What's the best intro you've seen in a game?

[quote name='xdaTwiZtidWunX']RE: CV, MGS2, o and outbreak(resident evil) alos has a pretty sweet one where it shows like the rats goin trough the sewers n u could see the into to re2(when birkin gets assianted) through their eyes too.[/quote]

Assinated.....what exactley are you trying to say here?

I'll have to go with Soul Blade also on the PS1...........I used to turn that on just to watch the intro.

I remember thinking Super Street Fighter II's was cool (Ryu throwing the fireball). Also, Chrono Cross - the music totally made that intro.

I was just listening to the Final Fantasy Tactics (psx) sountrack and i remembered how much i loved watching the intro to it. It was incredibly simple visuals, mostly text, but it was the music that really sold it for me.

Britney's Dance Beat

The intro is a choreagraphed dance and it is just awe inspiring. After getting the game, and seeing that intro, I had to learn every move. playing it over and over for hours, I finally got them all down. And then, I surprised my wife by performing the complex set during our first dance at our wedding reception. stupendous.

[quote name='jdpimp']Britney's Dance Beat

The intro is a choreagraphed dance and it is just awe inspiring. After getting the game, and seeing that intro, I had to learn every move. playing it over and over for hours, I finally got them all down. And then, I surprised my wife by performing the complex set during our first dance at our wedding reception. stupendous.[/quote]

I know that's a joke, but your avatar seems oddly appropriate for this post.

Classic - Ninja Gaiden 1 on NES

2D Animated - Suikoden 3 (I gotta watch it every thime I play)

3D Animated - Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition (Seeing Terry, Billy Kane, and Geese in 3D for the first time rocked)

[quote name='Journey']I'll have to go with Soul Blade also on the PS1...........I used to turn that on just to watch the intro.[/quote]

Thank God someone else agrees with me. 8)

Soul Blade for PS1....the two Soul Calibur sequels ain't bad either.

Old school favorite: Ninja Gaiden 2 for Nintendo. BEST 8 BIT MUSIC EVER.

I personally loved the opening to Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. The panel by panel, stained glass overview of the Ocarina story was cool.
And Xenosaga had the longest intro sequence I've ever seen, if that counts.

Onimusha's intro made my jaw drop the 1st time I saw it. The music was amazing and the CG was unmatched. I have to give it to the MGS2 intro though. The music is fabulous and everything fit.

Indiana Jones on Atari 2600. There hasn't been as epic an intro ever since.

To this day, I see it and gasp at it in awe.

As for intro music, what about Secret of Mana? For an SNES game, the soundtrack was pretty great, don't ya think? When it came out, I thought it was pretty kick ass

holy bejesus, its that Quizno's sub hamster!

Three things in this world should die. Pop music, the Adkins diet.. and those hamsters for the Quizno's commercials.

[quote name='Skylander7']holy bejesus, its that Quizno's sub hamster!

Three things in this world should die. Pop music, the Adkins diet.. and those hamsters for the Quizno's commercials.[/quote]

But.. but... we love the subs.

FFVIII was awesome, the best.

But the intro that started intros, the supreme one that we all remember,

Ninja Gaiden for the NES.

[quote name='Skylander7']holy bejesus, its that Quizno's sub hamster!

Three things in this world should die. Pop music, the Adkins diet.. and those hamsters for the Quizno's commercials.[/quote]

Nooooo, those sponge monkies are the best! Those commercials are so damn catchy.

I can't believe no one's mentioned the Ryu intro from Super Street Fighter II arcade. That's got to be one of the most classic intros ever.

I can't believe Wild Arms didn't get more love than that. It was the best out there for a long time. I'll also chime in for MGS2 and Super Metroid - that was awesome back in the day.

Dave Olson
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Soul Blade for PS1....the two Soul Calibur sequels ain't bad either.

Old school favorite: Ninja Gaiden 2 for Nintendo. BEST 8 BIT MUSIC EVER.[/quote]

The first soul calibur intro sucked soul calibur 2's intro was pretty sweet but

The best of all games is still soul blade's intro and so far thats 5 votes for soul blade.

I

I'll probably think of some others later, but two that come to mind are the intros for Silent Hill and Ridge Racer Type 4. Each time I've played these games in the past (and occasionally still do), I've always sat through the intro video.

Silent Hill's intro pretty much establishes the mood for the game. I really like the opening theme, and it fits well with the video sequence. In a way, now that I think of it, it's almost like watching the videotape from "The Ring". If you remember in that movie, when Rachel watches the tape, it's basically events she encounters through her investivation. The opening of Silent Hill is like that. It used the most of the CG sequences from the game, and kind of made the intro like a preview of what you're about to go through in the game.

Even though the video quality is not very pleasing today, I still like watching the intro for R4. I like the theme song used for this game as well, and the video really kind of puts you in the mood for racing. Like you're ready to start a new day in your racing career as you start a new game.

Those two are pretty much my favorites, but I also like the intro from Chrono Cross, Parasite Eve, Gran Turismo 3, Amplitude, and a few others that I'm not thinking of now.

Good call on Parasite Eve. Wasn't that the one where everyone freezed the shower part and thought they saw a nipple? Ah, good times. LOL.

Dave Olson
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

Even though the video quality is not very pleasing today, I still like watching the intro for R4. I like the theme song used for this game as well, and the video really kind of puts you in the mood for racing. Like you're ready to start a new day in your racing career as you start a new game.

Damn, I forgot about R4. Man that game was so awesome. The intro really gets you hype to race too. Nice soundtrack on that game as well. I have to rank that right with SoulBlade.

Zone of Enders 2 gets my vote, fully explains the story while promising the much awaited showdown between the two orbital frames.

The graphics of the intro were kind of "meh", but the music that goes along with Crystal Chronicles intro is rather stirring.

[quote name='CantB76']Gotta be Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball. No competition[/quote]

I gotta admit that was a very "artistic" intro. :p

bread's done
Back