Whats the highest valued console game now?

decrot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I just saw Panzer Dragoon saga for Saturn selling for around 200 bucks on ebay and thought that was freaking ridiculous. Wondering, are there any other games that has a higher resale value than that? I want to be on the lookout for some of these ridiculously high priced games.

The rare Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt variant where both games are combined on to one NES cartridge.

That and maybe Stadium Events for the NES.

Are we talking only about games that saw actual commercial retail releases?

At any rate, as far as I am aware (and I'm pretty damned aware of these things), the most that a retail-release home console game has ever sold for, was when a copy of the Europe/PAL-region version of the Neo-Geo AES game Kizuna Encounter sold for $12,000. Only 5 copies of this version of the game game are known to exist (some counts say as many as 10, but I don't think this is accurate).

The $12,000 sale is the most recent time that a copy of the game has traded hands, as far as anyone is aware, though pretty much all known sales of it over the years have fetched north of $10,000.

The Nintendo World Championship games are worth a shitload of money, particularly the Gold Cartridges. I think the last gold cartridge sold for $15,000 and the Grey Cartridges are worth around $3,000-$4,000.

[quote name='Josef']The rare Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt variant where both games are combined on to one NES cartridge.
[/quote]

That is actually rare? I have a copy lying around somewhere, might dust it off if it's worth any value.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like it's not worth much on ebay.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Are we talking only about games that saw actual commercial retail releases?

At any rate, as far as I am aware (and I'm pretty damned aware of these things), the most that a retail-release home console game has ever sold for, was when a copy of the Europe/PAL-region version of the Neo-Geo AES game Kizuna Encounter sold for $12,000. Only 5 copies of this version of the game game are known to exist (some counts say as many as 10, but I don't think this is accurate).

The $12,000 sale is the most recent time that a copy of the game has traded hands, as far as anyone is aware, though pretty much all known sales of it over the years have fetched north of $10,000.[/quote]
Yea, im asking about commercial releases that we can get.

in general most rpg's. Not all by any means but most hold value and many are ridiculously valued.

[quote name='antlp89']That is actually rare? I have a copy lying around somewhere, might dust it off if it's worth any value.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like it's not worth much on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, it was my attempt at humor :cry:

But Stadium Events is actually worth a lot though.

[quote name='antlp89']That is actually rare? I have a copy lying around somewhere, might dust it off if it's worth any value.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like it's not worth much on ebay.[/QUOTE]

....yeah.

[quote name='decrot']Yea, im asking about commercial releases that we can get.[/QUOTE]

Well, the answer is still the PAL-region AES release of Kizuna Encounter.

[quote name='Josef']The rare Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt variant where both games are combined on to one NES cartridge.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='antlp89']That is actually rare? I have a copy lying around somewhere, might dust it off if it's worth any value.[/QUOTE]

fished-in-small.jpg

Yeah I thought it was an attempt at humor, since I have 7 copies in my NES box. But yeah most RPGs, like FF7, super mario rpg, chrono (before rerelease), and others. I don't know them all. I don't resell, just know from being on CAG, that these seem to be resold and wanted.

[quote name='Josef']Sorry, it was my attempt at humor :cry:

But Stadium Events is actually worth a lot though.[/QUOTE]

it was funny because you got his hopes up!

Keio: Flying Squadron for Sega CD sells for quite a bit, IIRC. I have one :D

Actually, a good amount of the Sega CD RPGs sell for good money. Lunar 1, 2...not sure about Popful Mail or Vay.

I know the Quest for Glory compilation/QFG V sell for a bit for PC games. The Neverhood, also.

[quote name='SuxoR']Xenogears and Final Fantasy 7 go for a lot online :/[/quote]

Especially if they are sealed, but that's pretty much a given for most, if not all, games

I've heard Earthbound for SNES with box and strategy guide will get you around $3-500 on eBay, depending on condition.

Some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head that haven't been mentioned:

These are the selling prices for a place like eBay.
Chrono Trigger - about 100 - 150 complete
Snatcher (Sega CD) - about 100-130 complete and in great condition
Suikoden 2 - about 100 or so
Valkyrie Profile - about 70
Guardian Heroes (saturn) - about 110-140
Magic Knight Rayearth (saturn) - about 70
House of the Dead (saturn) - about 90

I'm sure there are others I just can't think of.

House of the Dead for Saturn surprises me. I picked it up on a whim once on a craigslist deal in a package for like 30 bucks. I still have it sitting there trying to decide if I should sell it or not.

Snatcher for Sega CD is probably one of my favorites that I personally have.

I also have a brand new Sega CD Ram Cart laying around. The used ones that are complete seem to go for like 70 on eBay so I wonder what a new one is worth.

I've been looking to find a Flying Squadron for a while - but I try so hard to avoid paying eBay prices. I may just crack pretty soon if I get a good score somewhere else.

[quote name='Dokstarr']
I also have a brand new Sega CD Ram Cart laying around. The used ones that are complete seem to go for like 70 on eBay so I wonder what a new one is worth.

I've been looking to find a Flying Squadron for a while - but I try so hard to avoid paying eBay prices. I may just crack pretty soon if I get a good score somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

Wow, didn't know those RAM carts went for so much! Not going to give mine up (

Edit: Nevermind, looks like it's not worth much on ebay.[/quote]

Until I read the rest of the thread, I was hoping you were being sarcastic, but since you didn't reply back I'm assuming you were being serious. :lol:

Oh and my vote also goes for ET for the 2600. That game was uber rare......and uber garbage.

magical chase for the turbografx goes for a ton, at least the usa version.

the handful of people that actually own a copy would shit themselves if that game showed up on the wii shop channel.

NCAA College Basketball 2K3 for GC is definitely one of the most valuable sports games. They only printed around 5000 copies of it. Last one I saw on ebay went for over $50. I have one too that I got at a store 2 weeks ago for $2.00 :)

[quote name='Dokstarr']
Snatcher (Sega CD) - about 100-130 complete and in great condition
[/quote]

Saw this for $10 in KBToys about a decade ago and kept on walking.....UGH

Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistance LE goes for over $100. They were only made available for Gamestop preorder and thru Konami.com for a short while.

alot of people have stated alot of games with good value, but has anyone seen a commercial game beat panzer dragoon saga for 200 bucks? and thats an opened copy, can't even imagine seeing one sealed

[quote name='decrot']alot of people have stated alot of games with good value, but has anyone seen a commercial game beat panzer dragoon saga for 200 bucks? and thats an opened copy, can't even imagine seeing one sealed[/quote]

The answer hasn't changed... kizuna encounter is probably the rarest/most valuable commercial game out there. There are actually alot of commercial Neo Geo games that best Panzer Dragoon Saga but it kinda takes away from the fun of rarity articles/discussions to just keep mentioning Neo games so people usually just highlight the higher valued ones like KE. For example, my AES copy of Metal Slug 4 sold for $300, but you won't see it making any lists.

[quote name='decrot']alot of people have stated alot of games with good value, but has anyone seen a commercial game beat panzer dragoon saga for 200 bucks? and thats an opened copy, can't even imagine seeing one sealed[/QUOTE]

a sealed Contra Force was recently sold for $5000

[quote name='decrot']alot of people have stated alot of games with good value, but has anyone seen a commercial game beat panzer dragoon saga for 200 bucks? and thats an opened copy, can't even imagine seeing one sealed[/QUOTE]

Did you, or did you not see my post about Kizuna Encounter? :whistle2:s

[quote name='kube00']not with the news of it coming to psn/xbox live that value of MvsC2 will plunge...[/quote]

Now we need news that Radiant Silvergun is coming to XBL...

Oh, and regarding Subsistence LE, I pulled in $250 for a new copy on Ebay last year. One of the higher-valued games from the last 5 years for sure

[quote name='62t']a sealed Contra Force was recently sold for $5000[/QUOTE]

Please say you are kidding :D

I've seen this sell sealed before on eBay but it went for about $300 IIRC

A sealed unopened copy of Earthbound sold on Ebay recently for 1,025.01. Link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/EARTHBOUND-Supe...mZ290313422065QQcategoryZ139973QQcmdZViewItem

If the game has the words Working Designs (or made by Working Designs) on the cover then the game is rare. They made 8 different cd cover artwork for Lunar on Sega CD (I forgot which name of the Lunar game it was).

Almost anything on the Neo Geo system is VERY expensive.

Kizuna Encounter on Neo Geo. $10,000+ sale tag. Yup.

Yup.

[quote name='TahoeMax']Now we need news that Radiant Silvergun is coming to XBL...[/quote]
I REALLY hope this dosnt happen. I dont want the value of my game to drop 100 dollars

Among the new consoles, it would be the EA exclusive LE's sealed of Dead Space and Mirror's Edge, then the Bioshock LE sealed with non-broken Big Daddy tip would be the highest, then the Mass Effect LE sealed, and finally the Tales of Vesperia LE sealed.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Among the new consoles, it would be the EA exclusive LE's sealed of Dead Space and Mirror's Edge, then the Bioshock LE sealed with non-broken Big Daddy tip would be the highest, then the Mass Effect LE sealed, and finally the Tales of Vesperia LE sealed.[/QUOTE]

The Mirror's Edge one isn't really a LE though, is it? There's no special packaging that I'm aware of, so isn't it just the bag that's worth money?

Copies of Ar Tonelico 1 LE are getting up there...opened one went for 110$ on ebay the other day...I want one :( ..it's only 2 years old, if you find one in your area I would give $$ or big trade for it!! I have the LE for AT2 and want the set.

A sealed edition of the World of Warcraft Collector's Edition looks like it goes for well over 1k...Two recent ebay auctions has it going for close to 1.5k.

[quote name='kidray666']Copies of Ar Tonelico 1 LE are getting up there...opened one went for 110$ on ebay the other day...I want one :( ..it's only 2 years old, if you find one in your area I would give $$ or big trade for it!! I have the LE for AT2 and want the set.[/QUOTE]

A couple of years ago, i picked up two copies of Ar Tonelico 1 for me and my GF. My #1 buying rule: never open a Atlus and NIS title. My #2 buying rule: buy a second copy.

[quote name='decrot']I just saw Panzer Dragoon saga for Saturn selling for around 200 bucks on ebay and thought that was freaking ridiculous. Wondering, are there any other games that has a higher resale value than that? I want to be on the lookout for some of these ridiculously high priced games.[/QUOTE]

Still have my copy of Panzar Dragoon Saga. I just wish i had a working Saturn to play it on.

[quote name='Josef']The rare Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt variant where both games are combined on to one NES cartridge.

That and maybe Stadium Events for the NES.[/quote]

lol

So, no one has listed the rarest game ever, I see.

Powefest 94 is the rarest game ever made. Only one copy exists, and every now and then trades hands for around 100,000 USD. It was a special competition SNES cartridge made for the Powerfest 94 videogame competition. 33 were made, and 32 were stripped down for parts.

After that, it's the Gold Nintendo World Championships cart

And third place goes to the already mentioned uber rare neo geo cart, Kizuna Encounter. For those who do not know, the Neo Geo was a home version of SNK's extremely popular MVS arcade format. Strangely, the Kizuna Encounter carts that are MVS are rather common.

There's a lot more too, but I found out about most of them from here:

http://www.racketboy.com/guide/the-rarest-and-most-valuable-video-games

I'm not advertising the site, it's just a really good resource if you want to know what to look for when you're out hunting for games. They have very good lists of rare, overlooked, and cheap games

Here's the wikipedia article about POwerfest 94: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_PowerFest_'94

And here's a picture of the ridiculous looking cartridge:

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...+94&hl=en&sa=N&um=1&ei=hrMDSrmCGomEtgPt1cCCAg

[quote name='hopeunknown']Keio: Flying Squadron for Sega CD sells for quite a bit, IIRC. I have one :D

Actually, a good amount of the Sega CD RPGs sell for good money. Lunar 1, 2...not sure about Popful Mail or Vay.

I know the Quest for Glory compilation/QFG V sell for a bit for PC games. The Neverhood, also.[/QUOTE]

Popful Mail is getting up in price but you can't forget my favorite game "Snatcher" that gets made money online.

[quote name='rainking187']The Mirror's Edge one isn't really a LE though, is it? There's no special packaging that I'm aware of, so isn't it just the bag that's worth money?[/quote]

I'm not exactly sure. I was informed of the rarity of the Dead Space LE (which I didn't even know existed) in another thread and figured the EA special bag for Mirror's Edge (the Red one not the yellow Gamestop one) was fairly rare.

bread's done
Back