What's your oldest sealed game?

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I'm just curious how many long-time collectors (or long time procrastinators ;) ) we have on this site. Feel free to list your oldest sealed game (as to when you acquired it) as well as your oldest sealed game (as to when it was released).

Timewise, my sealed pile of shame goes back to one day in 2000 when I bought Vagrant Story and Fear Effect 2 to from TRU and never opened them. Still sealed to this day.

As far as oldest sealed release (as to when the game game out), a few years ago I picked up a sealed copy of Axelay for the SNES. It was only $15 and was one of my favorite games on the system, so I had no problem picking it up even though my SNES was still in retirement phase.

I'm sure some of you have sealed titles dating back to the Atari 2600 or even earlier. Let's hear them!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits for ps2, when I first joined cag in the fall of 2006, in about 3-4 months through that april I went nuts and bought tons of stuff, most of it I never played...

Then I sold/traded off a lot of it

Got a sealed Super Metroid I got from JCPenny shortly after the n64 came out. I ordered 1 copy and they sent and charged me for two.

I have a sealed urban strike and desert strike somewhere for genesis. I think I saw them at kb toys one day for a dollar, and I figured what the hell.

I have a sealed Infernal for the PC because it was 3$ and I figured I should buy one, but I don't actually want to waste the HD space installing it.

But yea, I don't collect games I play them.

My oldest sealed game is also the one I found most recently. About a month ago I was at a Blockbuster with a friend of mine... went in there on a whim, as we had been to the same store a few weeks prior and didn't see anything of interest. To our surprise we found a Wave Race for the original Gameboy sitting among the Gameboy Advance games section of a Blockbuster... marked at $7.99, I couldn't believe nobody had snatched it up.

My oldest sealed game, based on purchase date, is only a few years old... a $3 copy of The Spongebob Squarepants Movie game for Gamecube, back from when Circuit City had that crazy summer clearance in 2006.

Oldest by release date is Legend of Dragoon for PSX. Oldest by time I've had it is hard to say, I got back into games about a year and a half ago after not playing much for a while, and the first thing I did was buy a bunch of games I'd missed, a few of which are still sealed. I'm going to guess either Grandia III for PS2 or The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for GameCube.

I have a sealed cartridge from the original Odyssey 1 (pre-Pong). They didn't shrink wrap then, but there's some kind of sticker over the flap. I also have sealed games for every system from Atari 2600 to present day. :)

Resident Evil 2 on N64. TRU sale, $1.50.

Other than that, just some "rare" XBox games.. Conker, Fatal Frame 2, The Guy Game.. I also have a sealed Bioshock X360 CE, which isn't easy to come across. It was a first run with the Big Daddy completely intact.. except the very tip of his drill.

I think the oldest I have is a sealed Arc the Lad Collection for PS One, but I'm just guessing until I can actually look at my collection at home.

The oldest sealed game I have (both release date and purchase date-wise) is a copy of Grandia for PS1. I got it sometime in '03 and I just never got around to playing it. Actually, I completely forgot about it until I saw this thread.:whistle2:|

I have a sealed copy of Arc the Lad CE along with the gigantic guide which i got a few years ago at gamecrazy. I don't plan to ever play it so at this point it'll most likely remain sealed until the day I sell it or trade it for something else.

Got a sealed copy of Ikaruga for the Dreamcast, sealed copy of Dragon Force for Saturn, and Ico for ps2. Think i have some others too, would have to look...

i never left anything sealed, too bad i guess
2.gif

The oldest game I have sealed is PSX Xenogears. I remember loving the demo and I'm pretty sure I picked it up on day one. Now that I look at it the old Electronic Boutique price sticker is still on there...

3238064252_d9baebf7ab.jpg

my oldest by release is a few a Atari 2600 Konami games that my Play N Trade had. I also found a few sealed 2600 games at a Goodwill, otherwise, the next oldest is Cosmic Fantasy 2 and Exile (both TG16CD) that I bought cheap when Working Designs went out of business and ebay was flooded

A sealed GH copy of SotN. It's got a small crack on the front.

But I don't think it's worth much either way. I'm just keeping it just of shits and giggles.

Haze from back when I did the Best Buy deal for $10. MAybe like 3-4 months ago. Not sure when I will crack that open considering how flawed I heard it was.

Link's Awakening (Original GB version)

I got it at a garage sale last year for $.50

I'm planning to put it up on eBay during spring break.

I opened my sealed copy of Super Castlevania IV a few months ago, so since that doesn't count... uhm... probably either Darius Gaiden or Fighters Megamix?

Actually, I just realized I have a sealed copy of the PC game Metal and Lace. That's so old that it comes on 3.5 inch floppies. I bought it at a flea market years ago and just never bothered to install it.

Wrackin' mah brain...

I don't know if you want to count it but I have a new PC Engine Core Grafx system. I think those came out around 1989.

Gamewise I think my oldest sealed game is a copy of WWF No Mercy for the N64 that I found at a TRU back in 2003ish. I'll open it once I get an N64 again but until then it's safe in the plastic.

Various Atari games for me. The neatest one is Cookie Monster Munch because I got it at a garage sale in the 'free box'.

Also got Lethal Weapon for the NES when I worked at Gamestop for free. This guy tried to trade it in with a bunch of PS2 games, and we couldn't take it, so he just gave it to me. I even tried to tell the guy he could likely make bank with it by putting it on Ebay, and he told me, quote, "I don't have time for that shit."

I have a group of sealed SNES games - Legend of Zelda: LttP, Castlevania IV, Sim City, Super Mario World, and a couple others. I won an auction on ebay 5 or 6 years ago and got them in a bundle for less than $5 each.

I collected old school Atari games for awhile, so I have a bunch for the Atari 2600 and 5200 that are sealed -- nothing too rare though.

Final Fantasy (US release)

[quote name='rcannon']Startropics for NES, do you think it's worth much??[/QUOTE]

LOL, I remember Montgomery Ward and Toys R Us having tons of these left over when NES went out of style. I had one sealed for a while until I decided to open it for kicks. Still haven't played that game.

Lode Runner for the Atari XE. Found it a Goodwill a few years ago. It's the only sealed game I own.

My copy of alien trilogy for windows 95. I found an acclaim shipping box full of 9 of them at the swap meet a few weeks ago for $1 total. :D

Dave Mirra 2 for the XBox from '01. I bought it for $5 at Ollie's (local store that's almost identical to Big Lots). Next is Fight Night 2004, again $5 from Value City. Last is PGR4 from club live.

I buy almost all my games used, though.

Oldest I think I've seen is my friend's copy of River City Ransom for the NES still sealed in the box. He got it for $15 from another friend, who got it at a local video store for $10 around 2000. The guy had some others as well, but my friend slowly bought them up and sold them on ebay and made a nice profit.

my only sealed game is sonic & knuckles for the genesis. i was a big fan of sonic when i was a kid and someone remembered to buy me 2 copies of it back in 1995

bread's done
Back