When I see a coming soon poster for this at a GameStop, something is seriously wrong.

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I should have snapped a picture when I was in the store today...holy hell. There was one of those "preorder your copy today!" signs that we always see in GameStop. But seriously, why the hell is http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=76992 being advertised in the store? Especially since its still fairly far from release. A better question......this may be the most inefficient shovelware of all time. The purpose of shovelware is to spend 0 money to make some money. But this is a liscensed ds game of a movie that came out a long ass time ago. They had to go out of their way to pay for the rights to this one, as well as pay the actors for their likeness (and voice acting, if there is any). Seriously...wtf?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been in development for a little over two years, so you're going to see a massive marketing campaign to hopefully sell a few more copies and let the company recoup a bit of the costs. It's releasing at $14.99 so it'll be an impulse buy for a lot of families. Don't be surprised to see commercials airing for it soon.

[quote name='rainking187']I don't know who would buy this, or why it even exists.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo fans. Seriously, go read the letter section in a Nintendo Power. They are all 6-12 year old girls who write in. So obviously a big portion of Nintendo's fans are young girls who would like that sort of thing.

Didn't that movie star Lindsey Lohan? Is she that much of a PR nightmare that she got annexed from her own box cover? lol.

[quote name='UpliftHarp']Didn't that movie star Lindsey Lohan? Is she that much of a PR nightmare that she got annexed from her own box cover? lol.[/QUOTE]

Yes, saw a story about this over on geekologie I think.

[quote name='UpliftHarp']Didn't that movie star Lindsey Lohan? Is she that much of a PR nightmare that she got annexed from her own box cover? lol.[/QUOTE]

Yup. She doesn't even rate shovelware cover art. Maybe she could market her own version of "Heroin Hero."

So...why exactly is this coming out now? Didn't that movie come out like 5+ years ago? Way to capitalize on whatever hype was originally there.

The funny thing is, the game is just a bad Puzzle Quest/Bejeweled clone that barely has anything to do with the movie.

This has to be the biggest financial disaster of 2010 in the game industry considering how much was spent in licensing and production (2 plus years as Scorch said) and even with impulse buys by clueless teenage girls, there's no way I would think they could make back their costs.

[quote name='Methadon']My ex girlfriend loved that movie, and if she had a DS, she'd probably buy it for her daughter.... smh[/QUOTE]

my ex too! she'd of bought it for her self tho as she's daughterless.

thank god that bitch is gone! horrible taste in everything besides me! :lol:

[quote name='MSUHitman']The funny thing is, the game is just a bad Puzzle Quest/Bejeweled clone that barely has anything to do with the movie.[/QUOTE]

Well, there certainly are worse things than a Bejewled clone.

And still, no randomly-licensed game will ever top:

6d8f_32.JPG

When's the suicide from bullying follow up game due out? Too soon? Honestly, kids are total wimps nowadays. If someone was picking on ya when I was in school, ya killed them.....with kindness. It confused and befuddled the mean people.:D;)

[quote name='Survivalism']Well, there certainly are worse things than a Bejewled clone.

And still, no randomly-licensed game will ever top:

6d8f_32.JPG
[/QUOTE]

lol i have that. there is such much win in such epic fail.

bread's done
Back