Whats your "Gaming Confession?"

My list:

I own several RPGs that I have no intention of ever playing.

I have very European tastes when it comes to games.

I converted a 32x to play PAL games.

I've never finished 90+% of the games in my collection.

My second favourite 2600 game is Journey Escape.

[quote name='Pylis']I play hentai games... and actually enjoy them.[/quote]

there there :(..i did it too..but for the love of moses tell me u downloaded em at least :p

my confession...i..i...got DOA and got aroused :'(!!!
*cries self to sleep*

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='CheapyD']I own Britney's Dance Beat and The Guy Game.[/quote]

but do you dance with britney while you're playing?[/quote]

He does the same "dance" with both games :wink:

[quote name='studio (Wombat5277)'][quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='CheapyD']I own Britney's Dance Beat and The Guy Game.[/quote]

but do you dance with britney while you're playing?[/quote]

He does the same "dance" with both games :wink:[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='joystickz']I've never participated in an OTT.[/quote]

And I just never liked any OTT's.

Also, more embarassingly, I purchased Blue Stinger and PenPen TriIceLon for the Dreamcast at launch for full price. When I got rid of them, I think I got like $1 total for the two.

[quote name='Rig']I will never let any of my friends borrow any of my CD/DVD based games, because I am very anal about my pristine collection.[/quote]

I have a "safe" list of people who can borrow games/DVDs from me. Off the top of my head, there's 3 people on that list. My sister and my parents didn't quite make the cut, though.

- I never beat Contra 1 without the 30 men code
- I played Ultima Exodus all the time when I was young but never got anywhere in it

*** FF7 SPOILER ***

- I teared up pretty bad when Aeris died

I played and enjoyed Quest 64. Twice.
I hate Adventure of Link.
I've never completed Super Metroid.
I don't really enjoy multiplayer games.

I bought the import hello kitty dance game and beat it. It was for my girlfriend although she only watched me play it. It was a CD-R in chinatown.

[quote name='evilmax17']I paid $50 for KOF: Maxmimum Impact, and I cry every night.[/quote]

..How is that possible when MSRP was $39.99?

Oh, here's another one. When the person (don't want to spoil it) died in MGS2, I got pissed off. Then it showed them walking down the hall, and I was all like "Hell yeah.. someone's bout to die."

Wind Waker was the first Zelda game I played. And I'm 33, so I was around for the others. No idea why.

(I loved WW though.)

-I enjoyed Battle Monsters on the Saturn.

-I spent about $7 so I could say I beat Captain America and the Avengers in the arcade.

-I think Viewtiful Joe is crap.

And the big one...:

-I wrote the only walkthrough/FAQ for Silverload, the PSOne graphic 'adventure.' It's still on GameFAQs. Go ahead. Read it. I dare you.

[quote name='Kayden']I've used my PS2 controller's rumble feature during intercourse[/quote]

Holy crap. Dude, buy a vibrator - they aren't that expensive. Now I'm always gonna kinda wonder when I play a friend's video game system... :puke:

I'm so freaking anal about the games I buy, they MUST be in perfect condition, I also refuse to loan out my games to even my closest friends.

But on a bigger note I'm a CAG now so I feel like a true cheap ass at times, no one else I know can quite relate :(

I also bought Half-Life 2 when it came out and have yet to start HL2.

The worst gaming purchase I have ever made was Star Wars Galaxies for 49.99 which to this very day I still can't trade or resell.

God I keep thinking of more !
I've been around the block so many times, on certain days I'd rather play games than have sex.

Paid full price $49.99 for DOA: Beach Volleyball for my girlrfriend to play on Xbox. She played about 3 hours over the span of 2 days and then decided she did have to play it again ever.

I once used a character I made in the Sims seduce my friends character just to piss him off. They were both male.

I think Metal Gear Solid 2 is probably the best game ever made, right up there with Street Fighter II and Super Metroid. I do not think I have beaten any game more times than that one. I also own both the Substance and Sons of Liberty guide and have all three versions of Substance.

I own almost every Zelda game and have never beaten any of them (collected all fragments of Triforce in WW, got to the 6 dungeon in the Dark World in LttP, and am about halfway through OoT and Zelda II)

[quote name='Backlash'][quote name='Kayden']I've used my PS2 controller's rumble feature during intercourse[/quote]

Holy crap. Dude, buy a vibrator - they aren't that expensive. Now I'm always gonna kinda wonder when I play a friend's video game system... :puke:[/quote]

Heh... my gf has one... but I was playing a game and she wanted attention NOW! :twisted:

[quote name='Richlough']I bought PGR & Shrek on Xbox launch day . Yeah that's right , not the almighty Halo . :lol: I also hate Halo and have the Ltd Ed. Xbox :cool:[/quote]

I also bought PGR on launch day along with my Xbox. I didn't get Halo until 6 months later in May 2002 -- same day I bought Harry Potter on DVD.

Wow, 2 H's! :lol:

-When Shaq Fu came out me, my brother, and our Uncle played it for about 8 hours straight while listening to the soundtrack.

-I used to "accidentaly" knock the SNES if I was losiing in Tecmo Super Bowl III with my brother.

-I stole 2 GBA games from my 7 year old brother.

-Have never played Halo 2 but continue to call it a "worthless sequel".

-I asked my friend to beat Lunar 1 (Sega CD) just so I can see the split second shot of naked Luna.

-Sesame Street ABC is one of my favorite NES games

Do I win?

You know, I'm reading over this thread, and I have done so many of these things...

1. I too paid 39.99 for Britney's Dance Beat
2. I bought DOA:Xtreme Beach Volleyball at full price
3. I hate Halo, yet I own Halo 2 Collector's Edition
4. The first RPG I played was FF7
5. I haven't completed a Final Fantasy game either, though I've played most of them.
6. I emulate as well
7. I bought PGR and SHREK on xBox release day. as well as DoA 3
8. I many games for systems I don't currently have.
9. I got my NES when I was about 6 as well, took me many years to beat mario too.
10. I participated only once in an OTT
11. I can't beat The Adventures Of Link either, I've tried many times.
12. I'm a sucker for Hamtaro too, and Pokemon. kawaaiiiiii!!!!
13. I hate the xbox too, I use it solely as a DVD player, and I have 2 xboxes and over 50 games for it.
14. I got to the end, but never actually completed FFVII either, still haunts me to this day.
15. I paid full price for BMX XXX ON RELEASE DAY!
16. I never let any of my friends borrow ANY of my games.
17. I own GTA 3 & VC for both PS2 AND PC and never beat either one.
18. DOA Xtreme arouses me too.

My own personal confessions...

I own Need For Speed Underground for PS2, Xbox AND PC, Paid less than 15.00 TOTAL for all 3 and never played the damn game, any version.

I have jacked off to video games before, many years ago, but I have.

I bought Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure, beat it 100%, AND wrote a stunning review for it over at Gamefaqs.

I own over 2200 games, not roms, and I barely have enough time off work to play them. :(

During a boss battle in Gradius 3, I once became so annoyed that I threw my controller down and started crying.

When I emulate, I usually cut the sound off and turn on some JOURNEY or REO SPEEDWAGON! \m/

I never played FF7, but I loved FF8 so much that I bought the 4-disc soundtrack. In anticipation I also bought the FF9 soundtrack, but now that I'm actually playing FF9 I'm not liking it all that much.

Also, at the time of this post, I have only completed the first level of Halo 2 so far - on easy mode. Oh god I'm a Halo poser!

Quest 64 is one of my favorite games of all time.

I once traded some complete n64 games for a ton of burnt dreamcast games...didnt realize i got screwd until i was older but then traded those burnt games for a unopened gba..

I didn't like final fantasy 7 and worse, I traded in my working nes with about 20 games, including such games as dragon warrior 3 and 4 for $20!! This was going towards my ps1, I was young and naive sorry! :cry:

Oh, here's one I just remembered . . .

I once returned a game to Wal-Mart after it had been used for just a couple of days. :wink:

Whaaaaaaat??!!!! It's the ONLY time I've ever done it. I'm really good at "re-sealing" and this GCN game had no security sticker so the only complicated thing was cellophane shrinkwrap -- which is fairly easy. Small piece of tape took care of the rest.

I'm kind of a PRO at this but only because I like to keep my cases looking new. :cool: I just remove the disc and manual and you can easily tell by the weight that it is indeed empty. I store the discs in a DVD wallet.

Yeah, my friend has suggested that I could easily substitute a blank CD-r and some paper and then do a return. But that would be SO WRONG! :twisted:

I bought a PS2 about 2 weeks after launch, and it broke a year later with DRE, so I took my walmart receit and cut the date and time off from the bottom, and got my complete 320$ back :), even though system was almost a year and half old :)

2. I bought 5 copies of primal from ebgames.com when they were on sale for like 7$, and returned them all to walmart for 230$ store credit :)

In Monster Rancher, there is a shrine where you can pop out the Monster Rancher disc, load any other disc in (game or CD), and generate a random monster from it. My parents had a huge CD collection, and I remember spending at least three days generating monsters from hundreds of CDs. I had to catch 'em all! :p

I had a coupon for $5 off Resident Evil 0 at Target, so I felt obligated to buy it. I played it for less than half an hour, got killed by a zombie dog, and sold it later for about half of what I bought it for.

I, too, never beat Final Fantasy VII, but I did beat II & III.

[quote name='Cmosfm']I have jacked off to video games before, many years ago, but I have.

During a boss battle in Gradius 3, I once became so annoyed that I threw my controller down and started crying.[/quote]
And Cmosfm is now my favorite CAG. :applause:

I grew up with Atari 2600, and later C64 (not confessions, just background).

Almost every game I had for the 2600 was just a chip that fit onto a dummy cart that my dad had rigged up. He had a machine at work that copied eproms. Those of you who have read my anti-piracy posts should find this to be a hell of a confession. At the time, I was not mature enough to determine how wrong piracy was, and since my father clearly condoned it (he was, after all, copying the carts himself), I didn't question it until many years later.

When I was sick as a child, my favorite things to play were the 2600 versions of Spider-Man and Superman.

I never owned ColecoVision or Intelevision, but was jealous of my friends who did.

I did not grow up with NES, SNES, Genesis. I can not hold my own in a conversation about old-school RPGs, etc.

I love GBA metroids, but never played the originals (tried to play the unlockable one through my GBA/GC link, didn't get very far).

Never finished an FF game. Didn't even come close with 7, didn't play 8 or 9, came very close with 10 before my PS2 (with my saves) got stolen.

Haven't finished KotoR. I don't remember where I left off, but I think I was near the end.

I use FAQs and walkthroughs. I sometimes use them just to keep track of story if I have taken some time off from a game, but sometimes I use them just to speed through a game as quickly as possible.

I used the BG&E strat guide to remind me what was going on. After I remembered, I just kept using the guide until I finished the game.

The bottom shelf of my bookcase is filled with penny guides. BG&E and Crimson Skies are the only ones I ever used. The Crimson Skies guide was useless for the section with which I needed help.

I have an Atari Lynx.

I can't find my copy of Suikoden II. I sold 2 sealed ones, but there was one that I actually played. It is probably packed in a box somewhere.

I have a Virtual Boy and, I believe, 9 games. I have had it for years, bought off ebay, I think. I have not played it once.

I may have more sealed games than played ones. That doesn't sound too bad, but I am including all systems in that count, i.e. my total number of sealed Xbox, PS1, PS2, GBA, GBC, DS, N64, DC, Saturn, PC, (NES, SNES, Genesis, Lynx, Virtual Boy, NGPC, GB, GBC -- For the systems in these parentheses, I have very few games, and none are sealed) is greater than the number of opened ones.

I have lost over $1,000 spent on consoles/games due to fraudulent sellers. I never filed mail fraud charges, I still have the Money Order stubs. This happened several years ago.

2 Christmases ago, my Xbox, PS2, and GC were all stolen when my house was broken into. I filed a police report, but never filed a claim with my insurance.

Ocarina of time was my first Zelda game. Mario 64 was my first Mario Game. I have never played a pokemon game.

Due mainly to DVDs and games, there is literally not room to walk around in my living room, dining room, bedroom, or spare bedroom (office). I am working at straightening up, though.

I spend more on games and DVDs than I do on all other expenses put together. Ok, I don't know that for a fact, but it seems that way. The realization that I don't know for a fact if the statement is true or not bothers me. I need to pay more attention to my finances.

I have yet to try Xbox Live.

I don't really care for FPS or racing games.

I bought my first console(s) (2600 doesn't count, because it was my dad's really, and I didn't pay for it anyway) in my 20s, because I realized that it could actually be cheaper to have a bunch of games at home than to toss quarters into an arcade machine. I never play arcade machines.

None of my close friends are console gamers :(. I have some friends who are into PC games, but I don't like most PC games.

I don't like most PC games.

I wish I had more gamer friends who could come over. No one seems to have the time (I don't really, either).

I suck at most videogames. My non-gamer friends think I am good, in spite of what I tell them.

I have yet to unpack my Steel Batallion that I got during the MediaPlay sale.

I have played Halo 2 and GTA:SA once each. Not once all the way through, just one sitting each.

I have played Panzer Dragoon Saga and Burning Rangers for less than 5 minutes. I don't own either. They had them set up at Epcot one year, I can't remember if it was before the official release, or what, but no one else was interested. I would rather purchase a used PDS than a factory sealed one. If I got a sealed one, I might be tempted to turn around and sell it without playing it.

I don't like Resident Evil games for the most part, but I ordered the Tin. I haven't even played the demo yet.

My copy of Snake Eater is still sealed, as are my KotoR 2, and Metroid Echoes.

I didn't get the big deal about Myst. I borrowed it from a friend and finished it in an afternoon (didn't even have to use a walkthrough). My friend didn't believe that I finished it. It seemed really short and empty to me.

Ok, that is enough confession for now. How many "Hail, Master Chief"s do I need to say?

[quote name='ChrisXE']I bought a PS2 about 2 weeks after launch, and it broke a year later with DRE, so I took my walmart receit and cut the date and time off from the bottom, and got my complete 320$ back :), even though system was almost a year and half old :)

2. I bought 5 copies of primal from ebgames.com when they were on sale for like 7$, and returned them all to walmart for 230$ store credit :)[/quote]

Well, confession is supposed to be good for the soul, but based on the smileys, it seems you aren't at all remorseful. Perhaps I am mis-reading it.

I came up with another one, and this is big for me, since many people here know how opposed I am to the WalMart scam...

I camped out in front of Target for the PS2 launch. I bought the system, Tekken Tag, and I don't remember what else (I think I actually bought the vertical stand at that time also. Talk about remorse). Well, when I got home and played TTT, I noticed that one of the tabs inside the case was broken. I was pretty anal about my things at the time, so, when I got the chance, I took it back to Target to get a replacement. Then, after I didn't play the game for a while, I realized I didn't really care for it enough to justify the $50, and here I had this sealed game. So, I returned the sealed game for a refund (store credit). I still feel kind of bad about it, but I don't let it eat my up inside or anything. I wouldn't do it again.

I payed full price for World Series Baseball 2K1 for the Dreamcast. Talk about $50 down the toilet in a matter of seconds. Played it once and will forever hate myself.

I have played and beat every single FF game. Even though my very fist RPG was FFVII. I played FFVII 4 separate times from begining to end hoping that there was a different ending.
I put about 250 hours into FFX. Didn't stop playing until I had gotten every single last item/weapon and maxed out every character in the game. And that's not counting the amount of times that I didn't save the game for different reasons.

A couple more after reading the latest batch:

- I didn't like the original NES Metroid.

- I have only played an average of an hour each of Prince/Persia 1, Beyond Good & Evil, Splinter Cell, Halo 1, and Ninja Gaiden.

- I have never played my copies of Splinter Cell 2, Riddick, Spider-Man 2, Fight Night, Full Spectrum Warrior, Fire Emblem, Ratchet & Clank 3, Mario Golf Advanced, MK: Deception, Pikmin 2, and a ton of other "Triple-A" games.

- I only played about 4 hours of Fable. I got married to some guy, then took him to a remote location and killed him. I felt very guilty, and haven't played since.

Let's see:

-I hated Ocarina of Time, and yet still strongly considered getting the port they made with Wind Waker
-I have never beat a Mega Man or X game, or even gotten close (beat Zero 1 & 2 though, go figure)
-I liked SaGa Frontier
-I've never even looked at an OTT.

Edit: I bought SC5 for $2.50 and used it to remind others that they had paid full price :twisted:

Double edit: I also liked Enter the Matrix and beat it twice (on a free rental)

I suck at video games, but I own over 500 of them.

The only video game I have ever completed was Baulders Gate Dark Aliance.

I can't stand rpg's

I own ps2 gcn and xbox, but I have yet to play any game online.

A confession I forgot:

I sold a number of probably priceless games. The list includes:

-Shining Force 2 and Shining in the Darkness for the Genesis

-Lunar: The Silver Star and Lunar 2: Eternal Blue for the Sega CD

-sealed copies of Star Tropics and Star Tropics 2 for the NES

-Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shining Force 3 (US), Burning Rangers, NiGHTS, Dragon Force, Dracula X (JP), Metal Slug (JP), Samurai Showdown 3 (JP) and my large assortment (30 or so games) of Saturn games. About half of them were imports.

I also paid full price for Space Channel 5, just to have pete5883 rub it in my face when he bought it for $2.50 a short while later.

bread's done
Back