Whats your "Gaming Confession?"

Recently bought Legends of Wrestling

What a terrible. terrible game, it makes me glad to see Acclaim in ruins. I'll keep it sinece how it was a mere $ 2.50 and if another Blockbuster deal ever comes around like the 8 dollar one, it'll have been a nice profit.

I also bought Thunder for full price, but when I got it I actually liked it and played it a ton. I hate it now, but was worth the money for how much I played it back then.

Played the Suffering on Xbox all night one day with a friend. We're right at the end of the game when the system starts making that buzzing sound, and the screen goes blank. My last save was at the beggining of the game some 8 hours earlier.

[quote name='broke']When it comes down to it my two favorite games are Tunnels of Doom for the TI994A and the Arcade version of Xevious (shout out to CAG Member Xevious - nice name).[/quote]

Holy shit! Someone else has played Tunnels of Doom? I loved that game! Cassette disc drive, cracking safes, and going through multicolored hallways that were essentially a big X on the screen.

I thought of one more confession:
When I first played Super Mario 3, it took FOREVER to get past the mini fortress. The problem? My TV was so dark, I couldn't see the simple door. I eventually discovered how to fly up and over the right side, leading to the whistle. It wasn't until I played it at a friend's that I say the "real" door. I was quite surprised.

[quote name='bmarquardt']I have never played a SNES game (besides maybe a remake or 2 or 3 or 4 on the GBA).[/quote]

I never owned an NES, SNES, or N64

I rented Gravity Games: Dirt Vert Street with my game pass because of two or three good songs on the soundtrack. God that was a waste of time and money, went back the next day and got a new game.

-I bought Need For Speed Underground 2, despite only playing 10 minutes of the first.

-I bought a used copy of Viewtiful Joe for $25 the day after I got my Gamecube last February, and I still have yet to play it. I should have waited until it dropped to $20.

-The only Final Fantasy games I've ever beat were FFIII and Mystic Quest on the SNES.

-I have yet to play through any RPGs from the Playstation era on.

-I emulate the NES, but only the games I can't play on another console.

-I regrettably sold a handful of SNES games when I was in high school. I don't even remember what I spent the money on. I own most of them again, except for a couple I never liked in the first place.

-I have yet to play any Resident Evil games. Although I picked up RE2 (N64) and Code: Veronica X (PS2) recently, so one of these days...

[quote name='Pylis'][quote name='sisco1986']I once played DDR in the nude. Don't ask..[/quote]

Gladly. :lol:[/quote]

:shock: :shock: :shock: and more :shock:

oh man, hope it was the 'home' edition. that's just wrong.... :lol:

[quote name='DigitalSpace']
-The only Final Fantasy games I've ever beat were FFIII and Mystic Quest on the SNES.

-I have yet to play through any RPGs from the Playstation era on.

-I regrettably sold a handful of SNES games when I was in high school. I don't even remember what I spent the money on. I own most of them again, except for a couple I never liked in the first place.

-I have yet to play any Resident Evil games. Although I picked up RE2 (N64) and Code: Veronica X (PS2) recently, so one of these days...[/quote]

Final Fantasy 3 on SNES is the only one I beat, too, and I own basically all of them.

Also, the only RPG on PSone I beat was Suikoden 1. Again, I own basically all of them.

I miss so many games that I got rid of -- Final Fantasy 3, Secret of Mana, my first Super Metroid -- not to mention the Sega CD gems I talked about in a previous confession.

Only RE games I played were 1 and 2 on PSone (didn't beat either one). Funny, then, that I haven't played any of the ones I actually own (RE2 on Dreamcast, Code Veronica, REmake GCN, RE 0). Also funny that I'm going to pick up RE4 this week.

I have beaten all the Zelda games....except OOT and Majora's mask.

Whew!! That was hard to admit! I've actually got both games for N64 and for GCN, but I just haven't gotten around to them...hopefully I can finish at least one of them (and the Minish Cap) before the next GCN title comes out...

[quote name='Mospeada_21'][quote name='Pylis'][quote name='sisco1986']I once played DDR in the nude. Don't ask..[/quote]

Gladly. :lol:[/quote]

:shock: :shock: :shock: and more :shock:

oh man, hope it was the 'home' edition. that's just wrong.... :lol:[/quote]

Yeah it was the home edition, I have busted my ass on the arcade editions, Wet boots and metal/plastic don't mix.

I never bought a used game. I never rented a game. I owned an Xbox and an Atari 2600 but I never owned a console that came out in that 20+ year period before that.

THats my confession..

I've said this before, but its my confession

I had a chance to buy Panzer Dragoon Saga (very rare Saturn game), but decided instead to buy Rebel Assault 2.

Also, though I really enjoy the FF games, I did not overally enjoy FFVI (FFIII for the SNES). I thought it was impressive, but it was too difficult for me.

I thought FFVII sucked, and never finished it. (I used to think future based RPGs were stupid)

I played Dragon Warrior (the first one) so much that eventually I maxed out all of the stats Gold and EXP could not go any higher.

No RE game has EVER scared me, but I almost pissed my pants in Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64 in the haunted house level.

One of my favorite NES games was (I can't remember the name) based in Disneyland with you trying to rescue the park.

I just purchased three more games today which I will probably never get around to playing.

My ex-girlfriend wanted me to give up video games, so I broke up with her.

We later hooked back up when I convinced her to play Mario Party 4 with me and she loved it.

I once had sex in the middle of a Mario Party game (we finished the game later). See above.

I have downloaded many PC games and never purchased them, also I have purchased many GCN and PS2 games and never played them.

I have had to hear fanskad (I work with fanskad.)piss and moan all day cause eb was not updating his order and he was like
when will it ship I am not going to get my order overnight. I paid 15 bucks for second sight where is my order.

I can not beat most kids games for some reason.

I buy lots of racing games but cannot stand racing games.

I am a cheapass any game I dont have under 20 bucks I must own.

I've pissed away about 984587364583 hours of my life playing Animal Crossing.....

...and another 9873326223 hours trying to beat Battletoads NES; which i still, to this day, cannot finish. :p

[quote name='vgamergirl']I've pissed away about 984587364583 hours of my life playing Animal Crossing.....

...and another 9873326223 hours trying to beat Battletoads NES; which i still, to this day, cannot finish. :p[/quote]

Those racing stages were just awful, weren't they? I think I beat the game once; but, I also think I managed to successfully convince myself that I beat the Robocop arcade game, but I don't know if I'm lying to myself or not.

My confession, fresh as of yesterday:

I just destroyed my first PS2 controller out of frustration. (no big deal, happens to some of us some of the time).

It was while playing the Tigger mini-game in Winnie the Pooh's forest in Kingdom Hearts. GodDAMN that was frustrating!

myke.

A few more:

-I actually enjoyed playing the following games:

4x4 Evo 2 (GC) - 57% on Game Rankings
Corvette (PS2) - 54%
Strike Force Bowling (PS2) - 53%

While they're obviously not the best games out there, I enjoyed them for what they were.

-I enjoy a good chunk of the Burnout 3 soundtrack, even though I don't normally listen to most of those bands (I only own CDs by two of the bands that appear on it - Eighteen Visions and Local H). However, I still think about half of the songs don't fit in with the game and have no right being in there.

-I once considered owning The Guy Game. I have since seen the error of my ways.

[quote name='DigitalSpace']-I once considered owning The Guy Game. I have since seen the error of my ways.[/quote]

It's becoming a rare game and a collector's item now. I just sold my used copy for $48 on eBay... :lol:

My confessions are:

I own about ~70 PS2/XBox/GC games, I only beat Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3, RE4, and FFX.

I don't like GTA series
I don't like Halo games
I don't like Mario games (hated hated hated Mario 64)
I don't like Gran Turismo games
I don't like Zelda: OOT (spent 2 hours on it and quit)
I don't like Zelda: Majora's Mask (spent 20 mins on it and quit)
I don't like MGS 1&2

I've spent more hours in Soldier of Fortune II on PC than all of the PS2/XBox/GC game time combined during the past ~3 years.

I rarely finish a game. I get quite close like last level, or in rpgs 90% don -
but never quite find the time to finish it. Only finished around 20 games in my entire life, even though I have hundreds in my collection.
I think getting 100% in goldeneye soured me to wasting that much time trying to complete a game ever again. ( that would be my most proud achievement)

pokemon snap is one of my favorite n64 games... i dont play other pokemon games and i dont know why i like that one, i just do and im 22, im so ashamed!

I bought a genesis 3 system and earthworm jim recently to play it again. I had to have a complete earthworm jim so I payed about $25 bucks for it (it was sealed). Then I opened it played it for a few minutes and now I want to sell the genesis.

In the meantime I bought about 6 or 7 other complete games that I used to have when I had my first Genesis. Haven't played any of them.

I got the Genesis 32X close to launch.

I have more sealed games than played games.

I have two copies of the Zelda Collection Disc for the gamecube. One open to play and one sealed in case anything happens to that one. This wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't completely anal about keeping my games pristine.

I just started playing Mario 64.

I hope they make Starfox 64 for the DS so I can get rid of my Nintendo 64.

I have about 3 or 4 dreamcast systems...Got them all cheap but I think I went a little CAG crazy. This wouldn't be so bad if I played one of them. Anyone need one?

I hate the Resident Evil games although I want to give RE4 a shot.

After years and years of playing RPG's I just recently realized I hate them.

I never beat FFVII....still haunts me as well.

I hate FPS games. I hate HALO.

I played three mintues of GTA III and was bored to death.

I think the original Nintendo Baseball is the best baseball game ever made.

I played through Metal Gear Solid multiple times and loved it. I got the demo of MGS2 with Zone of Enders...played it...couldn't get anywhere let alone finish it, traded the game in, bought MGS2 Substance...and it's still sealed. I need a day to sit down with that one and play.

I have a Nintendo Power Subscription (this was to get the Zelda Collector's Disc). No big deal but I got a little misty when I saw on Nintendo's site that my first subscription was back in 1989.

There is probably a ton more but I could really be here all day!

Nothing can be more embarrasing than the fact that I actually own Shaq-Fu for the Super NES. I got it for my birthday from my brother and I actually said thank you.

Ahem....

I have never played any Final Fantasy game. Nor do I intend to.

I hated KOTOR.

Out of the 3 current generation systems, I have a collection of 140 games.
I have completed and/or beat only 7 of them.

I actually own Dead Or Alive Extremely Bouncy Volleyball.

-I like Nintendo Power. (its actually getting better these past few months.
-Im currently in the middle of a Dreamcast binge. Ive spent a lot of cash re-collecting all the games i sold when i traded it in a couple years ago.
-I too enjoyed Pokemon Snap, and most of the pokemon games in general.
-I will also buy a Pokemon RPG if they ever come out with one on Gamecube.

I don't understand why people buy games and never open/play them. Why?!?! :x

I had trouble sleeping after playing Doom 3 one night. :oops:
Never played a RE game.
The only RPG I can play is Paper Mario.
I wish I stil had a SNES. I traded it in for a Sega Gamegear when it first came out.

Idiot. Idiot. Idiot.

bread's done
Back