What's Your Internet Connection SPEED?

Ronzilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I'm interested to see what the majority of CAG's have for their INTERNET CONNECTION SPEEDS? So, how fast do you get your internets?:D

UPDATE: Poll is for "ACTUAL" speeds during a normal day, not necessarily what your ISP advertises.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SpazX']Are you perhaps having some sort of caps lock problem?

btw, mine hovers around 12-13ish. [/QUOTE]

Yeah it goes in n out, it's REALLY weird. Actually I capitalize it so it stands out more when people glance over all the threads ;).

BTW, I hate you for being able to dl at those speeds :whistle2:x.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Somewhere between the 10-15 mbps, sucks because I can get some seriously laggy connection sometimes, though.[/QUOTE]

DAMN, you Lag with 10-15Mbps! Do you have a bunch of computers hooked up to that connection at the same time?
Maybe you have some leechers too. What's your upload speed?

Download is great, but upload sucks.

645427219.png

I'm sure that most everyone will have higher speeds than mine. Somehow, however, I get by, and it never feels terribly slow. What's more important to me is that the pings in games tend to be low, and the service is /incredibly/ reliable. That second point cannot be overemphasized: The Wife often works from home and needs reliability.

Currently I'm using Earthlink as my service provider on Time Warner's backbone. Time Warner's copper is the only real option in this area, and since I use them for digital landline phone service, I have Earthlink ride on their connection.

According to speedtest.net I'm fucking blazing right now:

But I don't think I usually get those numbers. On another server I can get around 6Mb/s upload, but that's definitely not the norm.

I hate to even say what mine is compared to some of you guys. I'm lucky to have it in my area. Its 3mb. I could get 5mb,but I never really saw a reason to do so. The upload is the same on both. >_

12.0 MBPS is my plan. On speedtest I usually get 15-19 down though. At work now so I can't run a test.

It's with comcast, and I'm paying $19.99 a month for this year for it.

[quote name='dmaul1114']12.0 MBPS is my plan. On speedtest I usually get 15-19 down though. At work now so I can't run a test.

It's with comcast, and I'm paying $19.99 a month for this year for it.[/QUOTE]

I wish I could get comcast in my area. I would change to it. Since it has way cheaper rates than what I pay for mine.

[quote name='Ronzilla']DAMN, you Lag with 10-15Mbps! Do you have a bunch of computers hooked up to that connection at the same time?
Maybe you have some leechers too. What's your upload speed?[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure about my upload speed, but yeah bunch of stuff hooked up to it, it's a family connection and we have 7 computers, 2 Xbox 360s, and my PS3 constantly connected. I only ever really have lag on the 360, though. My laptop's online play tends to be seamless.

EDIT: My upload speed is close to 9Mbps with everything hooked up and turned on.

So is the pole for what you "bought" or what you get?

If I am actually getting less, do I do that or what I purchased?

I am embarrassed to show mine, but its the best I can get being 1 mile out of the small ass town, and 24 miles from our great capital city...

This is on my wireless G connection that I use for my PC and PS3. Downloading speed I know is twice as fast on wired, however my ping is good most of the time when I play games online.

Hey cheaters, you don't get to count university connections :p. My comcast is cheap now too, but it's set up to run out next month and then it'll be $40 a month + modem rental.

Holy Hell a lot of you got some A$$ Raping speeds. I should've bracketed the poll better for the upper limits.

Some of those Ping times are crazy low too. In MW2 it always connects me with the 50ms groups(not sure if that's for everybody)
but I've tested my ping on speedtest and I'm in the high 80's. Zii = 3ms? WTF? Good for you I guess :applause:.

Fios at my folks - have to check cablevision when I get back home

Cablevision at home

Comcast, COX, and Verizon FIOS seem to have the best overall balance of speed(DL, UL, & PING). Too bad I can't get ANY!

Maybe I'll just drop 20k on equipment and start my own ISP. Any techies out there who can explain the most important thing(s)
to have to make online gaming the most advantageous for the user? Is PING more important than DL speed? Is UL Speed more
important than DL speed? Does the host ALWAYS have an advantage in online games? Inquiring minds want to know :D. Thanks for any help!

[quote name='Ronzilla']Maybe I'll just drop 20k on equipment and start my own ISP. Any techies out there who can explain the most important thing(s)
to have to make online gaming the most advantageous for the user? Is PING more important than DL speed? Is UL Speed more
important than DL speed? Does the host ALWAYS have an advantage in online games? Inquiring minds want to know :D. Thanks for any help![/QUOTE]I was in the exact same situation about a year ago. Since I had Cox about a mile away from my house, but it would cost me around 8k to trench it & buy the equipment/wire. Luckily a new housing development came to my neighborhood & so they brought Cox all the way to our house for free.

Before I had Cox, I had this piece of shit satellite internet: 'Hughes Net'. It was costing me around $70 a month & it was absolutely worthless, but that was my best option.

Sucks, but it gets the job done, I only lag every now and then in MW2, just can't host anything. I live in a technically classified "rural" area so I get crap when it comes to internet, which wouldn't be half bad if it was actually a rural area.

AT&T's Elite DSL, which is supposed to give me 6.0 Mbps downstream and 768 Kbps upstream.

That's... actually faster than I expected it to be. Still, I'd really like to upgrade to Metrocast cable soon. Not that I'm expecting it to be too much faster, but it's my only other option out here.

[quote name='LordKefka06']I was in the exact same situation about a year ago. Since I had Cox about a mile away from my house, but it would cost me around 8k to trench it & buy the equipment/wire. Luckily a new housing development came to my neighborhood & so they brought Cox all the way to our house for free.

Before I had Cox, I had this piece of shit satellite internet: 'Hughes Net'. It was costing me around $70 a month & it was absolutely worthless, but that was my best option.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Hughes Net is like Dial Up LOL. I'm hoping FIOS gets here quick. I've heard it's coming so there's some
hope but AT&T DSL is just about as worthless as Hughes Net. My Xbox laughs at me when I start it up because of my ISP :lol:.

Well I tested again to see if my speed wasn't just better because nobody's around during the day to use it, but it's about the same, so I guess I should've picked the 20+ option.

[quote name='dv8mad']I'll run speed test when I get home tonight.[/QUOTE]

Heh, forgot until just now.

647014878.png

Download going slower than normal for some reason...

EDIT:

Ah, had to reset my router.
647106882.png

Yeah I wish I could get faster internet, but my apartment complex is ATT DSL exclusive and all I can get is the 1.5 (third-tier) speed.

bread's done
Back