Whats in the PS Store Thread: Sega Superstars Tennis and Condemned 2 demos up now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed Tony Hawk, since I've always loved them.

But I won't be buying this one. I need a change.
Hopefully, Skate is pretty good.

[quote name='dallow']I enjoyed Tony Hawk, since I've always loved them.

But I won't be buying this one. I need a change.
Hopefully, Skate is pretty good.[/QUOTE]

have no worries... once you go with skate it's hard to go back.

as for THPG being choppy, knowing how Neversoft programs (heck they wrote an entire article on how they program) it's streaming issues. Streaming from a HDD is quite different than from streaming off a BD/CD/DVD. That's why whenever you play demos and it has a video it usually plays choppy.

In case you guys are wondering where the SKATE demo is, EA lied to us AGAIN:

Over at the PlayStation.Blog's latest post on their Store update, many users were complaining about the lack of a Skate demo. Patrick Seybold responded to their complaints:

"Thanks for the feedback everyone. Glad you are enjoying the variety of content going up every week. I have to confirm this, but contrary to popular reports, I believe that the Skate demo was just officially submitted to us for test last week. Its obvious that many of you want it, and we’ll do our best to get it up there as soon as we can. Hold tight."

So, EA Games basically lied when they said that the demo was sent 3 weeks ago.
http://onaxis.blogspot.com/2007/09/skate-demo-truth-behind-delay.html

Konami is going to have 50 playable MGS4 booths.
I think that's a record for a single game at TGS.

Perhaps a PSN demo alongside it?
Everyone. Let's hold hands, and pray.

[quote name='dallow']Konami is going to have 50 playable MGS4 booths.

Everyone. Let's hold hands, and pray.[/QUOTE]

should I bring the prayer snakes and lizards?

JPN store is filled with new TGS trailers, and they got PixelJunk Racers.

Let me check which videos.

EDIT: forgive spelling

Imabikisou
ryu ga gotoku kenzan
gallian chronicles image movie
soul calibur iv
loco roco
dynasty warriors 5
record of agarest war
sega rally

If you only download one of the, get the Gallian Chronicles video.

FREAKING AMAZING.

[quote name='dallow']If you only download one of the, get the Gallian Chronicles video.

FREAKING AMAZING.[/QUOTE]

And how! I dunno if that's ingame, but it's jaw-droppingly beautiful.

[quote name='dallow']Konami is going to have 50 playable MGS4 booths.

Everyone. Let's hold hands, and pray.[/quote]

:drool:

[quote name='mykevermin']And how! I dunno if that's ingame, but it's jaw-droppingly beautiful.[/quote]3D cell shading has come a LONG way.

[quote name='dallow']If you only download one of the, get the Gallian Chronicles video.

FREAKING AMAZING.[/quote]

Actually it's called Valkyrie of the Battlefield. :p

Was going to set it to download before I went to work this morning since I've been waiting for a video of it at TGS but I ran out of time. Really want to see how this "Active Simulation RPG" gameplay turns out and hope they show it in the video. Obviously you could tell me but I'd rather wait and see for myself in the trailer.

Anyways, the video is also downloadable here for those who don't have a PS3 or can't get on it for a while. Left download is the higher resolution of the two links in the movie section of the site.

Hi, everyone. Just wanted to give a quick update on what’s new in the PLAYSTATION Store this week. Let’s get straight to the good stuff with four new demos:

• Skate
• NBA 08
• Sega Rally Revo
• Stuntman: Ignition

We’ve also released a new downloadable game, LocoRoco Cocoreccho!, for $6.99. In addition to several new wallpapers, we’ve also posted up some great trailers and videos – everything from GT5 Prologue to Ratchet and Clank Future to Devil May Cry.
Check ‘em out.

4 demos folks. Plus Locoroco

Game Trailers:

~ Lair: Going for the Kill
~ Lair: Promo
~ Heavenly Sword: TV AD
~ NBA 08: Free 6 Tutorial
~ Ratchet & Clank Future: ToD
~ LocoRoco: Cocoreccho
~ Folklore: Realms & Creature
~ GT5:p (LGC)
~ Devil May Cry 4

Wallpapers:

~ Lair (x2)
~ LocoRoco: Cocoreccho (x2)
~ NBA 08
~ Ratchet & Clank Future: ToD (x2)
~ Devil May Cry (x7)

[quote name='dallow']4 demos folks. Plus Locoroco[/quote]
It almost seems like Sony is trying to catch up to MS in terms of demos that are already on the 360 (which isn't a bad thing). It'd be nice to see some PS1 games get released though.

I'm going to wait to hear what y'all think of LocoRoco. It's a cute game and all, but b/w reading that it was going to be cheap/free, and that whole "it's not a game, it's a screensaver" nonsense, I've got cold feet about paying money for it.

Let me know what you think when you d/l it.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm going to wait to hear what y'all think of LocoRoco. It's a cute game and all, but b/w reading that it was going to be cheap/free, and that whole "it's not a game, it's a screensaver" nonsense, I've got cold feet about paying money for it.

Let me know what you think when you d/l it.[/quote]It's short yeah, but a lot more than you think.

And more of a "game" than Flow.

There's a large world, it's basically one super level, and sections of it are connected.
Online leaderboards as well.

locoroco_map.jpg

Want to get the game cheaper?
If you have a NON VISA credit card, make an account in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
US cards work (non visa) and LocoRoco is only $3.00 there.

Haha, love the Stuntman demo. :applause:

I left Skate downloading for a couple hours, but it stopped at like 57% and started d/l the other items in my queue. That was a little frustrating. I paused the others, now it's in the high 70s. I can't wait to play it.

[quote name='primetime']Haha, love the Stuntman demo. :applause:

I left Skate downloading for a couple hours, but it stopped at like 57% and started d/l the other items in my queue. That was a little frustrating. I paused the others, now it's in the high 70s. I can't wait to play it.[/quote]

lol, same thing happened to me.

[quote name='Decker']So what's the deal with Loco Roco? Is it like the PSP game? Is it tilt-sensitive? Is it super-short?[/QUOTE]

Well, I've put 3 30 minute play sessions in, each time unlocking more of the map. So, there's some value. You use the controller to shake to rocos from trees, fight the boss (which vaguely resembles Bust-a-move), and interact with the environment. When it doubt, shake your controller!

It's not like the PSP game at all, it's more relaxed. You gradually wake up sleeping rocos around the map. So far, you can't lose any of the little guys, you only gain rocos, as they move in patterns around the map.

Recommended for Loco fans. Others, might want to play first.

Played the Sega Rally Revo demo and it made we want to get Dirt even more. The controls were way too loose, almost Ridge Racer loose, except that RR's controls work for it and Revo's doesn't. The deforming tracks are cool though.

The NBA 08 demo wasn't bad, but it's still not on the other two's level. Though it does use the Sixaxis in an interesting way.

I didn't like Skate that definitely wasn't worth the wait. I do love the HS release trailer and the wallpapers. Probably one of Sony's better Psn updates though.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Played the Sega Rally Revo demo and it made we want to get Dirt even more. The controls were way too loose, almost Ridge Racer loose, except that RR's controls work for it and Revo's doesn't. The deforming tracks are cool though.

The NBA 08 demo wasn't bad, but it's still not on the other two's level. Though it does use the Sixaxis in an interesting way.[/quote]

SRR was crap. There's no sense of traction at all, handling is way too loose, and the cars seem to turn around a center axis.

I didn't even make it through the NBA demo. Basketball games need a revolution somehow.

Loved Skate and Stuntman though. Keep 'em comin Sony.

I enjoyed the SRR demo, actually. I've not committed to either Dirt or this one... so I'll have to try Dirt first before I make my final decision. ;)

Sega Rally's definitely more forgiving in the controls department... probably part of the reason I enjoyed it. ;) I suck at driving games that require any sort of skill. :LOL:

Dirt blows SSR out of the water. For those having control issues with SSR, switch the camera to the in car view. The control instantly becomes better.

Segay Rally feels very arcadish to me. The deformable terrain that actually affects how you drive is cool... but it feels like you are racing in porridge. Huge ruts, and greasy. Also the cotrols are hyper-sensitive.

[quote name='snowsquirrel']Segay Rally feels very arcadish to me. The deformable terrain that actually affects how you drive is cool... but it feels like you are racing in porridge. Huge ruts, and greasy. Also the cotrols are hyper-sensitive.[/quote]Yeah, it's supposed to drive that way. All Sega Rally games are arcade racers.

Never liked them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back