though. Was this free earlier today?[/QUOTE]

It is a mistake here. It is really $2.99 on the PSN network. It has always been $2.99 since 5PM PST last night when I checked.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']flOw is apparently free to download right now, so get on the PS Store and download it right now if you like free stuff.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. DL'ing now.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']flOw is apparently free to download right now, so get on the PS Store and download it right now if you like free stuff.[/QUOTE]
awesome...good time for me to be fartin around in this forum!!

Thank you. :applause:

Awesome! Count me in.

bread's done
Back