What's your most anticipated game coming out this year?

Culdcept DS if it ever hits the U.S. & Castlevania Order of Ecclesia, no clue when it'll be released either.

OP: Who's that metalhead eternally smirking in your sig and is he on trial?

We wont really know too much about the fall and winter release schedule for another few weeks at least.

I'm not heavily anticipating much at the moment. I'm doing just fine chugging away at the backlog between Smash tournaments. I mean, theres some DS stuff coming up soon, Izuna 2, Bangai-O, FF4, DQ4, but I'm not in any rush to get them.

Oboro Muramasa Youtonden(Wii) wouldnt be this year.

::shrug::

At this point, nothing really, outside of tentative hope for the new Castlevania not to be a rush job like PoR was.

Starcraft II most likely won't come out this year, which I am pretty sure Rob Pardo just confirmed.

Since that isn't, I am going to say Little Big Planet.

You can tell which CAG's only own a DS and Wii, the ones who are saying "Nothing, really"

Too many games to count, but my top 5, in no particular order, would be:

Fallout 3
Valkyria Chronicles
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice
Resistance 2
Left 4 Dead

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']You can tell which CAG's only own a DS and Wii, the ones who are saying "Nothing, really"[/quote]
This is a stupid thing to say. Particularly with the DS having the most robust and varied library this generation.

DMC4 - PC
Left 4 Dead - PC
Soul Calibur 4 - PS3
Street Fighter 4 - PS3
Little Big Planet 4 - PS3
B4ngai-O - DS
Castlevania: OoC 4 - DS

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']This is a stupid thing to say. Particularly with the DS having the most robust and varied library this generation.[/quote]

But what's coming out for it between now and Dec. that's any good? I can't think of a single game.

The release list for Q3-4 is almost entirely unknown for the Nintendo platforms at this point. Thats why I said in my first post that its a bit premature of a topic.

Even with that limitation we have Trauma Center 2 later this week.
Izuna 2, Bangai-O, Final Fantasy 4, Dragon Quest 4 and Sonic Chronicles before the end of September, that is to say, before Q4, when historically a large number of big name titles are released.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']This is a stupid thing to say. Particularly with the DS having the most robust and varied library this generation.[/quote]Then why are DS owners like Daroga saying "nothing really"?

not much. metal Gear Solid 4 came out. I think it killed my hopes for future games. Ever since beating it, I have not wanted to play games hardly at all.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Then why are DS owners like Daroga saying "nothing really"?[/quote]
Daroga looks like he has a 360 and PS3 tag to me.

The DS is the new PS2. With such a large install base and library, it defies blanket categorization of its users moreso than other platforms.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']Pointless cash-in.

I'm talking about *original* content.[/quote]

He listed tons of new content. Also, it is a remake of a game 15+ years old. It has new content.

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']Ask again after E3.[/quote]

I agree with that statement, but for games that we know are coming out this year I would say Soul Calibur IV PS3 Version (Vader FTW), Fallout 3, and Sonic Chronicles for DS

Too many too list, but Resistance 2 is super high on the list, that game is all too awesome. Im not excited at all for gears of war 2, after seeing a lot of the gameplay videos, it truly is Gears 1.5, which isnt BAD, but im nowhere near as excited for it compared to Resistance 2 which is just going to be mind blowing awesome. Don't get me wrong, im still going to get gears 2 and play the crap out of the online, but its not a huge mad rush excitement for it.

Of course, also looking forward to star wars unleashed, GH4/RB2, soul calibur 4, Little Big Planet and im sure a lot more once E3 rolls around. Of course, nothing of interest on the Wii since nintendo keeps on shoveling out mario games and has no real good gaming content for the core gamer that got them to where they are today. Wii is a disaster. The resale value on them has plummeted hardcore, used ones get 150 or so nowadays, or i'd sell mine already. Im sure it will go back up as we near the holiday season and the idiots want to buy one.

Overall my backlog gets bigger but there is so much quality gaming to be had. I just recently finished Bourne Conspiracy and Blue Dragon, i enjoyed both very much. Before that was Ninja Gaiden Sigma, before that COD4, etc etc. Theres a lot of quality titles on my shelf i havent even started yet. It is a wonderful time to be a gamer.

Saints Row 2.

The whole "Gangsta" theme is the exact opposite of me. But I do love the crazy-arcadey gameplay of the original and Saints Row 2 looks like it won't stop doing that!

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Daroga looks like he has a 360 and PS3 tag to me.

The DS is the new PS2. With such a large install base and library, it defies blanket categorization of its users moreso than other platforms.[/quote]

Large user base doesn't mean there's variety in that population. It's mostly kids/teens, in my experience. See also: GBA. It's not the new PS2, it's the new GBA.

That said there are a few good games coming out for it:
--Trauma Center 2 (today!)
--Tecmo Bowl DS (if Tecmo doesn't get litigated into oblivion before its released)
--Castlevania
--Bangai O
--Final Fantasy IV

That's not a bad rest-of-the-year line up (and there's probably more.) I'll probably pick up each one.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Then why are DS owners like Daroga saying "nothing really"?[/QUOTE]

I have a DS and 360, and I'm not really stoked for anything either. I get your point, I ditched the Wii because there wasn't anything I wanted on it anymore and my DS hasn't gotten used nearly as much the past couple of years.

But I don't think the 360 or PS3 line ups are that exciting on paper. Though to be fair their are several games like Too Human, Fallout 3, Fable 2 that I could see ending up being really good games that I'll pick up and enjoy. But they aren't OMG I must buy that day 1 type of games for me at this point.

Personally I'm waiting to see what happens at E3. There just isn't much for me so far that excites me besides "Fable 2." Well.... maybe if Microsoft announces "Midtown Madness 4" then I'd get excited. ;)

Banjo: N&B, TNA iMPACT, SvR 09, and GHWT seem to be it for me til new (chiefly nintendo) stuff comes around

Put me on the list for ds owner with nothing to look forward to (especially since I can`t stand rpgs) and I guess my psp gets the same treatment (unless LBP does come out)

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']You can tell which CAG's only own a DS and Wii, the ones who are saying "Nothing, really"
[/QUOTE]

This is the first time I've agreed with you in recent memory (though the new Castlevania looks solid).

It's true, though. The Wii is the first console I've seriously considered selling before its "time was up." I feel like Nintendo has alienated its fanbase.

bread's done
Back