What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

Just a followup on the Juggernaut DLC thing, just to let people know... the PSN DLC I downloaded did actually work, it was not a free compatibility patch so that you can play with the players who have Juggernaut but the Juggernaut Add-on itself. I also did email Gamestop for the code, but they haven't gotten it to me yet. So it turns out it was a good thing I jumped on it when it was available, so that I could use Juggernaut in my game last night. The reason why I did download it in the first place was that Gamestop had added the caveat "while supplies last". And so it's like I went ahead and put a $2 insurance policy out for the Add-on.

Anyways, so I may end up with an additional download code as a result, however. Would anybody be interested in reimbursing my download fee for this Add-on? :D

[quote name='fatez']^^ what exactly is that? its so trippy...[/QUOTE]
I could be wrong but; from what I remember reading it's a visualization in a sense. Yes it's a demoscene, but I think you can play music off your XMB and the _____ (whatever you wanna call IT) will react/move to the music. Again I could be wrong. Does it have trophies like linger?

How many people foresee a bundle price for the complete Fallout DLC??? At $10 a pop and $60 for GOTY, I just think they would announce some bundle before people buy each pack off PSN at $10 only to be pissed off a few weeks later.

[quote name='rickshankshaw']Pinball coming this week I think.[/QUOTE]??? Zen pinball boards??? Didn't hear anything about a new pinball game.

note: Sorry bout the double post I'll :applause:myself for the :newbie: :error:

[quote name='shadowkast']??? Zen pinball boards??? Didn't hear anything about a new pinball game.

note: Sorry bout the double post I'll :applause:myself for the :newbie: :error:[/QUOTE]
I think he's referring to the Pinball Hall of Fame game, which isn't a PSN game.

[quote name='shadowkast']I could be wrong but; from what I remember reading it's a visualization in a sense. Yes it's a demoscene, but I think you can play music off your XMB and the _____ (whatever you wanna call IT) will react/move to the music. Again I could be wrong. Does it have trophies like linger?[/QUOTE]

No you are right. I had posted and updated some info in THIS thread. And yes it does have trophies last I heard.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/17/fallout-3-goty-edition-ps3-dlc-dated/

Bethesda assured us that the Fallout 3 downloadable content packs for PS3 would be available starting at the "end of September," and, as promised, Broken Steel will be up on September 24. It'll be followed by Operation Anchorage and The Pitt on October 1, and Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta on October 8. Today, the publisher released an update for Fallout 3 to add trophy support for these DLC packs. In just a few weeks, PS3 owners will be totally caught up with Xbox gamers! Except, of course, for the ... many hours of gameplay required to complete any of these packs.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I think he's referring to the Pinball Hall of Fame game, which isn't a PSN game.[/QUOTE]

It's a retail game? Who the fuck makes a retail Pinball game? Crave? Goddamn it! Make GOOD GAMES!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's supposed to be really good according to the people that played the PS2, PSP, and Wii versions.[/QUOTE]

Which would make it perfect for PSN.

Who is the market for a retail Pinball game?

[quote name='rickshankshaw']Which would make it perfect for PSN.

Who is the market for a retail Pinball game?[/QUOTE]

It's one of the best pinball games out there. There is a market for this. I know I'll be buying it the day it comes out.

Sales
Novastrike - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Unbound Saga - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

Games

Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos - $9.99
Switchball - $9.99

PS1 Classics
Final Fantasy Tactics - $9.99 - 214 MB
Tomb Raider III - $5.99 - 366 MB

Demos
Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Demo - Pre-Orders Only
Brutal Legend - Pre-Orders Only
NBA Live 10
FIFA 10

Add-ons
Batman: Arkham Asylum - Insane Night Challenge Map Pack - Free
Guitar Hero 5 - AFI Track Pack - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Guitar Hero 5 - "Beautiful Thieves" by AFI - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "Girls Not Grey" by AFI - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "The Missing Frame" by AFI - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "Somewhere in the World it's Midnight" by Street Sweeper Social Club - $1.99
Rock Band - Anvil Pack 1 - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Rock Band - "666" by Anvil - $1.99
Rock Band - "Metal On Metal" by Anvil - $1.99
Rock Band - "This is Thirteen" by Anvil - $1.99
Rock Band - "Hand Me Down World" by The Guess Who - $1.99
Rock Band - "No Time" by The Guess Who - $1.99
Rock Band - "Pick Me Up" by Dinosaur Jr. - $1.99
Rock Band - "The Wagon" by Dinosaur Jr. - $1.99
Rock Band - "Rock Your Socks" by Tenacious D - $1.99
Rock Band - "Tribute" by Tenacious D - $1.99

Videos
Demon's Souls Premiere Trailer
FIFA Soccer 10: Official Trailer
GT PSP Creator Interview
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 E3 Trailer
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 NYCC Trailer
Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Vignette AC130
NBA 2K10 Teaser Trailer 1
Need for Speed Shift: Drift in Shift Video
Need for Speed Shift: Exclusive Driver Profile Feature Video
Welcome to Need for Speed Shift Video

Premium Themes
The Godfather PSP - $1.49
My Bloody Valentine PSP - $1.49
Transporter 3 PSP - $1.49
Star Trek: Dual - $3.99
Star Trek: Dual PSP - $2.99
Star Trek: Terran Empire - $1.99
Star Trek: Terran Empire PSP - $1.99
Star Trek: The Original Series - $1.99
Star Trek: The Original Series PSP - $1.99
Bloody Escape - $1.49
Ghost Skulls - $1.49
Natasha Yi - $1.99
A Pirate's Booty - $1.99
Light and Shadows - $1.99

Themes
Batman: Arkham Asylum Joker
Katamari Forever and Noby Noby Boy Final

Wallpaper
Fat Princess

PSP Games
State Shift - $9.99 - 106 MB

PSP Add-ons
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce - Additional Quests 5 - Free
Rock Band Unplugged - "Back From The Dead" by Spinal Tap - $1.99
Rock Band Unplugged - "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence - $1.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rickshankshaw']Which would make it perfect for PSN.

Who is the market for a retail Pinball game?[/QUOTE]Me. Getting that later this month.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I own it on PS1 and PSP and have only gotten about two missions into the game. :lol:[/QUOTE]That's as far as I've ever gotten too. :)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I own it on PS1 and PSP and have only gotten about two missions into the game. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Same here... it's a fun game but it really takes some work to get anywhere.

[quote name='Logain8955']Anyone know what version of FFT went up? Is it the PS1 version or does it have any of the PSP enhancements?[/QUOTE]
It's the PS1 version, as it would be under PSP Games if it were the PSP version.

The Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 demo was a lot more impressive the demo that was put out for NG2 on the Xbox 360, especially with a lot of unlockables that can be opened up.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']i'm with you there frisky, though I did mainly play it to test out the boob jiggle.[/QUOTE]
And what do your test results indicate?

[quote name='shadowkast']so where'd the switchballl come from?? any good word on it?[/QUOTE]
It's an old XBLA/PC game that looks like Marble Blast Ultra from the few screenshots I've seen.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I own it on PS1 and PSP and have only gotten about two missions into the game. :lol:[/QUOTE]
You should definitely put it at the top of your list, it's a must play.

Edit: I did play Switchball demo on 360 long time ago and it was actually pretty fun, above avg imo. I liked it more than marble blast demo.
Metacritics:
Unbound Saga 59 (7 reviews)
Novastrike 49 (9 reviews)
Switchball 78 360 ver
Interpol 45 360 ver

Here's a post someone did on Kotaku that I can wholeheartedly agree with:

"That said, FF Tactics has one of, if not THE best story in a Final Fantasy game ever. It mixes politics, religion and mysticism with such skill that even though I'm partial to FF6, FF Tactics just might win the gold."

That and some top notch gameplay.

[quote name='dallow']That's as far as I've ever gotten too. :)[/QUOTE]

It takes until about the end of chapter 1 , beginning of Chapter 2 for the game to really get going , which can be kinda bad since chapter 1 tends to take a while (especially since it's the most grind intensive chapter IMO) but once the game gets going its great. One of my favorite RPGs ever , and one that I've played and beaten tons of times (with numerous different fun custom teams). If it wasn't for the fact that I have the PSP version now , I'd jump on the PS1 version for sure. I might still end up getting it though if I could gameshare it with someone.

Final Fantasy Tactics is easily one of my top 5 favorite games ever, no strategy rpg has hooked me quite like this game did, and I've played tons of games in the genre since it's original release. I have the PSP version and the original PS1 disc, but I'll probably end up downloading this one too just to have it ready to go.

My only major gripe with the PSP release was the slowdown during special attack and spell animations, but the beautiful cutscenes and a better translation were worth it to me. Although I do love the original awkward translation too :lol:

I remember the huge string of quests/battles to get Cloud in FF:Tactics. This was way back in middle/high school. Good times.

[quote name='mis0']I remember the huge string of quests/battles to get Cloud in FF:Tactics. This was way back in middle/high school. Good times.[/QUOTE]

Yeah , especially because after all the work you went through to get him and he wasn't even that good , since you got him so late in the game , unless you built him up to like level 70 or so. His limit breaks were cool , but took too long to use and usually weren't strong enough. The quest for him itself was kinda fun though.

Agree with you 100% Rolento, my passion for the FF series pretty much ended with FFT. Not to say the series didn't have any good games after that, but nothing has ever gripped me on a story and gameplay level quite like that game did. Seriously, it's the only RPG where I loved random battles and grinding just because the gameplay was so fun.

[quote name='dmunkee']Agree with you 100% Rolento, my passion for the FF series pretty much ended with FFT. Not to say the series didn't have any good games after that, but nothing has ever gripped me on a story and gameplay level quite like that game did. Seriously, it's the only RPG where I loved random battles and grinding just because the gameplay was so fun.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I will say though that Crisis Core is damn good... not the top FF game but up there for me.

bread's done
Back