What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

[quote name='uncle5555']Yeah, that's true, but what I meant was their woeful E3 coverage, if it wasn't something that had a BIG name attached it seemed to be IGN-ored (heh, ;)) The only DL-able game that got any real press was BCR 2, otherwise some of the other ones I'm more interested were totally brushed off, dunno why, same with the new Parasite Eve game, didn't see any local coverage, I had to go to a German game site to see the E3 trailer :roll: which looked really good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I went to gametrailers and couldn't find anything about Parasite Eve. You have to google it to find it on gametrailers (search for parasite eve site:gametrailers.com); and the video they do have is from 2008. I've never played any of those games (heard of them but don't know what they are). Strange nobody has anything about it.

The PlayStation Plus post on the PS Blog has confirmed that there will be more retail games coming to the store for everyone to download, starting with Infamous next week. It should be $29.99 to match its GH pricing.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The PlayStation Plus post on the PS Blog has confirmed that there will be more retail games coming to the store for everyone to download, starting with Infamous next week. It should be $29.99 to match its GH pricing.[/QUOTE]

Guess it's nice for those with big HDD's, my 60GB won't handle stuff like that, and as of right now I don't see the reason to get a non-disc based version of a disc based game. (I even got R&C Quest for Booty on Blu-ray)

(I guess Sony is testing the waters with moving over to Digital Distribution on a wider scale on PSN, since they are on what...4 full retail releases that I'm currently thinking of, that are available on disc format. That Aksys game, Record of Agarest War, Burnout Paradise, Infamous and Battle Fantasia)

(Two were X360 disc exclusive titles, yes I know, but still they were released on disc format this is the point I'm making)

Another thing for me is bandwidth constraints which make it a no-go. And lastly if someone does a MGS4 and makes a 52GB game, I mean come on, who the heck is going to D/L that and keep it on the HDD, or redownload it if they decide to play it again...not saying it's not a amicable attempt, but, not something for massive sized games like this.

I'll take a wait and see on this. ;)

[quote name='uncle5555'](I guess Sony is testing the waters with moving over to Digital Distribution on a wider scale on PSN, since they are on what...4 full retail releases that I'm currently thinking of, that are available on disc format. That Aksys game, Record of Agarest War, Burnout Paradise, Infamous and Battle Fantasia)[/QUOTE]
Warhawk, GT5 Prologue, and SOCOM Confrontation were the first retail games on PSN along with NFL Head Coach 09.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Warhawk, GT5 Prologue, and SOCOM Confrontation were the first retail games on PSN along with NFL Head Coach 09.[/QUOTE]

Yeah forgot about those, shouldn't have, especially since 2 of 'em are GH titles. :lol:

Still, I'm surprised they are trying games that weren't designed from scratch to be D/L only and are putting them online.

By soon I mean a few months, we all know how long it takes for these games to come after they're announced! Anyways what I read was that it was coming to JA soon and that SE games usually come to USA about 2 months after JA (at least the recent ones). I don't use the JA site so I just took that information at their word.

[quote name='J7.']By soon I mean a few months, we all know how long it takes for these games to come after they're announced! Anyways what I read was that it was coming to JA soon and that SE games usually come to USA about 2 months after JA (at least the recent ones). I don't use the JA site so I just took that information at their word.[/QUOTE]

Then maybe they can get a move on with getting Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve 1/2, Brave Fencer Musashi, Einhander, (most of these are on the JPN and HK stores) and a few of their other games that just happen to be available elsewhere...

(Hopefully PSN+ changes some of this, cause I don't see people being happy about spending $50 a year to get 4x4 evolution or whatever it was called, or some other lame titles published by ASC Games or some other unknown/dead 3rd party publisher)

Speaking of which why hasn't Sony started an import section for PS1 games that don't have a localized version yet, the HK store releases JPN-only PS1 releases, so why not the US store?

There is a lot of cool shmups and stuff I might grab if available, plus we still don't have TG-16 games (JPN only), I mean what are they waiting for exactly? Nintendo doesn't seem to have a problem releasing untranslated games (on VC), so what's their beef?

[quote name='uncle5555']Speaking of which why hasn't Sony started an import section for PS1 games that don't have a localized version yet, the HK store releases JPN-only PS1 releases, so why not the US store?

There is a lot of cool shmups and stuff I might grab if available, plus we still don't have TG-16 games (JPN only), I mean what are they waiting for exactly? Nintendo doesn't seem to have a problem releasing untranslated games (on VC), so what's their beef?[/QUOTE]

Funny you should say that..........

http://www.destructoid.com/monkeypaw-games-bringing-more-psone-classics-177531.phtml

[quote name='uncle5555']Then maybe they can get a move on with getting Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve 1/2, Brave Fencer Musashi, Einhander, (most of these are on the JPN and HK stores) and a few of their other games that just happen to be available elsewhere...[/QUOTE]
Get on Twitter and complain to their twitter account since that seems to be the only way they make decisions on bringing PS1 games to PSN now.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Get on Twitter and complain to their twitter account since that seems to be the only way they make decisions on bringing PS1 games to PSN now.[/QUOTE]

I would, but 1.) I don't use Twitter, and 2.) More importantly I own them all on disc. ;) (All sitting 2 feet behind me in fact)

So it's their loss if they don't like free money from other people, I'd just like for others to experience some of these awesome games too. Kinda surprised they don't do it like south park and cut a head off a chicken to choose what game is coming out next. :roll: (which is probably exactly what they do, either that or blindfold a monkey and have him throw darts at a board with names on it)

I hear what you're saying Frisky, I just don't have enough righteous indignation to fight that fight.

(Plus I'd be more interested in really obscure stuff anyway, and again I own a lot of that already too...;))

That story about Monkeypaw Games is intriguing, but I wonder exactly how much he'll be able to release, in what time span, etc. And without titles to judge what kind of quality they're talking about then. He mentioned Snatcher and Policenauts (which I own too, see a trend here) but frankly stuff like those two would need some localization done (I know Snatcher is already localized) but it would be cool to get SD-Snatcher as well maybe in a comp thing, who knows, we all have pipe dreams on what we'd LIKE to SEE.

I'm more confused as to Sony's take on holding off some of these games, I mean what purpose is that serving? I can't think of any logical explanation...?

It seems like Square Enix just doesn't really care about bringing any of the games they could bring to PSN or over from the Japanese PSN unless they see a lot of people clamoring for it.

[quote name='mtxbass1']*Grabs popcorn and awaits the latest cheapest rant about how this is something he'll never use and blah blah blah, same song and dance.*[/QUOTE]

lmao someone said about the same thing in the firmware thread lol.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You're in the wrong thread for that, mtx.[/QUOTE]

Oh, it won't matter. We'll hear about it no matter what the title of the thread is. It could be a thread about PSN+, firmware, or the trade in value of a game.

That being said, I'm still waiting on Sony to put a sale on Military Madness. Maybe this week will be the week...

[quote name='mtxbass1']Oh, it won't matter. We'll hear about it no matter what the title of the thread is. It could be a thread about PSN+, firmware, or the trade in value of a game.

That being said, I'm still waiting on Sony to put a sale on Military Madness. Maybe this week will be the week...[/QUOTE]
Except his order of operations dictates that threads with the word "firmware" in the title are first for dispensing of 'the message.'

Edit: Risk Factions is an XBLA exclusive, from what I can tell.

If you update your firmware now, the PlayStation Plus part of the store is already up now with subscription options and the available content as a teaser for non-subscribers. It doesn't seem like this is the full offering, so it could have more to download when the update happens tomorrow.

Subscription Options
3 Month Package - $17.99
1 Year Package (Plus 3 Bonus Months) - $49.99

Deals
Fat Princess - Fat Roles Expansion - $3.99
Rampage - $2.50
Mortal Kombat II - $2.50
Gauntlet II - $2.50
Rampart - $2.50
Cuboid - $7.99
Hamster Ball - $7.99
Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos - $7.99
Magic Orbz - $7.99
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - $7.99
Smash Cars - $11.99
Wakeboarding HD - $11.99

Games
Rally Cross (PS3/PSP) - 103 MB
Age of Zombies (PS3/PSP) - 21 MB
Infamous (PS3) - 6.88 GB - Free Trial - $29.99 to purchase
Wipeout HD (PS3) - 1.04 GB

Add-ons
Warhawk - Fallen Star Pack
Cuboid - Booster Pack
Cuboid - Bundle Pack
Cuboid - Level Editor
Magic Orbz - Booster Pack
Magic Orbz - Jungle Pack
Magic Orbz - Winter Pack
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - Booster Pack
Smash Cars - Virus Run

Themes
Collision

Fat Princess (2)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Fat Princess DLC ($4.99) and Infamous ($29.99) are both up in the New Releases section for everybody to buy now if you want either. You can also rate games now, though only those that you own. The rest of the update should happen tomorrow.

[quote name='shadowkast']alright then....who's gonna be the guinea pigs and see if psn+ is shareable?!?[/QUOTE]

I love PSN, but I'm guessing no! This seems like an effort to get any $ they can out of us. I'm passing on the first edition of this, and if the PSN Europe site is correct, there's another Playstation Plus update coming in two weeks (August 13th). Depending on what that brings, I may subscribe. Otherwise, I'll take a wait and see approach until they offer me something I'm interested in (even if I lose out on the 3 Months Free offer for a year).

I definitely didn't see Infamous being on PSN coming.

Them putting the Plus logo on add-ons is going to confuse a lot of people, especially since they can be bought by everyone. I'm sure a lot of people will just pass them over like they can't buy it.

I'm a little interested in Infamous. I rented it and didn't like it enough to buy it. But I wouldn't mind playing through it.

[quote name='jh6269']I'm a little interested in Infamous. I rented it and didn't like it enough to buy it. But I wouldn't mind playing through it.[/QUOTE]
You can probably get it cheaper if you bought the Blu Ray version used.

Does anyone know the answer to this? I notice that the + subscription have discount on some purchases. So if you do purchase with +, do you get to keep these after the subscription ends or do you have to remain subscribed to use them? I understand that the free stuff you would lose but how about the stuff you pay for at the small discount?

Deals
FIFA 10 - FIFA Ultimate Team - $2.49 - Temporary Sale
LocoRoco: Midnight Carnival - PSP - $7.49 - Permanent Price Drop
Rock Band - "Don't Let Me Down (Slowly)" by The Main Drag - $0.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Stacker - $6.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Trine - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Section 8 - $14.99 - Temporary Sale
Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing - Add On Bundle - $6.49 - Expires July 6
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Metal Sonic + 1 Death Egg Zone Track - $5.49 - Expires July 6
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing – Ryo with Forklift Character - $3.49 - Expires July 6
Sonic The Hedgehog - Very Hard Shadow Missions - $1.49 - Expires July 6
Sonic The Hedgehog - Very Hard Silver Missions - $1.49 - Expires July 6
Sonic The Hedgehog - Very Hard Sonic Missions - $1.49 - Expires July 6
Sonic Unleashed - Apatos & Shamar Adventure Pack - $1.99 - Expires July 6
Sonic Unleashed - Chun-Nan Adventure Pack - $1.99 - Expires July 6
Sonic Unleashed - Empire City & Adabat Adventure Pack - $1.99 - Expires July 6
Sonic Unleashed - Holoska Adventure Pack - $1.99 - Expires July 6
Sonic Unleashed - Mazuri Adventure Pack - $1.99 - Expires July 6
Sonic Unleashed - Spagonia Adventure Pack - $1.99 - Expires July 6
Sonic Unleashed - Add-on Bundle - $8.99 - Expires July 6
Sonic Rivals - PSP - $10.99 - Expires July 6
Sonic Rivals 2 - PSP - $13.99 - Expires July 6
Sonic Rivals & 2 Bundle - PSP - $17.99 - Expires July 6
Blue Toad Murder Files - Episode 1 - $1.49 - Temporary Sale
Blue Toad Murder Files - Episodes 2-6 Upgrade - $25.49 - Temporary Sale
Blue Toad Murder Files - Episodes 1-6 Bundle - $26.99
Warhawk - Fallen Star Pack - $1.99 - Temporary Sale
LocoRoco: Midnight Carnival Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Guide, DLC, and Game

Games
Infamous - $29.99

Demos
Lego Harry Potter

Add-ons
Fat Princess - Fat Roles - $4.99
PAIN - Sergeant Jay Character - $0.99
DJ Hero - Dance Party Mix Pack - $7.99
Super Street Fighter IV - Super Classic Costume Pack - $3.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 - Waialae CC - $9.99
Trinity Universe - Healing Idol Pack - $0.99
Trinity Universe - Kanata's Adventure Pack - Free
Trinity Universe - Monsters Souls Pack - Free
Trinity Universe - Their Voices Pack - $1.99
Trinity Universe - Universal Beauty Pack - $1.99
Guitar Hero - Pop Track Pack 1 - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Guitar Hero - "Fireflies" by Owl City - $1.99
Guitar Hero - "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga - $1.99
Guitar Hero - "This Love" by Maroon 5 - $1.99
Rock Band - Nickelback Pack 1 - $9.99 - Includes the six songs below
Rock Band - "Burn It To The Ground" by Nickelback - $1.99
Rock Band - "Figured You Out" by Nickelback - $1.99
Rock Band - "Never Again" by Nickelback - $1.99
Rock Band - "Photograph" by Nickelback - $1.99
Rock Band - "Rockstar" by Nickelback - $1.99
Rock Band - "This Afternoon" by Nickelback - $1.99
Rock Band - "American Dream" by Silverstein - $1.99
Rock Band - "Battle Royale" by The Word Alive - $1.99
Rock Band - "Kick Some Ass '09'" by Stroke 9 - $1.99
Rock Band - "Sick" by Bif Naked - $1.99
Rock Band - "Undone" by All That Remains - $1.99
PlayStation Home - PlayStation Home Starter Pack - $4.99

Videos
Backbreaker Trailer
Singularity Cause and Affect Trailer
Voodoo Dice Launch Trailer
MAG Interdiction Mission Pack Trailer
ModNation Racers PSP Launch Trailer

Final Fight: Double Impact - $0.49
Mega Man 10 - $0.49
Super Street Fighter IV (5) - $0.49

Premium Themes
Percy Jackson - $1.99
Trinity Universe 1 - $1.99
Trinity Universe 2 - $1.99
Trinity Universe 3 - $1.99
Trinity Universe 4 - $1.99
Modnation Racers - $2.99 - Dynamic
Terran Marines - $1.99
Terran 3020 - $1.99

Wallpaper
Fat Princess

Guides
LocoRoco: Midnight Carnival - $1.99

PSP Games
Midway Arcade Treasures Extended Play - $9.99 - 448 MB
Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip - $19.99 - 1.05 GB
Bejeweled 2 - $9.99 - 57 MB

PSP Minis
Mahjonng Solitaire - $2.99 - 8.84 MB
Arcade Darts - $3.99 - 23 MB
Stellar Attack - $4.49 - 34 MB
Egypt Engineering An Empire - $3.99 - 21 MB
Hello Flowerz! - $4.99 - 14 MB

PSP Add-ons
LittleBigPlanet - Fantasy Level Kit - Free

Subscription Options
3 Month Package - $17.99
1 Year Package (Plus 3 Bonus Months) - $49.99

Deals
Fat Princess - Fat Roles Expansion - $3.99
Rampage - $2.50
Mortal Kombat II - $2.50
Gauntlet II - $2.50
Rampart - $2.50
Cuboid - $7.99
Hamster Ball - $7.99
Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos - $7.99
Magic Orbz - $7.99
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - $7.99
Smash Cars - $11.99
Wakeboarding HD - $11.99

Games
Rally Cross (PS3/PSP) - 103 MB
Age of Zombies (PS3/PSP) - 21 MB
Infamous (PS3) - 6.88 GB - Free Trial - $29.99 to purchase
Wipeout HD (PS3) - 1.04 GB

Add-ons
Warhawk - Fallen Star Pack
Cuboid - Booster Pack
Cuboid - Bundle Pack
Cuboid - Level Editor
Magic Orbz - Booster Pack
Magic Orbz - Jungle Pack
Magic Orbz - Winter Pack
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - Booster Pack
Smash Cars - Virus Run

Themes
Collision

Fat Princess (2)

[quote name='fatez']Does anyone know the answer to this? I notice that the + subscription have discount on some purchases. So if you do purchase with +, do you get to keep these after the subscription ends or do you have to remain subscribed to use them? I understand that the free stuff you would lose but how about the stuff you pay for at the small discount?[/QUOTE]
From the OP of the PS+ Thread:
PlayStation Plus subscribers will also be given exclusive PlayStation Store discounts each month that are above and beyond the current PSN Store discounts available to everyone. These discounts will range from 20% to 50%, and anything you buy with these is yours to keep and enjoy forever.

Whatever you buy you get to keep even If you don't have plus no more. Its the free game you can't use If you don't have plus anymore or at least that's what it said on Wipeout-HD.

[quote name='smiggity']Gameshared Infamous is only 6 bucks. Cant beat that[/QUOTE]
Yeah that works. :)

As for this week, the only thing that interests me is the new Hot Shots Tennis on PSP, and I rather buy that on UMD. Forgot about Lego Harry Potter also. Anyone subscribe to PSN+ yet?

Being the huge Baseball fan that I am, I'd love to see them offer access to MLB.TV free as part of the Playstation Plus subscription. I'd buy it tomorrow if that was the case! If XBox 360 can offer ESPN, why couldn't PS3 counter with this?

It'd be like getting PS Plus for free (MLB.TV costs $19.95 a month by itself, or $109.95 for the entire season).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They're not going to offer a $100/$120 subscription service as part of a $50 subscription service.[/QUOTE]

True, but that doesn't mean they couldn't offer it as one of their Monthly rewards (MLB.TV free for September, etc.). Heck, I'd live with a $25-$50 discount off the package if you're a member. Something as simple as that would be the "carrot on a stick" necessary for me to subscribe. Otherwise, I may not.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']True, but that doesn't mean they couldn't offer it as one of their Monthly rewards (MLB.TV free for September, etc.). Heck, I'd live with a $25-$50 discount off the package if you're a member. Something as simple as that would be the "carrot on a stick" necessary for me to subscribe. Otherwise, I may not.[/QUOTE]
The thing is that the MLB would have to agree to it and there's very little chance of that.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The thing is that the MLB would have to agree to it and there's very little chance of that.[/QUOTE]

True again, but they apparently didn't have an issue offering access to the service for free over a weekend. What's a week, or even a month in the grand scheme of things? It's a win-win situation for them (MLB) in that they're advertising the service and getting those people who are on the fence to subscribe. Even if Sony has to subsidize it, they'll be making money due to all the people like myself who would join PSN+ simply for this.

I'm more likely than not going to pay for an entire season of the package in 2011 ($89.95 for a year using MasterCard), but being a member of CAG am always looking for the best deal I can possibly get.

I guess my overall point is that PSN+ has to offer more than what it currently is to get myself and other loyal PSN customers to join their service.

bread's done
Back